Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes this is the plan for S6. I am gonna bitch about this, because of 3 month break but now that I know I can prepare
I wonder how it's going to work for production. It sounds like it's going to make it harder on the cast and crew to get other work

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I wonder how it's going to work for production. It sounds like it's going to make it harder on the cast and crew to get other work
I think it might still be the same. They are just gonna film more in advance. I would say they will be done by first week of April like every year.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it might still be the same. They are just gonna film more in advance. I would say they will be done by first week of April like every year.
Ok. So what's the point then?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The point is like with many serialized shows it is also sometimes screwing with story lines that they are forced to air one episode then 2-3 weeks off then 1 episode and off again for weeks to come... that's what they deal with midseason always if they don't do the splitseasons... i mean like season 4 where 413 stood alone and we then had to go weeks to get 414 that actually was rather connected storywise to 413... if they now make the half seasons orders they probably count on being aired so they can connect the episodes with most connect to each other followed closely in time not with 3 weeks in between... and they can leave the 11th episode with a mini season finale, and break off... and start the 12th as a new spring board...
it is a method more and more 22-24 episodes serialized shows are doing well actually the none serialized too... since the blacklist will be doing it as well... I assume TGW is getting the idea from ABC, where Greys, Scandal, OUAT, Revenge, have done it for some time... Greys started it... pretty sure that isnt a favor to anyone though... since it might mean RK decides to go for a Shonda like Cliffhanger for midseason...
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No more one week breaks here and there along the 9 months, I am guessing. Also allows them to structure the whole season into two arcs. I am guessing that's what RK sees.
Basically what Josie said, no stand alone episodes, etc.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

More and more shows are doing this--it's certainly not unique to the Good Wife. It solves a lot of the awkwardnesses of the spring half of the season, and it also allows them to try out short seasons of new shows without too much risk. I'm definitely in favor of it; it helps more than it hurts. It's a shame, however, that the whole concept of February sweeps is going away. I really liked the fact that, although the rest of the world got worse in February, television got better. Now February is just bleak all around! :-)
Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
No more one week breaks here and there along the 9 months, I am guessing. Also allows them to structure the whole season into two arcs. I am guessing that's what RK sees.
Basically what Josie said, no stand alone episodes, etc.
Jupp except i think he hopes this year they will be able to air 10+11 in december and then break and not have one or two in jan where one goes up against GG and such though they never do that bad against GG compared to other shows... and yeah it will make for him having two story archs....

Quote:
More and more shows are doing this--it's certainly not unique to the Good Wife. It solves a lot of the awkwardnesses of the spring half of the season, and it also allows them to try out short seasons of new shows without too much risk. I'm definitely in favor of it; it helps more than it hurts. It's a shame, however, that the whole concept of February sweeps is going away. I really liked the fact that, although the rest of the world got worse in February, television got better. Now February is just bleak all around! :-)
I am in favor of it for sure as well... though i think feb sweeps is very much going away because feb is being taken over by awards and sports events and no program other than the walking zombies can compeet there viewer/rating wise...

Last edited by Ladyjosie2412; 06-03-2014 at 06:36 AM
Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
it is a method more and more 22-24 episodes serialized shows are doing well actually the none serialized too... since the blacklist will be doing it as well
Yeah but it's not the same storyline. TGW is always going to have the case of the week stuff, and filler after filler with a little bit of whatever arc they thought up this season in between. I don't see them going fully serialized just because they have less breaks.

So I guess I see the point from a ratings point of view (well, it will stop the bleeders in the second half of the season anyway) but after all that bitching that RK did about the unfair advantage of shorter shows, I thought the split would be to have more time to write but obviously, that's not what it is.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah but it's not the same storyline. TGW is always going to have the case of the week stuff, and filler after filler with a little bit of whatever arc they thought up this season in between. I don't see them going fully serialized just because they have less breaks.
Sure but looking at the last few episodes this year it has been less and less case of the week... and there has been an article out of it becoming more serialized... i can't remember which one but i am sure kiki can... and it would still help them with however serialized they are now... like i said of late it isn't even just full on serialized ones... the blacklist has killer of the week and they will do it too..

Quote:
So I guess I see the point from a ratings point of view (well, it will stop the bleeders in the second half of the season anyway) but after all that bitching that RK did about the unfair advantage of shorter shows, I thought the split would be to have more time to write but obviously, that's not what it is.
yes the rating point... but sometimes it is also to try a midseason filler/replacement.... i don't CBS will do it with TGW though... it might stop some of the bleeders in the second half... yes... yeah well that could ahev made sense... but it isnt the point behind it....
Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

James Poniewozik - TIME

'The Good Wife's' Matt Czuchry on Cary's Arrest: Everything Changed in an Instant - Hollywood Reporter

‘The Good Wife’ Creators on the Premiere’s Big Cary Twist, Will’s Death, and More - The Daily Beast

The Good Wife Bosses Talk Shocking Status Change, Alicia and Kalinda's Friendship and More Season 6 Scoop | E! Online

‘The Good Wife’ premiere recap: Didn’t see that one coming - The Washington Post

'The Good Wife' season 6 premiere recap: 'The Line' | Season 6 Episode 01 | EW.com

The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap -- Vulture

The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Review: Behind Bars - The Good Wife Community - TV.com

“The Good Wife” Sixth Season Premiere TV Review on CBS | Variety

The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: Welcome Back, Now Go to Jail | E! Online

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ype=blogs&_r=0

Review: The Good Wife: “The Line” · TV Club · The A.V. Club

The Good Wife Season 6 Episode 1 Review: The Line - TV Fanatic

'The Good Wife' Season 6 Premiere Recap: Alicia and Diane Team Up to Rescue Cary

The 4 Biggest Shockers from The Good Wife Premiere - The Good Wife, TV News, Alan Cumming, Chris Noth, Gloria Steinem, Julianna Margulies, Matt Czuchry, Michael J. Fox : People.com

The Good Wife Review: “The Line” :: TV :: Reviews :: Paste

The Good Wife Premiere Recap - Surprise, Surprise: Season 6 “The Line” | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Season premiere review: The Good Wife - The Line: Attorney, free thyself

'Good Wife' Season Premiere Recap: In Harm's Way

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

wow! thanks Kickster

Old 09-24-2014, 09:09 AM
New Fan

Grouchy Lion Roars about 6.01 is up.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sunday final ratings:

11.06 million and 1.4 demo
Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! How can they get 11 millions and 1.4 in the demo??

Old 09-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Wow! How can they get 11 millions and 1.4 in the demo??
No one bothered to change the channel out of CBS in retirement homes?

Still really great views. The show is pushing strong.