Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chesapeake Shores: 3.9 Forward to the Past

I completely understand Kevin being nervous about meeting Sarah's family. Her dad was a Navy SEAL. Dang. Sarah's parents seemed welcoming with Kevin, but it was entertaining to see Sarah's father test Kevin. Kevin and Sarah's trip brought them closer. I loved when Kevin told her dad that Sarah is the one that makes him better, not the other way around. Kevin has a job in Chesapeake Shores though while Sarah's in Philly. How is it going to work?

I like that Jess and David will be running Sally's for a while. I hope Jess isn't overly excited because running Sally's is not long term. I hate when Jess gets upset so chill and remain out of the clouds, Jess. Jess is freaking out about the future and while I understand because the future is scary... David is so chill and loyal, he's with her every step of the way. She needs to lean on him when she feels insecure and unsure. Everything is going to be okay.

Megan's reaction to the manuscript is understandable, but I can't blame Bree for admitting how she saw it. As usual, Nell has the best advice... to move on they are going to have to sit down and talk about it. The pattern also continues... Nell and Megan are communicating with Nell giving her support. Nell loves Megan. So they go there... deep dark secrets are revealed... but without healing and blame, instead. I do find it interesting that both Kevin and Abby are Team Mom. They were the oldest and they understand. I think it speaks volumes that they side with Megan. The younger siblings, sure, it hurt and they were confused. I understand their reactions but like I said, Kevin and Abby have the wisdom here. The truth about the family always sweeping their issues under the rug is highlighted by both Megan and Bree. It's clear it goes beyond Bree's book!

Then that idiot Simon chooses the moment Bree meets Caroline to make his reappearance. I almost wish Simon and Caroline had a fling so he'd leave.

I can understand where Abby is coming from, but I'm siding with Trace on this one. Trace is doing his best, and it's between him and Mick. I was glad to see her come around to Trace's way of thinking fairly quickly. But Abby has more issues on her plate. She doesn't know just yet about the tour thing, but also Bree's book, and the fact that she does handle things like her father which... as we know, isn't always the best approach. But then again, she is breaking free since Mick was against the book while Abby was more pro-book.

Trace certainly has a decision to make... how he'll make it work with Abby... I am not sure. John and Leigh trying to pressure Trace just pisses me off. Their band is great, and amazing opportunities are available, but he also has the right to live his own life without the guilt they are piling on top of him. If they were true friends, they wouldn't fault him for wanting to choose Abby and Chesapeake Shores. Abby's look on her face says it all. She is devastated.

Connor admitting that working with Danielle is weird is what I call an understatement. I don't like that they seem reunited. I don't trust her. She was horrible to him. What if she goes there again?

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2019 at 09:49 AM
Old 03-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just read a comment about the Megan situation that I entirely agree with...

Quote:
Mick is at the top of the list as it's my way or the highway with him. His wife was mentally ill, and he handled it badly. Then, instead of putting his family first, he was away working all the time. Now that he's older with regrets, he strongarms
I love Mick but he was wrong. Also, as a Clinical Psychologist, you are never going to get me not siding with someone who has mental illness and that's precisely what Megan had. Mental illness. Mick made wrong choices too.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-18-2019 at 06:45 AM
Old 03-03-2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chesapeake Shores 3.10 Before a Following Sea

Abby trying to get some of the family back together was sweet. I totally get why she made the attempt. Siblings absolutely need to stick together! The attempt didn't really work though. Abby does her next predictable thing... goes to Mick... her efforts are great (on paper) but this family is not the norm, lol.

Weirdly... Mick only seems concerned with what Abby was going to do about Trace and his band going on tour. It's so strange he's not too concerned with the family rift.

Leigh continuing to pressure Trace is so annoying. Doesn't she realize that ultimately she probably will get her way but it will end up backfiring since it's not ideally what he wants? His heart is with Abby, family, and Cheseapeake Shores. She can remove him for a while longer but he will either resent her or leave anyway. The writing is on the wall.

However.... Trace seemed more concerned about talking and focusing on everything except the decision of the band going on tour. I love Abby not having it.

Bree's bad mood... I usually love Bree but I don't really connect. I think it's because I hate Simon and couldn't give a rip about this Simon/Caroline BS.

With the family blowout, Megan seems to be making it her personal mission to go and apologize to each of the kids individually. Awe. I loved her interaction with Connor.

I will repeat... Megan had mental illness. Mental illness. That is like having cancer. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are cold and clueless. Megan didn't have the capability to be a parent and Mick didn't give her options. She thought she was making the best decision for her children and her health.

That said, I do understand the concerns, especially from the younger ones that didn't know like Abby and Kevin did.

It's heartbreaking though because sometimes you just need your mom... which was so clear when Bree couldn't resist telling Megan what was happening between Simon and Caroline. I think they are on the path to fixing things. Thankfully!

David's parents... oh no. Shocking but definitely humbling (if they have a sincere motive) not only coming to Chesapeake Shores for a visit but personally apologizing to both Jess and David. It's about time. David did seem eager to accept the apology from his parents, while Jess was hesitant. They hurt Jess and we know Jess has trust issues anyway, especially when it concerns parents. Their contribution to David and Jess' dream of owning a bed and breakfast will probably go a long way toward changing Jess' mind. Hopefully? I guess we'll see.

Kevin and Sarah are just so genuine. I will bet they will marry soon, they are just so perfect together. Sarah not wanting Kevin to leave his family, even though she appreciates the thought was beautiful, so she's the one who's moving. I adore these two.

Connor and Danielle... I just don't like her. I don't trust her.

Watching Trace and Abby finally discuss him going away for the tour was heartbreaking. I know these two have been through a lot and they always seem to come out the other side even stronger. But this feels different. Doesn't Trace realize success = even more opportunities? This isn't just the end or it might not be. Eventually Abby won't be able to take it anymore.

Quote:
Abby: I just, um, wanted to discuss you leaving.
Trace: I-I thought we talked about that.
Abby: Yeah. I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't think I can do this anymore.
Trace: But we've been doing it, and from my perspective, it's been working.
Abby: Yeah, and I know this might sound selfish, and I want you to be happy. This isn't the life that I want, and I can't share your dreams by giving up mine.
Trace: I'm living my dream. Right here, right now. And I thought this was your dream too.
Abby: I want a life with you, Trace. I want a family with you. I want to spend my life with you.
Trace: Abby. Abby, we can make this work. We have before and we're doing it now. We can have it all.
Abby: No, we can't have it all. Because we want different things. Trace, when I came back home for my family I knew everything I was giving up and I don't think you're ready to do that for us yet.
^ Heartbreaking...

See, Abby knows what she wants out of life, and she isn't willing to wait forever for it. So she made a difficult decision, but I think Abby did the right thing regardless of how hard it was.

The finale was clearly a set up for season 4... and to think we were worried about not getting a season 4.

Seriously, though... they all need to start the healing process and finally be a real family together. It is NOT just about Megan's leaving either... it is healing from Mick not being there. Remember season 1? Both Jess and Connor had major issues with Mick for his part. He played a big part, the biggest part if you ask me. Abby was their mother figure and their father figure was gone working. They need to deal with the entire situation.

I loved the moment of Trace signing the picture for Donovan's daughter. I think light bulbs went off as he finally realized what he is giving up. But he made his decision. He needs to see this play out and hope that in the end, it's not too late for his real dreams to come true and news flash, that's not music... his dreams are with Abby/family/Chesapeake Shores.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2019 at 12:43 PM
Old 03-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

ETA: Tweet seems to have disappeared?

Last edited by jediwands; 05-18-2019 at 06:41 AM
Old 03-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Weirdly... Mick only seems concerned with what Abby was going to do about Trace and his band going on tour. It's so strange he's not too concerned with the family rift.
That's because Mick is directly affected by the band going on tour. I love Mick, but business is the bottom line for him.

Quote:
Leigh continuing to pressure Trace is so annoying. Doesn't she realize that ultimately she probably will get her way but it will end up backfiring since it's not ideally what he wants? His heart is with Abby, family, and Cheseapeake Shores. She can remove him for a while longer but he will either resent her or leave anyway. The writing is on the wall.
She got on my last nerve. She forgets that he is in another committed relationship. It's like she's in denial.
Quote:
Bree's bad mood... I usually love Bree but I don't really connect. I think it's because I hate Simon and couldn't give a rip about this Simon/Caroline BS.
This is annoying filler.

Quote:
. She thought she was making the best decision for her children and her health.
You can't fault her decision because it was the best for her. That doesn't someone else would make a different decision and that could be right as well.

Quote:
Kevin and Sarah are just so genuine. I will bet they will marry soon, they are just so perfect together. Sarah not wanting Kevin to leave his family, even though she appreciates the thought was beautiful, so she's the one who's moving. I adore these two.
I forgot how this went down because it was so long ago that I watched the episode. But I think I remember feeling that Sarah was a little too blase about leaving. I could be wrong.

Quote:
Connor and Danielle... I just don't like her. I don't trust her.
She's the pits and Connor better not fall for it.

Quote:
See, Abby knows what she wants out of life, and she isn't willing to wait forever for it. So she made a difficult decision, but I think Abby did the right thing regardless of how hard it was.
Good for her. Not many women could be that strong.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's because Mick is directly affected by the band going on tour. I love Mick, but business is the bottom line for him.
But it's obvious they are insinuating he's never put family in front of business or he doesn't find family issues more significant than his business decisions. Which is sad.

Quote:
She got on my last nerve. She forgets that he is in another committed relationship. It's like she's in denial.
She's the worst.

Quote:
This is annoying filler.

You can't fault her decision because it was the best for her. That doesn't someone else would make a different decision and that could be right as well.
I'm not sure what you mean? You wanted her around her young children suffering severe mental illness? Or what do you mean?

Quote:
I forgot how this went down because it was so long ago that I watched the episode. But I think I remember feeling that Sarah was a little too blase about leaving. I could be wrong.
Got it.

Quote:
She's the pits and Connor better not fall for it.
I dislike her and Simon. They both need to leave my screen.

Quote:
Good for her. Not many women could be that strong.
Nope.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean? You wanted her around her young children suffering severe mental illness? Or what do you mean?

I just think that she was away a very long time and I don't believe she was suffering severe mental illness all of that time. I would have sought help, but I just wouldn't have moved cross country. That's me. Everyone makes his own decisions.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I forgot to add a few thoughts...

1. The very reason why Abby made a decision not to accept the Trace going to Europe was because in Trace she saw Mick... she saw Mick, her father, who abandoned their family and she wasn't about to put up with it again... she wasn't going to allow her children to endure what she endured with her very own father. The Abby/Gran scene confirmed this.

2. I loved how Megan and Mick added to Bree's story... the "we" was just perfect. Singling out and blaming just Megan or just Mick is missing the entire point to this story. Both Megan and Mick are taking full responsibility for what happened years ago.

3. Where there is love, there is always hope. Awesome quote.

4. The sailboat represents hope, new chances, a different, better path.

Looking forward to season 4!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2019 at 07:03 PM
Old 03-04-2019, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just think that she was away a very long time and I don't believe she was suffering severe mental illness all of that time. I would have sought help, but I just wouldn't have moved cross country. That's me. Everyone makes his own decisions.
1. We don't know how long precisely she was suffering from severe mental illness. So we don't know the answer to this. We can't even speculate because the fact is we have no idea how long she suffered from severe mental illness. It was never revealed.

2. We also don't know when and if she got help. She might have gotten help immediately, eventually, it might have been a long process. We have no idea.

3. She didn't move across the country. She went to NYC. Maryland to NYC is about 3 hours.

4. We do know that Mick made the situation way worse. We know he basically punished her for leaving. We know this based on what has been stated. He punished his wife for having mental illness... let that sink in for a second. Then he abandoned his children by turning to work.

I think it's pretty clear Mick is not clean here.

I think it's fitting they both wrote back to Bree. It was fitting because they are both to blame for the situation. Megan had mental illness, she was sick, and I am never going to agree with anyone who downgrades or disregards this. Along with ignoring Mick's part because his part was huge. They both didn't handle things perfectly and that was the entire point to the last part of the season finale when they went with WE in response to Bree's book and their additional comments.

So it's a WE thing and as a family now they have the recipe to finally start healing from the past.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-04-2019 at 06:51 AM
Old 03-04-2019, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 03-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, we're just going to have to agree to the fact that we don't see the situation the same and end it at that.

Quote:
Beautiful couple.

Quote:
The sailboat represents hope, new chances, a different, better path.
Yes! And boy did that sailboat get fixed quickly! lol

Quote:
Looking forward to season 4!
Me, too.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle, we're just going to have to agree to the fact that we don't see the situation the same and end it at that.
Good idea, lol. The topic of mental illness is sensitive for me. It's my profession (I know a lot about it obviously) and I just can't go there as far as arguing something this delicate and important.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-04-2019 at 08:44 AM
Old 03-05-2019, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

She's incredible for bringing to light just how serious PPD is and the importance of mental health as seen in the same light as any physical ailment we receive like cancer and lupus... since it is the same. What a wonderful human being for talking about this serious illness... awareness is key. Ignorance without understanding or caring is a pathetic shame...

Thank you, Barbara Niven. Through your character and your words, we are able to bring into focus a very real and serious condition many women suffer from and mental health in general. Thank you.

Quote:
Barbara Niven shared a video.
October 6, 2018 ·
To my dear #Chessies... I just want to say a very personal thank you from both me and Megan O’Brien for the way you have embraced Chesapeake Shores and our O’Brien family... through all our struggles, hurts, hopes and dreams. And... I want to talk about about a topic that is too often taboo... #MentalHealth.

As a mother and grandmother, as I play this character my heart hurts for Megan and for whatever mistakes she has made in the past. I hope so much that she can help this family confront the truth finally and heal going forward.

Postpartum depression is real and people struggle with mental health issues every day, too often in silence. It is still considered shameful and people hide their pain until sometimes it is too late. But not talking about it can destroy lives and families for generations.

Please, if you or someone you know is suffering in silence, make today the day you reach out and ask for help. Years ago when I was suffering from over 30 years of Bulimia, I reached my bottom and finally called an 800 number for Eating Disorders. As I said the first words, it was such a relief to tell someone and start the healing process! It was my miracle, and it has made all the difference in my life! You deserve that too, you are worth it. Please don't settle for less than wonderful in your life either... and don't give up five minutes before your miracle!

I hope that as people watch the O’Brien family try to put the pieces back together, it opens up discussions and dialogues not only about mental health issues but other things that can drive families apart. Communication is everything. As I think our beloved Nell would say… it’s never too late to start over and try again. And that love, in all its messy imperfections, is forever. ❤️

Thanks to each of you for a fabulous Season 3 and I hope to see you at the season finale Sunday night. Please also join our FB LIVE cast party before it airs at 8/7c!

Much love and blessings to you and your family...
Barbara and Megan xo

Hallmark Channel USA Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Daniel L. Paulson Productions #FoBN #ChesapeakeShores Bill Abbott Michelle Vicary Nancey Silvers Michael Berns Kirsten Hansen Randy Pope Terry Ingram Sean McNamara Fans of Hallmark Channel's Chesapeake Shores Chesapeake Shores Daily Paulson Dan Laurie Ferneau Melke Branding Kayleigh Hawes Stephanie Sherman Pam Slay Sherryl Woods Matt Drake Maria Arnold Fischer MPCA and Brad Krevoy Television Nicole Hansen I Am A Superwoman Super Channel Heart & Home Super Channel #CrosswordMysteries Angela Megrey
As a Clinical Psychologist who is a specialist in this area I will never stop talking about this any chance I get. It is important. Awareness is important!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Treat Williams is starring on Blue Bloods tonight... CBS 10pm ET.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Really?

Patricia even advised me not to until the renewal was official.

Yes, I did. I feel like if you didn't know, as I didn't know, if the show wasn't coming back...it would be like digging the knife in just a little bit deeper and turning it eding more and more into the heart. Wow, that was a long sentence. lol

I feel like, the last scene, with Trace reflecting on seeing Donovan with his daughter is really telling. Without knowing what Trace would say the next time he spoke or saw Abby face to face is heartbreaking. Thinking we MAY NEVER have gotten that is even worse. So, that was my advice
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread