Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2023, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just re-watched episode 17 "Sleeper". This episode was always a bit hit and miss for me, it just felt a bit disjointed. Jimmy and Chloe's dance at the ace of clubs was quite something. Clark spending all night with Lana may be noble but completely dumb, he should have focussed on getting to that box in Zurich before Lex did like Lionel had warned him. Like Chloe said, if Clark doesn't stop Lex from having complete control over him, it's goodbye everything, and certainly no saving Lana. It just felt like in this episode he was doing absolutely nothing, just sitting around and the only important thing he was doing was going through Dr Swann's journal.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just re-watched episode 18 "Apocalypse". I'd forgotten just how much I loved this episode. Tom did such a fantastic job directing this one. All the episodes he directed were great. Clark is always such a disappoint to to Jor-El lol. I don't blame him. I love how it took sending Clark to an alternate universe to show him that things would have been just as bad if not worse if he had not existed on Earth. The way Clark looked at Lois in the alternate reality, had to show him that his destiny lies with her, even if Lana wasn't in a coma. I liked the idea of Lana alive but in Paris and married with two kids. It makes me wonder how it would have been if Lana had left for Paris at the end of S3 and then just never came back. But then we wouldn't have had that whole witch storyline nor Jason Teague sooo...yeah, tic for tac....but it would have been the ideal way to end her storyline. Perhaps if she had returned to Paris at the end of S4. Or at a push at the end of S5 when Clark broke up with her. Actually that would have been the perfect opportunity for her to go back to Paris. Hmm. Anyways, I liked the appearance of Sheriff Adams in that alternate reality, I hated that she was killed off in S5. I do love the scene when Clark finally gets to Krypton to stop Brainiac killing him as a baby and the way Clark held himself as a baby and put him in the ship. It did make me wonder where Jor-El and Lara were, if Brainiac had taken baby Clark from them just as they were about to put him in the ship.

Clark - Lex actually came to you to tell you that he was trying to help Lana, and the only way he can do that is if he knows what truly happened. I know at this point trust is a huge thing now between them given that they're practically almost enemies at this point but to me it looked like Lex was giving Clark yet another chance to tell the truth and Clark still continues to play dumb. It's painful, to say the least, but it was a good scene and it's been a while since we had a Clark and Lex scene in the barn.

Re-watches are great for looking at these episodes in new perspectives.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tom has always been great at directing these episodes.

I wasn't a big fan of how season 7 went. I think the strike had a lot to do with it, but also how they decided to go right back into the Clark/Lana stuff when no one wanted it. Lana being in a coma was actually a relief.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Tom is a fantastic director.

The strike definitely affected S7 for sure. I wouldn't say no one wanted it. The Clana fanbase were crazy. Too crazy, actually. Well, Lana being a coma didn't mean Clark wasn't hell bent on getting her back. He decided to stay by her side instead of stopping Lex from getting the power to control him, until it's too late.

Just re-watched episode 19 "Quest". Always enjoyed this one. Edward Teague taught Clark a valuable lesson. He was twisted, sure. But in his eyes he wasn't expecting Clark to not be proactive in making sure no one would gain the power to control him. I get that Clark's not a killer and won't kill even Lex. But even Chloe thinks he should. I love the scene when Chloe saves Clark.

And finally, I just re-watched the S7 finale episode 20 "Arctic". It might not be my favourite finale, but it is one of the best parts of the entire season. I love how Lois gives Clark an application for a job at the Daily Planet - it's cute how she cares about his future. I remember that Kara was Brainiac. She was way too unlike herself to be anyone else. I mean, there was no way Kara would have told any of that information to Lex. Ugh, Brainiac was such a pain but he was a great villain. Clark's face when he sees Chloe's eyes open how Lana's were in her catatonic state. If looks could kill. That punch he gave Brainiac was so for Chloe more than Lana, and he asked Brainiac to release Chloe and Lana, Chloe first! The way Lois went to console Clark after seeing Lana's videotape was always one of my favourite Clois moments, it kinda parallels to how he was there for her when she and Oliver broke up. Of course Lex would have never kept his word about keeping the feds off Chloe, if Jimmy was unwilling to continue lying then he would put her back on the most wanted list. The final showdown with Lex and Clark in the fortress was great, but I still hate how Clark just stood there lol. I love how Lex tells him he loves Clark like a brother. Not loved, love. At least, that's what I heard. Lex only thought he was protecting the world from him.

Last edited by livstevi21; 09-12-2023 at 12:06 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you are enjoy Season Seven, Liv!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It has it's issues, but it has some good episodes! I'll start S8 next week.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Enjoy!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread