Old 11-20-2023, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for Memoria soon!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Me neither, I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say about this highly regarded episode!
Old 11-22-2023, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Watching it right now!

Old 11-23-2023, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great Episode!
Old 11-24-2023, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I LOVED Tom's story about the prank bulge, stuffing socks down his crotch
Old 11-25-2023, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the fact that they finally admitted that Chloe was originally going to become Lois Lane! I was the one who always said that Chloe was the proto-Lois Lane, and that she was created in the same "Torchy Blane" mold as Lois was. Did you think it was a coincidence that the Smallville High newspaper where Chloe worked was called The Torch? And it was kind of obvious when Chloe began interning at The Daily Planet in season 3, and asked her editor to print her first article under the pseudonym "Lois Lane," stating that it was the name of a cousin of hers who "wasn't the least bit interested in journalism."

And this only further convinces me that Clark and Chloe could've and should've gotten together at some point on the show, at least for a short time. It also makes me even more frustrated that they dragged out the Clark/Lana storyline for so long when it wasn't even necessary considering they had Chloe and Lois.

Oh, and this part really annoyed me. I don't know what angers me more, that McG (the guy who directed Charlie's Angels) was gonna direct a Superman movie, or that JJ Abrams (the guy who destroyed Star Trek and Star Wars and wasted years of everyone's time on the TV show Lost) wrote the script, where Krypton never exploded. If Krypton doesn't explode, then what's the point? Seriously, Warner Bros were gonna let McG direct a Superman movie and let JJ Abrams write the script? This was the plan before Bryan Singer's Superman Returns? I can't decide which one was worse now. I guess now I can't be too surprised that they let Zack Snyder run the DC movie universe.

Old 11-26-2023, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, Chloe had to have thought of the name Lois Lane from somewhere. We now know she got it from her cousin. In all seriousness, though, like I said in the other thread, it was a fan theory for years that Chloe could turn out to become Lois Lane, it wasn't just you who thought about it and saw the un-coincidental hints that they put out to make us think that would happen. Al and Miles just confirming this now isn't anything huge, considering. And again, as I've said before, I'm glad Chloe stayed her own character and they bought in Erica Durance as Lois instead.

Oh yeah, that would have been so freaking dumb. A Superman movie where Krypton never exploded? Ummm yeah, so Kal would have stayed on Krypton with his parents, was never sent to Earth to fulfill his destiny as Superman? Yeah, how dumb could you be to think that could work as a Superman movie lol.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know it was a fan theory, Liv. But when I watched the series, I said that there were just too many things going on for it to just be a fan theory. I've watched enough TV and movies to know how writers think, Liv, and I'm glad that Al and Miles finally confirmed my suspicions, just as I'm glad they confirmed my assessment that the Clark/Lana storyline went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too long.

But I'm agreeing with you. I wouldn't trade Erica Durance as Lois for anything, because she's the best Lois Lane ever. She actually got the character perfectly, just like the Torchy Blane character played by Glenda Farrell in the 1930s that Lois Lane was based on, the tough, feisty, crime-solving reporter heroine. But the fact that Chloe was considered as a possible Lois Lane, and the fact that they admitted that Chloe was a proto-Lois Lane just confirms that Chloe was a viable romantic option for Clark after high school and that Chlark shippers weren't imagining anything. It would've been better for Clark to be with Chloe post-high school rather than drag out the Lana thing for another two and a half seasons.

And yeah, this is yet another reason why I've said that JJ Abrams is one of the worst successful screenwriters in Hollywood today. Krypton not exploding takes away a lot of Clark's character traits and motivations.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I LOVED Tom's story about the prank bulge, stuffing socks down his crotch
This was hinted at in the DVD Commentary for "Memoria" too!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It was? Gosh, I don't even think I've watched the commentary for Memoria before. Will have to now

Yeah, but not all fans are as clued up on writers as you are, Alex. The fans that came up with that theory were there from the beginning and they just guessed based on all the hints given surrounding Chloe's character. Not because they knew how the writers think. I'm glad Al and Miles admitted that, too.

Yep, I wouldn't trade Erica's Lois for anything either. She was too perfect. Oh ANYTHING would have been better than dragged out Clana, that's for sure.
Old 11-28-2023, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You should check out all the commentaries when you have the time!
Old 11-28-2023, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I will! I've seen the commentaries for Red, Spell and one episode from S8 but I can't remember which one. But there's a lot I haven't watch yet.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope we can, Fatima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Yeah, but not all fans are as clued up on writers as you are, Alex. The fans that came up with that theory were there from the beginning and they just guessed based on all the hints given surrounding Chloe's character. Not because they knew how the writers think. I'm glad Al and Miles admitted that, too.

Yep, I wouldn't trade Erica's Lois for anything either. She was too perfect. Oh ANYTHING would have been better than dragged out Clana, that's for sure.

Well, not all fans are total geeks with no lives like me. I have a lot of time for observation and deduction. But I do know that most writers don't just do things arbitrarily. It seems like with Chloe they kept attempting to go in a certain direction with her and Clark, only to get pulled back at the last minute.

Oh, I'm glad Al and Miles have admitted to a lot of things. It's not easy being right all the time like I am.

Erica was the best Lois Lane for certain.

I agree with you about that. It's a shame that Kristen had to end up having her character turned into what she became.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I see.

So exhausting being right I'm sure

Yeah. Though I know that Kristin actually liked that ending for Lana. She understands why most fans didn't but she has her reasons for liking it. She said so at one of the con panels. I can't remember which one.

Happy TalkVille day! Looking forward to Talisman later. I wonder if they were able to get John Schneider back for this one, since he directed Talisman.

Wow, they actually did!

Last edited by livstevi21; 11-29-2023 at 08:16 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread