Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it always depends on your frame of mind. The only show I'm always in the mood for would be Gilmore Girls. But yeah, if you need something relaxing it could be a nice contender.
What did you think of the GG revival?

Quote:
Jos and I rewatch a lot of stuff. Of course once we saw a show there are some details we will not forget, but it doesn't bother us, because we always find new stuff within an episode.
There are a few things I don't mind rewatching, even though I know almost everything by now. The West Wing, The Newsroom, Orphan Black, Star Trek Next Generation.

Quote:
Males suffer from sexism too, despite what some people think.
no they don't but the playboys who build their whole careers on their looks and don't have much else to go on, sure they suffer from age

Quote:
This movie is a great mix of comedy/drama.
I'll definitely try it.

Quote:
Osage was too dark...
Yeah it's bleak for sure. And honestly, the play did a better job at dark humor than the movie did.

Quote:
And with Benedict Cucumbershajakch whom I loathe.
God the male casting in that movie was horrible.

Quote:
Googled Miss Sloane and cast looks good, but I'm not a fan of lead actress.
I don't think I've ever seen her in a part I didn't like and that includes that stupid Hunstman movie but she and Emily Blunt were the only good things about it.

Quote:
Also saw Short Term 12 with Brie Larson and Mr. Robot guy, a very good movie.
Oooh I loved it! Talk about a movie that could have gone all wrong but really didn't. I loved the short but didn't even know it was turned into a feature length movie until I saw it last year.
I didn't even remember Rami Malek was in it. Brie Larson and John Gallagher, yeah. They were all pretty good and it could have been very bleak too but it ended up being more uplifting than I thought it'd be.

Watched Silence yesterday. Just didn't like it. It feels so monotonous and one-sided. Maybe if they had also shown what the Jesuits did in Japan before they started getting persecuted, or had mentioned the irony since they had done the same to non Christians during the Inquisition in Europe... but nope.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-29-2017, 01:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

There are a few things I don't mind rewatching, even though I know almost everything by now. The West Wing, The Newsroom, Orphan Black, Star Trek Next Generation.

no they don't but the playboys who build their whole careers on their looks and don't have much else to go on, sure they suffer from age

I'll definitely try it.

Yeah it's bleak for sure. And honestly, the play did a better job at dark humor than the movie did.

God the male casting in that movie was horrible.

I don't think I've ever seen her in a part I didn't like and that includes that stupid Hunstman movie but she and Emily Blunt were the only good things about it.

Oooh I loved it! Talk about a movie that could have gone all wrong but really didn't. I loved the short but didn't even know it was turned into a feature length movie until I saw it last year.
I didn't even remember Rami Malek was in it. Brie Larson and John Gallagher, yeah. They were all pretty good and it could have been very bleak too but it ended up being more uplifting than I thought it'd be.

Watched Silence yesterday. Just didn't like it. It feels so monotonous and one-sided. Maybe if they had also shown what the Jesuits did in Japan before they started getting persecuted, or had mentioned the irony since they had done the same to non Christians during the Inquisition in Europe... but nope.
Kevin was never a playboy, though. He is DAD material, but def. not a hottie young girls will lust over.
I like Ewan and that creepy guy who wanted to have sex with Julia Roberts daughter is okayish. I hate Bendict though. He and Tom Hardy are the worst popular actors IMO and they have a movie together... Ugh, it was hell.
Speaking about Ewan. There is a Trainspotting sequal that was just released. I never saw original one but I heard good things. The reviews are okay, very good for a sequel actually.
Brie Larson is so amazing. Sadly King Kong movie will ruin her career probably
Adam Driver is in Silence... My 3rd most hated actor.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kevin was never a playboy, though. He is DAD material, but def. not a hottie young girls will lust over.
you haven't lived through the 90ies have you? I guess times were different back then (I feel so old) but he and Mel Gibson were the hotties of their time. I know they don't really seem like hottie material now that the hotties are all 20-something from Disney tv shows but yeah girls were actually lusting over them.

Quote:
I like Ewan and that creepy guy who wanted to have sex with Julia Roberts daughter is okayish.
I liked McGregor in Trainspotting. I don't have anything against him personally, he seems nice, but his acting makes me cringe.
Have you seen that movie he directed with Jennifer Connelly btw?

Quote:
I hate Bendict though.
I really just don't get it. He's in a Brit show, ok but is that enough to make a talentless ugly dude hot and brilliant? I guess it is.

Quote:
He and Tom Hardy are the worst popular actors IMO and they have a movie together... Ugh, it was hell.
I disagree on Tom Hardy. Well, he's not done great lately but I think it's mostly due to terrible choices. First time I noticed him was in Star Trek Nemesis and he killed in that movie. Next part I saw him in, I didn't even recognize him. He's a rare chameleon actor but the parts aren't always up to his talent.

That Batman crap? Ugh.

Quote:
Speaking about Ewan. There is a Trainspotting sequal that was just released. I never saw original one but I heard good things. The reviews are okay, very good for a sequel actually.
Sequels done 20 years later usually spell greed to me but this one apparently is based on the sequel to the novel the first movie was based on, and it would have happened earlier if McGregor hadn't been having a girl fight with Danny Boyle over him not getting a part he wanted (ego, ego )
Now they're buddies again, and kinda desperate for parts, they're making it. You should totally check the first one. Just don't forget to get subtitles because between the Scottish accents and the slang, half the movie's dialog is incomprehensible

Quote:
Brie Larson is so amazing. Sadly King Kong movie will ruin her career probably
I know! What the ****?? Her agent should get fired! Like into space!
The Marvel move was bad enough but King Kong? come on!

Quote:
Adam Driver is in Silence... My 3rd most hated actor.
well I have no idea who he is but he sucks in the movie.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

It was everything I wanted it to be honestly. The ending was way better than the original series and it was just great to see my favorite characters again. Once again they proved why they were my favorite characters. It's this little perfect town that I wish I lived in. There was one boring part (a musical) within one of the four episodes, but it only took 10 minutes fortunately.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
you haven't lived through the 90ies have you? I guess times were different back then (I feel so old) but he and Mel Gibson were the hotties of their time. I know they don't really seem like hottie material now that the hotties are all 20-something from Disney tv shows but yeah girls were actually lusting over them.

I liked McGregor in Trainspotting. I don't have anything against him personally, he seems nice, but his acting makes me cringe.
Have you seen that movie he directed with Jennifer Connelly btw?

I really just don't get it. He's in a Brit show, ok but is that enough to make a talentless ugly dude hot and brilliant? I guess it is.

I disagree on Tom Hardy. Well, he's not done great lately but I think it's mostly due to terrible choices. First time I noticed him was in Star Trek Nemesis and he killed in that movie. Next part I saw him in, I didn't even recognize him. He's a rare chameleon actor but the parts aren't always up to his talent.

That Batman crap? Ugh.

Sequels done 20 years later usually spell greed to me but this one apparently is based on the sequel to the novel the first movie was based on, and it would have happened earlier if McGregor hadn't been having a girl fight with Danny Boyle over him not getting a part he wanted (ego, ego )
Now they're buddies again, and kinda desperate for parts, they're making it. You should totally check the first one. Just don't forget to get subtitles because between the Scottish accents and the slang, half the movie's dialog is incomprehensible

I know! What the ****?? Her agent should get fired! Like into space!
The Marvel move was bad enough but King Kong? come on!

well I have no idea who he is but he sucks in the movie.
I understand that they were attractive but they definitely were not heartthrobs for teenagers and Kevin actually had a lot of serious roles.
I completely agree on Benedict. But Tom is pretty much the same, except for the fact he is somewhat physically attractive. He is very one note and he looks like an ******* in real life. Have you heard about his show taboo?
Ewan is a good actor, but he is definitely more "indie" type of actor than a mainstream one. He is very, let's say, early Tim Burton type of actor... If it makes any sense, lol.
Speaking about Brie Larson. Marvel movie either will do wonders for her career or won't do any damage and everything will stay the same. Most marvel movies got okay/good reviews. Considering that *according to rumors, but we all know it will turn out as gospel truth* Wonder Woman is awful, Ms Marvel can actually be a game changer or sort of.
King Kong, on the other hand, will be a total flop. 190 million production budget is already a mess and they are planning a shared universe with... Godzilla. 2014 Godzilla was even worse than 1998 one. Yeah, I said it. And it wasn't that big of a hit. It's like a second DC universe lol.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was everything I wanted it to be honestly.
It seems people were in such a huff about it over Rory and Logan's thing. I mean... come on people!

Quote:
I understand that they were attractive but they definitely were not heartthrobs for teenagers and Kevin actually had a lot of serious roles.
Because he lobbied hard for them. For JFK for example. But he's really not that good and he's still getting parts so it's all good.

Quote:
He is very one note and he looks like an ******* in real life. Have you heard about his show taboo?
I have seen the trailer and boy, did that look like a hard pass for me
I dont know much about him personally really.

Quote:
Ewan is a good actor, but he is definitely more "indie" type of actor than a mainstream one. He is very, let's say, early Tim Burton type of actor... If it makes any sense, lol.
He's never really convinced me in anything except Trainspotting but hey, at least he's sticking to parts he feels comfortable with, which is good.

Quote:
Speaking about Brie Larson. Marvel movie either will do wonders for her career or won't do any damage and everything will stay the same. Most marvel movies got okay/good reviews.
I hope for her. On the other hand, she's also a very indie actress so I'm sure she'll go on even if that movie failed. She might not get as many mainstream movie offers (I still can't believe they actually lobbied her and Tatiana Maslany to play Sarah Connor in that ridiculous Terminator sequel ) but she'll keep getting great parts in indies.

Quote:
Considering that *according to rumors, but we all know it will turn out as gospel truth* Wonder Woman is awful, Ms Marvel can actually be a game changer or sort of.
Hopefully because if it fails, the future of female comics movies is pretty ****ed. I hear they are making Painkiller Jane, which is a good sign but again, it'd better not be a critical and commercial failure or it'll all be because it's a female lead

Quote:
King Kong, on the other hand, will be a total flop. 190 million production budget is already a mess and they are planning a shared universe with... Godzilla. 2014 Godzilla was even worse than 1998 one. Yeah, I said it. And it wasn't that big of a hit. It's like a second DC universe lol.
And the last King Kong remake already was a total uber-expensive mess. Why do they keep trying?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It seems people were in such a huff about it over Rory and Logan's thing. I mean... come on people!

Because he lobbied hard for them. For JFK for example. But he's really not that good and he's still getting parts so it's all good.

I have seen the trailer and boy, did that look like a hard pass for me
I dont know much about him personally really.

He's never really convinced me in anything except Trainspotting but hey, at least he's sticking to parts he feels comfortable with, which is good.

I hope for her. On the other hand, she's also a very indie actress so I'm sure she'll go on even if that movie failed. She might not get as many mainstream movie offers (I still can't believe they actually lobbied her and Tatiana Maslany to play Sarah Connor in that ridiculous Terminator sequel ) but she'll keep getting great parts in indies.

Hopefully because if it fails, the future of female comics movies is pretty ****ed. I hear they are making Painkiller Jane, which is a good sign but again, it'd better not be a critical and commercial failure or it'll all be because it's a female lead

And the last King Kong remake already was a total uber-expensive mess. Why do they keep trying?
According to the reviewer for Variety who has seen the first three episodes
- Tom Hardy and his father developed the show 'Taboo' for FX, so he literally created this role for himself.

- Tom Hardy cast himself as the biracial main character who is the product of a slave owner raping a slave, his mother. A big plot point in the first three episodes is his "realization that his father did not marry his mother so much as buy her; she was a slave bundled into a property deal".
I mean, if you are racist and/or stupid, at least try to hide it. Like... He is definition of white trash.
Glad Brie and Tatiana passed on Sarah Connor role. When 4th one flopped (and it was actually okayish movie, better than 3rd) Terminator was over. Emilia is terrible enough for this role.
2005 King Kong was good, but for 2005 207 million dollars were just too much. Also Jack Black.
The problem with new Godzilla/King Kong movies is that they are trying too hard to appeal to fanboys. Like that awful movie about big robots or ocean or something... Pacific Rim (?).
Old 02-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
2005 King Kong was good, but for 2005 207 million dollars were just too much. Also Jack Black.
Yeeeah and it really wasn't that great. Even the special effects were pretty much out of date by the time they made it.

Quote:
The problem with new Godzilla/King Kong movies is that they are trying too hard to appeal to fanboys. Like that awful movie about big robots or ocean or something... Pacific Rim (?).
Ugh. What a lousy movie! I love Del Toro but it's so obvious he did this for the money just so he could make movies he liked without having to care they would be commercial flops like Crimson Peak and Pinocchio
And they're making another one. Why? It tanked everywhere except China. And the Chinese market is huuuuge. Ok, it just was a massive hit there because it was released during the worst heat wave China has ever known and theatres have AC but that wont stop them making a second one

I haven't seen a good new show in months

Old 02-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeeeah and it really wasn't that great. Even the special effects were pretty much out of date by the time they made it.

Ugh. What a lousy movie! I love Del Toro but it's so obvious he did this for the money just so he could make movies he liked without having to care they would be commercial flops like Crimson Peak and Pinocchio
And they're making another one. Why? It tanked everywhere except China. And the Chinese market is huuuuge. Ok, it just was a massive hit there because it was released during the worst heat wave China has ever known and theatres have AC but that wont stop them making a second one

I haven't seen a good new show in months
Yeah, that iconic "running" scene, lol. But finale was very beautiful, IMO.
I have yet too see a good Del Toro movie... I only saw Hellboy and Pacific Rim, though.
It's one of those movies that barely made some cash and sequel will 100% flop, but they are still going for it. Sometimes I think I'm more clever than producers/writers, lol.
Yeah, I can't remember when I've seen a good new show too... Let's hope TGF is good.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
While I agree Rory's love life was a mess it was also very realistic. People screw (up), you know? I also like that the show came full circle this way. I like Logan, but the creator did a good way to show that he's really similiar to Chris. Of course he would help Rory with the kid and I'm sure Rory will allow him, but I don't see any romance in their future. Jess kind of mimics Luke, while Logan mimics Luke. That said, the main reason why I love the show so much is the chemistry between the two leads, aswell as Lorelai/Emily and all of those dynamics had closure...in an excellent way.

How to get Away with Murder started off pretty slow imo. It was a good episode and I'm excited where things will go tho. I don't know who killed Wes. I don't think Frank did it, he just confussed for Laurel imo. To make a good impression. To protect Annalise. Annalise also didn't do it and I don't think Bonnie did it. Maybe the Mahonies, or would that be too predictable? Of the Keating 5 I would only suspect Connor. If it isn't him...maybe someone from the DA?

Grey's Anatomy was great. I love how fans freaked out that it was a standalone episode, which only featured 3 main characters, but I love episodes like that. With a cast this big it's episodes like this that can really show character progress, you know? But hey, I must be easily sattisfied
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

A series of unfortunate events

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A series of unfortunate events
I couldn't get past the first episode. The painful Pushing Daisies reconstruction, without the magic, and Neil Patrick Harris turned into a caricature of himself was just too much for me.

Quote:
While I agree Rory's love life was a mess it was also very realistic. People screw (up), you know?
I think people who were disappointed by that storyline because it was "sleazy" were just idealizing the characters too much.

Quote:
Of course he would help Rory with the kid and I'm sure Rory will allow him, but I don't see any romance in their future.
I don't know where they'll go with that. Part of me hopes that Matt finds something better to do.

Quote:
aswell as Lorelai/Emily and all of those dynamics had closure...in an excellent way.
Lorelai is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I just have a real problem with her. I love Emily's characters, and ofc Kelly Bishop so that storyline was pretty good, although a bit dragged out, imo.

Quote:
Grey's Anatomy was great. I love how fans freaked out that it was a standalone episode, which only featured 3 main characters, but I love episodes like that.
Long running shows just have to break out of their formula every so often. The fans are usually not happy about it

Quote:
I have yet too see a good Del Toro movie... I only saw Hellboy and Pacific Rim, though.
Hey Hellboy is awesome. No, well, yeah it is but the Golden Army is better.
But yeah Pan's Labyrinth is a true masterpiece.

Quote:
It's one of those movies that barely made some cash and sequel will 100% flop, but they are still going for it. Sometimes I think I'm more clever than producers/writers, lol.
Heh the problem is that studios are ran like networks now. It's all about the hype. If they get people on "social media", and pseudo-journalists online to talk about it for 6 to 8 months before it's released, they can put it in their package and see their shares go up.

Movies are nothing but glorified toy commercials or Wall Street commercials now.

Quote:
Yeah, I can't remember when I've seen a good new show too... Let's hope TGF is good.
The more I read about it, the more worried I am but I guess we'll know soon.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Netlfix is kinda over. JJ and 1st and 4th season of OITNB remains their only good shows.
Well, them and HOC.
Rory and her mother were always a mess. Most people hated finale becuase It doesn't make sense. A 32 year old got pregnant? And? Like, what's the big deal? Obviously intended to be a shocking twist, it just came off like "ok?".

Last edited by ERussia; 02-04-2017 at 11:49 AM
Old 02-05-2017, 02:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Netlfix is kinda over. JJ and 1st and 4th season of OITNB remains their only good shows.
Well, them and HOC.
Rory and her mother were always a mess. Most people hated finale becuase It doesn't make sense. A 32 year old got pregnant? And? Like, what's the big deal? Obviously intended to be a shocking twist, it just came off like "ok?".
It was a ''shock'' for them, because Rory wasn't prepared for it, or trying to be pregnant in any way. This was the ending the creator wanted to end S7 with, so imagine if this ending had happened then...it would have added to the shock value.

And yes, they were always a mess fully intended though, it made the show realistic and fun imo.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
It was a ''shock'' for them, because Rory wasn't prepared for it, or trying to be pregnant in any way. This was the ending the creator wanted to end S7 with, so imagine if this ending had happened then...it would have added to the shock value.

And yes, they were always a mess fully intended though, it made the show realistic and fun imo.
Yep, it was meant to be a full circle. First her mother got pregnant very early and then she is getting pregnant early too.
The thing is that being pregnant @22 is not really shocking to start with. Yes, it's early, but it's not 16 (aka the age when L got pregnant). Tons of girls are getting preggo at that age and considering that she has rich parents nothing bad would've happened to them.
Ofcourse it was shocking to them, but considering that writers put it as final story makes me think they wanted to shock audience too and it just fell flat.
IMO.