Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2017, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its a shame that now that it's starting that there is less focus on Cary again I loved that he got some story when it was still a secret

It doesn't really feel like an equal partnership

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 01-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Too bad it only lasted long enough for Alicia to make herself feel important

I think it would have been an interesting partnership. I actually thought from season 1 that they would end up partnering up.
I also thought F&A could have made the show fresh again, moving on from L&G for good. Instead they ended up there again. And I really didn't like how they handled Alicia and Cary partnership. The firm was mostly a Cary's idea and Alicia just joined them because her thing with Will but even so in the end she was the one who decided to end that project and without even respecting Cary's opinion. Also everything Cary said about merging with L&G again was true. And in end that's why he was forced to leave. That wasn't the firm he created anymore.

Quote:
I think Alicia was an awful partner.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also thought F&A could have made the show fresh again, moving on from L&G for good. Instead they ended up there again. And I really didn't like how they handled Alicia and Cary partnership.
Me neither.

Quote:
Whenever Alicia was concerned, there couldn't be an equal partnership. She always had to get her cake and eat it too and everyone else had to either stand back and admire her or become an enemy.

Quote:
The firm was mostly a Cary's idea and Alicia just joined them because her thing with Will but even so in the end she was the one who decided to end that project and without even respecting Cary's opinion.
And all this to... launch into this stupid election storyline that made no sense.

Quote:
Also everything Cary said about merging with L&G again was true. And in end that's why he was forced to leave. That wasn't the firm he created anymore.
Cary kept getting screwed. By L&G, by Alicia, again and again.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-26-2017, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
I also thought F&A could have made the show fresh again, moving on from L&G for good. Instead they ended up there again. And I really didn't like how they handled Alicia and Cary partnership. The firm was mostly a Cary's idea and Alicia just joined them because her thing with Will but even so in the end she was the one who decided to end that project and without even respecting Cary's opinion. Also everything Cary said about merging with L&G again was true. And in end that's why he was forced to leave. That wasn't the firm he created anymore.

I think Alicia was an awful partner.
Well put!
It is true, it was his idea and the idea of the 4th year associates... They just asked her.. I think mostly because of her name and because she's good of course but she acted like it was her thing to begin with.

It is a real shame actually that they made Alicia so unrootable as the show went on.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Whenever Alicia was concerned, there couldn't be an equal partnership. She always had to get her cake and eat it too and everyone else had to either stand back and admire her or become an enemy.
I know and maybe it wasn't writers' purpose but that's the reason I ended up not liking her at all.

Quote:
And all this to... launch into this stupid election storyline that made no sense.
What waste of time.

Quote:
It is a real shame actually that they made Alicia so unrootable as the show went on.
The more they separated her from Diane, Cary (and Kalinda) the more I stopped caring about her.

Quote:
Cary kept getting screwed. By L&G, by Alicia, again and again.
And by Diane.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really don't know how that happened. I don't know if it was JM's influence (I keep saying that Alicia slowly turned into Elizabeth Canterbury from her previous axed show as TGW went by) and she wanted her unlikable because it was a more interesting part for her as an actress, or if the Kings really just ****ed it up.

For sure they didn't mean for 90% of the viewers to be cheering when Diane slaps her at the end of the show? right?

Honestly of all the characters, Diane was the one who got the least cause to slap Alicia at the end. They had to come up with that thing to make it all happen right at the end but Cary or Kalinda would have been more likely candidates

Quote:
The more they separated her from Diane, Cary (and Kalinda) the more I stopped caring about her.
After Will was gone, they had no reason to stick by her. It was like Will was the glue holding all these characters together.

Quote:
And by Diane.
It was hot and cold with Diane and Cary. One episode she was treating him like the future of L&G, the next she was screwing him over as if he was just the mail guy.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Diane and Cary was very different yes, each episode they had a different relationship. I did like that she was his lawyer in court.

Watching S6 now, it's a shame the SA thing is overpowering Cary's storyline, I think that story could have been fleshed out a lot better!

Old 02-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Watching S6 now, it's a shame the SA thing is overpowering Cary's storyline, I think that story could have been fleshed out a lot better!
They never had time for supporting characters after season 1 unfortunately

Old 02-20-2017, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is sad

I wish there was some Matt news out there

Old 02-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I know! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for pilot season news with him

I wish he was on twitter.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Matt Czuchry To Star In ‘The Resident’ Fox Medical Drama Pilot | Deadline
Old 02-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Fox’s medical drama
Old 02-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm so happy finally we got a news. And that's a leading role for Matt! I really hope it will picked up!

Quote:
Coming off a seven-season run on The Good Wife, Matt Czuchry has been tapped as the co-lead opposite Bruce Greenwood and Manish Dayal in The Resident, Fox’s medical drama pilot written by Amy Holden Jones, Hayley Schore & Roshan Sethi, directed by Phillip Noyce and produced by Antoine Fuqua.
Quote:
The Resident centers on Devon Pravesh (Dayal), an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day under the supervision of a tough, brilliant senior resident, Conrad Hawkins who pulls the curtain back on all of the good and evil in modern day medicine. Lives may be saved or lost, but expectations will always be shattered.

Dayal’s Devon is a first-year resident at Kings County Hospital. Top of his class at medical school, the type to follow rules, driven and passionate when it comes to medicine, Devon is a hard-working perfectionist from a working-class background. Greenwood will play Chief of Surgery Dr. Soloman Bell, every inch the image of an ideal surgeon.
Quote:
The Resident centers on Devon Pravesh (Dayal), an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day under the supervision of a tough, brilliant and cocky senior resident, Conrad Hawkins (Czuchry) who pulls the curtain back on all of the good and evil in modern day medicine. Lives may be saved or lost, but expectations will always be shattered. Greenwood plays Chief of Surgery Dr. Soloman Bell
Matt Czuchry To Star In ‘The Resident’ Fox Medical Drama Pilot | Deadline
Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry, but it's not a great news. Last popular medical drama? Grey's Anatomy? House M.D started earlier. This genre is dead. Also... FOX. Plus it's sounds exactly like that Dermot Mulroney last year flop CBS show.
Hopefully it won't be picked up cuz it's DOA show.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:05 AM
Extreme Fan

The pilot was originally titled the City. It was described as a dark medical drama and Matt's character was intended to be really dark

Quote:
The City centers on an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day of residency under the supervision of a senior resident who appears tough and brilliant, but turns out to be a cunning and deadly psychopath. The project’s take on the medical drama genre is being compared to what The Shield did for police procedurals.
Showtime Sets Medical Drama From Antoine Fuqua & Amy Holden Jones | Deadline

A tweet from one of the writers/EPs