Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I love Joss but he is a coward.

Season 7 is now on Amazon! Currently it's 10th among all DVDs. Season 5 is 77th and Season 6 is 64th.

Last edited by Cati; 08-26-2004 at 08:54 PM
Old 08-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by swedish fan
What? They don't have sex after that epi?

I have GOT to download Something Blue. Haven't seen it yet.

I like this ----> Because they have a unique and real love story

No more sex. It was too difficult to come back from the stupid attempted rape. But there was implied sex in the final episode of the series.

It's against FF rules to discuss downloading eps...
Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cati
Yeah, it's good acting but it did a lot of damage to Spike and Spuffy. I hated that scene. I know the writers wanted Spike to do something awful so that he would get a soul but the AR was a bad choice.
I agree. James and Sarah were amazing in that scene. You could feel the tension and pain throughout the whole thing.. but I didn't like that the writer's decided to use the AR as the catalyst for Spike getting a soul.

I think since it was a last minute write in the writers didn't truely realize what a huge out cry it would cause.. as seen in the next episode they show Buffy going to Spike's crypt .. she was going to let him take care of Dawn and she even inquires where he went to and how long he would be gone.. for me Rape or Attempted Rape are controverisal enough without making the situation so unclear. I beleive even Jane Espenson said she and some of the other writers were against it and she still till this day thinks the situation was tainted because it was made so unclear.

I would have prefered that the AR was not the catalyst chosen to make Spike want to seek out his soul... but I do see how the writers would have beleived that since this truely was Spike's lowest moment and after he almost hurt the woman he loved in that horrible way that this would be the most devastating thing that could have happened to urge Spike to see he truely did need to change. So while I understand why they chose to the AR I think they could have come up with something a bit less extreme. As it was said after this many Spuffies felt uncomfortable and outraged. Looking back it all folds into the amazing story Spuffy is... but I think they took an unecessary risk with that plot twist and almost lost a huge portion of their fanbase.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Absolute Fan

When I was on Amazon ten minutes ago, they didn't have an image for season 7. They've now added the Spuffy cover!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
When I was on Amazon ten minutes ago, they didn't have an image for season 7. They've now added the Spuffy cover!
I love that cover!

Dazzling Great post!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Woo Hoo! I don't care what 'certain' fans say. That cover rocks! Spuffy! Spuffy! Spuffy! Spuffy!

Buffy loves Spike
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I'll vote for this title too
Because they have a unique and real love story
Old 08-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'll vote for this title too
Because they have a unique and real love story
I thought that up off the top of my head. lol So glad ya like it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Absolute Fan

New thread! I hope no one minds that I started it!
Old 08-27-2004, 04:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Ummm...next time you should wait til we hit 250 posts to start the new thread. I've gotten in trouble for starting threads before when we were at 249 posts *shrug*

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Ok, so now we have 250 posts and all is cool

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread