Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Probably, if Will would stay they will keep going with the triangle and Alicia would continue not making a choice
Isn't it a square now with Alicia, Peter, Matthew Goode and Campaign guy?

Seriously what is even MG doing here? I love the guy but he is more of a Downton Abbey kind of actor, I saw him in like 4 episodes of S5 and it just doesn't work. If we're lucky he will marry Lady Mary Crawley next season

Quote:
which according to recent news might very well be in 2020
what? omg

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Isn't it a square now with Alicia, Peter, Matthew Goode and Campaign guy?
And since JM wants more sex scenes, expect a pentagon next season

Quote:
what? omg
well if they keep adding a "last season" every year...

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And since JM wants more sex scenes
Really? But she always uses a double When I see Keri Russell doing all her naked and sex scenes on The Americans I always think "but Jules doesn't even show her stomach"

I agree that you don't necessarily need nudity to make something look sexy (like AW's first sex scene in S3) but whenever they undressed Alicia it looked so fake, like it clearly isn't Jules.

Quote:
well if they keep adding a "last season" every year...
I hope S7 is the last one. It will still hurt to know that the show doesn't exist anymore and that the cast and crew are not working together anymore but I don't think there's a show without Kalinda and Will because there's no Alicia without Kalinda and Will

Old 04-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really? But she always uses a double
I know right? When I read that I was like "is it to give Elle more work?"
Quote:
When I see Keri Russell doing all her naked and sex scenes on The Americans I always think "but Jules doesn't even show her stomach"
I guess she *really* want to be Kalinda

Quote:
I agree that you don't necessarily need nudity to make something look sexy (like AW's first sex scene in S3) but whenever they undressed Alicia it looked so fake, like it clearly isn't Jules.
Well Elle is a beautiful woman and she looks kinda like Jules, body-wise, but she doesn't look like her enough that they can just point and shoot so yeah it looks fake.

Quote:
I hope S7 is the last one. It will still hurt to know that the show doesn't exist anymore and that the cast and crew are not working together anymore but I don't think there's a show without Kalinda and Will because there's no Alicia without Kalinda and Will
I guess that's why Alicia does not feel like Alicia anymore.
And hell yes on the Hell No to S8
Even Kiki said she didn't want it

Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well Elle is a beautiful woman and she looks kinda like Jules, body-wise, but she doesn't look like her enough that they can just point and shoot so yeah it looks fake.
And the worst part was when they used a HAND double for Josh in The decision tree and it was a hairy and gross hand WHYYY

Quote:
Even Kiki said she didn't want it
Yeah I read that If Kiki doesn't want S8 then no one else does

Old 04-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And the worst part was when they used a HAND double for Josh in The decision tree and it was a hairy and gross hand WHYYY
to kill the dream. They enjoy that a lot.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Loyal Fan

That's all so crazy ... But my biggest question is , why do anybody need a hand double ???

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 04-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to dissagree, but IMO she did chosse Peter. At least the time she agreed to renew their vows. This is a choice to me.
Also leaving the firm and stealing Will's clients, is a choice, at least against Will.

Well, I know I might come over a little harsh, but that's justthe way I see it

I have to admit, I was a little sattisfied with the last episodes ending (well not the last scene with Peter, but befor).
When A. told her attorny she trusted him, and he answerd, it was not personal.
Well, seems like the wheel has turned, great irony - don't know if it was the Kings intention, though.
Now Alicia know how it feels to be stabbed in the back by someone you trusted.

And in the end, she comes crying to Peter. It's like everything after the season 4 finale was just for nothing.
To me it makes the impression as if the Kings didn't have a plan at all at least since they knew JC wants to quit.

Anyway, I only keep watching this show for Diane, and a little bit, to see the ship go down.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's all so crazy ... But my biggest question is , why do anybody need a hand double ???
well there are several answers to that.
Mostly because actors time is precious and it can take hours to get a close-up right so they use body doubles so that the actors can be elsewhere doing a real acting scene or something else.
Also, women age. and HD likes 20ish women's skin better.

Quote:
Also leaving the firm and stealing Will's clients, is a choice, at least against Will
I agree there. Although backstabbing Will doesn't mean she chose Peter. I never bought that vow renewal thing and saw it only for what it turned out to be: a manipulative way to make people think she was getting back with Peter only to break them up "completely" later. It was a setup, not a choice.

Quote:
Anyway, I only keep watching this show for Diane, and a little bit, to see the ship go down.
it's like the Titanic at this point

Old 04-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
it's like the Titanic at this point
Yeah, and it already hit the iceberg
Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, and it already hit the iceberg
In many many ways, some of them not of their choice, I know but still they could have done better with what they had.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:01 PM
New Fan

Hi y'all. I'm a newby.

I've watched all 5 seasons in the last weeks and am devastated about Will's death. I try to get through season 6 now but it's just so frustrating. I miss him in every single episode. Why did they need to end it like that. I understand that JC wanted to leave the show and they had to write him out but why did they not chose to give Will and Alicia a more peaceful ending. It seems only cruel to us fans. I don't mind the death, I like drama and angst if it gives the show deepness and if it's not just for effect. but they should have at least made them talk about their feelings before he died. All the rage until the last episode. Will suffered. And Alicia hurt the man who loved her so much just to keep a marriage promise to a man who cheated on her again and again with random women? Makes no sense to me at all why she wanted to stay with Peter. And I don't think the children had to do with it. Maybe that was a reason in season 3 but not in season 5. It's her decision not to be with him, but the way she did it. to leave the firm and take the clients because she was afraid of loving Will? Nope. But okay, I can move on from that. People obviously make mistakes. I sadly must say the way it ended I can never be sure if she really loved him or if she only loved the feeling he gave her and the idea of them. Because that would make it clear why she never decided pro Will. I don't believe it though. There were enough hints how her feelings were when she didn't hide them. And I doubt that the showrunners intended the leading man of the show who loved her since Georgtown not to end up with her. They probably needed more time. Maybe she just wasn't ready to have all these feelings for him and that's why she didn't decide for him. So does it mean it makes sense that we have such a unfulfilled ending? Only a smile that told us they would have be okay again and probably finally found back together if he hadn't died? No. It makes absolutely no sense. I mean, we were already in season 5 and it was enough time to move on from all the Peter drama in her life. I think they could have given us more. I think she needed a push. Maybe she knew how he felt deep down but sometimes you just need to hear it. And I think she had lots of doubs so it would have been important. That's why I'm also angry with Will. He didn't use his chances. He should have talked to her. He had time after the kiss at the end of season 4. I thought finally he is going through with it. And then...nothing. And then she leaves the firm and they are fighting. I'm sure it would have made a difference if he had told her. But okay, the showrunners didn't want them to be together so soon so they didn't talk. I can live with that too if they hadn't ****ed up big time with how it all ended between them.

Here is how I had wished they had done it without changing too much but with at least giving us a little peace of the heart. They should have used all the sexual chemistry, the hurt, the desperation, the love in episode 14 and let Alicia and Will finally understand their deep feelings for each other. And I mean with words and actions. A dramatic episodes with crying and screeming and loving. They talk and maybe a kiss follows. But no decision about their future. Then the next day in the court room they meet like they did in the last scene and his smile shows us it's okay again. His last call could still be a riddle. Did he wanted to tell her he wanted to be with her forever or had he decided to leave it at that and move on...That would have been okay for me.

Also i would change the way they make Alicia deal with his death in season 6. Horrible. I hated how Alicia said good bye to Will while fantacizing about all these men. She can and must move on and i'm okay if she kisses and sleeps with other men, they won't mean the same to her like Will did. They can't in such a short time. But saying goodbye like that after 15 episodes...

Sorry for the long post. I thought I am a Will/Alicia shipper but I'm not so sure anymore. I like her but not as much as Will and not really since season 5. Maybe I'm only a Will Gardner fan. What a beautiful man.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've watched all 5 seasons in the last weeks and am devastated about Will's death.
welcome to the board and yeah it was a shock, I know

Quote:
I understand that JC wanted to leave the show and they had to write him out but why did they not chose to give Will and Alicia a more peaceful ending. It seems only cruel to us fans.
Absolutely, the idea was to shock. They were looking for buzz at the expense of the character and the fandom's feelings.

Quote:
And Alicia hurt the man who loved her so much just to keep a marriage promise to a man who cheated on her again and again with random women? Makes no sense to me at all why she wanted to stay with Peter.
Drama was the only reason.

Quote:
I sadly must say the way it ended I can never be sure if she really loved him or if she only loved the feeling he gave her and the idea of them.
I don't know either. The writers keep sending mixed messages about that and I don't think we'll ever know now.

Quote:
That's why I'm also angry with Will. He didn't use his chances. He should have talked to her. He had time after the kiss at the end of season 4. I thought finally he is going through with it. And then...nothing.
I think he did give her a lot of opportunities to choose and he didn't want to force her to make a choice she was so clearly not "ready" to make.

Quote:
Here is how I had wished they had done it without changing too much but with at least giving us a little peace of the heart. They should have used all the sexual chemistry, the hurt, the desperation, the love in episode 14 and let Alicia and Will finally understand their deep feelings for each other. And I mean with words and actions. A dramatic episodes with crying and screeming and loving. They talk and maybe a kiss follows. But no decision about their future. Then the next day in the court room they meet like they did in the last scene and his smile shows us it's okay again. His last call could still be a riddle. Did he wanted to tell her he wanted to be with her forever or had he decided to leave it at that and move on...That would have been okay for me.
It would have been something. Clearly they didn't want to give us at least that.

Quote:
Also i would change the way they make Alicia deal with his death in season 6. Horrible. I hated how Alicia said good bye to Will while fantacizing about all these men. She can and must move on and i'm okay if she kisses and sleeps with other men, they won't mean the same to her like Will did. They can't in such a short time. But saying goodbye like that after 15 episodes...
I don't know what they are doing with Alicia anymore.

Quote:
Sorry for the long post. I thought I am a Will/Alicia shipper but I'm not so sure anymore. I like her but not as much as Will and not really since season 5. Maybe I'm only a Will Gardner fan. What a beautiful man.
Pffff never apologize for a long post! I wrote much longer posts back in the day and it's always great to read

Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:

welcome to the board and yeah it was a shock, I know
Hi and thank you!

Quote:
Absolutely, the idea was to shock. They were looking for buzz at the expense of the character and the fandom's feelings.
the sad thing is, they could have had the drama with the fighting and the shock with his death and still give us peace of mind. the regular audience doesn't care if they had found back together 1 episode before. the writers wouldn't have needed a full episode for it either, 10 minutes would have been enough.

Quote:
I think he did give her a lot of opportunities to choose and he didn't want to force her to make a choice she was so clearly not "ready" to make.
That's what I thought too, he was just too perfect. Didn't want to pressure her or get her into something she didn't really want. I agree. And it was right to do. But I still think he should at least have told her like he did in his phone call in season 1. Like he said, he wanted to make it clear to not take the risk she didn't understand full well how serious it was for him. and i mean, Alicia did wonder about that...but of course, that was what the showrunners wanted, drama. like in all shows they drag it out. the problem was JC wanted to leave. we needed a compromise and we didn't get it.

Quote:
It would have been something. Clearly they didn't want to give us at least that.
I think it is a clear sign that the Kings don't fully understand good writing in a drama series

Quote:
I don't know what they are doing with Alicia anymore.
too true.

Last edited by mizzzar; 04-26-2015 at 05:29 PM
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

Another broken-hearted!!! Welcome to the club!!!