Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2017, 03:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Yep, it was meant to be a full circle. First her mother got pregnant very early and then she is getting pregnant early too.
The thing is that being pregnant @22 is not really shocking to start with. Yes, it's early, but it's not 16 (aka the age when L got pregnant). Tons of girls are getting preggo at that age and considering that she has rich parents nothing bad would've happened to them.
Ofcourse it was shocking to them, but considering that writers put it as final story makes me think they wanted to shock audience too and it just fell flat.
IMO.
Can see you see it that way Makes sense!

How I always saw it: the ''shock'' had nothing to do with their age. It had everything to do with how unprepared they were. And that came full circle.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Can see you see it that way Makes sense!

How I always saw it: the ''shock'' had nothing to do with their age. It had everything to do with how unprepared they were. And that came full circle.
Well, yeah. But Rory is grown enough to know that unprotected sex will make you preggo.
They need another season set like 15 years in future when Rory's daughter will get pregnant too.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Well, yeah. But Rory is grown enough to know that unprotected sex will make you preggo.
They need another season set like 15 years in future when Rory's daughter will get pregnant too.

There are couples who get pregnant, because the condom broke, or something like that. It's not a 100% guarantee, so it can happen to everyone
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There are couples who get pregnant, because the condom broke, or something like that. It's not a 100% guarantee, so it can happen to everyone
less than 1% chance but in movies and tv shows, it happens way more than that

Quote:
That's a good point actually, especially considering Logan is also having sex with someone else. Apparently this is not the 90ies anymore but yeah hmmm STDs are still a thing, tv writers and pregnant is not the worst thing you can get from unprotected sex with multiple partners.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Network tv is dying a slow death. Numbers are taking a huge dive for every show and still they keep trying the same thing over and over.

It's like they think if they keep trying, Netflix and cable will disappear

Old 02-09-2017, 01:13 AM
Extreme Fan

The thing is that Netflix is pretty much like network television and lost everything that made in unique, tbh. IMO.
I'm also sick of cable "main hero is drug addict".
Old 02-10-2017, 03:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Network tv is dying a slow death. Numbers are taking a huge dive for every show and still they keep trying the same thing over and over.

It's like they think if they keep trying, Netflix and cable will disappear
Yeah, I wonder what the future holds. I wouldn't be surprised if more and more were to be produced by Netflix, or similiar sites.

There's a nice discount on several blu-ray boxes in the Netherlands atm. Thinking of getting the House of Cards 1-4 box, aswell as Orange is the New Black 1-3. Tried HoC once for a few episodes and then quit, because there were no likeable characters, but everyone keeps saying I should keep watching. For 30 bucks...sure I saw the pilot from Orange. Liked it, but never continued it for some reason, so.

Not that I will watch them anytime soon though. Still watching McLeod's Daugthers on dvd and then we have this weekly list of shows that we watch: Bones, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med, This is Us, Grey's Anatomy, How to get away with Murder, Big Bang Theory. Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time are also part of the schedule, but they are not on the air yet. Then we also have our dvd's where we rewatch things, or binge watch shows that we wanted to watch in a row (Homeland in the future - tho we saw the first 3 already, Person of Interest in the past...Fringe..Newsroom, etc). Good thing Jos has two weeks of holiday coming up
Old 02-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The thing is that Netflix is pretty much like network television and lost everything that made in unique, tbh. IMO.
Well that's not entirely true. They just make what people want to watch, or what they think people want to watch, as extrapolated from what people do watch on Netflix. There are more misses than hits lately though, mostly because people are idiots who will watch anything but also because they are trying to hit too wide, imo.

They're still making extraordinary niche shows like The OA but obviously it's one in 10 shows now and they are not going to get much traction from these because they are not made for the masses.

Quote:
I'm also sick of cable "main hero is drug addict".
is that a thing, really? I don't watch many shows on cable anymore.

Quote:
Yeah, I wonder what the future holds. I wouldn't be surprised if more and more were to be produced by Netflix, or similiar sites.
or Amazon. They are in a unique position to know what appeals to viewers, and to be free of Nielsen ratings. They get real numbers and real demographics of actual audiences. Not just crystal ball statistical projections.

They're going to have to be more discerning though. And more careful in terms of production quality.

Season ratings are massively down on every network for almost every show, even those who were hits just last year so I think they're going to have to either rethink their model or just do reality tv

Quote:
Tried HoC once for a few episodes and then quit, because there were no likeable characters, but everyone keeps saying I should keep watching. For 30 bucks...sure I saw the pilot from Orange. Liked it, but never continued it for some reason, so.
I wouldn't pay for OITNB but HoC had a great couple of seasons.

Quote:
Good thing Jos has two weeks of holiday coming up
Heh tv holidays are not bad

I'm not watching any show currently airing. I'm waiting for Black Sails to end so I can catch up but besides that, none of the mid-season shows grabbed me and the long running shows are just not for me I guess.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I miss these days when Netflix was indie and hip.
Yep, I think every cable show has this story. Sans TWD and GOT probably. I was watching Knick and it was such a good medical show before they moved focus on main character addiction.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Well that's not entirely true. They just make what people want to watch, or what they think people want to watch, as extrapolated from what people do watch on Netflix. There are more misses than hits lately though, mostly because people are idiots who will watch anything but also because they are trying to hit too wide, imo.

They're still making extraordinary niche shows like The OA but obviously it's one in 10 shows now and they are not going to get much traction from these because they are not made for the masses.

is that a thing, really? I don't watch many shows on cable anymore.

or Amazon. They are in a unique position to know what appeals to viewers, and to be free of Nielsen ratings. They get real numbers and real demographics of actual audiences. Not just crystal ball statistical projections.

They're going to have to be more discerning though. And more careful in terms of production quality.

Season ratings are massively down on every network for almost every show, even those who were hits just last year so I think they're going to have to either rethink their model or just do reality tv

I wouldn't pay for OITNB but HoC had a great couple of seasons.

Heh tv holidays are not bad

I'm not watching any show currently airing. I'm waiting for Black Sails to end so I can catch up but besides that, none of the mid-season shows grabbed me and the long running shows are just not for me I guess.
Weren't you watching Homeland atm?
Old 02-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I miss these days when Netflix was indie and hip.
Heh well they got popular so...

Quote:
Yep, I think every cable show has this story. Sans TWD and GOT probably. I was watching Knick and it was such a good medical show before they moved focus on main character addiction.
Ah. Well, I am not a fan of Soderbergh and the first season felt pretty flat so I didn't mourn for it really.

Quote:
Weren't you watching Homeland atm?
Nope. I was so bored by the first episode of the season, I decided to wait for a few episodes to air so I can watch and decide if I'm going to watch more.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Yep but there are lot of more examples to it. Nurse Jackie, Sopranos, Homeland, etc. It's just so boring most of the times.
Maybe when cable was on the rise it was original (even when broadcast networks did it before), but pretty much every freaking cable show had this plot.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Heh well they got popular so...

Ah. Well, I am not a fan of Soderbergh and the first season felt pretty flat so I didn't mourn for it really.

Nope. I was so bored by the first episode of the season, I decided to wait for a few episodes to air so I can watch and decide if I'm going to watch more.
That explains it If I have to believe some people around me it's a good season so far.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep but there are lot of more examples to it. Nurse Jackie, Sopranos, Homeland, etc. It's just so boring most of the times.
Well it's the main topic of Nurse Jackie and it's a great show so I don't see it as a generic gimmick like in The Knick. I can't tell about the others but in a lot of shows, it's used as an excuse when they have no idea what to do, it's true.

Quote:
That explains it If I have to believe some people around me it's a good season so far.
My sister is watching it and she thought the same about the premiere as I did, but she's enjoying the other episodes. I'll probably check it later. I guess I'm not really in the mood for a show centered around terrorism. Seems like there's way too much of it in the world for me to look for it in my escape time.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well it's the main topic of Nurse Jackie and it's a great show so I don't see it as a generic gimmick like in The Knick. I can't tell about the others but in a lot of shows, it's used as an excuse when they have no idea what to do, it's true.

My sister is watching it and she thought the same about the premiere as I did, but she's enjoying the other episodes. I'll probably check it later. I guess I'm not really in the mood for a show centered around terrorism. Seems like there's way too much of it in the world for me to look for it in my escape time.
Yep, that's it. I enjoyed Nurse Jackie too, but it kinda overstayed it's welcome. It wasn't a good example, I guess. But a lot of shows really do this for ratings stunt and cheap drama. There are some few good examples of it obviously, but for the most part it's bad.