Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I feel some sympathy for her. Every single article about her talks about the fact that she got her start in nightly soap "Home and Away". It must piss her off. she has done things since... AND there's so little film and television production in Australia, just about every actor has done a stint on a pretty crap show.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
AND there's so little film and television production in Australia, just about every actor has done a stint on a pretty crap show.
I must say I'm impressed with a lot of Australian tv and yet we mostly hear about Neighbours and things like that.

Not a fan of her acting either. I don't mind so much since it'll be the Alicia/Peter thing and I'll skip right through that

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well cause this fits

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, Cheno, I love you but you need to get off Wicked and do something other than reality tv stunts, please!

Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
New Fan

A bit off topic: Watching invitation to an inquest right now. Had to google Jess Weixler to make sure she is american, but I noticed her accent is identical (almost) to Archies's Kalinda, is that on purpose or is Archie sounding more american.. Am I the only one who hears this?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A bit off topic: Watching invitation to an inquest right now. Had to google Jess Weixler to make sure she is american, but I noticed her accent is identical (almost) to Archies's Kalinda. is that on purpose or is Archie sounding more american.. Am I the only one who hears this?
It is! And you're not the only one hearing it. I honestly thought she was going to pull an Eve Harrington and copy Kalinda to a creepy point, and set her up to get her job.
That didn't happen... yet? I don't know. But it feels like Weixler has been mimicking archie's accent, yes.

And it's not Off topic at all. We discuss anything guest/recurring related in this thread so please, go for it

Old 08-17-2013, 04:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It is! And you're not the only one hearing it. I honestly thought she was going to pull an Eve Harrington and copy Kalinda to a creepy point, and set her up to get her job.
That didn't happen... yet? I don't know. But it feels like Weixler has been mimicking archie's accent, yes.

And it's not Off topic at all. We discuss anything guest/recurring related in this thread so please, go for it
I'm glad I'm on the right thread. Thanks fluff. And back to Robyn: OMG that is so creepy, and funny too imagine Archie's reaction. How does she keep a straight face? Yikes this season was weird.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG that is so creepy, and funny too imagine Archie's reaction. How does she keep a straight face? Yikes this season was weird.
I think it was probably something they talked about. Archie works very closely with other actors and even if the storyline wasn't supposed to go there, it could have been something they went for. Happened before with Archie

It's obvious Robyn looks up to Kalinda so maybe they added some stuff between the lines.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen (View Post)
A bit off topic: Watching invitation to an inquest right now. Had to google Jess Weixler to make sure she is american, but I noticed her accent is identical (almost) to Archies's Kalinda, is that on purpose or is Archie sounding more american.. Am I the only one who hears this?
I sometimes notice it and sometimes I don't. I am eager to get my S4 dvds to watch more closely! But yea Robyn definitely wants to be Kalinda in some way

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen (View Post)
Agreed! Definitely. She has a way of pronouncing certain words which is similar to Kalinda.. . To be honest, I thought her character stared off very promising but - for me - turned old quite quickly, cartoonish almost. Hopefully the two firm story arc will give her more depth and added value!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Jess has an interview

Jess Weixler Interview – The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and Her | 2013 TIFF | Toronto International Film Festival

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I saw that movie premiered at TIFF but I didn't think she'd be there.
Isn't it funny how both Archie and her are in that movie but it was before they worked together?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Oh I saw that movie premiered at TIFF but I didn't think she'd be there.
Isn't it funny how both Archie and her are in that movie but it was before they worked together?
Sooo funny, I wonder if Archie pulled some strings for her?
Did you see the movie? good?

ETA

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...tm_source=t.co

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 09-23-2013 at 01:10 PM
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sooo funny, I wonder if Archie pulled some strings for her?
Dude! Archie's going to have a bit part in those movies. Maybe not even both, I don't know! Jess was Jessica Chastain's roomie at Juilliard so I think that's how she got strings pulled for her.
Quote:
Did you see the movie? good?
I haven't and I will have to get past my accumulated distaste for James McAvoy to check it out but I will, for Chastain and Archie, I will.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM
New Fan

Let's Hear it For The JUDGES!!!!

Don't we have some FABULOUS characters as the administrators of justice? How about former Soprano stars :"Uncle June" and "NY Johnny" and "Councilman" Peter Reigert from Ms. Margulies' stent on that show? I'd bet if Steve Buschemi wasn't leading Boardwalk Empire, he'd be a judge as well.

Also, I ADORE the "In-My-Opinion" judge; she's hysterical!!! Oh, and who can forget flower child Judge Abernathy - always brings a smile to my face. Who are some of the other greats...in you opinion