Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I think that was the whole point of the line. He can be have a cheater image, that's not a problem because if his wife sticks by him, not only does it excuses his behavior but it gives him a super-aura as politician as if she thought that his service as a politician was more important than his personal failings.
Mmm interesting, and this is very true for Jackie Kennedy indeed. But you know I did not think of the line that deeply. I just kind of figured he meant, that even thought Kennedy was a cheater, he was still very much liked, because of his charmed, and of course JK by his side made him even more likeable cause she was amazing! But I think your explanation makes more sense

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

One of my favourite quotes from the finale was:

Peter: It will be funny to be on the opposite side in court. But not laugh-out-loud funny.

Great delivery
Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Not really really sure about that "incestuous" line. Any clue here? I've been scratching my head for a week.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
Not really really sure about that "incestuous" line. Any clue here? I've been scratching my head for a week.
I understand her expression as if to say that, sometimes there are concessions you make, compromising your own values ​​when you are moving up in life.
It's very difficult to step the line and be able not to go past it.
I personally don't believe it that. And I would think Alicia doesn't either. But I couldn't help noticing how Alicia looked dazed to Diane's office
Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I understand her expression as if to say that, sometimes there are concessions you make, compromising your own values ​​when you are moving up in life.
I see. Maybe it's just the bizarre way to put it that got me off track here.

Quote:
I personally don't believe it that. And I would think Alicia doesn't either.
Yeah but she's playing with the big boys now (I don't mean Will of course since I have no way of... whatever ) and she's gonna have to make more compromises if she wants to say on top (this post is decidedly dirtier than I intended )
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah but she's playing with the big boys now (I don't mean Will of course since I have no way of... whatever ) and she's gonna have to make more compromises if she wants to say on top (this post is decidedly dirtier than I intended )

If so, it really seems that the good wife will give way the "bad" one?!?!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
If so, it really seems that the good wife will give way the "bad" one?!?!
Oh I'd love that
Plus retooling the show from The Good Wife to the Bad Ex-Wife, coupled with the Sunday move, is sure to get them a few of those key demos they are looking for
Old 05-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I thought she meant sometimes you have to play close to home more than you'd like to get ahead instead of being able to do it all on your own or using only fully professional channels.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought she meant sometimes you have to play close to home more than you'd like to get ahead instead of being able to do it all on your own or using only fully professional channels.
that's how I got it as well. I wonder if it's a clue for Alicia or for us about the future Eli developments

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
that's how I got it as well. I wonder if it's a clue for Alicia or for us about the future Eli developments
Eli is very good in his work. So considering the admiration he developed for Alicia it will be interesting to see how their relationship will evolve in the future, especially if Peter runs for governor. Though I must say, that if that happens, we are gonna have more of the same? Isn't it time to change the Peter's plot?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Though I must say, that if that happens, we are gonna have more of the same? Isn't it time to change the Peter's plot?
I think the main point is to keep Alicia and Peter linked in some way that is going to bring conflict in more ways than in their jobs. As they said, Peter is just a regular joe with a scandal without her endorsement.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think the main point is to keep Alicia and Peter linked in some way that is going to bring conflict in more ways than in their jobs.
Yes, but the fact that they will now be on opposite sides in court, already gives the writers a lot to work with .... Another elections plot, so soon, when he just won the SA, it seems too much. His presence as a SA is a good starting point for countless interesting situations.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Another elections plot, so soon, when he just won the SA, it seems too much. His presence as a SA is a good starting point for countless interesting situations.
I think it was more to keep Cumming on the show than anything else and yes it is far fetched and unnecessary. I think next season, Eli will be the new Blake: waste of airtime.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think it was more to keep Cumming on the show than anything else and yes it is far fetched and unnecessary. I think next season, Eli will be the new Blake: waste of airtime.
Alan Cumming isn't exactly Scott Porter, no offense intended. Furthermore, from the moment that Eli sets is business at L & G, I think the connection to Peter is no longer essential. There is plenty more to explore his character. So...