Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2020, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

I miss Dex.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-06-2020, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me, too.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here
Old 06-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We should have gotten more.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sucks we didn't
Old 06-07-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

I really need to watch Daredevil to see Wilson play Dex.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 06-07-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes you do
Old 06-08-2020, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
I really need to watch Daredevil to see Wilson play Dex.
Yes you do. Just force yourself through it. That's what I did. I had never even watched DD, but I watched Season 3, just for Wilson. It was hard too, NGL, seeing him in a role so dark. It was tough watching him cry and be vulnerable and watch his character grow darker and darker, but damn if he wasn't good at it.

It's weird, even with the darkness, I still saw Wade. Wilson carried Wade's mannerisms with him and it shows during a lot of scenes. It's like looking at Wade sometimes, with the way he does hand gestures of faces. Some mannerisms are exactly like Wade, even if the character isn't. It does get distracting. Wade's southern accent even manages to slip through, too.

Wade Kinsella is my favorite, hands, down. No one compares to Wade. Wilson played him with perfection, but I do think he is great as Dex.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Yes you do. Just force yourself through it. That's what I did. I had never even watched DD, but I watched Season 3, just for Wilson. It was hard too, NGL, seeing him in a role so dark. It was tough watching him cry and be vulnerable and watch his character grow darker and darker, but damn if he wasn't good at it.

It's weird, even with the darkness, I still saw Wade. Wilson carried Wade's mannerisms with him and it shows during a lot of scenes. It's like looking at Wade sometimes, with the way he does hand gestures of faces. Some mannerisms are exactly like Wade, even if the character isn't. It does get distracting. Wade's southern accent even manages to slip through, too.

Wade Kinsella is my favorite, hands, down. No one compares to Wade. Wilson played him with perfection, but I do think he is great as Dex.
Is he in the entire season 3? I only saw one episode of him on Daredevil just because I wanted to see how he was in the role, but I wasn't too fond of the show itself so I found it hard to continue to watch it.

Yeah, it's really strange sometimes that Wade has been carried through all of Wilson's roles since then. I am sure I will love picking up on it.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Sharing this from Jen.

Yes Riss, he's in it a pretty good bit. I don't care for the show itself, mainly cause I never watched it and I didn't even know what was going on with the other character, (I couldn't even tell you what their names are) but I didn't care. I only cared about watching Wilson. I wouldn't watch any of the other seasons, but I enjoyed watching him. I do remember a girl, Julie. And he has scenes with King Pin and some with Daredevil, I know who they are. The other people, no clue.

During one of his Dex's evaluation scenes, he calls the Doctor "Doc" and mentions Julie being a bartender, I think and you know the first thing I thought of, instantly was Wade. How could you not? Considering he called Zoe, Doc all the time and well, Wade is a bartender. You would think the same thing, cause you're in the same boat as me, when it comes to Wade. I wonder if that was written on purpose or if he improvised the "doc".

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 06-08-2020 at 09:07 AM
Old 06-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that.

Obviously I'm going to recommend watching DD, but I definitely think you should watch Season Three for Wilson Bethel.

Here's some art I've made to put in the OP of Dex's thread:

I've also posted it in fan creations thread as well.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Sharing this from Jen.

Yes Riss, he's in it a pretty good bit. I don't care for the show itself, mainly cause I never watched it and I didn't even know what was going on with the other character, (I couldn't even tell you what their names are) but I didn't care. I only cared about watching Wilson. I wouldn't watch any of the other seasons, but I enjoyed watching him. I do remember a girl, Julie. And he has scenes with King Pin and some with Daredevil, I know who they are. The other people, no clue.

During one of his Dex's evaluation scenes, he calls the Doctor "Doc" and mentions Julie being a bartender, I think and you know the first thing I thought of, instantly was Wade. How could you not? Considering he called Zoe, Doc all the time and well, Wade is a bartender. You would think the same thing, cause you're in the same boat as me, when it comes to Wade. I wonder if that was written on purpose or if he improvised the "doc".

Yeah, I think that might have been one of the other reasons I didn't continue watching it because despite wanting to watch all the episodes in the season for Wilson Bethel, I had no idea what was going on otherwise. But now I really want to. I can always fast forward straight to his scenes actually then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

That scenes where he calls the Doctor "Doc" I thought the same thing. It was the one episode I watched and couldn't help but see Wade in that moment because he BARELY called Zoe by her real name on HOD.

Old 06-08-2020, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Is he in the entire season 3? I only saw one episode of him on Daredevil just because I wanted to see how he was in the role, but I wasn't too fond of the show itself so I found it hard to continue to watch it.

Yeah, it's really strange sometimes that Wade has been carried through all of Wilson's roles since then. I am sure I will love picking up on it.
He is

How much have you watched of the show?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He is

How much have you watched of the show?
I only saw 2 episodes of Daredevil I think. Just because I wanted to see Wilson in another role, but since I had no idea what was going on, I didn't continue watching it.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I only saw 2 episodes of Daredevil I think. Just because I wanted to see Wilson in another role, but since I had no idea what was going on, I didn't continue watching it.
Okay, fair enough