Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2020, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
I was hoping for an on screen reunion with Maggie Grace, but it never came.
I wanted to see a reunion with them, too, even though I hadn’t seen The Fog yet, at the time, I still wanted to see it!

Y’all like this movie a lot less than I do. I can understand that being big Tom fans. I like the cheesy movies like this, and Travis didn’t bother me that much. I thought Benjamin Walker was pretty hot! Of course, I thought Tom was pretty hot, as well, and he was so hot as Dr. Ryan.

I really like how the movie was making you think that “The Choice” was gonna be Gabby’s choice between the two men, but really, it was “the choice” that Travis had to make on whether to let Gabby go or keep her breathing on the ventilator. Fortunately, he ended up making the right choice because she lived.

I think what bothers me a lot about the movie is when Ryan ends up proposing after the “explosive fight”, but then Gabby breaks off the engagement a couple of days/weeks later... Too much back & forth. No wonder Gabby couldn’t commit to anyone.

She did eventually commit to Travis and I actually enjoyed their scenes and their relationship, once there wasn’t cheating and Ryan involved. Well, only Ryan involved as their doctor.

I do agree with y’all that Gabby didn’t love Ryan. As much as I think Tom could have chemistry with anyone, even a stick , I just felt that there just quite wasn’t something there between Ryan and Gabby. It was great to see that by the time Travis & Gabby were married, everyone could be adults, and forgive, and be friends, and Ryan could have a professional relationship with them, as well as a personal one, keeping them informed about his kids and his life. I do agree, though, that the punch is pretty awesome!

Anyway, I’m sure y’all watch this movie for only one reason (Tom!) and while I do enjoy Tom and his scenes in this movie, I like to watch the whole thing every time because I’m just a sucker for the cheesy, romantic, Nick Sparks movies.

Oh! Also, I’ve always felt that the “seven years ago” timeframe was just too short... By the time Gabby is in the hospital, their oldest kid is at least 10 years old, maybe 9, so there’s no way that it had only been 7 years from the beginning of the movie until we're caught up with Travis going to the hospital to see Gabby. That’s just something that’s always bothered me about the movie.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Heh, you know, I really thought I was going to really like this movie, as I love a good cheesy romantic/romantic comedy film. But, aside from Tom being in it, I just found this movie so boring. I couldn't warm to the characters at all and yeah I found Travis to be super annoying. I did like how the choice in the film was actually about Travis's choice to keep Gabby on the ventilator or not, that was an admittedly heartbreaking part of the film, and it's nice that it ended happily but that's probably the only thing I liked about it. Admittedly, I had never read or seen any of Nick Sparks books or films, but because I like some movies in that genre I thought this would be right up my street but it wasn't.

I think Tom spent more time promoting this film than he did actually filming it. On our videos/interviews thread, the OP is full of links of all the interviews he did for it. I hope they all still work...might check on that next week!
Old 05-31-2020, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn the Ships (View Post)
I wanted to see a reunion with them, too, even though I hadn’t seen The Fog yet, at the time, I still wanted to see it!

Y’all like this movie a lot less than I do. I can understand that being big Tom fans. I like the cheesy movies like this, and Travis didn’t bother me that much. I thought Benjamin Walker was pretty hot! Of course, I thought Tom was pretty hot, as well, and he was so hot as Dr. Ryan.

I really like how the movie was making you think that “The Choice” was gonna be Gabby’s choice between the two men, but really, it was “the choice” that Travis had to make on whether to let Gabby go or keep her breathing on the ventilator. Fortunately, he ended up making the right choice because she lived.

I think what bothers me a lot about the movie is when Ryan ends up proposing after the “explosive fight”, but then Gabby breaks off the engagement a couple of days/weeks later... Too much back & forth. No wonder Gabby couldn’t commit to anyone.

She did eventually commit to Travis and I actually enjoyed their scenes and their relationship, once there wasn’t cheating and Ryan involved. Well, only Ryan involved as their doctor.

I do agree with y’all that Gabby didn’t love Ryan. As much as I think Tom could have chemistry with anyone, even a stick , I just felt that there just quite wasn’t something there between Ryan and Gabby. It was great to see that by the time Travis & Gabby were married, everyone could be adults, and forgive, and be friends, and Ryan could have a professional relationship with them, as well as a personal one, keeping them informed about his kids and his life. I do agree, though, that the punch is pretty awesome!

Anyway, I’m sure y’all watch this movie for only one reason (Tom!) and while I do enjoy Tom and his scenes in this movie, I like to watch the whole thing every time because I’m just a sucker for the cheesy, romantic, Nick Sparks movies.

Oh! Also, I’ve always felt that the “seven years ago” timeframe was just too short... By the time Gabby is in the hospital, their oldest kid is at least 10 years old, maybe 9, so there’s no way that it had only been 7 years from the beginning of the movie until we're caught up with Travis going to the hospital to see Gabby. That’s just something that’s always bothered me about the movie.
Thank you for taking the time to share your views, and also reviewing and taking our thoughts into consideration. It means a lot!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I actually haven’t read any Nick Sparks books in awhile, but I used to read them all. My favorite is A Walk to Remember. I did read this book after I saw the movie. I used to read the books before, but I’ve gotten to busy to be able to do that. I heard that they’re probably not gonna make anymore of his books into movies, though. That kinda saddens me, though, because there’s always been one of his books that I’ve wanted to see made into a movie, The Guardian.

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to share your views, and also reviewing and taking our thoughts into consideration. It means a lot!
You’re welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts!

Old 06-02-2020, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You should pitch that you wanna see that one to Nicholas Sparks on social media.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I know what you mean, I don't get as much time to read books as I'd like to. A shame they might not make more of his books into films, but you never know, they might end up making your favourite one day.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You never know what the future will hold.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I really hope so!

Old 06-04-2020, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-24-2020, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Old 06-25-2020, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

He sure is
Old 06-25-2020, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Felt bad for Ryan when Gabby left him for Travis.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great photo!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It's probably the most famous Tom shot from The Choice!
Old 11-18-2020, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
Felt bad for Ryan when Gabby left him for Travis.
Yeah, why would she leave Ryan for Travis. ugh, she's no taste
Reply   Post New Thread