Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2021, 11:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the Color Palettes website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exciting
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

omg I wasn't expecting to see this so soon! Thanks so much for putting our board on the list! This is exciting. It's been a few years since the last customisation, and by the time the new one's done we'll be well into 2022 so it's definitely about time. I'll unstick one of the other top threads for now whilst we get this done.

I'm excited to start this process with you guys!

Now, the main reason I asked for the re-customisation is for the banner, those pictures are a little dated at 8 years old (already 4 when we did this one) and I wanted something a little more up to date. I know this was going to be the difficult bit as there isn't as many recent large scale good quality photoshoot options to use, which I know is the preference. I did have some alternative options which I'll post later but if anyone else can come up with the ideal photos, please let me know! When I mean recent I mean photos from 2017 onwards would be ideal.

As for the board colours, I love what we have at the moment. I know it's not possible to have the exact same colours but if we could have as close as possible to the colours we have now that would be great.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

This thread does not count towards your total of topped threads so you don't need to unstick anything

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Ah ok thanks. It was only the Smallville anniversary celebration thread which has pretty much passed anyway. Plus, I'll be starting the holiday fan art thread in a mo.

Last edited by livstevi21; 11-19-2021 at 02:05 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome! Can't Wait!

Liv, I understand what you mean by recent photos, and if you need any help with that, let me know!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks, Fatima! They need to be good HD quality photos.

These are some of the public appearance photos I had in mind which I know isn't the most ideal but if you can think or find good quality photoshoot ones I may have forgotten about from 2017 onwards that would be helpful, thanks Fatima.

https://i.imgur.com/5ZdggYd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gZp7Zx1.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/nejdCOV.jpg

Last edited by livstevi21; 11-20-2021 at 03:58 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

(It is preferable that you link to the pictures, not directly post them in the thread, but thanks for using tags)

Do you have a source for where you've found those pictures? Sometimes they may have better quality versions. They are still of a decent & should be usable quality but if we can get better that will be even better.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-20-2021, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

ah ok, sorry, I'll edit and post links instead.

And here's the source for the first image

https://www.media3.hw-static.com/med...-1800x1200.jpg
Old 11-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh, sorry for the confusing, when I say source that's not what I mean. I mean a link such as this one - Just Jared where you can see the gallery of all the pictures.
I also just realised those three pictures don't appear to be from the same appearance? It is preferable that they are from the same one.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-21-2021, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A lot of the Tom Welling photos that are available in high quality are no longer found online.

How about these ones, Liv?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/z1g7fRh
Old 11-21-2021, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh, sorry, that's ok, I can post the link to the source too.

https://www.hollywood.com/tv/tom-wel...rths-60762537/

I think I may have found three good pics from the Fox Fall Party one but I cannot find the source to this one, the link to the Love Dearest gallery has disappeared the best source is from Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/306596687126713655/

here's a good one from Just Jared

https://www.justjared.com/photo-gall...x-premiere-59/

and then this one again the only source is Pinterest

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/4167941...implified=true

There's also a really recent appearance shoot that might be good but I don't think there's enough images from that one plus they were watermarked. I will need to find the source again later.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The Just Jared link may be the best option

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
There's also a really recent appearance shoot that might be good but I don't think there's enough images from that one plus they were watermarked. I will need to find the source again later.
It depends on where the watermark is. So long as there are three usable pictures they should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
How about these ones, Liv?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/z1g7fRh
Unfortunately we can't use pictures where the head is cut off. Some of the different lighting may cause issues too but otherwise there are three usable pictures there. Are they from the same shoot/appearance?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-22-2021, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Unfortunately we can't use pictures where the head is cut off. Some of the different lighting may cause issues too but otherwise there are three usable pictures there. Are they from the same shoot/appearance?
Yes. They Are.

If you guys decide on the TCA 2017 event, let me know because I have Love Dearest's photos in the Highest Quality.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

These are the watermarked most recent appearance shoot but the watermark is all over so it's probably unusable

https://www.shutterstock.com/editori...021-12521576id

https://www.shutterstock.com/editori...021-12521576fh

https://www.shutterstock.com/editori...021-12521576hz
Reply   Post New Thread