Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Angel Comics - Season 6 Thread #5

Time for a new comics thread! Thanks comic_fan for keeping us up to date!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Georges Jeanty tweets about finishing a Drusilla cover.

https://twitter.com/#!/KabaLounge

Georges Jeanty@KabaLoungeReply

Just saw the inks on the Drusilla cover. Looking good. Can't wait for you guys to see it!

So should we take this to mean that Dru will be showing up in Buffy's book after the upcoming Angel & Faith arc?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Georges Jeanty made another tweet today.

https://twitter.com/#!/KabaLounge/st...09580888760320

@KabaLoungeGeorges Jeanty

@SlayAliveForum yes. There will be several covers with Drusilla. They're looking good so far.
3 hours ago via HTC Peep

Sounds like Dru will definitely be involved in a arc on Buffy after Angel & Faith.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 9 #5

Writer: Andrew Chambliss
Artist: Karl Moline (Pencils) Andy Owens (inks)
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics
Reviewer: Henry Higgins is My Homeboy

Adult Problems…

I love BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER; I found it in high school, and while my passion for the series has been cooled slightly by age, it's still one of the television series that I'll occasionally do a run of. After the bombastic opening to the new Buffy run, Chambliss and Moline take a step back and take time to look at the new status quo. And while it's well done, it brings natural comparisons to things such as "Restless", which are still slightly stronger.

Writing: (3/5) This issue reads as the new status quo, setting up numerous storylines to follow up on. To communicate these beats, Chambliss takes the typical Buffy route of the dream state. And there in lies the problem: for a universe that utilized the prophetic dream so well in the past, I found this one lacking. The dream is a little obvious, and its message is clear from the onset if you're paying attention. It's an unusually inconsistent dream, and it's slightly dull. While featuring the return of a character from earlier in the series is a nice touch, the dream itself is never that impressive. It does hint at the disappearance of Willow, which could go either way in terms of interest, but it leaves too much open.

Something that has to be said for Chambliss, though, is he knows how to write these characters; Buffy and Willow sounds perfect, and they're featured primarily through the issue. The two have their familiar banter down, and rarely has the conversation in these stories sounded so like the original show. The scenes with them just talking reads brilliantly.

Art: (4/5) This series has always had good art, and Moline is definitely a good choice for the run. The opening scene, which features a barrage of vampires advancing on Buffy, Xander, and Dawn, is utterly fantastic looking. It moves well, and flows just as an action scene should. The quieter scenes between Buffy and Willow are well done as well, resembling their original actresses while remaining colourful and unique. If there're any problems, it's some of the inconsistencies that stand out. Sometimes, the faces just seem weird and out of place. But for the most part, it's a solid issue, art wise.

Best Moment: The opening fight scene.

Worst Moment: The dream leaves the reader disappointed.

Overall: (3/5) A solid issue, if disappointing just because one sees "Buffy vision time" and expects more.

Preview Pages For Buffy S9 # 6,"On Your Own Part I of II."

Preview: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #6 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL PREVIEW: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9" #6

Courtesy of Dark Horse, CBR presents an exclusive preview of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9" #6, by Andrew Chambliss and Georges Jeanty and new cover artist Phil Noto.

The uptick in the zompire population has the SFPD on Buffy’s trail again—but this time, they need her assistance. However, Detective Dowling must settle for a little help from the bleached-blond vampire Spike, as Buffy has become distracted by a rather personal problem that will lead her to Robin Wood.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Some New tweets from Christos Gage.

Twitter

@Christosgage H'much did Alasdair know about Angel? That he's a vampire and Twilight and killed Giles? The "sorry for your loss" was weird.
18 Jan via web

ChristosgageChristos Gage

@ordinarycollege I think the fact that Angel was Twilight and killed Giles has kind of spread through the supernatural community.
18 Jan

@ordinarycollegeAlexander Brownie

@Christosgage So the "I'm sorry for your loss". Was he not letting on that he knew Angel killed Giles, or just being really understanding?
18 Jan via web

@ordinarycollege He doesn't hold Angel responsible, due to knowing a lot about magic & how powerful the Twilight entity was.
18 Jan

@ordinarycollege There are a wide variety of feelings about Angel/Twilight in the supernatural community, BTW...Alasdair represents just 1.
18 Jan
Old 01-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Second Angel & Faith # 6 advanced review.Spoilerish

Comic Review: Angel & Faith – Daddy Issues Part 1 | Toonari Post - A News Mash Up!

Comic Review: Angel & Faith – Daddy Issues Part 1

WARNING: This content contains spoilers.]

The life of a parent is never easy with children running amok, killing every which way and surviving murder attempts. The Angel and Faith series has always featured the paranormal, world-saving duo of Angel and Faith Lehane. In ‘Angel and Faith: Daddy Issues, Part One’, the concept of fatherhood is exemplified through the relationships that Angel and Faith experience. The challenges that a father must face to teach his children life lessons will come back to haunt Angel in the most challenging of ways.

The storyline was created by Christos Gage while Joss Whedon famously handles executive producing duties. The artwork is, as always, excellently done by Rebekah Isaacs. It is her artwork that is prevalent throughout much of the Angel and Faith Series. With colors by Dan Jackson and letters by Richard Starkings as well as Jimmy Betancourt of Comicraft, this Angel and Faith release is as good as expected in a series that is gaining serious momentum. Steve Morris was responsible for the cover, while Rebekah Isaacs handled the variant cover.

Faith Lehane has always been the most rebellious Slayer of any that have come before her in the series. Thus far, she has stuck by loyally with Angel as they try to bring Giles back from the dead. Her sharp wit and impulsive nature make her quick to anger and practical to a fault. Yet, there is another emerging side to her character not often exhibited and, therefore, makes the character of Faith that much more complex.

In Angel and Faith #6, Faith takes on the role of mentor for a younger group of Slayers, giving them the benefit of Faith’s experience. This is a decidedly different role for the normally taciturn Slayer as she reminds one young and passionate slayer that sometimes a crazy guy is just a crazy guy and not a Vampire. She flashes back to her early Slayer days when Buffy failed to prevent Faith from staking a human she mistook for a Vampire.

There is often a warring argument inside the mind of a parent, one between protecting their children and preparing them for the real world as they grow up. Rupert Giles experiences his father’s choices in a very specific way when he and a young group of Watcher Trainees are sent out on a mission to take down what was reported to be a single vampire. A Watcher is not strictly a hunter of Vampires by definition, but is instead a trainer of Vampire Slayers. However, the resulting chaos and bloodshed put a young Rupert Giles at odds with his own father and the Watcher’s Council.

The recounting of Rupert Giles’ experience with his father and the Lorophage Demon leads to several other startling discoveries by Angel, as the Vampire with a soul reads through Giles’ journal. The city of London has never been a favorite of Angel’s because the memories of the horrors he committed still linger in his mind today. His search to bring Giles back continues as the Watchers’ journal guides him like a compass on his path to redemption. In this way, Angel has a mentor, or father figure, in Giles even while trying to bring the man back to life. The lessons and information in Giles’ journal have been instrumental to the storyline of Angel and Faith thus far.

Yet, what issue about fatherhood would be complete without a personal blood relation to both Angel and Faith themselves. The surprise inclusion of Faith’s father, on his search to find his daughter, is sure to spark the interest of fans. The possibilities of what the inclusion of Faith’s biological father can mean for the series is overshadowed only by the inclusion of Angel’s daughter, Druscilla. Fans of the Buffy universe will remember that Druscilla is the not quite sane Vampire sired by Angel for the purpose of specifically torturing a pure and innocent girl into decadent insanity.

The fear is palpable as it rips through Angel when he finds out that following Giles’s journal to hunt a demon leads him on a path to reuniting with Druscilla. There are questions that plague fans regarding Druscilla; most mainly wonder if this insane Vampire seductress is actually insane or a masterful actress. No one really knows and in a series like Angel and Faith, knowledge is power.

The sixth issue of Angel and Faith is out for pre-order now and will hit local store shelves near the end of January. This issue is filled with surprise guests as well as the usual variety of violence and mayhem. The story seems to be gearing up for a big showdown as Angel and Faith continue to try and save Giles in a world without magic. How will Giles continue to affect Angel and Faith? How will Druscilla and Faith’s father factor into the story? All of them are good questions that will hopefully be answered in the next issue of Angel and Faith.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm liking this Angel and Faith series more and more.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Two More Angel & Faith # 6 reviews.Spoilerish.

Angel and Faith #6 Comic Review | Fandomania

Angel and Faith #6 Comic Review

Posted by Kimberly Lynn Workman

Issue: Angel and Faith #6
Release Date: January 2012
Writer: Christos Gage
Art: Rebekah Isaacs
Colors: Dan Jackson
Letters: Richard Starkings and COMICRAFT’S Jimmy Betancourt
Cover: Steve Morris
Alternate Cover: Rebekah Isaacs and Dan Jackson
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics

Flashbacks to young Giles, a mysterious vampire using mind control, and a few long-lost relatives coming out of the woodwork. It’s an exciting time in the new issue of Angel and Faith. Going by the cover, I was expecting this to be a Ripper issue or maybe Angel raising a younger version of Giles from the dead. That wasn’t quite what transpired, but I can’t say I’m disappointed because the twist ending made up for everything. Things just got more interesting.

Starting off with a Douglas Adams shout-out and going right into a mention of Ray Davies and Rod Stewart was a bit tiresome. I mean, we get it. Highgate is where the famous hang out, dead or alive, so I didn’t see the need to go name-dropping. But, thankfully, it was over quickly so we could get to the exciting bit of the scene — ritual mass murder. Yes, it seems that someone is making people crazy, as evidenced by not only this bloody scene, but also the averted non-vampire attack that Faith had to help break up. It seems the new “it” vampire, Mother Superior, is behind it all. Find the leader, you’ll stop the crazy. At least, that’s what they’re hoping.

I liked the flashbacks we got with young Giles in 1972. At first I thought it was the beginning of the Ripper days, as Philip was in the group, but that wasn’t the one that raised Eyghon it seems. However, we did get a chance to see Giles and his Daddy issues play out explosively. I understand where he’s coming from. He didn’t ask to be a Watcher, it was thrust upon him at an early age as his destiny. Watchers and Slayers, I guess neither can escape what they’re meant to do. But I do hope we get some glimpses at Giles’s Ripper days. I enjoyed that bit of his history the most.

Back to the present, we’ve got two issues to deal with. Number one, there’s a guy sniffing around the pub for information on Faith’s whereabouts. At first I thought it was a bad guy, meant to take her out, but it seems that it’s her father just wanting to reconnect with his little girl. I wonder how that meeting will go, when he finally catches up with Faith. But we can’t worry about that at the moment because there’s a bigger twist to deal with. Faith and Angel do indeed track down Mother Superior and it’s someone we all know well. Drusilla, in her most glorious form, is back in the game. But unlike before, when she was not in her right mind, she’s sane again. That means she’s tremendously dangerous. I cannot wait to see the blood running in the streets as a result of this. We are in for a wild ride now!

Rating: 4 / 5 Stars

Dru's sane?Hmm,I now do wonder if we might get a nod to the IDW Spike miniseries and Dru being left at MOSAIC?Could MOSAIC have cured her of her insanity?

Oedipus, Elektra Got Nothing on Angel and Faith � Horror Haven Reviews

Oedipus, Elektra Got Nothing on Angel and Faith

Review by Shaun Daniels and Edited by Sharon Wong

Angel & Faith #6 Written by Christos Gage, Art by Rebekah Isaacs, Colors by Dan Jackson, Covers by Steve Morris & Rebekah Isaacs and Published by Dark Horse Comics

Just about every family has a black sheep so it’s probably safe to say that Faith is the black sheep in her family even though we’ve never seen her family…that is to say until now. After a 2011 New York Comic Con teaser by writer Christos Gage and artist Rebekah Isaacs, we finally get to meet Faith’s family in the form of her father. The aptly titled arc, “Daddy Issues,” is more than just a reunion of Faith and her dear old dad but an examination of all of the characters in Angel and Faith, alive, dead or undead, and their relationships with their dads/father figures.

Angel, in London’s Highgate area, normally known for its ritzy inhabitants, is in the middle of an investigation that mirrors one from the past. That investigation was conducted by none other than Giles, the man Angel wants to resurrect. It centered around a group of teenage Watchers-in-training, led by the Watcher himself, who were expecting a vampire but instead were slaughtered at the hands of a lesser known demon who drinks juices from its victims’ heads. Giles, the lone survivor of the incident, didn’t take too kindly to his father, whom he feels fed him and his students to the lions. Angel and Faith find themselves currently investigating what may be the same demon, which also hibernates for decades at a time. With magic being of short supply and clues starting to add up, it appears that this normally solitary demon might be working for someone, or rather something, influencing the demon. Mother Superior, the mysterious vampire figure that seems able to influence vampires and humans alike, becomes a person of interest. Angel and Faith set out to confront Mother Superior, who turns out to be no stranger to Angel and may have her own daddy issue with him. [SEMI-SPOILER ALERT!] The issue ends with a couple of Slayers in a bar being asked questions by a man claiming to be Faith’s dad.

Gage is layering this issue with the dynamics of father figure relationships even though the only one explored in this story is that of Giles and his father from the ‘70s. This tumultuous relationship between a young Giles and elder Rupert will undoubtedly be the vehicle for the exploration of the relationships in this arc. With this start, it looks as if Gage will be juxtaposing Giles and his father against Faith and her dad, Angel and his sires, and finally, to that of Giles and Faith. The writer also shows his mastery of the writing craft with the way he uses the flashback of Giles and the young Watchers (we call dibs on writing that spin-off). Instead of dumping the flashback in the story, he throws in dialogue about Angel reading Giles’ journal with that little bit of dialogue justifying the presence of the flashback and not just being a McGuffin.

Isaacs definitely stepped up her art in this issue. By no means has her artwork on the opening story arc been anything than her best, but her two-issue break from the book seems to have given her time to recharge. As always, Isaacs continues to capture the essences of the characters without making them look like carbon copies of the actors who played them on the TV show. The standout scene is in the opening where a doctor/nurse performed unnecessary surgeries on unwitting patients at a senior housing complex.

Put aside your own daddy issues for this book. After all, your problems probably don’t compare to the crazy **** these characters have put each other through.

From Jane Espensons's twitter.

Twitter

befo@befo13 22 Jan 12
@JaneEspenson Are you still writing Buffy? Please say yes, I beg, heart in my throat and stomach in my trousers. Wait...ew.

Jane Espenson@JaneEspenson @befo13 yep.
Working on a Buffy comic.
22 Jan 12

Back in the summer,Scott Allie confirmed that Jane And Drew were teaming up around the middle of season 9 for a arc focusing on this gay male character.As hard as it is to believe but we are now going into issue 6 of both series(tomorrow for Angel & Faith and two weeks for Buffy)which means we'll be six months/the first quarter of the way into season 9.And the creative team is probably about five or six issues ahead of us as far as writing and penciling the issues.I think last week Chris Gage mentioned he was in the middle of writing issue 11 for example.So the creative team should be at or nearing the mid point of the season.So it sounds like Jane Espenson & Drew Greenberg could be starting on their issues.

ETA

5th Advanced review for Angel & Faith # 6.

ADVANCED "Angel & Faith" #6 Review: Fathers & Daughters - Whedonopolis

ADVANCED "Angel & Faith" #6 Review: Fathers & Daughters

The second arc of Dark Horse’s Angel & Faith series starts this week with Issue #6, written by Christos Gage and with art by Rebekah Isaacs, and your friendly, neighborhood Comic Book Slayer has an advance review for his Scooby gang! I’m proud to report that both Gage and Isaacs are at full force in this issue, as the Angel & Faith series continues to jockey with Buffy: Season 9 for the title of best Whedon comic of 2012!

SPOILERS BELOW

The Good

Rupert Giles scores ten points for Gryffindor! I won’t spoil too much, but we get a fantastic flashback scene in this issue that takes place during the ‘70s, when a young Rupert Giles was enlisted in the Watcher’s Academy. While it’s always enjoyable to see Giles reappear in the comics, Gage crafts a particularly engaging scene that fits amazingly well into the known Buffy/Angel canon. This one little flashback is so perfect, it left me wondering...where the hell is my Watcher’s Academy TV show, Joss? It’s this ability to seamlessly blend the comic world of Angel & Faith with the TV series we know and love that makes Christos Gage my personal hero.

Familiar faces for Angel & Faith. I can’t really say much here, but I will say that if you dig hard enough through that internet thing out there, you should be able to come up with the identities of the special surprise guests in this issue. There are two of them, just so we’re clear! (Pssst! They’re on the variant covers!)

The Bad

Angel reads Douglas Adams? Really? Every now and then, a bit of dialogue that Gage writes for Angel doesn’t feel right to me. In Issue #5, it was the Raymond Chandler reference that had Angel reminiscing about how much he liked to play detective, with beautiful woman walking through his door. In this issue, it’s Angel’s confession about his love for The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Does this really seem like something Angel would pick up? I know he has had some oddball passions (Manilow’s “Mandy!”), but this just seems too geeky for the Angel I know.

Angel & Faith #6 is a must-buy, Scoobies, and it’s out in comic book shops on Wednesday! Don’t miss it!

’Till the end of the world,
-Bryant the Comic Book Slayer

Last edited by comic fan; 01-24-2012 at 03:48 PM
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Zianna's full summery for Angel & Faith # 6.

Spoilers Angel and Faith #6: "Daddy Issues" Pt 1 - News, Reviews and Discussion - Page 3

Here's the summary.

The issue begins with Angel in Highgate Cemetery. Douglas Adams is buried there and Angel has come to pay his respects. He had found :The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" in a dumpster back in the 80's which had helped him from committing suicide back then. But something else was there as well, Angel can smell the blood, but unfortunately it's gone now. And the blood trail leads him to an area called Holly Lodge Estate where elderly people live in public housing.

A policeman stops Angel wanting to know what he wants there and Angel says he wants to visit a friend. They go inside together while the policeman informs Angel that nothing usually happens or has happened lately, but as they open the door of an apartment the stench is unbearable. So they find a man who has killed at least 3 elderly people, standing on top of them saying that they had the disease but now he has cut it out. And then he tries to help Angel and the policeman too by trying to kill them. Angel fights back and knocks him unconscious. The policeman impressed by his fighting skills then tells him to step back since it's a murder scene and asks him if he knows any of the dead. But Angel says no because he doesn't think the one he's looking for has been there for a while.

So then we go back to a flashback from the 70s. Again in the Highgate Cemetery. Young Giles together with 4 other young people, all wannabe watchers, are training. They seem eager to complete the task and kill a vampire and Giles is the only one that wants to be careful about it. Only a girl seems to agree with Giles and his tactics, but before they finish talking on how they should look for the vampire and how to kill it, the vampire appears in front of them. But Giles realizes there is something wrong with that vampire and before he has the time to talk to the others, one of the boys named Philip attacks the vampire. But it's not a vampire, nor a man, and Giles' instincts were right. It's a Lorophage demon, much much stronger than vampires, which uses its proboscis and needle-like fingers to draw any sustenance from the minds of his victims. It's a fatal process. Basically the creature feeds on its victims traumatic experiences. And those wannabe young watchers have plenty of those. Traumatic experiences from being locked up in rooms with starving vampires or from peering into hell dimensions as part of their training. And the demon kills all the young watchers one by one, reaching up to Giles at the end. And Giles feels the process, he starts remembering all his traumatic experiences including the very last one which was watching just some seconds ago one of the young watchers, a girl, getting killed by the demon, a girl that he had never found the courage to ask her out. And now Giles is gonna die, first go utterly mad and then die. But just before his end, 2 older watchers come and attack the demon and save Giles' life. They've been watching the young ones by distance evaluating them, only a few seconds behind them, which were enough for the demon to slaughter the young ones. One of them is Giles' father and even they are no match for the demon. But the demon had already fed itself and it was sated so it run away from them. And that was the day that Giles' innocence was perished.

Next we find out that Giles' relationship with his father was very tense only to be made even worse by the events of that night. Giles blames his father and calls him a murderer, telling him that he had sent them to their death. His father says that it was a tragic event that the Council's intelligence was faulty about. Giles tells him that they weren't ready for it but his father replies that nobody is ever really ready for that job and that the specter of death is part of the life that they were chosen for. And we find out that Giles basically never really chose to become a watcher, that life was chosen for him at the age of 10 when he was asked to start studying horror and death together with latin and geometry. But the father insists, the supernatural road is their heritage, their destiny and they must serve it. But young Giles has already made up his mind and he decides to run away from all of that and follow his own path. But unfortunately he was hardly done with magic and death, but those events will be recount in due course.

The issue continues with Faith. She's in downtown London together with 2 other slayers who are fighting a vampire while Faith takes care of a girl that has been biten by the vampire. She'll be alright, the bite wasn't deep. At the meantime Nadira is ready to dust the vampire, but right before, Faith grabs her hand and stops her telling her to take a better look. He is not a vampire, but he is human, and Nadira almost killed him. The man says that we wanted to be sired and he asked for it, but since this is against the rules she didn't sired him so he decided to sire himself (LOL!) and took a bite on her. Faith tells the girls to call the police and an ambulance. Nadira feels so guilty that she had almost become a murderer, only to feel even worst by saying that in front of Faith who has already been there, done that. But Faith knows that the only reason that she saw that coming tonight and that she was able to stop Nadira, is actually because she has been on this road herself and she had done the same mistake. But Buffy didn't stop her in time. But Faith has dealt with it and payed for it and now she has used her past mistakes to actually save a life.

So Faith changes the conversation asking the girls if they know who is "she" that didn't agree to sire the guy because it's against the rules. Nadira days that probably is the "Mother Superior" and when she rejected to sire him that drove him over the edge and suggests to go after her. But the third slayer says that the Mother Superior hasn't broken any of Harmony's rules. Nadira replies that they are vampire slayers and that's what they do, kill vampires, and asks if it's illegal to kill a vampire that follows the rules. And we then learn from Faith that it is still a gray area, but killing a vampire that follows the rules will only result in starting a war. What they need is a reason to kill her and since most vampires come with skeletons in their closets, Faith now is on to that.

Next we find Angel and Faith training on the rooftop of Giles' residence. Faith tells him about Mother Superior while they train. Angel has heard of her, she attracts goth crowd like flies but she obeys the rules. Faith adds that she stays out of sight and she doesn't use her real name. Angel tells her that many vampires pick a different name when they get turned, it's a kind of tradition in some bloodlines and he doesn't seem eager to deal with it. But Faith draws his attention when she mentions that she thinks that Mother Superior is up to something since she has already run into 2 different nut jobs that tie to her. Not totally crazy people, more like too much drunk people who don't give a damn about anything, not even their lives or the lives of other people. And Angel has met one of them as well. Faith surprised tells him that she thought that his only mission was to bring back Giles. But Angel adds that it's kind of related, the last entry in Giles' diary that was talking about the Lorophage demon, he checked it with the watchers' files and found out that the demon has hibernation cycles. They sleep for decades and then wake up to feed themselves when "the stars of the old ones who birthed them align" which means now.

They go together to Alasdair telling him about the Lorophage demon. He says that this kind of demon is possible to cause an epidemic of madness but unlikely at the same time. There were cases that the victims went completely mad from all the traumatic experiences that were forced to surface but very rarely and only when the attack has been interrupted. The Lorophage demons prefer to drain every drop of their victims' brains and by that they kill them. Faith disagrees bringing Giles as an example, who has survived a Lorophage demon's attack and didn't die nor went mad. But Alasdair adds that Faith has no idea of his days as a Ripper and what he did and how he used magic. Faith still disagrees saying that being young and stupid doesn't make one crazy. Before things go worst between them Angel interferes wondering why the demon leaves the victims alive. Faith's theory is that the demon is being controlled but Alasdair says that Lorophage demons are resistant to magic. So Faith corrects her theory saying that maybe the demon is hypnotized by someone....by a vampire, as Angel adds. And Alasdair tells them that if the theory is correct, that means that this is a serious threat and they must put aside whatever else they are working on and focus on that. Faith kind of angry tells him they got it and they leave the house.

When outside, Angel asks her why she behaved like that, since they went to him to ask for his help. But Faith just thinks that he talks too much like every old guy. She has asked the girls to check a little bit and Daphine texted her that the newest residents of Arkham Asylum, people who had lived through very traumatic experiences and would be the perfect meal for a Lorophage demon, have all gone mad and gotten obsessed with Mother Superior. But what Angel doesn't understand is what does a vampire gain from making people crazy. And there is only one way to find out. Daphine informed Faith that Mother Superior lives in a deconsecrated church that was turned into a nightclub . And they decide to go and find her to end all this.

They attack going inside the church, asking the crowd, human groupies and minor vampires to take them to Mother Superior. But the crowd attacks and the fight starts. But Angel doesn't have the patience for that, and most of all, he hated churches since they bring back to him very bad memories. Nuns used to be his specialty, torturing them, killing them, and he had a vivid imagination. One could say that that was Angelus, but Angel remembers everything and Angel knows what Angel did and how good that made him feel. And some of his worst memories are from his time in London. So, wanting to end all this fighting, he knocks on a door trying to find Mother Superior, telling her that "it's time for confession, you go first, Mother Superior, it starts by "Bless me..." But before he finishes he sees Drusilla inside the room sitting on a throne, being worshiped by her minions telling him that she knows what comes next. After "bless me" it comes "Father...isn't that right?"

Meanwhile somewhere in a pub, a man approaches Nadira and another slayer who have a drink. He knows they are slayers and he is looking for Faith. Nadira tells him that they have never heard of her, but even if they had, why should they tell him? And the man replies that he has the best reason in the world, because he is her daddy.

Angel thinks that there is something not usual with Drusilla. She tells them she became somewhat nostalgic, a girl that almost became a nun so she decided to set her shop in a church. And the more things they change the more they stay the same. And Angel understands what is not right with Drusilla. She is sane!

End of issue 6.

ETA

Some tweets from Christos Gage about the new issue.

https://twitter.com/#!/Christosgage

ANGEL & FAITH #6 brings back Drusilla (beautifully drawn by @rebekahisaacs ) introduces Faith's Dad, & has Young Giles!
3 hours ago

By the way Giles followers, this issue does not show the "origin of Ripper". It's more the event that began Rupert on that path.
3 hours ago

Giles is about 17 this issue; according to canon he became Ripper after dropping out of college around 20-21 or so.
3 hours ago

Yes, I know that contradicts "Band Candy" which reduced him to a young thug at 16-17. Take it up with Joss.
3 hours ago

Although if it helps, let's say he started being thuggish after the events seen in today's issue but didn't fully Rippify until a bit later.
3 hours ago

@MsMarvelGirl No plans for Oz. The guy has a wife and kid, I say give him some peace for a little while
2 hours ago

@MsMarvelGirl Some time in Season 8, towards the end...the one with the Indian gods on the cover...we met Oz's wife and kid.
1 hour ago

Lots of people feel strongly Angel would never be a Hitchhiker's Guide fan. I think you underestimate him. Anyone on my side or am I nuts?
1 hour ago

I do think Angel would appreciate God's message to his creations: We Apologize For The Inconvenience. (I know that wasn't Hitchhiker's.)
1 hour ago

ETA 2

I have Angel & Faith # 6."Daddy Issues" Part I of IV"

I loved this issue.Really loved it.

"Daddy Issues" is the perfect title for this arc since we've got...

1)Dru and her vampire father Angel.

2)Faith and her father.

3)Giles and his father.

All with major league Daddy issues(I assuming on Faith and her father anyway.We already know the others issues based off the shows and this issue).The only one missing is Connor from this group Connor and Angel is coming later after this arc most likely.

The flashbacks and the seeds of Giles Ripper years are the highlight for me.I swear these make me regret we never got that BBC Ripper series.These flashbacks and the fact elements of that series are being used in this title makes think how great a Giles series could of been.Man,I would also go for a Young Giles series too after the flashbacks here.

I also really liked the call back to to the Buffy episode,"Bad Girls" and the flashback to Buffy and Faith after Faith accidentally staked the Deputy Mayor.It's great how Faith is putting the lessons learned then to good use and prevented a fellow slayer from making the same mistake and accidently killing a human.

I can't wait for when Faith's father hooks with her.I'm expecting fireworks.

As for the return of Dru.This is going to be good.We've gotten a taste of sane Dru in the IDW comics and I'm curious if we'll get a link to the Spike miniseries.Joss had a hand in the Willow stuff there and IDW worked with Dark Horse on it linking to season 8 with how Spike got his ship and bug crew.Besides the stuff with Dru briefly getting a soul in that story and then having it removed and how that whole thing messed with a already screwed head,the Spike miniseries ended with Spike leaving Dru in the care of the demon mental hospital,Mosaic.So I'm really curious if we'll get a nod to where we left Dru at the end of that to her return here in London,as Mother Superior and sane.Was she cured in Mosaic?

I have a feeling sane Dru is going to be much more dangerous then insane Dru.To bad Connor isn't around yet because that's a meeting I would really like to see.Talk about Daddy Issues again.Angel dealing with his biological child and his vampire child at the same time?Would that make Connor and Dru sort of siblings?

ETA

Now I have a real brain puzzele on that since Darla is Connor's mother and Darla sired Angel.And Dru re-sired Darla.

Talk about twisted and twisty family relations.

And based on tweets from Georges Jeanty,it sounds like Dru will be heading over to Buffy after this arc.Buffy dealing with a sane Dru and a Spike and sane Dru reunion I bet will be explosive.

This was a really superb issue all around.

ETA again

Here's Kairos's summery and review.

http://kairosimperfect.livejournal.com/92783.html

A&F #6, Summary and Review

Angel is lurking in the Highgate Cemetery, paying his respects to the grave of Douglas Adams and tracking "something else". The scent of blood leads him to the public housing for the elderly in the Holly Lodge Estate, where he meets a police officer who says he's there on a call from the daughter of one of the residents, whose father missed their regular visit. The officer isn't concerned, saying it's not that unusual for a pensioner to just be sleeping or at the pub, but he insists on being the first one to enter the building.

Before he opens the door to what looks like a common room, the officer can now smell what Angel did, and he thinks it means there's a decaying body in there. Instead, it's a young staff member cutting a cross into the foreheads of a pile of residents with a handsaw. He says, "It's out. They had the disease. But I cut it out.."

He attacks Angel and the police officer with the saw, saying "I can help you too!" Angel disarms and knocks him out: "Trying to help me...never ends well." The officer asks Angel if one of the victims was his friend, and Angel says, "No. No, I don't think he's been here for a while."

The next page cuts to the flashback of young Giles in his Watchers' final. The narration of his journal says that the creature that his friends thought was a vampire was in fact a Lorophage Demon, which feeds on trauma which it sucks out of the minds of its victims. The process is usually fatal, but Giles goes on to describe how it killed two (or more?) of his friends (including his crush, Charlotte), but was interrupted before it finished off Giles himself.

Apparently, training to be a Watcher involved being locked in rooms with starving vampires and peering into hell dimensions, and Giles says that the horror the students had experienced in ten years of this treatment made them especially choice victims for the Lorophage. The adult Watchers are still supervising the exam, though, and three of them tackle the demon and save Rupert, though the demon runs off, having adequately fed.

Later, Rupert has it out with the elder Giles, who was among the three who saved him. He blames them for sending them out unprepared, and says that he never chose to be a Watcher but was packed off to study horror and death when he was still a child. His father claims that this is their heritage and destiny and that horror is part of it. Rupert storms out, saying he'll no longer have any part in this, and the journal says that what came next will be recounted later, as there's only so much pain he can endure at one time.

Cut to Faith and two other Slayers saving a girl from a vampire. Nadira is about the apply the stake when Faith grabs her arm and says to look again. The "vampire" is actually a human who thinks he's a vampire. He says that "she" wouldn't sire him, so he sired himself. Nadira is distraught about almost being a murderer, and then worries that she's offended Faith. There's a flashback to Faith staking the Deputy Mayor, and she says it's alright, that she's glad that experience let her see what was going on and therefore save a life.

The Slayers discuss the "she" that the wannabe mentioned, and Nadira says it must be "Mother Superior", asking Faith if this was finally enough to let them go after her. The other Slayers say that she still hasn't broken any of Harmony's rules, so they don't have enough probable cause - killing vampires is still a legal grey area. Furthermore, Faith says, it would start a war. She leaves as the cops arrive, saying that she's going to look into a reason to dust Mother Superior.

Next page. Angel and Faith are sparring on the roof as the talk. Angel's heard of Mother Superior's popularity too, but she obeys the rules and he doesn't think there's anything odd about her staying out of sight and not using her real name. Faith tells him about the "nut jobs" she's met with ties to her. He makes the connection to the Lorophage in Giles' files, and says that the demon should now be waking from its hibernation cycle to feed.

The two of them pay a visit to Alasdair Coames. He says it's unlikely that the Lorophage itself has caused an epidemic of magic, since they only cause insanity if their attack is interrupted - otherwise it's just death. Faith brings up Giles, who seems to be an exception, and Coames says the attack was too brief. He also cites the Ripper days, which seems to piss Faith off. They continue to discuss the Lorophage and conclude that it could be controlled by a demon, such as a vampire, with an innate mesmeric ability.

As they leave, Angel asks Faith why she was acting defensive. She shrugs it off and says she has a lead from a Slayer who checked out the asylum and found three new residents with trauma in their pasts who suddenly lost their grip, and also incidentally had become obsessed with Mother Superior. Angel doesn't understand what a vampire would get out of making people crazy. Faith has a location, a deconsecrated church turned nightclub, so off they go.

They burst into the club through a stained-glass window. There are a lot of "human groupies and minor vampires". Angel tells them to bring them to Mother Superior, but instead they attack en masse. As the fight breaks out, he thinks about how he hates being in a church, because it brings back memories of how much he loved torturing and killing nuns as Angelus. These panels alternate with a middle-aged man asking Slayers in a pub if they've seen Faith.

Angel and Faith kick in a door at the church/club and enter a kind of miniature throne room. "Time for confession, Mother Superior," says Angel. "You go first. It starts, 'bless me...'"

"Wait," says Drusilla. She's dressed in a periodic English nobility outfit and surrounded by adoring young humans. At the sight of her, Angel can only say "Oh." She finishes his sentence, "Father. Isn't that right?" The man in the pub holds up a picture of himself with Faith and says he's looking for her because he's her daddy.

Angel thinks there's something off about Drusilla, who now has the Lorophage standing at her right hand. As she keeps talking, saying she's setting up shop in a church because she's feeling nostalgic, he realizes what it is: she's sane.

I'm dealing with some serious braindeadedness today so I'm going to try to make this brief. I loved this issue and I like where it's going.

So far the biggest point of contention among fans seems to be whether or not Angel would have been a Hitchhiker's fan. The answer is yes, yes he would. That's my opinion, but in this case I'm so severely correct that you can just accept it as a fact.

Along the same lines, I really enjoyed seeing Angel's thoughts in this issue. I'd liked Faith's as well, but they were starting to get repetitive, and anyway Angel's my favorite character in the 'verse, so. His thoughts are bound to get repetitive too - sure, we all knew already that he feels guilty about his mass murders etc. - but as he's a character who keeps everything close to his chest, nearly anything counts as an insight. See his irritation about the WWII vets taking the hit instead of the spoiled celebrities?

Charlotte is totally Ginny Weasley. Rupert's a sweetie, and the journal is very effective in this issue for making us see what Giles has been through long before we ever met him. Watcher training really does sound like hell, and if I had any doubts about that, it's enough that a tough, analytical, self-sacrificial man like Giles looks back on it and understands that he was traumatized before he even got to the final exam. Also we're practically promised here that we're going to see some Ripper flashbacks and I cannot contain my excitement.

So, the wannabe bit through a girl's skin with human teeth? And says he sired himself? Do you think he just sucked the blood out of his own arm? Okay done with that topic. I'm glad to see Harmony's rules being brought up here. I know it's a bit forced in for the sake of the overall plot, but it does sound fairly logical to me when it's approached this way - vampires are capable of behaving themselves when it's in their benefit to do so, and Slayers are better off leaving that balance rather than angering the population by killing off some of the "tame" vampires.

Buffy flashback panels are a special treat no matter their context.

Have I ever mentioned that I start bouncing and flapping my hands whenever Angel talks about vampires? I don't even get it. There's something about the reminder that he's such a stranger to our world that makes me adore him even more. Choosing a new name as a tradition among some bloodlines isn't any big revelation, but it's vampire cultural trivia and Angel's just casually discussing it with Faith. Yum. Doesn't hurt that they're having this conversation while sparring on a wet rooftop with Angel in a tank top. Does not hurt at all.

So it looks like Coames is going to be a regular character. That's cool; one of his cats clearly likes Angel. And then Angel mentions vampires having a hypnotic power. 'Cause he knows. 'Cause he's a vampire.

The fight in the church is a pretty brutal one - catch that panel of Angel holding a female vampire into a torch. I like having that as a backdrop to his thoughts about what he used to do to nuns. One of the keys to the Angel vs. Angelus debacle, I think, is that Angel may say the church brings back bad memories, but moments later, what he's actually remembering is how good it felt. No human can really relate to this. When we remember enjoying something, we want to do it again; it's memories of the consequences and how bad they felt that keep us in check. Angel just doesn't have that.

Rebekah Isaacs has done a gorgeous job with Drusilla so far and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. Beyond that I'm not quite sure how to feel about her appearance. Drusilla is my favorite villain of the entire Buffyverse, but the top thing I always loved about her was that she was insane. No more of that? Her dialogue won't be nearly as much fun. On the other hand, why is she sane? Does it have to do with the end of magic? That could be interesting.

In any case, Angel's been reunited with the most emotionally charged person in his life outside Buffy, and that is an awesome, wonderful thing. Don't let me down, Daddy Issues arc!

Last edited by comic fan; 01-25-2012 at 12:48 PM
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Awesome, Awesome! Loving it

Old 01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Some more tweets from Christos Gage.

https://twitter.com/#!/Christosgage

I originally wrote Giles' Dad as distant and haughty like Wesley's Dad, but Joss said he was tired of cold fathers & suggested the change.
2 hours ago

It was a great call. I changed Giles' Dad to caring but with a removed, WWII generation "Keep Calm & Carry On" mentality. Duty comes first.
2 hours ago

@Ivana2804 The impression I got: hypnotism is something vampires with great age and/or power can do. Uncommon but not unheard of.
2 hours ago

@Ivana2804 I would imagine there is some variance among vampires to account 4 different powers in different cultures' mythologies etc.
2 hours ago
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Review: Angel & Faith #6 - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith #6

by Greg McElhatton, Reviewer

I can understand if potential readers might be a little wary of "Angel & Faith." The shift of the "Angel" license from IDW to Dark Horse brought an end to the popular "Angel: After the Fall" series, and I think most fans agree that "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight" crashed and burned in its second half. But we're six issues into "Angel & Faith" now, and I think it's probably my favorite of the recent "Buffyverse" comic series.

Writer Christos Gage has kept the focus on "Angel & Faith" tight. Spinning out of Giles' death at the end of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" a little over a year ago, Gage (and "executive producer" Joss Whedon) has presented us with a slight twist on the two title characters: Angel wanting to find a way to bring Giles back, with Faith being the voice of reason and calm. Instead of feeling like these two are out-of-character, Gage makes this reversal of roles work thanks to their histories both together and apart, playing off of events in the television series as well as the comics. It's a strong set-up, and it's working well here.

"Angel & Faith" #6 kicks off a new storyline, "Daddy Issues," and there's more father references and appearances here than you shake a stick at. Faith, Angel and the deceased Giles all have their own "daddy" moments here, although they're not all as simple or obvious as you'd think. I'm enjoying how Giles has a major role in this issue through flashbacks, and how Gage is tying it into the present-day events with our duo. Faith's friendship with the newer Slayers is also spinning out well; we're seeing growth in the characters, and the references to Faith's early appearances don't feel forced.

Rebekah Isaacs once again draws some excellent art. I'm impressed with artists who can not only keep their own natural at style on the page but also jump through the hoops to get studio-approved likenesses. That Isaacs can not only do all that but also keep her characters from feeling posed or stiff is that much better. The look in Angel's eyes as he tells the police officer, "I don't think he's been here for a while" is a perfect example; it genuinely looks like David Boreanaz, with a look of pure regret in his eyes shining through to the reader. And that's not even mentioning the on-point depiction of his hair, or cheekbones, or the rest of his facial features. Faith also looks like Eliza Duskhu come to life; her rooftop duel is energetic and fast moving, but we can get a quieter, disgusted look from Faith on the very next page that is just as impressive.

Gage and Isaacs whip up a particularly delicious conclusion to "Angel & Faith" #6; it's a moment that in retrospect we should have seen coming, even as it reveals itself on the final page with a bit of surprise. It's a clever development, one that will excite a lot of readers. It's a good usage of the comic book serial format, and all in all wraps up another strong issue. If you were a fan of the television show or even just the "Angel: After the Fall" comic, definitely check out "Angel & Faith." So far, it hasn't disappointed.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Addicted Fan

First Advanced Review for Buffy S9 # 6.

Review - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 #6 On Your Own Part 1 | BAMFAS.com :: Entertainment*Gaming^Food-Music+Life

Review – Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 #6 On Your Own Part 1

By Jenny– January 27, 2012

Script: Andrew Chambliss
Pencils:: Georges Jeanty
Inks: Karl Story
Colors: Michelle Madsen
Cover: Phil Noto
Alternate Cover: Georges Jeanty with Dexter Vines & Michelle Madsen
Created By: Joss Whedon
Published By: Dark Horse

This review will largely have me fawning over Spike. I try to act impartial but when it comes to the awesomeness that is Spike, it becomes very hard to do. This issue has Buffy dealing with the aftermath of the news that she learned at the end of the last issue. She seeks advice from someone who has first hand knowledge of what it’s like to fall into an impossible situation where the answers aren’t so easy. As Buffy is getting advice and trying to figure out her future, Spike is on a ride-a-long with Officer Dowling. Spike is trying to teach him about the subtleties of zompires. As Spike is explaining the enigma that is Buffy, he receives a S.O.S call from her and without hesitation he’s on his way (swoon). Buffy spills life changing news to Spike, who does nothing but listen and be supportive. As Buffy asks Spike for help, Spike again, without missing a beat is there for her.

This issue is very good and very sad. Spike is amazing, from his very concise summary of his and Buffy’s “story” to his right into action chivalrous behavior. The art is fantastic, the somber tone is captured extremely well. I love the cover, it is irrefutable that Spike has Buffy’s back (without judgment) both literally and figuratively and this is what makes him the best. This issue is the first in a two issue story arc which hopefully will conclude in a not so easy wrap-up in the next issue. Hopefully, I didn’t fawn too much, but I think once everyone reads the issue my Spike love will be understood!

Release Date: February 8th, 2011

ETA

This is the first time I'm actually seeing this.I'm not sure if others had.I always love seeing and hearing the cast members reaction to the comics and where Joss is taking their characters.I still think SMG's reaction to Satsu in Buffy S8 # 12 with Seth Green is a highlight(.And I would love to see or hear her reaction to the end of season 8 with Angel as Twilight,the space sex and Giles death at Angel's hands).James Marsters had a pretty priceless reaction to Xander/Dawn in the comics upon learning about it a few months back as well.

This video is from the SDCC 2010.It's a interview with David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel about Bones.At the end of the interview,the interviewer reveals to DB about season 8 and Buffy & Angel having space sex.Keep in mind that this is between the release of Buffy S8 # 35 and # 36.Before the "Last Gleaming" arc began.

David's reaction is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meZn65Vz054

It starts at the 1:37 mark.

Last edited by comic fan; 01-28-2012 at 08:41 AM
Old 01-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Comments from Buffyfest on Buffy S9 # 6.

Buffyfest's conversation about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine on GetGlue

Buffyfest is thinking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine
Reading Issue #6 "On Your Own Pt. 1"

zamolxis So, how is it?

Buffyfest Very well written and has that subtle wow! factor that every issue has had this season. I wonder how fandom will feel.

https://twitter.com/#!/buffyfest/sta...39089827414017

buffyfestbuffyfest

Reading Issue #6 "On Your Own Pt. 1" Buffyfest's conversation about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine on GetGlue @GetGlue #BuffyTheVampireSlayerSeasonNine
19 hours ago

buffyfestbuffyfest

@lisatwingomez You're going to love it...the issue is very well written.
15 hours ago

projectiledanDan Roth

Read Buffy Season 9 #6 tonight. Won't reveal anything, but it got a very strong, emotional reaction out of me. Really well done.
27 Jan

buffyfest @buffyfest

I hope @projectiledan (Bitsy) doesn't mind me quoting him that @DarkHorseComics Buffy #6 is "the most like the show the comic has felt, maybe ever."
15 hours ago via web

buffyfestbuffyfest

@tabitha_raye yes, S.9 #6...so good.
12 hours ago

buffyfestbuffyfest

@malonebarbie @projectiledan I liked S.8 but it's pretty polarizing in the fandom. S.9 has been excellent so far, imo. We'd recommend them!
12 hours ago

ETA

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...ws-120130.html

Angel & Faith #6
Written by Christos Gage
Art by Rebekah Isaacs and Dan Jackson
Lettering by Richard Starkings and Jimmy Betancourt
Published by Dark Horse Comics
Review by Aaron Duran
'Rama Rating: 9 out of 10

It's confession time. I never really liked Buffy. Not the show mind you, the show was a blast. No, I mean the character Buffy. She was always the least interesting character for me. I was always more interested in episodes that focused on Willow, or Xander, and while it might call into question my geek cred; I sincerely believe Angel was a far superior show. (Um, not counting Season 4, which we will not speak). So, when Dark Horse Comics got back the rights to Angel as a series and then included Faith, well this was one happy fanboy. We're six issues in this new series and it shouldn't come as a surprise that, yes indeed, I am digging this book more than Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What can I say? I'm a supporting cast kind of guy. In this issue, Angel and Faith continue their awesome Batman and Robin act in London (I'll let you decide who is who in this duo) while coming to terms with their own checkered histories. As Angel continues his own quest for salvation in safely resurrecting Giles, we're treated with a look into the fallen Watcher's past when he was but a schoolboy and faced his first real test.

As he does in Avengers Academy for Marvel Comics, Christos Gage breathes a real sense of life into the characters he writes. Far too often, Angel is portrayed as a one-dimensional person, only driven by whatever haunts him in that moment. During the television series, the potential for such shallowness was very high. Thankfully Gage deftly weaves a character that, while dour about a situation he created for himself, no longer acts the part of the lone tortured soul. This talent for honest character evolution plays even stronger with Faith. For the longest time, the reason everyone liked Faith was because she was the take no “you-know-what” kind of person. However, that kind of character can only maintain an audiences interest for so long, and then the writer has a choice. Let them grow or let them pass. Faith standing as an almost matronly figure to misdirected Slayers has been an interesting path to read. Mind you, Gage isn't throwing out the book and starting over with Angel and Faith. No, what we have here is a natural evolution that once again makes me care about these characters. All while maintaining the core elements that make these two endure for all these years. As the issue unfolds, these two are most definitely driven by events from their darker past, but they will no longer be defined by this past.

Rebekah Isaacs continues to impress me with her fantastic pencils and inking on the series. Penciling compelling sequential art within comics is hard enough without having to appeal to well-established images. I mean, it's one thing to put your own interpretation on Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker, but when you're dealing with licensed images based on real people, that's quite the hat trick. It's far too easy to fall into the photo-referencing trap, and while I don't know how much Isaacs uses, her composition suggests very little. Isaacs's art lends itself to a series that first found life in a visual medium. Her action scenes have a very strong sense of movement and life. Her panels do not look like a series of still images set to words. Each sword swing or punch has an implied follow through, which really helps to sell the danger and excitement in the series. Paired with balanced coloring by Dan Jackson and you've got what might be the prettiest monthly series put out by Dark Horse Comics at this time.

Family and responsibility are some of the stronger themes running through these character, and both the flashback scenes with Giles and the perfectly “squee”-worthy issue ender only reinforce these themes. Really, the only thing that prevents this from being a perfect comic is the rather dense knowledge of Buffyverse that's required. However, if you haven't been reading the adventures of Buffy's darker half on the other side of the pond, then you really are missing the best stuff since the halcyon days of the WB Network. So get the reading!

Last edited by comic fan; 01-30-2012 at 03:28 PM
Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Covers and Solicitation for Angel & Faith # 10

Newsarama | Exclusive Dark Horse Cover Reveal: ANGEL & FAITH #10 Page 1

Exclusive Dark Horse Cover Reveal: ANGEL & FAITH #10

01 February 2012

Dark Horse's Angel & Faith series from writer Christos Gage and artist Rebekah Isaacs has been a well-received spinoff of their Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise, and courtesy of the publisher, we have the exclusive first look at both covers for May's Angel & Faith #10.

Here's some early info on the issue, which features guest artist Chris Samnee of Thor: The Mighty Avenger fame: "Angel and Faith are forced into battle, less by choice and more by circumstance, when two mysterious women from Giles’s past call on the unlikely duo for help. But that’s only the beginning of Angel and Faith’s troubles as the ladies settle in for the night!

Series writer Christos Gage (Avengers Academy) and guest artist Chris Samnee (Thor), the creative team of Vertigo’s Area 10, reveal more about Giles’s past and further Angel’s quest in bringing the Watcher back from the dead."

First up, here's the Steve Morris cover for the issue.

And here's the variant cover by series artist Rebekah Isaacs.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread