Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hey guys-
Does anyone know if they used a blue Porsche 356 in the show? I bought a car yesterday and the guy said it was used in the show.

Any help appreciated.
The only blue car I remember seeing in BtVS is the one used in the episode The Zeppo (Xander's car). But from the transcript they say it's a blue 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible, so maybe the seller was trying to impress you?

Either way, congrats on that new car, I'm a bit of a Porsche fan myself.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Ace Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Does anyone know where I can find official buffy magazines besides on ebay?
MarieJena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find official buffy magazines besides on ebay?
You should try Amazon and Cinequest. I've bought some Buffy products (including the official magazines) there myself and they're pretty good.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you!!!
MarieJena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
New Fan

Hey, all you show debut memories...

Hey, can ANY of you fans remember back to the time Buffy was aired? Back in 1997....Just think back...

So my question is, can you remember if the first episode aired in the same day & hour with the 2nd episode? Or if the 2nd episode aired a separate day?
Remember now, I'm talking about the very FIRST time Buffy premiered on TV.

Also, a bonus question is: When precisely was the Buffy TV show FIRST announced? (And how did you feel upon hearing that the old movie will now be a TV show?)
artsEntertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

According to Wiki, Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest aired together, on March 10th

Quote:
Also, a bonus question is: When precisely was the Buffy TV show FIRST announced? (And how did you feel upon hearing that the old movie will now be a TV show?)
Sorry I have no idea about this. I was seven years old back then
Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Family's more than DNA

Ok random question that re-watching season 7 has inspired. Buffy died in season 1, which resulted in Kendra (or whatever her name was) being called to become the slayer, she died, & that resulted in Faith being called. Correct? Then when Buffy dies again in season 5 no new slayer is called, correct? Buffy mentions in season 7 to the potentials that if she dies, one of them would be called. But how is that true? If it was, shouldn't there be 3 slayers then? Really the only slayer that The First should have to worry about killing in the right order (so after all the potentials are dead) is Faith. As you would presume that Buffy dying would not make one of the potentials a slayer, since it didn't at the end of season 5. Unless there is a 3rd slayer no one knew about, who wasn't called to the hellmouth when The First started trying to wipe out the line. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, but I'm pretty sure Buffy is wrong in telling the potentials that if she dies one of them would be called?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

You're absolutely right, the new slayer can only be called if Faith dies. Continuity fail Buffy said this in Potential right?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Family's more than DNA

I'm glad I'm not going crazy then . But it is possible that Buffy didn't think of that while she was lecturing the potentials . Something like that yes I can't remember now which episode it was exactly, but I think that it might get addressed again in the final episode but I can't remember . Guess I will find out when I get up to it.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:37 PM
New Fan

Missing scene from series

I think it is fair to say that Buffy liked to test the boundaries. Be it at school, in her training or at home, she was always pushing things. What amazes me is that she always got away with it..bar being grounded occasionally, in which case she either conversed with friends who climbed up to her window or just ignored Joyce. I know that it can be difficult dealing with teenagers, especially ones with unique jobs. However, I feel that a good spanking would have done Buffy the world of good. A fair few shows recently have included spanking (Community, Weeds, and who can forget Secretary), so I don't think it would be that non-mainstream. What do people think? How would you react if it had happened?
mrandrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

^My reaction to that? I would quit watching the show tbh. And I'm guessing Whedon wouldn't write physical punishment in his show. Plus in my opinion Joyce was a bit too strict when it comes to rules anyway, unnecessarily so.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

I can't see why you would think that Buffy liked to test the boundaries or push things outside of being an actual revolutionary and questioning rules that were outdated or harmful.

Joyce only thought Buffy was a troublemaker and JD. The truth was that Buffy is extremely moral and always thinks before she acts except on a few cases of the heart.

The principals showed her Hemery transcripts and police reports to all of her teachers so they had an immediate dislike and mistrust of her. Principle Snyder went out of his way to try to make life hard for her and was eager to find a reason to expell her and when he did he tried to keep her out even when it went against policy. Buffy jumped through hoops to stay in school and in their good graces. He blamed her for defending herself when a boy tried to rape her. He blamed her for stopping a guy from shooting his girlfriend. He never thanked her for saving his life. He didn't even try to hide his disdain.

Either way Buffy really doesn't have to answer to a mother that, because she was seeing 2 dead children, chrophormed her only child and burned her at the stake (she lit the books, Buffy didn't die simply because reinforcements got there in time) and didn't believe her when she said her mom's boyfriend physically threatened her (the food should've made her more complacent not tell Buffy that she was lying and completely take Ted's side until he was gone and she switched back over to being a mom).

Giles sent her out to her possible and very probable death every single day/night. He expected her to handle hours of patrol in the worst parts of a Hellmouth, martial arts, weapons, and other forms of training, researching, verbal patrol reports, and much more while a minor and still having to deal with prophetic dreams, household chores, class, homework, mandatory extracurricular activities, etc.
Reply   Post New Thread