Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisherwasher
It's true. It even says so in the Shooting Script.
I knew it!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisherwasher
It's true. It even says so in the Shooting Script.
Yep in the Wrecked shooting script it states it..

When Spike says to Buffy.. "You never had it so good as me.. never."

In the shooting script it states.. Buffy takes this in, shaken it's true.

So yes it's canon.. Spike is the best lover Buffy ever had.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 03-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Hehe, I love it
Guess a little Spike lovin' goes a long way LOL
But honestly when you think of who Buffy was with before - Angel, Parker, Riley -It's certainly comes as no surprise that Spike was the best, cuz all I havta say for the other guys is
(Well, at least Parker was kinda cute - but a complete jerk, and definately no Spike )

"I'm Batman!" - Dean Winchester

Last edited by JBOO46; 03-03-2005 at 04:25 PM
Old 03-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't get why Nancy Holder keeps stating that Angel was the best lover Buffy has ever had when it was already stated on the show that Spike's her best lover. Buffy was a virgin before she slept with Angel so how can he be the best.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite77
I don't get why Nancy Holder keeps stating that Angel was the best lover Buffy has ever had when it was already stated on the show that Spike's her best lover. Buffy was a virgin before she slept with Angel so how can he be the best.
Because sanity is optional when it comes to Buffy tie-in writers. I'll take Marti Noxon's words over hers any day.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Simple answere: She likes Bangel over Spuffy and that comes through in every one of her books.

Personally sometimes it seems like she stopped watching the show after season 3 and just made up and fanwanked the story as she went along.

To show Buffy and Angel pining for one another in Season 6 and Season 3 of their shows is inconsistant because the characters were in totally different places. Hell it was even during this time that the main guy at ATS, Greenwalt came out and told fans who want Angel back with Buffy to GET OVER IT.
That Angel being with Buffy now would be like getting him back together with his first wife.. it would be a nightmare.

So no Nancy. Buffy wasn't thinking about Angel and that oh so tender 20 minutes where she lost her virginity,, when she was having amazing, mindblowing sex with Spike, her best lover, and Angel was thinking about Buffy when he was taking care of his Son (Who he had with Darla, who Buffy klnows nothing about) and falling for Cordy.

You know it seems to me if someone is going to right a BTVS book they should at least be up to date on what's going on in the show.. and perhaps even read some interviews, comments, commentaries.. finding out exactly what they meant to show, and not how you want to fanwank it into B/A Forever.

I mean someone even mentioned Blood and Fog and how she had Spike wishing he could kill Buffy if his chip were out.. I mean come on thats utter nonsence.
First of all having Spike wish to kill someone he just got done mourning , and missing so much that he took care of her firends and sister and counted the days she was gone is shockingly out of character.
And Second, the whole Episode Smashed centered around the fact that Spike realized his chip didn't work on Buffy therefore he could hit/kill her if he wanted. Notice how Spike never killed Buffy... and not because he couldn't but because he CHOSE not to. Please watch the show then if you feel you got the characters down pat and you understand the storyline maybe then choose to write a book about it.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 03-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's not even fanwank, though. Fanwank implies that the plot is remotely plausible. Her stories and most B/A fanfiction are simply AU, they have no place in the Jossverse other than that's where it takes place. Completely disregarding canon advancement? Just weak writing. That's all there is to it.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Maybe it's just me, but to be honest, mistakes and complete disregard for the plot aside, I don't even like Nancy Holder's writing. IMO, all her work seems rushed, her descriptions usually suck, and even if I could overlook her annoying B/A worship, I still don't enjoy her books. Never have. So there - take that Nancy

Old 03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
New Fan

Is this the same author who was shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, when there were bad reviews about her book on amazon.com? I think she *threatened* to stop writing the buffy books.

She apparently got over it b/c she realized she was in the middle of a shipper war...

Maybe if those reviews had been more slanted towards her bad writing style and her lack of knowledge about the show (really, I still don't understand how someone can be so off base), then she wouldn't be able to claim that the bad reviews are all about her evident dislike of spike.

It seems pretty clear that even a non-shipper would be incensed with her lack of attention to the series.

I'm not sure that this is her, but it seems like it. The best way to show your dislike of her writing is through your pocket books though...if the next book has a spuffy slant (or actually adheres to the series canon) and gets good reviews here, then I'll definitely buy it...AND give it a good review.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think it is really logical that Spike would be her best lover because all of the other guys would treat her like a china doll. With Riley she had to hold back but Spike she didn't have to worry about hurting him with her strength. The same could be said for Angel but knowing all we know about him I don't think he could compare to Spike in bed. Angel would never do the kinky things we know that Buffy enjoyed. He would be disgusted with Buffy wanting to do anything that wasn't missionary sex because he has this ideal image of her being a good girl and all pure.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina
I'm not sure that this is her, but it seems like it. The best way to show your dislike of her writing is through your pocket books though...if the next book has a spuffy slant (or actually adheres to the series canon) and gets good reviews here, then I'll definitely buy it...AND give it a good review.
Very true. I know one of Nancy Holder's last books, Chosen, got really bad reviews and had really bad sales (I think Spark and Burn got bad reviews too), so that was probably her that was 'shocked' about it. But you're definately right - the best way to show distate for her writing is to just not buy the books. But I agree, I'll definately show huge support for Spark and Burn if it actually is pro-spuffy (and not spike bashing) and is written by someone who has actually watched the show (unlike Nancy Holder, apparently)

Old 03-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

does anyone know of any sites that have spike and buffy clips? or anywhere that i can go to get some clips for music videos?

Kat | Tumblr
Old 03-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, the sex thing is also evidence for Buffy/Spike. Slayer's get turned on by fighting and when they hunt, their power is not rooted from something good and pure. It makes absolutely no sense that Buffy would be satisfied with someone who either only wanted missionary sex or would worry about hurting her all the time.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee
I think it is really logical that Spike would be her best lover because all of the other guys would treat her like a china doll. With Riley she had to hold back but Spike she didn't have to worry about hurting him with her strength. The same could be said for Angel but knowing all we know about him I don't think he could compare to Spike in bed. Angel would never do the kinky things we know that Buffy enjoyed. He would be disgusted with Buffy wanting to do anything that wasn't missionary sex because he has this ideal image of her being a good girl and all pure.

Buffy: Your bent.
Spike: And it made you scream didn't it?

Yeah it was pretty damn obvious that Spike was the best lover she ever had.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 03-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzling
Buffy: Your bent.
Spike: And it made you scream didn't it?

Yeah it was pretty damn obvious that Spike was the best lover she ever had
Yep, definately
BTW which dailies was it where someone said "now we know why they call him spike" - that was pretty funny

Closed Thread   Post New Thread