Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyone watching The Fall?
Watched it over the weekend, thanks for the heads up it's back
Quote:
I mean... it's not as if she was a real lead in that thing, right?
I made my icon.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

well she's the "female lead" so that means 3 paces and to the right of the male lead(s)

Quote:
Watched it over the weekend, thanks for the heads up it's back
Only watched the season premiere so far and it's killing how slow it is
I don't mind slow paced shows or movies but somehow this one is pushing the envelope. Archie just had one scene but she was on her bike so hey... can't be asking too much

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-18-2014, 12:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Anyone watching The Fall?
I do. But I'm a few month behind due to location.

Oh oh oh:

They got the cop thing wrong, though. Oh well.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Madly Deeply (View Post)
I think we'll see her without boots at the end...
She's already done several scenes without boots this season (and I'm not including sex scenes.)
Old 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do. But I'm a few month behind due to location.
Do you need "help" with it?

Quote:
They got the cop thing wrong, though. Oh well.
I'm not sure they got anything right but I like the visual

Quote:
She's already done several scenes without boots this season (and I'm not including sex scenes.)
Are you 100% sure she wasn't wearing boots during the sex scenes?

Old 11-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

So I saw Episode 3 of S2 of The Fall and yup this caption has everything wrong but oooooh what a scene

Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Are you 100% sure she wasn't wearing boots during the sex scenes?
Given her bare feet were waving in the air in the scene where Lana discussed coming out to her mother...yes!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Given her bare feet were waving in the air in the scene where Lana discussed coming out to her mother...yes!
proven and certified. Pretty cool

Old 12-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Just saw I Origins. Archie has a pretty small part but the movie is alright. Maybe a little more predictable and heavy-handed than I would have expected from Cahill.

She was also in the 5th episode of The Fall but barely long enough for her to suit up and examine a body at a crime scene

Old 12-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Archie: The love and affection for #KalindaSharma has been nothing short of amazing. I never gave up on her and never will!
Am I reading too much or was it not Archie's decision to leave?

Only 8 episodes w/Archie left!

- Mel
Old 12-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Mel!

Quote:
Archie: The love and affection for #KalindaSharma has been nothing short of amazing. I never gave up on her and never will!
I personally believe they have been trying to make her leave for a few seasons and she didn't give in but I imagine that there have been a lot of moments where she had to defend Kalinda against ridiculous storylines, and win or lose, she never gave up.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
I don't think so -- that's exactly how I took it: they didn't offer to renew her contract when it expired after Season 6. They told her early in the season so that she'd have time to get the face-saving development deal with Fox in place before they announced her departure.

Quote:
Only 8 episodes w/Archie left!
I think there might be more. She may well not be in the season finale so her leaving can be its own arc, but I think she was referring to where they were in the shooting schedule, ie they were shooting 6x14 when she said that. Or does someone know differently?
Old 12-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't think so -- that's exactly how I took it: they didn't offer to renew her contract when it expired after Season 6. They told her early in the season so that she'd have time to get the face-saving development deal with Fox in place before they announced her departure.
I don't think that's what happened. Their instant reaction to her agents announcing the deal with FOX was a bit too much of a "oh ****" kneejerk reaction and the way they basically said "yeah but she's still ours until the end of the season so keep watching please"...

Quote:
I think there might be more. She may well not be in the season finale so her leaving can be its own arc, but I think she was referring to where they were in the shooting schedule, ie they were shooting 6x14 when she said that. Or does someone know differently?
As much as they have underused her for years, I think they're going to keep her until the very last episode but I wouldn't put money on how much importance they put on Kalinda's leaving.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:50 PM
New Fan

It’s 2015, near time for Kalinda to depart TGW. Then I’ll take TGW off my list, since it’s always been thekalindashow for me. Before that time, I’ll download my thoughts.

All the following is WAG (wild ass guess) on my part, but with evidence.

I think there was no S7 offer for Archie, but I think it was a mutual decision. If you connect the dots, in retrospect, it’s all been there to read since S4.

The Feud: I’m sure JM’s the initiator but Archie shows signs of being pretty fed up with it by now. She tweets that she only has 8 episodes before she LEAVES! The CAPS are mine but the exclamation point is hers! Only a dozen more weeks and she’s free of the feud. What if the cause is not exotic or mysterious? What if it’s about what feuds have been about for millennia? Money mostly, jealousy, power?

Timeline

S1 2009 – 6 yr contract negotiated by Archie’s London agent. Archie has no resume in American tv, she’s barely credited above the unknown minor children. Artistically she’s in heaven. She’s not paid much but she’s paid often. In total, it’s more money than she and husband had ever seen before. Archie’s a breakout star. She’s the surprise fan favorite.

S2 2010 –NYT includes Archie in its list of actors who turn tv into art. She wins an Emmy for S1! There’s no change to her contracted pay rate. The Kings take a risk and break up Kalicia in 2x22. JM refuses the reunion and she’s going to be a producer in S3 with story input.

S3 2011 – JM is bad mouthing the Kalinda character. Not until 3x17 can the Kings talk JM into the reunion. There’s no change to Archie’s contracted pay rate but it’s time for contract renegotiations after S3.

S4 2012 – Archie is still only represented by the London agent. There’s a renegotiated pay rate effective for S4-S6. Maybe not a fair rate for the star she is now. Probably happens every time an unknown actor gets famous on her first hit show. About the time Archie gets a new American agent is about the time Alicia and Kalinda stop appearing together on screen. Coincidence? I don’t know. Maybe the agent says she should be paid more, data show Kalinda’s more popular with fans than Alicia. (This is WAG.) CRACK. Start counting episodes where Alicia & Kalinda don’t share the screen, 4x15-4x22. There’s no change to Archie’s contracted pay rate. American agent starts arranging other deals.

S5 2013 – JM announces Kalicia is over. Kings confirm for Archie. Archie asks Kalinda be written out. (This is WAG.) Creative says Josh first. Production says no. Fulfill the term of your contract at the contracted pay rate through S6. Archie’s agent lets them know early in S5 that S6 will be the end for her. Agent is working the San Andreas and Fox deals. Count episodes 5x01-5x22.

S6 2014 – Curious is the timing of the announcement of the CBS development deal for JM. To beat Archie’s announcement of Fox development deal? Why such an early announcement of Kalinda’s departure? Fox show is probably in full speed pre production with Archie’s name at the top of the project, filming as soon as TGW wraps S6. Couldn’t be kept a secret in the industry. Count episodes 6x01-6x22. Grand total 133 episodes; 52 (approx. 40%) in exile from the lead.

So I think TGW S6 story planning went like this.
There’s a big board. They put a line down the middle.
At the top of left column, they write ‘Alicia’, at the bottom, ‘the outcome of the election’. Craft the story arc to get to the endpoint.
At the top of right column, they write ‘Kalinda’, at the bottom, ‘gone’. The story arc being played out with Cary and Bishop and Lana is all in service of Kalinda’s departure.

Sometimes I’m wrong. Sometimes I’m not wrong. It’s all conjecture.

Last edited by thekalindashow; 12-31-2014 at 11:18 PM
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All the following is WAG (wild ass guess)
loving it! adopting it!

Quote:
I think there was no S7 offer for Archie, but I think it was a mutual decision. If you connect the dots, in retrospect, it’s all been there to read since S4.
even before

Quote:
The Feud: I’m sure JM’s the initiator but Archie shows signs of being pretty fed up with it by now. She tweets that she only has 8 episodes before she LEAVES! The CAPS are mine but the exclamation point is hers! Only a dozen more weeks and she’s free of the feud. What if the cause is not exotic or mysterious? What if it’s about what feuds have been about for millennia? Money mostly, jealousy, power?
Pretty sure there's nothing wildly original about it yeah.

Quote:
S6 2014 – Curious is the timing of the announcement of the CBS development deal for JM. To beat Archie’s announcement of Fox development deal? Why such an early announcement of Kalinda’s departure? Fox show is probably in full speed pre production with Archie’s name at the top of the project, filming as soon as TGW wraps S6. Couldn’t be kept a secret in the industry. Count episodes 6x01-6x22. Grand total 133 episodes; 52 (approx. 40%) in exile from the lead.
such a waste!

Quote:
Sometimes I’m wrong. Sometimes I’m not wrong. It’s all conjecture.
I really wouldn't be surprised if you were in the ballpark