Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Funny to imagine Giles as a teen
Old 02-14-2018, 05:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Covers and solicitation for Buffy S11 #4.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...overs-giles-4/

Exclusive First Look at Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4

Posted by Dan Wickline February 13, 2018

Dark Horse has sent us an exclusive first look at the cover and variant cover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4, the final issue of the miniseries written by Joss Whedon and Erika Alexander with art by Jon Lam. The cover is by Steve Morris while the variant is by Arielle Jovellanos.

The series has the de-aged Giles enrolling in a public school to investigate why teachers are mysteriously disappearing. Harkening back to the series original roots as a show set in a high school, Giles explores a very different school system from what he was used to at Sunnydale High. And while there he has discovered a mysterious girl named Roux and a demon under the school… definitely public school. Final issue of the miniseries.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4 (of 4)

Joss Whedon (W), Erika Alexander (W), Jon Lam (A), Dan Jackson (C), Steve Morris (Cover), Arielle Jovellanos (Variant cover)

On sale May 16 FC, 32 pages $3.99 Miniseries

Teen-aged Rupert Giles made his return to high school and in the process uncovered a demon underneath the school, and a very-attractive-yet-mysterious girl, Roux. As he prepares for the final showdown with the demon, Giles is troubled by revelations about Roux, and her extracurricular activities that aren’t the most savory.

. .
Old 02-14-2018, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy Season 12 Announced.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...n-gage-jeanty/

EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon Returns to Buffy for Dark Horse’s Season 12

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is back for Season 12 with a four-issue miniseries from Joss Whedon, Christos Gage and Georges Jeanty

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is back for a twelfth season, and so is creator Joss Whedon.

Dubbed Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning, Dark Horse Comics’ latest Buffyverse series will be co-written by Whedon and longtime Buffy writer Christos Gage, while Georges Jeanty returns to illustrate the characters’ adventures once again. This will be Whedon’s first time tackling a specific arc since 2011’s Buffy: Season Nine, while Gage previously worked on Buffy: Season 11; Jeanty’s last fulltime Buffy gig was on Season 8.

Picking up after the world-altering finale from Buffy Season 11, the series’ synopsis indicates that the Scooby Gang have had an uncharacteristically laid back year away from fighting the forces of evil. However, when Xander and Dawn’s housewarming is gatecrashed by some familiar faces, Buffy and her crew will reach for their stakes once again. Forced to battle with a legion of demons, Wolfram Hart and a vampire from the future called Harth, Buffy will apparently find herself trapped in a time warp that could end the Slayers forever.

With alternate futures clearly playing a big part, The Reckoning will once again bring back future Slayer Fray, who first appeared in 2001’s self-titled spin-off. The Reckoning will see the return of Faith and Angel, as well as fan-favorite Illyria, though whether they help or hinder the cause remains to be seen.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 goes on sale on June 20 and will be available with three variant covers from artists Stephanie Hans, Georges Jeanty with Karl Story and Dan Jackson, and Karl Moline, which you can see for yourself in the gallery below.

The first issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning will be able to pre-order from comic book shops in March.

Here's the link to the slidshow of all three covers.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...nty/#gallery=1

1)Season 12 is a four issue miniseries that launches in June(June 20th)
2)Joss is co-writing with Christos Gage.Georges Jeanty is on art.
3)Wolfram & Hart and Harth from Fray are the big bads
4)Angel,Faith,Illyria and Fray are all involved.

ETA

I think the baby is Xander and Dawn's.

ETA 2

Dark Horse just confirmed.Season 12 is the final season of Buffy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarkHorse...94443505913856

Diana Diana
@DMN1984
1h
Replying to @CBR @Christosgage and 3 others

Exciting news! There seems to have been indications in the initial publication that this would be a “4 issue mini.” Can @Christosgage @CBR @DarkHorseComics confirm if that was a typo and if so how many issues we can anticipate? Thanks!
View conversation ·

Christos Gage Christos Gage
@Christosgage
30m
Replying to @DMN1984 @CBR @DarkHorseComics

That's for Dark Horse to respond to, I don't know what I can say and what I can't!

View conversation

Dark Horse Comics Dark Horse Comics
@DarkHorseComics
27m
Replying to @Christosgage @DMN1984 @CBR

Four issues currently planned!
View conversation ·

Nicolás Briozzo
@Nico_Briozzo
25m

Replying to @DarkHorseComics @Christosgage and 2 others

Why so few?? ������������������������

View conversation ·

Dark Horse Comics
Dark Horse Comics
@DarkHorseComics Replying to @Nico_Briozzo @Christosgage and 2 others

We'll issue our own announcement soon, but in short, this is planned to be the finale season. We plan to do more Buffy adventures in the future, but this is the last in the "season" structure.

11:29 AM - 21 Feb 2018

They may do more Buffy comics in the future(I expect limited series stuff like The High School Years for example) but this is the last season.

ETA 3

Another tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarkHorse...6328416257?p=v

Dark Horse Comics Dark Horse Comics
@DarkHorseComics
16m

Replying to @DMN1984 @Nico_Briozzo and 2 others

Angel and Faith are coming back into the Buffy story with this season, which is the last "season" structure for these comics, yes. More to come when we have details to share.

View conversation ·

Last edited by comic fan; 02-21-2018 at 01:13 PM
Old 02-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

A tweet from Christos Gage about Connor and Gunn showing up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...9888780288?p=v

Editor's Note Comics Editor's Note Comics
@EdsNoteComics
38m
Replying to @Christosgage

@Christosgage since this looks the end, I'll petition for Gunn and Connor to come back.

View conversation

Christos Gage
Christos Gage
@Christosgage Replying to @EdsNoteComics

Appreciate the sentiment, but the four issues are SUPER packed as it is, so don't get your hopes up...though I won't close the door completely. (Still writing.)

12:16 PM - 21 Feb 2018

Here are the other two covers brought over from Bleeding Cool News

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...ason-12-comic/

A couple of more tweets form Gage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosgage?p=s

Aaron Morris Aaron Morris
@aarmor212
1h
Replying to @CBR @joss and 3 others

Best. News. Wondering if we'll get more of an indication why Willow went Dark in the future with the return of Harth and Fray?
View conversation ·

Christos Gage
Christos Gage
@Christosgage Replying to @aarmor212 @CBR @DarkHorseComics

Yes, that will be explained. Or as Joss puts it, "Why was [future] Willow so sad?"

2:54 PM - 21 Feb 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...1483372544?p=v

Dan D Vale Dan D Vale
@dano_roma
3h

Replying to @Christosgage @EdsNoteComics

At least a mention for his son and one of his closest friends seems right. Rather they not be forgotten like it seemed during the whole Twilight thing.

View conversation ·

Christos Gage
Christos Gage
@Christosgage Replying to @dano_roma @EdsNoteComics

They're in my mind, and Angel's too. Remains to be seen if they are directly mentioned, but I will try!

2:56 PM - 21 Feb 2018

ETA

Another comment from Gage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...0263864320?p=v

James Marsters News➕
@jamie_marsters
44m

With 'alternate futures' playing a big part in the #Buffy comics final season 12, what alternate futures would you like to see? Personally, I'm hoping to see #Spuffy AND #Bangel fans get their happy endings! @joss @Christosgage @KabaLounge @BuffyTVS pic.twitter.com/10fXotHShV

View photo ·

Christina L. Christina L.
@Pnksno20
40m
Replying to @jamie_marsters @joss and 3 others

I want #Spuffy to have a happy ending, but if both fandoms can somehow have a nice ending that would be awesome.

View conversation ·

Christos Gage
@Christosgage Replying to @Pnksno20 @jamie_marsters and 3 others

Lots of polyamory fans out there...hey, anything could happen!

5:30 PM - 21 Feb 2018

Last edited by comic fan; 02-21-2018 at 07:10 PM
Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh man, that makes me a bit sad.
Some time ago i was wondering when we will hear something.
i feared that it would end.

Really sad since i think season 10 and 11 have found a good ground to work.
I hope that we will still get Buffy related comics down the line, would be a shame if not.

Could this all have to do with Disney buying 20th century fox? I dont even know where the Buffy License even is, somehow i think about 20th century fox...dont know why.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 02-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. This makes me sad, too.

The idea of potential AU endings is interesting.... idk, I’ll have to see how they end it before I can decide if I’m okay with it or not
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf (View Post)
Oh man, that makes me a bit sad.
Some time ago i was wondering when we will hear something.
i feared that it would end.

Really sad since i think season 10 and 11 have found a good ground to work.
I hope that we will still get Buffy related comics down the line, would be a shame if not.
Dark Horse says they still plan to do occasional Buffyverse comics.It may be things like The hHgh School years or spin-offs.It depends on what happens in season 12.

Season 12 does seem to be the big battle fortold in the Fray miniseries all those years ago.

The one variant cover for S12 issue 1 even has the same exact demons on it

Quote:
Could this all have to do with Disney buying 20th century fox? I dont even know where the Buffy License even is, somehow i think about 20th century fox...dont know why.
I've seen some speculation about that.But honestly,I think it's more Joss is ready to tell this story.

Former Buffy editior Scott Allie revealed in a Slayalive Q/A almost six years ago now during the start of the second year of season 9(season 9 was 25 issues each for both BTVS and A & F) that he and Joss had begun talking about giving Buffy a definitive end for her story.It was still a long way off though at that time(which it was.Again,this was almost six years ago).It seems Season 12 is that ending.

And that Fray tease that Joss wrote was from the Fray miniseries which ran from 2001-2003(it was 8 issues but suffered lots of release delays on certain issues hence wy it didn't conclude until 2003).So Joss wrote that tease when the shows were still on the air.This has must of been in his head for a long while.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Another Dark Horse tweet.

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/...41985095712769

Dark Horse Comics‏Verified account
@DarkHorseComics

Follow Follow @DarkHorseComics

ICYMI: We can now announce Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning, beginning this June! The final season, but not the final adventures of Buffy & the Scoobies, never fear. DETAILS: http://bit.ly/buffysn12
Variant cover art: Kevin Moline

More from Dark Horse on twitter about Buffyverse comcis post season 12.

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/...59347236712448

Dark Horse Comics‏Verified account
@DarkHorseComics

Follow Follow @DarkHorseComics

Replying to @timheyltjes @HandlerLyon

There have been many miniseries that are Buffy canon but not strictly in the season format, such as the Willow and Spike spinoffs. Further comics will be more along these lines, still canon, and yes, Joss will continue to be involved in all Buffy comics.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Fan

An early version of Stephanie Hans Buffy S12 # 1 cover.

https://twitter.com/HansStephanie/st...90097984425984
Old 03-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Fan

The cover for the second season 10 HC Edtions

The Season 10 Thread 2 - Discussion, Speculation and News - Page 53

Old 03-07-2018, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview Pages for Buffy S11 Giles # 2.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-giles-2/

EXCLUSIVE: Giles #2 (Preview)

Joss Whedon! Erika Alexander!

High school life is a rough go for Rupert Giles**-as if being a grown man living inside a teenage body wasn’t hard enough. Crushing on each other, Giles and his mysterious new friend, Roux, navigate around the bullies in the hallways while they investigate the school-wide threat and missing staff and students–which they are certain is connected to some kind of demon . . .

Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Fan

A New Christos Gage tweet about Season 12.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...0014124032?p=v

HandlerLyon
@HandlerLyon

@Christosgage As it's the last season of Buffy, do you or @joss have intentions or concerns about satisfying shippers?

@Christosgage
42m

Replying to @HandlerLyon @joss

No, when you start writing to please anyone as opposed to what you think the best story is, it never produces good material.

ETA

Another tweet from Gage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...0014124032?p=v

Bonna Bonna
@bonnaleah
1h

Replying to @Christosgage @HandlerLyon @joss

That's pretty funny considering all the spuffy pandering.

View conversation

@Christosgage
19m

Replying to @bonnaleah @HandlerLyon

What you see as pandering, the people making it thought made for the best story. Not saying that means it's "right" or "best" or whatever. You're free to feel it's bad. But writing just to please anyone - fans, the network, your Mom - never works out well.

View conversation
·

ETA 2

More from Gage

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...7443190784?p=v

cheryl cheryl
@scittycat
9m

I have been a huge fan of yours since Angel but the direction of Buffy without her Angel is wrong. Goes against the series.

View conversation

Christos Gage
Christos Gage
@Christosgage Replying to @scittycat

Your support is appreciated! We're all just trying to tell the best stories we can. I was recently talking with Joss about how much I love "I Will Remember You." I love Buffy/Angel stories, I love Buffy/Spike stories, I love Buffy her own badass self stories.

10:21 AM - 18 Mar 2018
·

cheryl cheryl
@scittycat
23s

yep, there's no one like Buffy and there's also nothing like B/A, it's kept us here for YEARS. YW, you were brilliant on Angel

View conversation ·

Last edited by comic fan; 03-18-2018 at 10:31 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread