Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Sarah, how long ago was the latest hurricane? It's so interesting that for different countries we call storms differently. Over here, we call hurricanes typhoons.
I think it was 2013.

We have had some bad storms since and all now get names, and I don't remember storms having names when I was a child.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Steph, and that's normally for how long (the time they give you)?

Sarah, oh just 5 years ago then. At least nothing like ours cause we get them every year and they're much stronger too these days (usually 1 Cat 5 storm every year).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jennifer, calming chews? There are chews like that for dogs? I don't know this. I always get problematic whenever it's New Years Eve here because the dogs just freak out with the fireworks. The toy poodle wants to be on my lap sitting the whole time. The Boston Terrier just wants a human around so if you leave him, he panics.
they are just a natural treat made to help dogs and cats with anxiety, she eats them because she thinks she is getting a treat, my dads girlfriend got them on Amazon or something, they help a lot

its raining again today and I didn't sleep very good so I'm tired today
Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's great that there's something that can help.

I'm sorry you didn't got enough sleep.

It's too hot for me at the moment.

We got some rain, but it didn't cool things down.

Quote:
Sarah, oh just 5 years ago then. At least nothing like ours cause we get them every year and they're much stronger too these days (usually 1 Cat 5 storm every year).
We do get more bad flooding.

We also get earthquakes and tornadoes, but nothing like they get in America. The tornadoes are quite small and I don't think there's any danger of being carried off to Oz.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Steph, and that's normally for how long (the time they give you)?
It all depend on them since it like 8-10 hours per week w/ different clients and some need more than that....

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Jennifer, I think I'll find some of those for future use (especially during New Year's Eve). Thanks!

Sarah, oh yeah floods. That's actually the worst part of the storms. Hang on, you get earthquakes? But yeah, I don't think not as strong as what we get here. We've had like 2 already for this year and although you can feel them, they're over in a matter of seconds so you think you were just dizzy. Still scary when you realize it's an earthquake.

Steph, can you go home already after a client call or do you still need to report back to work?

Old 07-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

they are just called calming chews I forget the name of them, but the cat loves them and thinks she is just getting a treat

she does have some real anxiety meds she can take too but we give her those more because she doesn't fight us trying to take it
Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Steph, can you go home already after a client call or do you still need to report back to work?
I always do the reports on the next day as long I have 42 hours to report it.. But I tend to do the next day before I forget about it.. Plus it depend on client that I have to make call my supervisor about the client..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 07-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great.

Is having to call the supervisor a good or bad thing?

Quote:
Sarah, oh yeah floods. That's actually the worst part of the storms. Hang on, you get earthquakes? But yeah, I don't think not as strong as what we get here. We've had like 2 already for this year and although you can feel them, they're over in a matter of seconds so you think you were just dizzy. Still scary when you realize it's an earthquake.
We seem to get a lot of small earthquakes and the most powerful was 6.1.

I can imagine. I've never even felt an earthquake.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Jennifer, I'm glad I learn stuff like this online. I'm definitely going to buy those for this year's New Years Eve celebrations.

Steph, I can imagine. When I used to do client calls before, we're always required to go back to the office so most times I'd leave work at around 10PM just to finish up. It's so tiring.

Sarah, it doesn't help when my country is literally smack in the Pacific Ring of Fire so typhoons, earthquakes and volcano eruptions are "common". Although we're not like Japan when it comes to earthquakes. It's more frequent there.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

your welcome hope you find them and they help your dogs

I have never experienced an earthquake, the mid-east doesn't get them too often
Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's good to hear.

Quote:
Sarah, it doesn't help when my country is literally smack in the Pacific Ring of Fire so typhoons, earthquakes and volcano eruptions are "common". Although we're not like Japan when it comes to earthquakes. It's more frequent there.
Wow.

I feel very lucky where I live, considering the weather we can get.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Have a good Wednesday!

Quote:
Steph, I can imagine. When I used to do client calls before, we're always required to go back to the office so most times I'd leave work at around 10PM just to finish up. It's so tiring.
Oh man, I know that feeling..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Jennifer, it's good that you never experience them. They're scary because there's no warning. At least with typhoons, we know when and what time they're coming so we can prepare.

Sarah, yup! At least weather wise, UK is fine. Yes it rains but nothing like the rains we get here.

Steph, I used to have work like that. Now I can come to work and leave work at my own time.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

we call typhoons hurricanes here and we get warnings and watches, I'm not on the coast so I never experienced one of those either. we do sometimes get tornadoes in the summer because we are right in the middle of a valley and we have plains lands around us

I started selling Nerium, my cousin had a little party on Sunday and had some people over to try it. I am a believer that stuff is still working on my face and I don't even have any on I signed up to sell it under her for some extra cash, still helping my friend out with his jewelry but I wasn't making that much so I got this now too