Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

Ugh, I'm really not pleased with the choice of the photo. They should really stop promoting the show based only on the triangle and I've always hated that particular picture, Alicia'a face looks really fake in it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm so glad they used that image for the cover, it honestly tells the story of the season.
Not really though. More like a tiny bit of the end of the season. Not to mention it makes it look like the love triangle is all there is (other characters be damned) and it's horribly photoshopped.

Quote:
I don't know how much detail went into these photo shoots, but they are very cognoscente of how the season plays out for her character.
Hehe I doubt the writers knew where they were going with the season at that point. Honestly, given the givens, I think they had no idea where they would go with even the first 10 episodes when the pictures were taken, let alone the last three episodes of the season. And the promos are just the usual CBS meh, writers have nothing to do with it.

Quote:
I have to admit that I was a little puzzled by this cover choice. It's definitely not what the show is mainly about and to reduce it to a romance is a mistake IMO.
It's just that they started and ended promoting with the same thing over and over because that's the one thing about the show that's easy enough for the network to understand
But they had to use the promos they had for the cover and the one with only Alicia was kinda lame. The group shot was too large for a DVD cover.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't like that photo. I didn't like it when it came out, I don't like it now that the season is over, and I certainly don't like it on the DVD cover. If I buy this box set, I'll have to cover it up with newspaper before I put it on my shelf.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
I've always hated that particular picture, Alicia'a face looks really fake in it.
I agree with you. It is one of the worst picture of JM. It doesn't do her justice.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Agree with everyone that this wasn't the best picture to use for the cover. It's like saying "This season is about who she screws mmm i mean who she picks" (and for the fact alone that it looks badly done ).

Quote:
If I buy this box set, I'll have to cover it up with newspaper before I put it on my shelf.
That made me I am actually picturing it.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If I buy this box set, I'll have to cover it up with newspaper before I put it on my shelf.
you want me to fake a new DVD jacket?

Quote:
I agree with you. It is one of the worst picture of JM. It doesn't do her justice.
It's not really flattering to the men either. They are so smoothed out, they have no pores! They look like wax statues. Talk about expert photoshopping

Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Interview: Archie Panjabi from ‘The Good Wife’ - 1 - TV - MSN Malaysia Entertainment
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

There's another thing about the cover art that makes me dislike it as much as I do. The way it is cropped makes it seem that the men in the photo have no personalities of their own and are simply appendages to Alicia. Now whichever way you may fall on the Peter/Will debate I think everyone acknowledges that they each are their own person. And they may not always have arcs but they do have distinguishable characters. Why so discourteous to your own characters, show?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The way it is cropped makes it seem that the men in the photo have no personalities of their own and are simply appendages to Alicia. Now whichever way you may fall on the Peter/Will debate I think everyone acknowledges that they each are their own person.
totally agree on everything. It's a bad move for everyone involved.

Quote:
Interview: Archie Panjabi from ‘The Good Wife’ - 1 - *TV - MSN Malaysia Entertainment
another one? I don't think we ever had that many interviews with Archie in two years! thanks and more pics

Quote:
A potential hook-up between Kalinda and Cary?
and here we go again. Looks like the media found their new "love triangle" simple question

Quote:
So I kept smashing it but it wouldn't smash and it was funny because all the men on set were like, "Hold it like this! Hold it like this!" and all the women were like "C'mon Archie, you're letting us down!" When they started on it, they realised it was the car and not me.
Archie's the badass in charge

Quote:
If she responded to me the same way she responds to Alicia, I'd be very flattered.
Aww

Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Totally agree that photo is the not the best pic for JM....*fingers crossed* that the pic we get this summer are better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
another one? I don't think we ever had that many interviews with Archie in two years! thanks and more pics
The PR person is really doing their job now

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The PR person is really doing their job now
sure is. I'm just not sure why the gigantic push in Singapore

Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not sure maybe more people there where interested in interviewing her so they figured lets do as many as we can

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not sure maybe more people there where interested in interviewing her so they figured lets do as many as we can
I guess since she has family there, she didn't mind doing a little promo but man, were they happy to see her

Old 06-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess since she has family there, she didn't mind doing a little promo but man, were they happy to see her
yes as happy as WE are

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Interview: Archie Panjabi from ‘The Good Wife’ - 1 - *TV - MSN Malaysia Entertainment
Actually, this last interview posted was conducted in Malaysia, (where I live) and not Singapore. AP has close family in both countries and apparently, is also a frequent visitor to Malaysia (which may account for why she indicated she'd love to do a Malaysian accent in one of the earlier interviews posted upthread). IIRC, she also did an interview here last year to promote TGW.

Quote:
The fact that the finale just aired on Monday in both countries may have something to do with the recent spate of interviews by AP. Also, since TGW is shown on cable and not FTA (Free-to-Air) tv over here, I don't think it has a huge following as opposed to Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy or even Vampire Diaries, all of which are shown on FTA tv.(None of my friends or family watches TGW even though they have cable, go figure!) So yeah, a bit of promo for the show, I guess.