Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2015, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
anyone interested in pics of Jill?
Always.
I made my icon.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I'm mostly interested in news that she may return to the TGW to wrap up her story line with Kalinda. One can only hope....but pictures will be welcomed aswell!
Same here. I'm mostly interested in news that she may return to the TGW. But I have to be happy if they mention Lana's name and Kalinda shows that she cares about her and wants to protect her from Bishop. Any guesses if whatever Bishop wants from Kalinda that has to do with her FBI girlfriend? Hopefully, they'll let K/L leave together even if it's just implied.

In the meantime, I love this pic:

Old 01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm mostly interested in news that she may return to the TGW to wrap up her story line with Kalinda.
You and me both! (and a lot of others )

Quote:
But I have to be happy if they mention Lana's name and Kalinda shows that she cares about her and wants to protect her from Bishop
TGW has a tendency to forget characters even exist when they're off screen. It wouldn't be the first Lana-Kalinda storyline that was airlocked. Remember the tape and the whole FBI investigation into Childs and Peter? but this time they are using it to get Kalinda out so they can't just pretend it didn't happen

Quote:
In the meantime, I love this pic:
awwww she's so cute (and hot, let's be honest ) and I found it in HD just in case you want to count her freckles or something

and it's part of this photoshoot (click for HD pics)

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh, ofcourse they can act like it didn't happen. It's a Kalinda story line, you know?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

No spoilers. Jill was asked about Lana and Kalinda. We can only speculate where they might be taking the storyline. It sounds like they wanted her for eight episodes and had to cram everything into three. It think there's a good chance K/L will be together at the end, they'll just have to somehow do everything offscreen.

Quote:
Is Jill Flint returning to The Good Wife later this season? Lana is so connected to the Bishop/Kalinda story arc. –Eve

Although Flint at this time is not (yet?) scheduled for another visit, she recognizes that Lana could (should?) figure into Archie Panjabi’s exit storyline. “There are a lot of fans who hope that that would happen – which makes me happy,” she shared at TCA, where she was promoting Season 2 of NBC’s The Night Shift – the source of occasional scheduling conflicts. “For a couple of seasons, [The Good Wife has] tried to give me an extensive arc with Archie, but unfortunately… we’re like ships in the night. We’ve never been able to fully realize it,” she noted. For her most recent, fall arc, “What they tried to do is take, like, eight episodes and cram it into three. So when Archie and I are together, we always try to infuse as much of the relationship as possible. Everything between the two characters is always between the lines.”
Source: TVLine
Old 01-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, ofcourse they can act like it didn't happen. It's a Kalinda story line, you know?

Quote:
Jill was asked about Lana and Kalinda.
I think it's pretty awesome she gets asked about a semi-recurring part in a tv show that gave her what? 3 episodes this year, while promoting a tv show where she's the female lead.

Quote:
We can only speculate where they might be taking the storyline. It sounds like they wanted her for eight episodes and had to cram everything into three.
But they knew she was in another show so wtf were they hoping for??

Quote:
It think there's a good chance K/L will be together at the end, they'll just have to somehow do everything offscreen.
Well, she's not shooting Night Shift on Mars. Maybe they'll be able to fly her to NYC for a couple of days to shoot a couple of scenes in the finale.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
But they knew she was in another show so wtf were they hoping for??
They must have contacted her early in the summer before her show was officially renewed. You know the Kings, always praying other people's show would get cancelled. I think they probably had ongoing conversations about the possibilities. It sounds like Archie made her decision to leave quite early too, long before they started shooting S6.

Quote:
Well, she's not shooting Night Shift on Mars. Maybe they'll be able to fly her to NYC for a couple of days to shoot a couple of scenes in the finale.
I think it's more a contractual restriction.

It's sad. The storyline would be so much better if we actually see Lana interacting with Kalinda. I'm not holding my breath on ever seeing Lana again, unless it's in flashbacks using old footages that they have already shot. I just hope they continue to mention her name. If the Kings knew all along they could only have Jill for three episodes, and they condensed the more ideal 8-episode arc into 3, then they must have plans for Kalinda to exit with Lana somehow. It wouldn't make sense for Kalinda to take Lana seriously now, of all times, and then to have nothing more happen to the relationship.

Everything points to Bishop wanting something from Kalinda that might involve Lana. Archie is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting in terms of showing emotions and showing the audience she cares about Lana. It would be so unsatisfactory if Kalinda gets all the scenes with Cary, and have no emotional moments that has anything to do with Lana (even if Lana isn't actually seen), and then to have Kalinda leave the show with Lana offscreen.

My hope is that Kalinda will have more scenes with Diane. Kalinda can confide in Diane about everything, including her relationship with Lana. I want to give the Kings the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they'll pull off a really good ending. But right now I don't trust them, at all.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know the Kings, always praying other people's show would get cancelled.
well that wouldn't happen if they gave contracts to people instead of throwing them one episode every 6 months :p

Quote:
I think they probably had ongoing conversations about the possibilities. It sounds like Archie made her decision to leave quite early too, long before they started shooting S6.
Oh yeah. Her contract was probably up and she chose to get another job, one where she would actually get something to do instead of renewing in a dying show who's criminally underusing her.

Quote:
I think it's more a contractual restriction.
I'm not sure about that because if it was, she wouldn't have been able to shoot the previous episodes either so I'm keeping some hope.

Quote:
I just hope they continue to mention her name. If the Kings knew all along they could only have Jill for three episodes, and they condensed the more ideal 8-episode arc into 3, then they must have plans for Kalinda to exit with Lana somehow.
I make a point never to believe anything coming from the Kings so I'm not sure about the 8 episode arc thing, especially since they never used her for more than a couple episodes each season when they could so it's a little ironic that suddenly they'd need her for that long.

Quote:
It wouldn't make sense for Kalinda to take Lana seriously now, of all times, and then to have nothing more happen to the relationship.
Absolutely. And TGW usually is a show that usually makes sense, especially when it comes to Kalinda
Seriously though, it would have been easy to cut those scenes altogether before the episodes aired so if they kept it, they must use that momentum somehow.

Quote:
It would be so unsatisfactory if Kalinda gets all the scenes with Cary, and have no emotional moments that has anything to do with Lana (even if Lana isn't actually seen), and then to have Kalinda leave the show with Lana offscreen.
We'll see. Unsatisfactory has been my private title for the show for a number of seasons now so I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
My hope is that Kalinda will have more scenes with Diane. Kalinda can confide in Diane about everything, including her relationship with Lana.
Damn, I hope so. Anyone but Cary or Alicia at this point... wait... who's left besides Diane, Cary and Alicia?

Quote:
I want to give the Kings the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they'll pull off a really good ending. But right now I don't trust them, at all.
They haven't done or said anything that warrants any kind of trust in a long time, especially when it comes to Kalinda. In fact, everything they do or say pretty much diminishes my faith in them, which is subzero at this point.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure about that because if it was, she wouldn't have been able to shoot the previous episodes either so I'm keeping some hope.
I think there are limits, and her show was on hiatus when she shot the 3-episode arc. But I'm keeping some hope too. Jill has been giving mixed signals.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But I'm keeping some hope too. Jill has been giving mixed signals.
I think so too. I think they are trying to work it out but she doesn't want to say anything not to get into trouble with her show, I get that.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Supreme Fan

I just hope it will happen. Would be weird to never see Lana again. I really hope they have their happy ending together. At least that would be something. I gave up all hope for a Alicia/Kalinda reunion, so this is the best it's gonna get imo. More Diane/Kalinda would be awesome aswell, tho I wouldn't expect Kalinda to talk to Diane about her love life. She never did that, right?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
More Diane/Kalinda would be awesome aswell, tho I wouldn't expect Kalinda to talk to Diane about her love life. She never did that, right?
The only person Kalinda has ever talked to about her personal life was Alicia. She talked to her about Nick and about being flexible (Lana's name even came up - 3x22). But other than Diane, Kalinda doesn't have anyone to talk to now. I don't expect her to talk to Cary unless it's along the line of telling him (again) that she wants to be with Lana.

I don't know how they're going to make it work. There are still 10 episodes left. If Kalinda does talk to Diane about Lana, I don't expect it to be a lengthy conversation, probably a brief mention of Lana's name in passing that might give the audience an indication that she is still seeing Lana. It would be a pleasant surprise if Diane and Kalinda have a sit down over drinks and pour their hearts out about their personal lives. It'll not only give us some insight into Kalinda's thinking about Lana, but also give Diane/Kalinda a chance to bond.

Jill keeps hinting that there was a point to Kalinda letting her hair down literally and figuratively with Lana. Even TheGoodWifeWriters on Twitter sort of acknowledged it was a significant development. So I think it has to lead to something eventually.

I just want some satisfactory onscreen moments with Kalinda acknowledging her feelings for Lana, either through her conversations with someone (Diane, Bishop, Cary?), or actually seeing her in a scene with Lana again, or both.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just hope it will happen. Would be weird to never see Lana again. I really hope they have their happy ending together. At least that would be something.
I know, right? At least that's a relationship everyone can get behind! Well, I'm not counting the homophobes and the Kalinda haters obviously but **** them

Quote:
I gave up all hope for a Alicia/Kalinda reunion, so this is the best it's gonna get imo.
Yeah it won't happen so they need to make it up to Kalinda.
At least Lana cares about her

Quote:
More Diane/Kalinda would be awesome aswell, tho I wouldn't expect Kalinda to talk to Diane about her love life. She never did that, right?
She never did talk to anyone about anything so guess not

Quote:
I don't expect her to talk to Cary unless it's along the line of telling him (again) that she wants to be with Lana.
I hope so!

Quote:
Jill keeps hinting that there was a point to Kalinda letting her hair down literally and figuratively with Lana
Well, Archie said herself, before that, that she didn't think we'd ever see Kalinda with her hair down because it would be like seeing her naked and it would take a very very special situation for her to make herself that vulnerable so it definitely was significant.

Plus we know that Archie and Jill work a lot on those scenes because nothing is left to chance with those two. such talented and dedicated actresses

Quote:
I just want some satisfactory onscreen moments with Kalinda acknowledging her feelings for Lana, either through her conversations with someone (Diane, Bishop, Cary?), or actually seeing her in a scene with Lana again, or both.
I would really love Jill to come back but if she can't, I hope they at least give us something that points to that.

Last edited by Gelfling; 02-04-2015 at 07:39 PM
Old 02-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ugh…why do we have photos of Jill with that man? Don't remind me of that horrible show that took Lana away from us. But Jill is a cutie.

Quote:
At least that's a relationship everyone can get behind! Well, I'm not counting the homophobes and the Kalinda haters obviously but **** them

Quote:
Well, Archie said herself, before that, that she didn't think we'd ever see Kalinda with her hair down because it would be like seeing her naked and it would take a very very special situation for her to make herself that vulnerable so it definitely was significant.
I would really like to hear Archie's input on this. It's a major step and major change for her character. I'm sure it was written in the script, it's not something the director and the actresses just decided to try out during rehearsal. I think the Kings needed something to speed up the progress of this relationship because they had to cram 8 episodes into 3.

Hair down = Cramming

Quote:
Plus we know that Archie and Jill work a lot on those scenes because nothing is left to chance with those two
Every single look, gesture and small touch matters! That's why it was criminal for them to cut short the "I take you seriously" scene. Even a look or a touch (maybe even a small kiss) would have helped advance the relationship visually. The hair down episode (6x08) was very visual.

BTW, speaking of Diane earlier, I thought it was kind of odd that Diane never said anything about Cary's outburst at the FBI office. I know Bishop's threat was a more urgent matter, but I thought she should have reacted to it even if it's just with a look. Maybe the subject will come up again. We know that Diane now knows about Kalinda and Lana, so maybe she'll ask Kalinda about what's going on with her life.

This is what cramming looks like on TGW…

Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ugh…why do we have photos of Jill with that man? Don't remind me of that horrible show that took Lana away from us. But Jill is a cutie.
I know! It's not bad enough that's it's a terrible show and that they underuse her, it had to be just when TGW finally decided to use Lana after 4 years!

Quote:
I would really like to hear Archie's input on this. It's a major step and major change for her character. I'm sure it was written in the script, it's not something the director and the actresses just decided to try out during rehearsal.
With those two, who knows? They already turned a couple of lines into a whole scene a few years back but hey, go on and ask Archie on twitter!

Quote:
I think the Kings needed something to speed up the progress of this relationship because they had to cram 8 episodes into 3.
That would be nicely done, for once, which is unusual

Quote:
Hair down = Cramming

Quote:
Every single look, gesture and small touch matters! That's why it was criminal for them to cut short the "I take you seriously" scene. Even a look or a touch (maybe even a small kiss) would have helped advance the relationship visually. The hair down episode (6x08) was very visual.
They are both such subtle actresses! And they use so much of stuff in between the lines!

Quote:
BTW, speaking of Diane earlier, I thought it was kind of odd that Diane never said anything about Cary's outburst at the FBI office. I know Bishop's threat was a more urgent matter, but I thought she should have reacted to it even if it's just with a look.
Right?? but then maybe she was too busy thinking "I can't wait to tell my husband about it... wait... where did disappear to?"

Quote:
Maybe the subject will come up again. We know that Diane now knows about Kalinda and Lana, so maybe she'll ask Kalinda about what's going on with her life.
If they're going to solve this thing with Lana off screen, they'll have to get Kalinda to talk to someone about it. PLEEEEEEEEASE let it be Diane and not Cary!

Quote:
This is what cramming looks like on TGW…
Hey if that means more picspam, I'm happy to bitch about it for as long as it takes