Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2021, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I liked it because Clark finally told Lionel to stop calling him "son". If Lionel really cared and wanted to protect Clark, he wouldn't have had Clark trapped in the cage, and certainly shouldn't have let anyone else control it but him. It proved to Clark that despite efforts to the contrary, Lionel will never change. And it was revealed by Patricia that it was Lionel that killed the Queens, the Teagues and she was sure he had a hand in her father's death as well. Lionel did not just murder his own family. He was a serial killer.
I did disagree with Lionel's decision there but I did still like Lionel. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

You mean, like to dislike him?
Old 09-25-2022, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nah I still liked the guy. lol Season 5-7, I was a real Lionel fan even when he did evil things. Even when I said "WTF Lionel?" I still was rooting for him. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I mean, I know he was trying to redeem himself in those seasons, but I still didn't like him. I was never rooting for him.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always liked Lionel's character even as good & evil, if that makes any sense.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh yeah, I enjoyed hating his evilness, for sure.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh yeah, I enjoyed hating his evilness, for sure.
I enjoyed doing that a lot!
Old 07-10-2023, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

FINALLY started my re-watch of S7 tonight with episode 1 "Bizarro"

The Clark/Bizarro fight was cool, I just love how Tom played Bizarro and how different you could tell he was from Clark. Poor Chloe waking up in a morgue. Just as well only Clark heard her screaming out, it would have been interesting if anyone else had heard her. I wonder if Kara had known about who Lex was and what he had done would she have saved him...I like how Lex thought she was some kind of angel, which I guess she kinda did. It was another miracle for him in the face of death lol so I guess it made sense he felt some kind of remorse and handed himself in to the police as he was on suspicion of murdering Lana. The scene with Bizarro and Lois was funny. How did she not end up hurting her hand when she slapped his face she hurt her hand when she went to punch Clark in Combat. I love how she later forgives Clark, Clark having no idea what she's on about and how sorry she was to hear about Lana. Speaking of Lana, and I know it sounds horrible if I said it would have been better had she stayed dead, but Clark was finally starting to realise his destiny here and it seems like this season should have been him moving on and accepting it rather than waiting another season. But no, Lana had to return and they had to get back together yet again. I get that if Lana was to be still alive she had to return eventually to show Lana that was was alive and well, but couldn't they have just made their peace and gone their separate ways after a couple of episodes instead of the whole Bizarro living with Lana plot (which I HATED - I hated that Lana, for that whole time - she didn't figure out that Clark was different). It was obvious that despite their good times, all the times they've attempted to be together just never worked and it should have been realised much sooner.

Anyways. This is a great season premiere. I forget who pulled Lionel out of the water.

Just re-watched episode 2 "Kara". I love how Kara didn't question when she first bumped into Clark how he was able to come at her at the same speed that she can, only when he catches up with her the second time. It was funny how she would lift up little boys asking them if they are Kal-El but of course, since being in suspended animation, she was unaware that time had passed. What a shame 18 years had to pass in order for the dam to break and her to be free. I had totally forgotten that Lex suspected that Lana was still alive and actually ends up finding her in China, and yet Lana knew he would find her by leaving bread crumbs. I did remember how she had faked her death, though. No matter how much she probably have wanted to, Lana is no killer, so it was obvious she was not going to end up shooting Lex. It's interesting how Lex tries to apologise to her about what he did to her. Sorry, Lex, but there's no coming back from that.

Love when Kara breaks apart the Daily Planet elevator doors and looks back when Clark tells her not to It's nice that Clark finally has actual family from Krypton who's alive and that he can properly talk to about what his family was like, even if Jor-El tells him to watch over her because she may be dangerous.

I felt sorry for Chloe being put down by the new editor Grant, (which I forget but did Lex made him editor or something). He was so rude about her and to her. Whilst I'm sure she's happy for her cousin to land a job at the Daily Planet, it was obvious that her nose was put out of joint and was definitely not happy about the idea of Lois working opposite her. Just because Chloe's been through a lot shouldn't mean her work is any less valid at the Planet and yet that's how Grant treats her, though I guess he is unaware of all that she's been through. It felt like as the show was getting Lois to finally get started at the Planet as how it should be they have to push Chloe out and move her story elsewhere, when journalism had always been Chloe's life. Not that what she goes on to do wasn't fulfilling for her, given the changes in her life, but it's sad how her love and passion for reporting has to make way for making Lois the star reporter when Lois had only started properly showing an interest in reporting since S5/S6. Two years versus a lifetime. I get that originally it was a theory that Chloe might have ended up being Lois at the beginning but obviously that did not turn out to be the case.

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-12-2023 at 03:31 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you have re-started your re-watch, Liv!

Happy Watching Smallville Season Seven!
Old 07-13-2023, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Will watch "Fierce" later tonight!

Just re-watched episode 3 "Fierce". The whole weather girls thing was lame, but I loved Clark becoming like his father Jonathan and lecturing Kara on how to be careful with her powers so she's not seen in public and teaches her how to control them. The scene with the watermelon was my favourite. I liked Kara trying to fit in. Lana returning to Smallville and surprising Clark was an epic scene, but it's ironic how she ends up being the one apologising to him and telling him she didn't mean to hurt him, that she was just trying to protect him, not to mention her telling him that he's possibly being too harsh on Kara. Clark was only embodying his upbringing from his parents onto Kara. Only now is Lana learning how hard it was for him to hide all the time. It's interesting how Kara tells Clark that he'd be living a lie if he continues to live out his life on the farm with Lana when he ends up doing that with Lois. But it was obvious that she was right, Lana was just never going to be the one, even despite the fact that Lana finally knows his secret. So the fact that Lana tells Clark that she wants for them to start over yet again and be with him at the farm is just exasperating because it hindered Clark from finally moving on from her and with his life. They've been there done that so many times before. And I know that was the writers' fault for letting Clana drag out for so long. It was nice to see Jimmy back. Kara developing a crush on Jimmy was funny.

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-13-2023 at 12:37 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you were able to enjoy this episode well!
Old 07-17-2023, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I will aim to finish S7 before my holiday.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I will aim to finish S7 before my holiday.
Awesome! Good Luck!
Old 07-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just re-watched episode 4 "Cure". Will always love this one because of Dean Cain being in it! I felt sorry for Sasha, she really did seem cured, and could have been one of the few meteor freaks who went on to to live a normal life. Also felt sorry for Chloe too, she so badly wants to be cured of her "meteor freak-ness". Her powers, whilst for good and doesn't make her go crazy, comes at a cost of her own life and you can't blame her for going to such desperate measures. The scene at the end with her and Jimmy breaking up was so sad. Jimmy is a total sweetheart but you can't blame him either for only having so much patience.

The way Lana tells Clark she'd never lie to him and yet has a dark secret of her own, after all those times berating Clark about him not telling her his secrets because they can't have a relationship built on lies and now she's doing the same to him. Also, I had just remembered it was Lana behind who has Lionel isn't it! If I remember correctly....

And Kara, it's interesting how Jor-El and Martian Manhunter tell Clark to watch his back with Kara, even though she honestly had nothing to do with her father Zor-El assassinating his brother. I guess they think like father like daughter? Clark obviously trusts Martian Manhunter because he saved his life, but it's obvious she's just an innocent party in it all.
Reply   Post New Thread