Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Big Screen Buffy VS Little Screen Buffy

Here you can find a board who compare both slayers (the site doesn't allow dorect link)
Direct link
So, what do you think of this comparison ?

PS : hey, what does Taster's Choice man means ? is that bad or good for Anthony Stewart Head ??? Why didn't they put his name ???

And what do you think of Kristy Sawnson ? (the former Buffy movie).

Here's the link for Kristy pics 2004... She has kinda changed...
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

The BTVS movie was crap and Swanson was lame in the role, nothing on SMG's fierce, strong and deeply human Buffy.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I look at the movie and the show as two different entities.

I love the movie and it reminds me of being young and trying to memorize the cheer with some friends. It was fun.

And I love the show because it's deeper and I connected to it on a much more adult level. And the show also has it's fun moments.

Something we have to think about in regards to this movie is on what a short time budget it was filmed and how little control Joss had over it. Also, a difference between movies and television shows in general is that with television you have much more time to develop a character. And you can love a plot line in a movie, but it's harder to connect to a character. And a connection to a character is stronger than a connection to a plot.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the movie alot but nothing compares to the show for me.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:32 AM
New Fan

i thought kristy was perfect for the movie, and luke for his part, same with smg and DB in the series. also, i loved the movie, but it can't beat the show. both slayers kick butt!
frozenembryos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Re: Big Screen Buffy VS Little Screen Buffy

Sorry to ask again, but what does Taster's Choice man means ? is that bad or good for Anthony Stewart Head ??? Why didn't they put his name on the comparison board ??? (the link is on the first post)
Old 09-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Re: Re: Big Screen Buffy VS Little Screen Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia
Sorry to ask again, but what does Taster's Choice man means ? is that bad or good for Anthony Stewart Head ??? Why didn't they put his name on the comparison board ??? (the link is on the first post)
It refers to adverts he used to do for Taster's Choice coffe.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Addicted Fan

The BTVS movie was funny yet dumb. It had no serious aspects to it at all. Joss was not at all pleased with the final product. He had very little control of what happened in the movie. It was supposed to be like the show....a movie that was serious yet funny too, but they just made it into one big slap-stick comedy. The show which is Joss' baby through and through has both dramatic and humorous elements with a cast that can play those parts well. Sawnson while okay as the Buffy for the movie would have been a horrid choice for the Buffy in the TV show because I don't think she would have been able to convincingly pull off the dramatic elements that came with the TV character. She also would have been too old for the part. She was actually, IMHO, already too old in the movie version, but that's neither here nor there.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Re: Re: Re: Big Screen Buffy VS Little Screen Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
It refers to adverts he used to do for Taster's Choice coffe.
Thanks a lot ! I've seen the commercial few weeks ago on a ASH site but I didn't make the "mental link"...

Well, so... The comparison is not very good for ash : cause that means Sutherland vs "commercial anonymous man"...
Old 09-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gold blend Nescafe

Ew... she looks so.... weird (Kristy)
Old 09-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I did watch both the movie and TV version of Buffy and while I did like the movie, the television show was better. The show dealt with the characters indept which could not have been possible with the movie. And I agree that it was probably better to have someone else play Buffy on the show instead of Kristy Swanson.

BTW, can you imagine Charisma Carpenter as Buffy? I read that she went for the part.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Loyal Fan

She did. I think Bianca Lawson also tried for Buffy and got the role of Cordelia, but turned it down.

There are so many shows/movies whose leads that are played perfectly were originally offered to other people or other more popular people tried them. *sigh* I love imdb.com.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember seeing the movie because I loved Luke Perry So much. 90210 was my first TV obsession. I liked the movie but it wasn't anything very memorable. The show and movie are really different; you can't take the movie seriously. It was a comedy and I liked Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry in the roles. I can't see Kristy Swanson as Buffy for the TV show because I think the Buffy in the movie and the show are very different. For some reason when I watch the movie now I see Spike as the Pike character.

I almost got to meet Luke Perry last year. He was supposed to at Dragoncon with JM but he had to cancel at the last minute. I was So disappointed.

Anyway I do find that anytime the movie is on tv I have to watch it. It's really funny to see Hilary Swank acting So dumb.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Bee
I remember seeing the movie because I loved Luke Perry So much. 90210 was my first TV obsession. I liked the movie but it wasn't anything very memorable. The show and movie are really different; you can't take the movie seriously. It was a comedy and I liked Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry in the roles. I can't see Kristy Swanson as Buffy for the TV show because I think the Buffy in the movie and the show are very different. For some reason when I watch the movie now I see Spike as the Pike character.

ITA! the movie and the show were quite different.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread