Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Which is probably why they didn't do it. They have a hard time not making him too sympathetic. It has nothing to do with Chris' acting because he's perfect in the part but the writers have a little trouble with it.
He was just perfect (I believe he could have a career in politic if he would ) and viewers started to behave like Alicia did, "he is a jerk but...". He was not in jail for Amber so having Peter roughed up a bit by his inmates would have pushed his likableness too further. And it was not the time.
Because I read on board about givin him some pay-back but they were not referring to violence.
Unfortunately they went a bit too far and Peter looks better in jail than at home, I get it that having Alicia showing him all of her coldness can make you sad and weary but not to the point of preferring the big house.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately they went a bit too far and Peter looks better in jail than at home, I get it that having Alicia showing him all of her coldness can make you sad and weary but not to the point of preferring the big house.
I agree here. I think somehow the move out of jail hasn't done the character much good. I really hope it picks up with the campaign next season.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Supreme Fan

The campaign seems like a good storyline for Peter. It will help him get up off the dirt, show his stuff and it will also tie him in closer to Alicia's storyline outside of the damn love triangle.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes I wonder how I would act around him...

It must be an ego-boost, for a 55 years guy, to have woman half his age swooning and squirming everywhere he goes
Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Agree, except that he seems annoyed, and you can't blame him. These kids seemed pretty nice ( and young!) but it is very intrusive... you are rushing somewhere and pple want a piece of you..
Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It must be an ego-boost, for a 55 years guy, to have woman half his age swooning and squirming everywhere he goes
I don't think he needs the ego-boost. Also when you see the ugly idiots some of these girls are screaming for just because they have played a heartthrob in some teeny movie or tvshow, it must be really distasteful for actors who take their craft seriously like Chris. I'm sure he'd rather meet respectful fans than hyper-hormonal raving groupies.
And don't worry, I know you would be the respectful kind (even though you would be screaming on the inside )

Old 06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how I would act around him...
Like a lady... I'm sure.
... a sex-crazed lady but a lady anyway
Old 06-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think he needs the ego-boost. :r tvshow, it must be really distasteful for actors who take their craft seriously like Chris. I'm sure he'd rather meet respectful fans than hyper-hormonal raving groupies.
And don't worry, I know you would be the respectful kind (even though you would be screaming on the inside )
You are so right here. I think since he went to Yale Drama school and has done theatre, he does take it seriously... and some of these fans are totally crazy. I have never understood why you would take someone's pic thru a glass while they are having coffee..lol.

Last edited by Det.Logan; 06-27-2010 at 06:32 AM
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He is nice if you are nice, so if you ask for a picture or to shake hands or to just have a small chat, and you do it with good-manners it'a almost impossible for him to be rude. It's the only way ot live in NYC, take the subway, walk the streets and do it quite normally (and it's something that he has nvever abdicated from)
I read about ladies claiming a photo and Chris nicely telling her to...

I agree that he is a Yale alumni and that he takes his craft seriously but he is also a man, when people make a compliment I'm glad, humble but glad. When it comes doen to be considered sexy or handsome he tends to be shy but I believe that his past wild night life stands as an evidence of his looking in the mirror more than once.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When it comes doen to be considered sexy or handsome he tends to be shy but I believe that his past wild night life stands as an evidence of his looking in the mirror more than once.
If a handsome guy like Chris is not entitled to some of that, I don't know who is
And I didn't mean he would disregard a compliment. It's just that screaming fangirls (who from time to time make me ashamed to be a woman) are not exactly a compliment on anything.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If a handsome guy like Chris is not entitled to some of that, I don't know who is
Absolutely, as long as it is honest, I don't mind casual relationship or sex and if you don't want to settle and be serious or you have not found the right person, why not. I don't remember any complain from any ex or flirt or sex-partner so I suppose it was good for both.

Quote:
And I didn't mean he would disregard a compliment. It's just that screaming fangirls (who from time to time make me ashamed to be a woman) are not exactly a compliment on anything.
In fact i was referring to those compliment made in a more serious way, whenever you read some piece on him it's almost impossible not o have some reference to the way he looks. And I agree, screaming fans (female) are not the best woman manifesto. I scream only during soccer match
And I want to believe that at 55 you are past this stuff, please.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I scream only during soccer match
but I bet those are not high pitched girlie screams

Old 06-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Gosh Chris looks sooo good I honestly do not know how I would behave, now that I have seen him in TGW I am like more obsessed with him I once saw him seating outside an Italian Restaurant and I wanted to stop and say something to him but my sister stopped me and maybe she did the right thing because it probably would have been extra rude to come up to him while he was trying to relax. However that was a few years ago when he was in SATC and I knew him but was not obsessed but now because of TGW I definitely do not know if I would have let my sister stop me from talking to him

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

That's funny Kiki, as I was once sitting quite close to him at a restaurant as well ... he was at a booth across from me... but it was right before SATC became really popular; I liked him, but not the way I like him NOW. It was my birthday, and I was with 2 friends, and I was just too embarrassed to do anything. If it was now, I think I would send him a fan note, saying how much I like his work. I do think it is rude to interrupt someone's dining out, unless they are finished their meal or about to leave.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

hehehe Mare! you and me had similar experience, we both saw him at a time we were not that obssesed with him. But now with TGW I would not think twice about talking to him

where did you see him btw, in NYC?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick