She is so funny! here she is talking about Kalinda

YouTube - Archie Panjabi on ethnicity, role

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I read that in an article earlier. Let's hope Kalinda will confess to her really soon
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Backstage At The Emmys: Who Said What?! | Fancast News

So wrong, but it will change!! Archie is a new raising star!!!!!!!!
Oh my God, I can't believe no one approached her! sometimes designers approach entire casts or production companies to clothe their stars. I would have at least though her manager might put put out feelers, or even Juliana might connect her with someone!

Well, we know the fashion world won't ignore her again come GG!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnღfairytale (View Post)
I hope Kalinda will confess to her really soon
Word! cause we all want to know!

Quote:
Well, we know the fashion world won't ignore her again come GG!
Yup

ETA,

YouTube - 62nd (2010) Primetime Emmy Awards - Supporting Actress Drama Series!

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 08-30-2010 at 12:33 PM
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Pan
Master Fan

I'm so happy for Archie!! So well deserved.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for all the links

Emmy Awards 2010: British actress Archie Panjabi triumphs | Mail Online

Shows a bit about her background, her arranged marriage and her carreer

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 08-31-2010 at 03:00 AM
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I just had to come and post after AP's win. I stayed up all night just to catch the live broadcast at an ungodly hour. Was expecting to see JM, CB and hopefully the show winning. But surprise surprise!!! It was Archie. I'll ramble on about the other losses on the Award thread. This is the thread for celebration!
It was great to see AP getting rewared, funny that all the press leading up to the show never really seemed to give her any shot at it. I loved how she composed herself really quickly after the initial shock of the announcement. I hate it when people who are front runners win and act like it was the last thing they expected. Our girl was just the opposite. Everyone toys with the idea of winning, she muct have thought about it. And when she did win, she calmly recollected her prepared speech. Very greaceful. And then she let a little of her Panjabiness shine through by saying that the award was good for her career. Honest truth - very refreshing

Oh and who she was pointing to - I'm pretty sure it was the Kings. They were sitting in that general direction and she's always given credit to them for the character of Kalinda. Maybe the entire team was sitting there alongside them. Did we ever figure out where Matt was sitting? I didn't see him on TV.

I find it hilarious how the Indian press is reacting to her success. Never knew she existed before and now act like it is somehow India's glory. Funny thing is, I don't think she would have made it big in India. I'm not bashing on my country but simply that because her looks are not extradinary by Indian standards. She looks like a normal next-door Indian girl. With a killer bod. And talent. And amazing agelessness.
I love the Mail online article. It is very true of middle class Indian sensibility to not look at acting as a respectable profession. If at all a profession. And I love her line about being embarrassed by her mother's saris. I went through the same thing in NYC. But then everyone complemented my mom on her saris, and I had to shut up
Also nice to hear about her not being bothered about her weight because she was so loved. I want more girls to have that. There's something very powerful about that statement. Says something about her too, that she didnt let the outside world bother her and was secure in the love she was getting from her family. But smartly took the advice to thin down when it was necessary for her career.
And I think she looked lovely. Don't love the colour. I think she could have gone with something a little brighter, not neon, just maybe something like those delectable maroons they dress her in on TGW.
Again - Congrats to Archie!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Elite Fan

Karen, thanks for that link!! Wow that article taught me so much about AP then I had know. I love her story her mom sounds like a doll. An arranged marriage, interesting, glad it worked well for here She battle with weight? who would have know? Not I She rocks!!

Welcome back Shama

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

she has an excellent figure, wouldn't have thought she had weight issues in the past either..

Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

She's so cute

Old 08-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Aww she is soo cute

but what was the question? Who is the most important "speaker" in your life?

Quote:
wouldn't have thought she had weight issues in the past either..
IKR! shocker!

ETA, most probably already know about this website but I just found it Archie Panjabi Central

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 08-31-2010 at 08:42 AM
Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

That's more than we've known about her so far! thanks for all the links

Quote:
Oh and who she was pointing to - I'm pretty sure it was the Kings. They were sitting in that general direction and she's always given credit to them for the character of Kalinda. Maybe the entire team was sitting there alongside them. Did we ever figure out where Matt was sitting? I didn't see him on TV.
Hehe, if you ask on the Matt board, they'll say she was pointing to Matt but there's no way to tell. It's obvious she was pointing to the place where the rest of the cast (and the Kings) were sitting but we'll never know . I think it could have been Matt though, he was grinning his ears off at the after party... sounds like a bet won but I like your suggestion too, it could have been the Kings.

Quote:
Also nice to hear about her not being bothered about her weight because she was so loved. I want more girls to have that. There's something very powerful about that statement. Says something about her too, that she didnt let the outside world bother her and was secure in the love she was getting from her family.
Very very true. And it says a lot about her. She's got the quiet (albeit shy) confidence of someone who was told she could achieve whatever she believed in, no matter what other people thought.

Quote:
most probably already know about this website but I just found it Archie Panjabi Central
It's in the Link thread It's Tona's site and I'm sure she's getting hit like crazy these days! with everyone wondering who the babe who won the Supporting Actress Emmy was

So... arranged marriage? That's odd but hey, if it worked out for her, that's the main thing.

Oh and I that she said she was a "tough cookie" at school and wasn't bothered by racists because nobody dared take her on Archie! Full of surprises! So that's where she found her Kalinda, uh?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-31-2010 at 12:19 PM
Old 08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Here is my contribution!! (well Mel found it )

The Good Wife’s Archie Panjabi on Her 2010 Emmy Win | TV on the Brain

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So... arranged marriage? That's odd but hey, if it worked out for her, that's the main thing.
Well arranged marriage works a lot differently now. It's the way AP describes it really. It's almost like your parents, and other interested parties like relatives or friends of your parents etc, set you up with someone they think you'll get along with. And then both people meet and get to know one another. Usually they continue meeting each other for some time before they decide on getting married. It's almost like dating. The initial meeting is almost like a normal blind date except for the major difference that you're meeting the person with the idea of marriage in mind already. It's actually a good fall back option if you don't find anyone for yourself. The traditional system also exists where the families decide on your spouse, but that is falling out of fashion fast.

I love the video Kiki posted as well. The interviewer seemed a little ill at ease though. Guess she was not prepared for Archie winning. I'm sure she must have prepared tons of questions to ask Christina Hendricks. Hee hee. But I really can't get tired of hearing that the cast gets along well. All the after party pics are great. My personal fav is the one with the three nominees of the night, the women or TGW, beaming at the camera (if I hadnt forgotten how to change my Avi I would have switched to that). Loved how CB seemed genuinely happy when Archie's name was announced. And going to a Sting concert?? You just can't make stuff like that up! T