Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don´t know many shows when you dislike the main character. Congrats Kings!!
Right? And I have a fondness for flawed characters. Hell, I still watch Nurse Jackie and she keeps spiraling down! But at least she cares about people, and she has people who care for her. Who cares about Alicia now? Even on the show?

Her kids?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Her kids?
And because they have to
Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Right? And I have a fondness for flawed characters. Hell, I still watch Nurse Jackie and she keeps spiraling down! But at least she cares about people, and she has people who care for her. Who cares about Alicia now? Even on the show?
Seriously, I don't have to like a character to enjoy them. But I have to understand them. Can't say that about Alicia at all.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Seriously, I don't have to like a character to enjoy them. But I have to understand them. Can't say that about Alicia at all.
I agree. I love House of Cards even though I can't say I "like" anyone in the show.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don´t know many shows when you dislike the main character.
I know, right?! I think I even like Peter better now. When she was playing the mind games with him about running, I was thinking, 'Peter, ignore this tomfoolery from a woman who has sacrificed her own family (especially Zach) to run for office, oh say, 5 minutes ago'- I mean how does she still think she can judge him for this?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I know it makes me a bad person but I really hope she lives unhappily ever after, with or without Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
So there's two of us. I've been back and forth with Alicia since mid-S3 but after this season I just don't give a crap about her anymore. And I really hope she won't end up with Finn, because he's no Will and all but he's a nice guy and like you've said, she doesn't deserve him at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
and again, I know this may not be the best thing to say but I COMPLETELTY AGREE with you. I feel nothing for this character, nothing for her. and it all happened starting in mid season 3 as well. and honestly the things she's done? I can't justify it. I'm so happy I stopped watching the show. nothing about it pulls me in anymore.
I am not alone!
I also stoped liking Alicia a long time ago.

I watched the last to episodes today, I just have no words to explain how I feel.
It's like there is no story anymore, just a row of scenes until the eposide ends.
I mean, A. first wanna partner with Finn, then he doesn't want to, because he's attracted to her (honestly? was this neccesary?) and the LC showing up...

I mean I love Michael J- Fox, he can't be on the show to often, for me, vecause I really adore him, and think he's a terrific actor - but the storyline is just crazy
Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When she was playing the mind games with him about running, I was thinking, 'Peter, ignore this tomfoolery from a woman who has sacrificed her own family (especially Zach) to run for office, oh say, 5 minutes ago'- I mean how does she still think she can judge him for this?
It's like they turned her into this self-righteous *itch (with a capital B) who just keeps playing the victim as if the writers, or she, had no memory of what happened since the pilot and they were hoping we wouldn't either.

Quote:
I also stoped liking Alicia a long time ago.
Honestly, if it's not for the hardcore JM fans who love her for their own reasons, I haven't seen anyone liking this character in a long time.
She doesn't even have the support of the "ladies who've been cheated on" club

Quote:
first wanna partner with Finn, then he doesn't want to, because he's attracted to her (honestly? was this neccesary?)
Of course it is. She's wonderful so every man is just at her knees. Why wouldn't they?
And if they love her, the audience should too, right? It worked for Kalinda, right?

Quote:
I mean I love Michael J- Fox, he can't be on the show to often, for me, vecause I really adore him, and think he's a terrific actor - but the storyline is just crazy
*and* a recycled storyline again.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's like they turned her into this self-righteous *itch (with a capital B) who just keeps playing the victim as if the writers, or she, had no memory of what happened since the pilot and they were hoping we wouldn't either.
And the funny thing is, there is much I wish I could forget, but, no....

Quote:
She doesn't even have the support of the "ladies who've been cheated on" club
Yep cause they are tired of her giving them a bad name!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep cause they are tired of her giving them a bad name!
And the Alicia who was cheated on is long gone. Which would be great if she hadn't been replaced by Alicia trying to be Kalinda or something.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I agree. I love House of Cards even though I can't say I "like" anyone in the show.
It's always easier when the characters are likeable but it's not a must to me. But in case of Alicia I don't like her and don't understand her. They really did something wrong, because from the very beginning people prefered other characters to her. But I used to like her, less than other characters for sure, but I liked her. Now I don't get her character and it's not even like I care...

Quote:
*and* a recycled storyline again.
It all felt like S4 finale again but so lame in comparison. First she had 'a moment' with Finn in the car, then we're supposed to think it's him behind the door but surprise, Alicia is going to start another firm! In S4 I was excited, now I don't give a crap.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's always easier when the characters are likeable but it's not a must to me. But in case of Alicia I don't like her and don't understand her.
That happens a lot with shows where plot drive characters and not the other way around. I don't think I've ever seen such a prime example of it though.

They changed so much about her without a reason, well, I guess besides JM dictating it, that she makes no sense as a character anymore.

Quote:
Now I don't get her character and it's not even like I care...
No because even if she got to an incarnation you liked... Alicia 3.2b or something you don't know what she'll be two weeks from now.
It's hard to care for people like that.

Quote:
First she had 'a moment' with Finn in the car, then we're supposed to think it's him behind the door but surprise, Alicia is going to start another firm!
I hope they don't have two seasons left because I don't know how many firms she can start in two seasons and I don't want to find out

I wonder how Will would have reacted to all the changes with Alicia, if he was still there.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
(I'm thinking about this looking at your icon, Rose
The 100 does flawed tough female characters like nobody else. TGW should take notes)
HEC YEA! agreed every single woman on that show

Quote:
I don´t know many shows when you dislike the main character. Congrats Kings!!
Quote:
Right? And I have a fondness for flawed characters
Crazy isn't it? I agree, flawed characters pull me in but I detached from Alicia a long time ago. Its crazy but I dislike her with a passion
I don't understand what the hec she wants and honestly, I don't think she knows what she wants either.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
HEC YEA! agreed every single woman on that show
and they're not about who they sleep with, or don't sleep with.

Quote:
Crazy isn't it? I agree, flawed characters pull me in but I detached from Alicia a long time ago. Its crazy but I dislike her with a passion
It's because she's not flawed, she's just nothing now. Kalinda was flawed, Will was flawed. Imperfect characters are interesting. Characters who are supposed to be perfect but are just misshaped are not.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
and they're not about who they sleep with, or don't sleep with.

It's because she's not flawed, she's just nothing now. Kalinda was flawed, Will was flawed. Imperfect characters are interesting. Characters who are supposed to be perfect but are just misshaped are not.
its so sad what this show once was and now what it has become.

A part of me is glad JC left when he did because this season can be only described as such a mess
I wonder what the next season is even going to be about?
Old 05-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
its so sad what this show once was and now what it has become.
And all this for trying so hard to be "award worthy". It was a good show and then they got nominated for awards and they thought they had to do bigger, more drama.

Quote:
A part of me is glad JC left when he did because this season can be only described as such a mess
Honestly, I think it played a big part in him not renewing his contract

Quote:
I wonder what the next season is even going to be about?
Alicia Florrick vs. The World. Again