Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Protagonist, and producer. So yeah we all know who the underdog was in that fight
Wow, that's so sad and unprofessional. But this really happened like that? Because we do not know for sure what happens behind the scenes and media it is not exactly an information source. But anyway, I see many people hurt by JM here. And considering that she is the protagonist, you will accompany the seventh season?

Quote:
I don't know if it contributed to Josh leaving directly, because the freeze out was going on since at least season 3 but then he decided to leave in season 4. He only reupped for 15 episodes because he was asked to give them a chance to wrap things up
One thing is for certain: after the finale aired, he made a point of tweeting about how he had loved to work with Archie.
Lamentable.

Quote:
Exactly! By some miracle we got to meet Cary's father for half a second because he was useful to the plot but that's all we ever got on him. And I'm not even talking about Diane, whose political aspirations only ever remained a vague background point, not to mention her family life or anything before the point where we met her in the pilot.
Yeah, they just do not invest in the stories of the characters and at least for me, this prejudices enough the interest, since the cases are not always interesting. I almost fainted when I saw that we would have another case related to Chumhum boring and your boring founder.

Will died without us knowing more about his past. We had to assume that his ambition was motivated by financial losses suffered by his father but we do not know for sure. And so on.

Quote:
so basically, you're just curious to see if they ever come up with something else?
I behave myself towards TGW in the same way that I behave myself towards Grey's Anatomy, I will stay to see the end of the story. Although, TGW in my view has always had to fight boredom and now with so many losses, I do not know.

Quote:
I'm sorry to spoil your fun, literally but he's also leaving. It was announced sometimes last month. So that's not a given either but I'm sure Alicia will have another boy-toy before October.
Wow, barely arrived and already left.

Quote:
I think we could but I'm worried it will end up being the lesser of evil game
We could innovate and instead to choose the best episode, elect the worst.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow, that's so sad and unprofessional. But this really happened like that? Because we do not know for sure what happens behind the scenes and media it is not exactly an information source.
It did. We finally got word from various sources and JM's complete lack of response, as well as some trash piece (probably coming straight from JM's agents to try and control the story) about Archie being hated by the crew (that's not what I saw on set) tend to confirm it.

Quote:
Yeah, they just do not invest in the stories of the characters and at least for me, this prejudices enough the interest, since the cases are not always interesting.
I agree. Good drama is fostering stories that feed characterization. The first season wasn't very "big" in drama but it was big in heart. The procedural parts were always meant to develop characters and relationships. Then they started getting nominated for awards and they thought they had to go bigger, and they lost it.

Quote:
Will died without us knowing more about his past. We had to assume that his ambition was motivated by financial losses suffered by his father but we do not know for sure. And so on.
SO MANY storylines were left hanging!

Quote:
Although, TGW in my view has always had to fight boredom and now with so many losses, I do not know.
I don't know either but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote:
Wow, barely arrived and already left.
right? I wonder if he got worried about behind the scenes drama.
I think he just got a better gig on Downton Abbey

Quote:
I actually find this part the cruelest, that Archie was obviously afforded no option to truncate the term of her contract (she couldn't quit without breaching her contract and risking suit, reputation, future work), instead forced to fulfill the entire 6 year term even though the lead/producer didn't want her there and made it her mission to exclude her, i.e. entire episodes played with all guest cast, Paley 2015, more.
Absolutely! Totally blows!
Of course CBS wanted to keep her. She was the only draw for the key demos and the media. But not enough to make sure she was treated with respect.

Quote:
They're not having much fun anymore, and they're grieving the loss of probably the most universally loved, iconic character they will ever create.
I definitely think they were bummed that they were reduced to such narrow parameters, if only because it made their job that much harder. I don't know about fun though because RK seemed to have been enjoying those ridiculous scenes with split screen and other devices they had in the episodes leading up to the season finale but that's probably because he thought he could get away with it and it was one way to finally be able to write the two characters together.

Quote:
I won't be watching season 7 episodes, but I may check out the ratings, just to see if the universe will mete out poetic justice for poor behavior.
I wish but knowing how distant from reality the Nielsen numbers are, I doubt we'll see much of a difference. I've come to believe that Nielsen homes viewers are robots

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It did. We finally got word from various sources and JM's complete lack of response, as well as some trash piece (probably coming straight from JM's agents to try and control the story) about Archie being hated by the crew (that's not what I saw on set) tend to confirm it.
It is unfortunate and unproductive when the actors leave their egos dominate their lives.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is unfortunate and unproductive when the actors leave their egos dominate their lives.
And let's be honest. It's true Kalinda was popular and that Archie won an Emmy unexpectedly (without the network doing any kind of promotion for her) but she was hardly a threat to JM.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Addicted Fan

^
Yeah, because of this it's hard to believe that things came to this point for vanity and envy. It seems to be something more serious. I read anything involving the husband of Archie but may be speculation. Anyway, it is regrettable.

But, if Kalinda was for to continue with a indefinite story, it was better for her to leave. Too bad, because I wanted to see a romance with Bishop.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I read anything involving the husband of Archie but may be speculation.
Nah that was BS spun by JM's agents trying to point the story to something else.
Archie's husband has been living in the UK most of the time anyway

Quote:
Too bad, because I wanted to see a romance with Bishop.
you're not the first one who suggested this actually. I've seen it before. The actors did have a lot of chemistry and well, Kalinda and a dangerous guy makes more sense than Cary or Nick
Mike Colter (who plays Bishop) probably won't be back anyway. He's in two Netflix shows next season, including one as a lead so he probably will be too busy.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The actors did have a lot of chemistry and well, Kalinda and a dangerous guy makes more sense than Cary or Nick
Yeah, they work well together. They could have utilized that Bishop would go out of business and Dylan needed a female presence. The only annoyance is that Kalinda was not born to be monogamous and Bishop has an unconventional way to solve the problems in the relationship.

In fact, I thought he would end up killing her. Fortunately they thought of something else, equally unsatisfactory.

So, he will also leave?! Socks, because he is very hot! And yes, Nick looked a tire repairman close to him and he does more presence than Cary.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, they work well together. They could have utilized that Bishop would go out of business and Dylan needed a female presence. The only annoyance is that Kalinda was not born to be monogamous and Bishop has an unconventional way to solve the problems in the relationship.
yeah I don't think it could have been a relationship but it would have been a hot fun thing for sure.

Quote:
In fact, I thought he would end up killing her. Fortunately they thought of something else, equally unsatisfactory.
Yeah I was on the fence but at least it would have been more definitive.
We have no idea where Kalinda is or what she's doing now so we got zero closure.

Quote:
So, he will also leave?! Socks, because he is very hot!
I knooow
I'm sure he will be plenty hot in the Netflix shows and at least he will be a lead in two of them.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
so we got zero closure
It seems that this is one of the show's rules.

Quote:
I'm sure he will be plenty hot in the Netflix shows and at least he will be a lead in two of them
I'll read about it, suddenly take a look. I will miss the contrast between the bad guy and the good father next season. I love a scene where he's with the complice on the phone and suddenly to and speaks to Dylan, "no more candy."
Old 07-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It seems that this is one of the show's rules.
Unfortunately. Honestly I've seen shows where actors had died do a better job of closure than TGW, who's always been aware months in advance they were going to lose a character and still didn't do anything to give them a proper end.

Quote:
I will miss the contrast between the bad guy and the good father next season.
I know, right? He's such an interesting character.
You should watch Power. It's a show created by one of TGW's early writers and the protagonist is really really reminiscent of Bishop.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately. Honestly I've seen shows where actors had died do a better job of closure than TGW, who's always been aware months in advance they were going to lose a character and still didn't do anything to give them a proper end.
Ends up being repetitive saying this, but Grey's Anatomy was a great training to face this kind of situation.

Quote:
You should watch Power. It's a show created by one of TGW's early writers and the protagonist is really really reminiscent of Bishop.
Yeah, I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ends up being repetitive saying this, but Grey's Anatomy was a great training to face this kind of situation.
I think Shonda and RK should have a club of most hated showrunners

Old 07-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Probably. Shonda clearly shows that does not care about negative opinions of the fans in the best style "watch this at your account and risk."
Old 07-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's a recurring problem with "small shows that make it big".

Well, with TGW it was awards, not audience ratings obviously but it was the same thing. They started with something and then they realize that they could get people talking and then they started enjoying the attention, even negative, more than the storytelling.

Show producers can be fans of the show and work with the audience. Or they can be trolls who enjoy pissing people off just to see them explode.

I'm sure we don't have to guess what RK is.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, the guys kipped on laurels of them and now they don't have nothing. But the pockets are still full, so...