Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2014, 04:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by good scottish wife (View Post)
So I wonder if anybody will have the courage to ask our dear Archie, on Twitter, about her and JM's relationship? I know Archie will be very sweet and say how much she admires JM. She's too sweet to say anything bad against anyone.
Also. Does she know about all the Kalicia fanfic?
Personally, I think that if someone asks her, she just won't answer. Not because she doesn't want to, but because she doesn't want to put her possible ''battle'' with JM in public. If by now noone on the show said a thing about their relationship I am sure we won't hear any details any time soon.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So I wonder if anybody will have the courage to ask our dear Archie, on Twitter, about her and JM's relationship? I know Archie will be very sweet and say how much she admires JM. She's too sweet to say anything bad against anyone.
Yeah I don't think she'll ever comment on the record about that. She said all she's ever going to say, which is she loved that relationship and that she's disappointed they put a definitive kill on it.

She's only just starting on twitter but I think the fact she's not following anyone TGW related is telling.

For now she seems to be swamped in tweets and saying thanks in several languages, and getting more followers every day. I'll keep an eye on it though.

She's already praised Jill Flint for being great to work with... and ofc she didn't mention the right Jill Flint but it's ok

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hope not! If anyone should comment on that, it's not her. She has said those sweet and polite words for too many times.

Quote:
She's only just starting on twitter but I think the fact she's not following anyone TGW related is telling.
lol True! But it's also possible she is still figuring out how to follow people? I'm an evil fan I know
She hasn't commented anything on Kalinda's leaving, not even on twitter. Is it normal?

Quote:
A development deal is a good thing because it shows FOX is interested in her as an actress and not just casting someone with a profile for a specific part.

FOX has been known to be trigger happy in the past but since it's a development deal, they'll probably have to present her with other projects if this one doesn't go through so fingers crossed for her!
What's a development deal exactly? Can you explain it Fluff?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by good scottish wife (View Post)
I personally wouldn't ask either of those questions since I think it is putting Archie on the spot, and possibly asking her to lie (obviously she can just decline to answer of course.)

The first about JM basically requires her to make a public affirmation of support for the person who at best has made her professional situation very awkward for near on two years; and at worst has driven her out of her favourite role and the most high profile job she's ever held. Whatever the specifics of what has happened behind the scenes, Archie is not in a position to give her honest opinion about it.

The second has such a nasty history of being asked by "journalists" to embarrass actors, I'd hate to see a fan do it. The actor risks offending some of their most devoted fans by not being enthusiastic about fanfic, when they might well have a reasonable objection to it, or just complete ignorance about it.

We have no idea if Archie knows that fic about her character exists. She might well! She might even think that people being sufficiently moved by Alicia/Kalinda to write fanfic honours the commitment she made to playing Kalinda Sharma with such inspiring dedication. On the other hand, she might find it personally violating to have strangers describing her body and using it in explicit sexual situations. I don't know...I do know that Archie is perfectly free to tweet something like "Thanks to all the fans who found Kalinda inspiring enough to create fanfiction based on her" and unless she does, I'll assume she doesn't have an opinion on it.

Don't get me wrong, I really like being able to ask questions of people in creative fields about their work. (I've recently gotten a massive kick from hearing director Rosemary Rodriguez answer questions I emailed.) But I like to keep the 4th Wall between creators and fan-created transformative works intact!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

It was awkward as heck to even read Matt's response to the JM/AP deal. He did good side-stepping that one!

- Mel
Old 10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Matt's response? Who asked him and what did he say?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlegaspi (View Post)
Matt's response? Who asked him and what did he say?
The Good Wife’s Secret Weapon: Matt Czuchry on Cary Agos’s Terrible, Horrible Year

When the announcement that was made that she was leaving, there were all these reports surfacing counting the number of episodes that have passed since Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi shared a scene together. It’s a lot of episodes.

Yes, I’m familiar with that. So much of that is story driven, in terms of where those two characters are. It’s story driven, just as Kalinda and Cary getting closer together is or Alicia, Diane, and Cary getting closer together is, Kalinda and Alicia’s characters have grown farther apart. That’s the way the whole show is dictated, by the stories that are organic to tell.

So there’s no behind-the-scenes discord going on?

It’s all story driven, as far as that’s concerned. Anything beyond that is a question to talk to the Kings about, not really a question for me. It’s story driven and it’s a showrunner’s world.

- Mel
Old 10-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you, Full Throttle! Well, 35 episodes are story driven... I see...
Old 10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But it's also possible she is still figuring out how to follow people? I'm an evil fan I know
She hasn't commented anything on Kalinda's leaving, not even on twitter. Is it normal?
Not exactly usual in any case. Maybe she finally joined twitter because she figured she could talk about something other than TGW. She's definitely avoiding the subject.

Quote:
What's a development deal exactly? Can you explain it Fluff?
It depends on the terms of the deal I guess but usually networks offer "development deals" to actors they really want to work with. Then they offer them parts or let them get in on the creative level in the development of shows to pick something they like. Once the pilot is shot, if it doesn't test well and it doesn't end up on the air, or if nothing they offer is attractive, they have a number of years to offer other projects.

Quote:
On the other hand, she might find it personally violating to have strangers describing her body and using it in explicit sexual situations.
I have often wondered how weird it must be for an actress in that situation. I think the fanfic in itself must be flattering but it has to be awkward

Quote:
(I've recently gotten a massive kick from hearing director Rosemary Rodriguez answer questions I emailed.)
I her. It was so cool to see her work on the set. She's such a positive person.

Quote:
It was awkward as heck to even read Matt's response to the JM/AP deal. He did good side-stepping that one!
it was masterful! And he said it like 3 times. "It's story driven and leave me alone because I can't answer that"
It must also be awkward for him, being as close as he is to Archie.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
Is ridiculous how everyone seems to be on the same tune here, SMH. Having Matt even side step that. SMH

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Matt

Can't wait to hear Christine's response on this

I asked Archie if she was heading to LA for her new show on Twitter and she said she didn't know yet and she won't know for 6 months at least. Hope she stays in NY As far as I'm concerned Fox shoots in LA though.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter •
Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
New Fan

I tweeted Archie 3 times but haven't got a response back😥 Feeling disheartened. Is 3 tweets too much? I don't think I sounded too stalkerish! Lol. My handle on Twitter is sandrablack78. In case anyone has seen my tweet to Archie.

Last edited by good scottish wife; 10-30-2014 at 07:53 PM Reason: Typo
Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Eug, Gotham is on FOX and films in New York. Sleepy Hollow too if I'm not mistaken?

Edit: Sleepy Hollow is in North Carolina.
I made my icon.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Eug, Gotham is on FOX and films in New York.
I think they try to film everything in LA and move it somewhere else if they have to, like with Gotham since NY is probably the best choice to fake Gotham City.

Anyway, I hope she stays in NY! Guess it will depend on the show...

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter •
Old 10-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I asked Archie if she was heading to LA for her new show on Twitter and she said she didn't know yet and she won't know for 6 months at least. Hope she stays in NY As far as I'm concerned Fox shoots in LA though.
Well, if she asks nicely... and no they don't. Sleepy Hollow is shooting in NC.

Quote:
Eug, Gotham is on FOX and films in New York. Sleepy Hollow too if I'm not mistaken?

Quote:
I tweeted Archie 3 times but haven't got a response back�� Feeling disheartened. Is 3 tweets too much?
She hasn't tweeted regularly. Don't give up. And no it's not too much. It's just bad timing. She'll reply

I'm Bad_Fluffy on twitter btw