Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
It definitely is. People hold Spike to a human standard.

Aw, don't let that kinda thing get to you, J. Not everyone has to ship SB. Everyone interprets media differently. Other people's views of BTVS shouldn't effect the enjoyment of yours.

ETA: Argh. I just almost spilled ramen noodles on my laptop
I'm so depressed right now & that's why it's getting to me. That's when stuff like this gets to me. Plus I'm sick of all of it.

It's ridic that SMG is being harassed b/c she chose Angel.

I'm not gonna send hate mail like SMG got in Season 6 for not loving Spike & just being a bitch.

I'm sure that really helped her want to ship Spuffy. I don't want everybody to ship them I'm just sick of the hate.

Fans are still gonna be fighting over this in 20 more years.

It doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the ship.

I just feel miserable right now & barely feel like posting as it is.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It's ridic that SMG is being harassed b/c she chose Angel.
Yeah, that's very upsetting.

I'm sorry you feel so bad I miss posting with you.

IA. People will still be having ridiculous arguments/ship wars in another 20 years.

I wish fandom would just chill out and focus on what they enjoy, not hate.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 04-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

To help make me feel better.

These weren't hard to find since they were in my like near the front of Tumblr.

Oct. 2016

Should Buffy have ended up with Angel or Spike? Joss Whedon weighed in on this age-old 'shipper war.

“I’m a Buffy/Spike shipper. I always felt like he was a more evolved person, but that’s like saying Juliet’s going to be so happy with Benvolio and everyone will love it. Buffy/Angel is for the ages; Buffy/Spike is maybe for me.”

James Marsters Interview: Spike/Buffy

"In 2017, Spike would be making sweet love to Buffy Summers! I think eventually, with enough time, Spike – since he has a soul – would mature into a vampire who would be right for her.

I don't think that he was the right pick for her while we were doing the series. But I think give it enough time to grow up and he would make a very good partner for her."

Quote:
Yeah, that's very upsetting.

I'm sorry you feel so bad I miss posting with you.

IA. People will still be having ridiculous arguments/ship wars in another 20 years.

I wish fandom would just chill out and focus on what they enjoy, not hate.
I miss posting with you too. I hope I will like it more tonight.

I guess it really shows how iconic Spuffy & Bangel are that basically 20 years later the shipper wars are still going on. I hate most is I can't watch clips of the show on YT b/c of the hate written a lot.

I love being able to say how pop. Spuffy were from Spike's first episode that already fans were writing fic Season 2. I love that SMG & JM each claimed Spuffy was their idea first. I especially love we have proof of this from SMG in Seventeen Mag. We never had that as a thread title on SMG/JM surprisingly.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Do you have any more SB moments you want giffed?

Old 04-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I hate the hate as well. Everyone has an opinion even the cast.

Believe me I know shipper wars 16 years later we still have them on the Roswell board. However they are not as bad as they were back in the day. I respect how everyone can't like a certain ship and that is ok. As a MOD I try to keep a balance.

However to hear the cast is getting hate mail and hate on social media because they expressed who they like better is wrong.

Sorry shipper wars are getting people down! It is not right. We need a wheel chair fight, a demon wedding with glowing radioactive Bridesmaid dresses, or a class protector Prom award, to help us smile again.

Lets celebrate the 20th and put all the negative thoughts behind us!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-07-2017 at 09:50 PM
Old 04-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Absolute Fan

^Agreed
Quote:
Sorry shipper wars are getting people down! It is not right. We need a wheel chair fight, a demon wedding with glowing radioactive Bridesmaid dresses, or a class protector Prom award, to help us smile again

Quote:
Believe me I know shipper wars 16 years later we still have them on the Roswell board.
Oh I used to love Roswell. I always shipped M&M.

Sorry, I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I'm genuinely curious. What major shipper wars happen in that fandom?

Some Spuffy to keep us on topic:

Old 04-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Do you have any more SB moments you want giffed?
How about when Spike says she should look upon with forgiveness & love & everybody will forgive & love. He will be loved when on the cross.

Then when their hands are on fire show Buffy's smile with the handclasp & tell him she loves him with his look of awe before he says no you don't.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
How about when Spike says she should look upon with forgiveness & love & everybody will forgive & love. He will be loved when on the cross.

Then when their hands are on fire show Buffy's smile with the handclasp & tell him she loves him with his look of awe before he says no you don't.

Both are fantastic scenes and highlights of the seventh season. S7 is probably my least favorite season but the Buffy/Spike material in it is great, and SMG and JM really carried the show that year IMO.

Someone wrote an analysis about Buffy's iconic "I love you" to Spike, and it's really brilliant. Here's a link.

The Chosen "O" - Happy Accidents

It's one of my favorite fan essays on the show.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 04-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
Both are fantastic scenes and highlights of the seventh season. S7 is probably my least favorite season but the Buffy/Spike material in it is great, and SMG and JM really carried the show that year IMO.

Someone wrote an analysis about Buffy's iconic "I love you" to Spike, and it's really brilliant. Here's a link.

The Chosen "O" - Happy Accidents

It's one of my favorite fan essays on the show.
Well Season 4 is mine.

Thanks for the link.

I can't remember a gifset made like that.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
S7 is probably my least favorite season but the Buffy/Spike material in it is great
That's how I feel. Outside of SB (and Faith coming back) that season is so blah to me. I even like S1 better.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's how I feel. Outside of SB (and Faith coming back) that season is so blah to me. I even like S1 better.
Are you gonna make my gifset?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Awww but the "no you don't" is so heart breaking

Old 04-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Awww but the "no you don't" is so heart breaking
Just include his look awe.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Straws nice to have another Roswell fan out there. Love that your are a M&M fan! You stop by our board sometime. The shipper wars were between Max and Liz or Max and Tess. It was insane back in the day. :shakeshead: Now it is not as intense.

Anyway back on topic. I agree so many great Buffy Spike moments in season 7!

Amazing post and insite into the final scene of season 7.

Aw the fan art with the reunion photos and the quote of 147-148 days kills me! Such a beautiful bittersweet scene!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Straws nice to have another Roswell fan out there. Love that your are a M&M fan! You stop by our board sometime.
I will

M&M are one of my few beloved ships that were actually endgame. Bless them.

Quote:
Aw the fan art with the reunion photos and the quote of 147-148 days kills me! Such a beautiful bittersweet scene!
IKR. Hit me right in the feels.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread