Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
Very, very, interesting. I'd love to see such a program about Chris.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Laila! I love that Teeshirt! It's from his CD/show!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love his laptop! I want one like that! Thanks Laila for the pic!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss GoodManners (View Post)
I love his laptop! I want one like that!!
Me too! I Macs! I have the same one, only difference is that mine has a pink cover

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

He keeps his hair grey now. I wonder if it's because of TGW

Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Well he did say he was covering his grey hair and last season they had to put some grey in so I guess this year as a regular, it was simpler for him to go natural
Old 09-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sean Palmer To Be Poet in Staging of Sondheim's Evening Primrose, With Bergen, McMartin, Duell

Tony Walton will direct a staged reading of James Goldman and Stephen Sondheim's Evening Primrose, the 1966 musical-for-television, as part of the St. George's Society of New York's Anglo-American Cultural Awards Oct. 25 in Manhattan.
Following the presentation of Evening Primrose, there will be a gala dinner in the top of Hearst Tower featuring the talents of Alan Cumming and Jim Dale. A grant will be made to Young Playwrights Inc., the charity founded by composer-lyricist Sondheim.

Sean Palmer To Be Poet in Staging of Sondheim's Evening Primrose, With Bergen, McMartin, Duell - Playbill.com

Alan Cumming, John Glover, Steven Weber, Jason Ritter, and Luke MacFarlane will star in a Los Angeles reading of Terrence McNally's Some Men on October 4 at the Saban Theatre. The reading will benefit the Courage Campaign Institute, an LGBT rights group. Additional casting will be announced at a later date.

Broadway.com | Alan Cumming, John Glover and More Set for Los Angeles Some Men Reading

Last edited by Det.Logan; 09-17-2010 at 11:11 AM
Old 09-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Oh how I wish I was in NY again! thanks Laila

Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alan Cumming talking to Leviathan trilogy author Scott Westerfeld
Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Laila! He has such a great voice. I had heard of the books and they are on my very long Must Read list but I might just check the audiobooks instead.

I like when Westerfeld says Alan's interpretation of one of the characters changed his writing of her in the next book Alan looks flattered. That must be a great feeling

Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Supreme Fan

thanks Laila Nice video. I read the first book and didn't even know there was an audio with Alan.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From his blog:

Hello peeps

I have decided to stop the ask alan part of my site. It has been great for me to have contact with you, and I have enjoyed being able to answer your questions, but recently I have felt it has become a little too much to deal with. There have been a few incidents that have led me to making this decision, interestingly enough one of them being the broadcast of my Who Do You Think You Are show on the BBC last week.

That show was probably the biggest merging of my public and private lives, and I felt very exposed by it. I am so glad I did it, but the access that so many people had to me in such a vulnerable place made me realise that I perhaps feel too duty-bound to be open and maybe too available to you. I guess it just made me realise that it's ok for me to take a step back if I want to.

I got loads of response for the show via ask alan, and even though they were all very positive, I still felt that I was allowing so much more of the outside world into my life at such a vulnerable time than I needed to, or more importantly, wanted to.

So I hope you understand. It has been good, but all good things must come to an end as the Bard said.

I have also had a bit of an epiphany about doing this blog at all. My reason for starting to do it every day was to get myself to the computer, to get back into writing again and to find my voice through words once more. I feel I have done that, but lately I have felt more that it has become a duty, a bit of a chore and I have started to get anxious about something that should be joyous and an outpouring of what I am feeling.

So...I am going to blog less. Not every day. Maybe somtimes I will, but mostly just when I fancy it.

There, I've said it.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Ooo damn! bummer are we still gonna get our videos thouhg?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Ooo damn! bummer are we still gonna get our videos thouhg?
Hope we get news on the show more

We are starving...
Old 09-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Nooo! I really loved his entries! But I can totally understand his pov and I respect his decision. I just hope he'll keep writing things and posting vids every once in a while.