Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
It was the 2001 VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, 10/19/01
cool thanks! (this picture made my day )

<--------------I absolutely love it as you can tell

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh, he looks incredibly good in that pic...hard to believe it is almost a decade old!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the pic Laila

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I haven't had time to see it all but I'll try to get in onto my Ipod somehow to listen to the end in the subway tomorrow.
Here the mp3 audio file, better quality

NCPR News Archive - Adirondack Roundtable: Actor Chris Noth

direct download
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome!! Thanks for thinking of me, Laila.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I finally listened to the Lake Placid interview. I think it encapsulates what a lot of us like about Chris... he is very authentic.. What you hear is him, even with the bits of rambling, laughing etc. I enjoyed the interview... at one point, he started to say something about being a guest star on TGW... and I think he was going to make a comment about that, but someone interrupted with a question..dang! He also said he would not be doing Born Yesterday... he said the play didn't work for him, but he is looking at a couple of others. He also seemed to imply that it was very difficult to get time off to do a play, altho he wants to do one a year... he also said " they would send him off campaigning"... I almost had the impression that either he / or they are considering shipping his character off for a while... or maybe that is his wishful thinking.. will be interested in your impressions .. was unclear to me.

I am a big fan of SJP, but whenever she is interviewed,I always have the impression that every word she says has been weighed and measured, maybe bec she has been inthe business so long. But Chris is really Chris. I couldn't believe that he talked for an hour, and barely mentioned JM, or SJP. He is usually very complimentary, but his focus was very much on acting , and clearly to him , that means the stage.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the audio, Laila. I'll give it a listen tomorrow in the car.

Quote:
I almost had the impression that either he / or they are considering shipping his character off for a while... or maybe that is his wishful thinking.. will be interested in your impressions .. was unclear to me
I think he mentions it as a possibility if he needs time off but I'll have to listen closely. Although I'm not sure where he could be going off campaigning. Cook County is not that big
Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

I am currently watching CN on SATC (I love how SATC episode get repeated late at night )

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even in season one we have at least two episodes in which he was not present, that means more or less a month of shooting. Last play he did in LA run for a month so it's not that difficult to allow him time to do it. Probably TGW schedule is not matching with Broadway one. As long as Peter story is so preminent in the show it's hard to imagine for him to have a lot of free weeks, even though he nornally works 3/4 days.

That's why I'm not sure how long will it takes for Chris to choose something else and be free to do what he wants. He needs to have a capacity like Titus, a real guest star. I doubt it will happen next season because most of the sidestories are already there and need to be closed but then I wouldn't bet any money.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Even with a short run, like a month, a play needs a lot of rehearsing and preparation. I don't think it's something that can be squeezed shooting a regular part in a tv show. That would require him to miss more than just a couple of episodes in a row.
The other Broadway actors they had on the show only had a couple of scenes in a few episodes with some time in between and they were involved in plays and shows that were already well oiled and long past the pre-production process.

So I don't know. I hope if that's what he wants to do, they manage and somehow allow him to do it. LIke you say, if they don't, it might lead to some frustration and it'd be too bad for him to leave the show in S3 if they can make it work.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he made it clear from the start that he was there as recurring because he wanted a way out if something came out or he got disappointed in his part. Since his return on Law and Order the problem was there and in that TV show he alternated with Vince D'Onofrio.
If he really want to do a play he can, with just 2/3 days of working every two weeks, show breaks ( ) and episodes in which he is missed, he has the time to rehearse (when he was doing Farragut North in NYC I don't remember a lot of time devoted to the play prior the premiere). Of course it can be grinded and at the end of the day it's not worth if you cannot do it properly and most of all, he doesn't want it to be like punching your badge.

And, personally, I don't really like him in a, let's say, Jackie capacity. Peter can be fun to play and watch, but I would be really pleased to have him in something where he is the main caracter and I'm glad he is in a position where his caracter can be written off in a good way without a death or something.

I'm happy if he is happy and I have my doubts he would be happy ina five years TV show.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm happy if he is happy and I have my doubts he would be happy ina five years TV show.
I understand. On the other hand, a steady paycheck and a good complex layered part is always a good thing especially when you're not 40 anymore. I think he still has a lot of good years ahead of him career-wise, I mean, look at him but it's not always easy to find a good part you can invest in.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I suppose he recognizes the value of the show, he talked always highly of Julianna but as you said when you are in a good professional period, you need to choose between a steady check (that he probably doesn't need a lot, especially after the two SatC movies) and the possibility to differentiate/experimenting things. He is a man so he probably has more years then Julianna but at 55, five years can be neverending. And he has a two-years old son, maybe he just wanted to stay home with family (in LA).
Probably after winter break we'll be able to make an educated guess about the outcome of this season.

BTW, Chris Noth attends 'GQ and Ermenegildo Zegna Elegant Men of The Year' awards ceremony at the Italian Embassy on July 1, 2010 in Madrid, Spain

Last edited by Det.Logan; 07-02-2010 at 08:56 AM
Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Extreme Fan

SATC2 didn't do as well as expected, but once worldwide and dvd sales are in, oh boy.. and I am sure he negotiated points. He was right, I thought this one was better than satc1, and I loved his part. So he may not feel the need to stick with TGW for a long time... on the other hand, he once said he only works 2/not nec 3 days a week, and he is not in all the epis. More to the point, it is a very prestigious show ( altho it is not the stage). Time will tell, and I agree, he will have to remain interested in the role...he could be thinking , the more he is recognized with something other than Big, the better. too bad he cannot find a replacement role in an ongoing broadway play...but knowing Chris he would want something that is for him alone. That has to be hard these days, as plays are tricky to mount with the recession,esp because he does not seem interested in a long run... so it might have to be off broadway.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris in Madrid before the "Most Elegant men Awards"