Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, in a twisted way I think she could of thought of him as her liberation, almost like a God. Aside from with Angelus, she was so loyal to him & I always wanted to understand that a bit better, it was almost like she stopped thinking for herself when she was under his rule.

I agree with you, the only time she really didn't listen to the Master was when she was with Angelus, cause she really expected to be with Angelus forever but Master was still a huge part of her life.

I definitely wanted to see more of it, too bad we didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiosK (View Post)
Just chiming in to say the Darla storyline was probably my favorite part of Angel. She made quite the impact in the Buffyverse for having so few episodes, so would you have wanted more Darla? I'm leaning towards yes, but the limited amount of screentime might have kept the few storylines she did have of a higher quality.

Welcome to the thread!
I agree, Darla storylines was one of my favorite things about the ATS and I'm so happy they brought her back into the show, one of the best creative decisions.

I actually would've wanted to see more of Darla, she was just one of my favorite characters and Julie Benz portrayed her perfectly so I definitely would've wanted to see more although I agree that her limited of screetime lead to higher quality storylines.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Welcome to the thread!
I agree, Darla storylines was one of my favorite things about the ATS and I'm so happy they brought her back into the show, one of the best creative decisions.

I actually would've wanted to see more of Darla, she was just one of my favorite characters and Julie Benz portrayed her perfectly so I definitely would've wanted to see more although I agree that her limited of screetime lead to higher quality storylines.
Thanks! The Darla as vampire scenes were a lot of fun (and Julie Benz in those Victorian getups...) but the human stuff was an absolute revelation to me. She was sooooo good at showing her vulnerable side that I guess I'd be silly not to want more human Darla. My heart sank when W&H took her away from Angel.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiosK (View Post)
Thanks! The Darla as vampire scenes were a lot of fun (and Julie Benz in those Victorian getups...) but the human stuff was an absolute revelation to me. She was sooooo good at showing her vulnerable side that I guess I'd be silly not to want more human Darla. My heart sank when W&H took her away from Angel.

Julie Benz was just so terrific, and she showed all the elements of Darla so perfectly. My heart sunk with Angel and you at that moment, it was just so tragic because Darla finally accepted her fate that she was going to die, and that must have been so tough for her cause she was just always a survivor and based her whole life around doing whatever it takes to survive, so to have that stripped away from her and accept it was just heart wrenching... also would you like to be added to the fanlist?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I get what you mean about too much of a good thing & all, but I really would have loved to see even more of her. I would have loved to see her made a regular
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I get what you mean about too much of a good thing & all, but I really would have loved to see even more of her. I would have loved to see her made a regular

I agree with that, seeing as how Darla was one of my favorites. I would have loved to see more of her, or even see the human!Darla storyline get stretched out to more episodes.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah I think I would have rather had that then her sticking around for long in season 3 imo - although we did get some great scenes from the pregnancy, seeing her human was always my fave storyline of hers & it would have been great to see it end not so heartbreakingly.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Season 2 was my favorite storyline for her as well. I loved how Darla was still kind of the same, but she just had a heart and a soul. That was really the only different, but she still loved the view, she still wanted to be with Angel, most of her feelings stayed the same.

Sadly she couldn't remember her name though.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think she couldn't remember much of her human life other than that she was a prostitue So I guess all she had to go on were her memories of a vampire, those that made her who she was. She couldn't remember what she was like before, she probably felt on some level like she had only ever been a vampire & really had no idea how to be a human.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think she couldn't remember much of her human life other than that she was a prostitue So I guess all she had to go on were her memories of a vampire, those that made her who she was. She couldn't remember what she was like before, she probably felt on some level like she had only ever been a vampire & really had no idea how to be a human.

I know. Not the best thing to remember.
I'd love to know before she became a prostitute how her life was, with drove her to that. She just always had a sad life.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah & she didn't see to have any family by her side or anything like that when she was dying, I wonder if she'd always been alone
Old 08-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that's a pretty sad thought. But it does seem that way, probably the life she lead pushed her family apart or her family really wasn't that good to begin with.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Maybe she was orphaned & that's how she ended up as a prostitute in the first place
Old 10-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Darla arc in S2 of Angel was the best story arc the show ever had, so brilliantly done and Julie was fantastic.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ICA, it was amazing

carnivore incarnate
Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
The Darla arc in S2 of Angel was the best story arc the show ever had, so brilliantly done and Julie was fantastic.
Agreed! I think it's probably my favorite arc to watch as well, which is why I watched Season 2 more than any other ATS season. lol

Closed Thread   Post New Thread