Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Smart move. I haven't been texting the first guy much lately either. He's just odd. He sends me a text... I say hi and then no convo lol. I don't get him! He's so weird.

The other guy seems to be obsessing over the "don't reply too quickly" rule. It's actually annoying. Idk if he is trying to follow some dating rule or if he legit believes that it should be this way. It's ridiculous because I'm the opposite of that. I hate game. I know a lot of people claim they hate them, but I actually do. I truly, honestly hate games.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

that is very strange. (about the first guy...) maybe hes trying to play it cool or just doesnt know what to say.

id engage in conversation for a while but then yeah, maybe let it simmer a bit and see what happens.

i dont like games either, i wish people would just be honest about what they want. i reply probably too quickly, and nick doesnt. i dont know if hes purposely doing that to play it cool or if he just is slow/busy. but whatever, i guess just do what you wanna do.

how long does he take to reply? nick will take hours sometimes, so i wouldnt worry about it. guys are dumb. LOL.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

hoursssssssssss.
i mean its nuts lol.
sometimes about a half an hour. idk. maybe he's playing video games lmao. i have no clue.
i guess id just feel better if we had another date planned, but we dont yet.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
Just messsge him and ask for it! Lol I think sometimes we just gotta put ourselves out there and try and not analyze so much. So if you wanna see him , just ask to hang out and see what he says.
I wish I could just ask him to hang-out! The problem is he lives 3,000 miles away in California! IDK what I would say to get his phone number. I need a really good reason!

At least things are moving nicely with you and Nick!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jess! Yeah, Im feeling a lot better about things. Hes away for four days and today said he was gonna get me something when he was gone. that made me giddy.

I understand though what you mean, with him so far you cant just ask him to hang out... such a bummer! Ill try to think of some good reasons to get his number! LOL. (though id still just ask his mom haha!) Maybe the next time you message him just be like "well, facebook is slow on my phone so you should text me... and then leave YOUR number. LOL"

Quote:
hoursssssssssss.
i mean its nuts lol.
sometimes about a half an hour. idk. maybe he's playing video games lmao. i have no clue.
i guess id just feel better if we had another date planned, but we dont yet.
its hard not to wonder and analyze but dont fret! nicks super inconsistent with it. One day it took him like 6 hours to reply, but he does have a demanding job...
there are lots of explanations. 1) maybe he doesnt know what to say and hes thinking about it before he replies 2) hes trying to play it cool and look like hes busy ( i mean, ive done that so many times with other guys) or 3) he genuinely is busy or gets caught up in something.
my friend also has a lot of problems with her phone and never gets her messages so that could be an explanation. Or maybe he just has it on silent and only looks at once in a while. Or maybe he sees it and then forgets that he didnt reply. I mean, there are so many explanations.
in terms of the date thing, i wouldnt worry about that either... again, Nick and I only hang out once every like 2 weeks. Ive stopped trying to ask him to hang out because hes bailed on me a few times and it was starting to get under my skin, so now i just let him as ME and so far, everytime hes initiated it, hes followed through.
so let him ask you. I usually imply that id like to see Nick and thne give him the chance to plan the day or whatever, but you could also try putting yourself out there and just asking HIM. If you are scared maybe dont make it so datish... just say, "hey, would you wanna hang out tomorrow for a few hours? we could get a movie or soemthing" IDK, something casual? something that doesnt put pressure on him? just an idea!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"well, facebook is slow on my phone so you should text me... and then leave YOUR number. LOL"
^ i think that's actually a really good one! you should tell him that for some reason, you don't always receive FB messages on your phone and that he should text u instead. i dont think it looks weird at all!

alexa, i think you and nick seem to be making progress. even from just 2 weeks ago, it sounds like things are moving forward for you and heading in the right direction. that's really exciting!

Last night, he and i texted for a while throughout the evening. at one point i just got annoyed and not because he takes long to reply because thats totally fine. he is the one texting me first and always makes sure its a text i'd have to reply to lol.. which is what i usually try doing, but i mean... as much as i like to find out about him and what he does on his time off, i'd much rather go on a date and find it out in person. i dont want to initiate asking him because it seems to me he is really into the "playing it cool" thing and i rather he take the plunge tbh. its not like we've gone on 5 dates or something... i feel like he should be the one to ask me out again, especially since after he first messaged me and told me to let him know if id like to see him again, i said i did already. he knows i do, so just frkn ask me out already!!!!! arg. that's the only thing that bothers me
i ended the texting convo last night by giving a non-open ended response. i just didnt feel like texting in 30-45 minute intervals till 2 am without it going anywhere. hopefully the next time he texts me, he'll just ask me out. im so impatient!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

That might be a legitimate reason. I still don't know, though. I'd be too nervous to ask for it.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope he asks too but it is a two way street and he shouldnt be the only one to adk in the future. But i do think waiting a bit is smart.

Whats the worst that could happen jess? He wouldnt reply or hed say no? I dont think hed do that, its not like youre asking to marry him! Lol... But een if he didnt react well atleast youd know.

And yeah things with nick are great. He got back from his trip and we talked til 1 am. I might not see him this week because he works night til 4am but i csn wait, im feeling much more patient lately which is a relief. I ghink its helping because he just seems a lot more relaxed and things do feel like they are really moving forward.

Im anxious to see how he acts around christmas time!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Ugh! IDK. I really need to pray and think about it. I'd ask my friends for advice, but they keep telling me that I need to move on from him. But maybe they're right. I just don't know where else to "look".

Hope things continue to go well! Christmas time will probably be the deciding factor on how serious or not your relationship is!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, we have a date set for tomorrow night so i'm very happy about that! the other guy hasnt messaged me since friday lol. i guess it was technically my turn to message him, but his lack of initiative is a real turn off. for the last date, im the one who brought up seeing each other that week so i mean... have some balls and do it... otherwise, find someone else. i dont have the energy to deal with guys like him tbh.

i'm excited for you about nick. i think a lot has to do with your approach and im basically all for it. i refuse to run after a guy or get too invested so early on. its smarter.

jessica, do u guys talk on facebook chat or something similar?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

im starting to get confused now. can you give me a name for these guys? or at least initials? LOL.

which one do you have the date with and who asked who?

and yeah, the first few months i was CRAZY and obsessive and probably freaked him out too much, so i think being patient and taking it slow is working much better.

today he was like "ill text you when i wake up" which is nothing, i realize LOL, but its already showing a change because before he would never tell me what he was doing like that, he would just stop responding. and now he always apologizes if he texts late. dunno, just feels like its more important to him.

yeah jess, you said you messaged him a bit ago, he responded right?

Quote:
Hope things continue to go well! Christmas time will probably be the deciding factor on how serious or not your relationship is!
yeah no kidding! if he doesnt act like he really wants to see more and doesnt get me anything (after i got him something for his bday and we got each other gifts already) then it will say a lot.

im okay being his friend and hanging out and having "fun" for now but i dont want to invest my time into somebody that doesnt see it going further.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Oops sorry lol.
Jay is the guy that I went out with a few times and is boring with text messages. He hasn't messaged me since Friday. I don't really care because all we do is chat and we'd see each other once every 2 weeks... Not to mention, he doesn't bring it up... I'm the one who brought it up last time.

The other guy is Evan. He's the one I had a first date with last week. He messaged me on Wednesday and we've been chatting since then. He's the one who takes forever to reply lol.
We have a date set for tonight finally, so I'm happy about that. We'll see how it goes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is great! Yeah let me know how it goes!!!

Im friends with nicks parents on facebook and his dad 'liked' my picture today!

Idk why but it made me happy! I think because i only really met him once and friended him because of nick so him liking a post tells me that maybe nicks talked about me? Idk lol
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
Idk why but it made me happy! I think because i only really met him once and friended him because of nick so him liking a post tells me that maybe nicks talked about me? Idk lol
That's what I feel about Jer's parents. Whenever they like or comment on something of mine on FB, I get excited because it makes me think that maybe he'll see it or something. I liked one of our mutual friend's pictures the other day, and my name was right next to his and I got excited! Geez. I'm pathetic.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

i totally understand you guys. i'd be the same tbh, lol. its hard not to let your mind wander when it comes to these things i would be the exact same!

the date went well, i think. the only thing is that when it ended, he didn't mention doing something again soon or calling me, so idk what to make of that. i know that the first question my friend always asks me is "how did it end?" lmao. so i always think of that when i say my goodbyes at the end of a date. so who knows? i guess i'll wait it out.