Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alexi is right on here...

Alexi Lalas calls out USMNT in epic rant | Goal.com
Old 09-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Fantasy Football

Good news is I have a strong chance to win week 1.

Bad news? I have David Johnson and Danny Woodhead on my team. Unfreaken-believable.
Well, the Praetorian Guard won handily, 162.1 - 115.2.

Sweater Puppies is winning 87-71.3, but I have one player left to play, and he has 4.

My other team, that I didn't realize I had until right before the first game Thursday, is losing 71.3-85.3, and the other team has 4 to play.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
The description sounds inspiring. Glad it worked out!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
How did the Steelers play anyway?
The definition of an ugly win. Bell was the player Cleveland was determined to stop... and they did. Antonio Brown was still the amazing Antonio Brown though. T.J. Watt was spectacular. Love when you find out very early on that a draft pick is going to work out... we did with T.J. Watt yesterday. Cleveland Browns are a different team this season, book it... I am happy to say.

Overall it was an ugly win against a rival in their backyard. But it was a win!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
OMG...the Giants truly sucked last night!
Man is this team different without OBJ. I also couldn't believe how much Marshall was ignored in the passing game. Eli Manning isn't the same QB either. Still think the defense is good but they went up against a really good Dallas offense last night! They won't be this bad overall because not everyone has that Dallas offensive line, elite RB, extremely good QB.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Haha don't like him overall but he's bang on here. Maybe he will literally light a fire underneath them. I am honestly the most disappointed in CP. We expected great things from him, he is a supposed star in Europe, right? He was hiding during these last couple of matches on the ground crying in pain. I don't care if you had four people on your a$$ marking you... the true superstars find a way! Ronaldo would have.

Anyway, hope Alexi does spark some emotion from them.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Well, the Praetorian Guard won handily, 162.1 - 115.2.

Sweater Puppies is winning 87-71.3, but I have one player left to play, and he has 4.

My other team, that I didn't realize I had until right before the first game Thursday, is losing 71.3-85.3, and the other team has 4 to play.
Success for you overall! That's great.

I am waiting to see WTF kind of injury it is to Johnson. I handcuffed him so I already have Williams but even if he's technically the #2, Ellington out-touched him yesterday. It's probably a committee and I despise those. To make matters worse, I had Danny Woodhead, who was going to do major damage for Baltimore. I hate the Ravens for obvious reasons but like Woodhead on and off the field. Glad I had him. Now the reinjury and it's probably very serious. I have Cook at RB for Minnesota and Gore for Indy but without Luck and his age, he's not going to help me at all while Johnson is injured. I will wait and see what to do. Roll with Williams or make other plans.

As for Fantasy... I am 10 points down heading into tonight and I have:

Cook
Diggs
Minnesota Defense

Opponent has no one tonight.

Looks like a probable win but we will see. I am going to need this win if I'm going with patch work until Johnson returns. The one year I get the number 1 pick and this happens to me.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

I have Adam Thielen tonight.

You could pick up Chicago's other back. He looked like he's going to get more than a few carries.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The definition of an ugly win. Bell was the player Cleveland was determined to stop... and they did. Antonio Brown was still the amazing Antonio Brown though. T.J. Watt was spectacular. Love when you find out very early on that a draft pick is going to work out... we did with T.J. Watt yesterday. Cleveland Browns are a different team this season, book it... I am happy to say.

Overall it was an ugly win against a rival in their backyard. But it was a win!
Ugly wins definitely happen in the week 1 of an season (most of the time anyway) so it's good to see the Steelers win that. TJ Watt looks like an great pick so far How did the defense play?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The description sounds inspiring. Glad it worked out!
Did you read the whole thing?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I have Adam Thielen tonight.

You could pick up Chicago's other back. He looked like he's going to get more than a few carries.
I have Thielen too. I don't know whether to play Diggs or Thielen. Diggs is in there right now but honestly, every local sports analyst is saying Thielen is the receiver to own in Minnesota because Diggs is injury prone and Bradford and Thielen have a wonderful chemistry. You were smart picking up Thielen because he's now in the slot and there's strong talk in Minnesota he's going to out touch Diggs all season long.

Yes, that is my plan, picking up Chicago's other back. I am 7th on the waiver wire and wonder how many others will want to go there too.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-11-2017 at 10:42 AM
Old 09-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ugly wins definitely happen in the week 1 of an season (most of the time anyway) so it's good to see the Steelers win that. TJ Watt looks like an great pick so far How did the defense play?
Defense played good too. Much improved. You can see the changes over the off season for sure. Great start with the TD!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Did you read the whole thing?
Yep. What do you think of Rupert Murdoch?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This doesn't sound good....

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/09/11...cup-qualifiers
Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No, it doesn't. I am struggling with two major football injuries for Fantasy Football and now hearing about this just ticks me off even more. Ahhhhhhhh injuries are part of playing sports but this is nuts.

This is especially bad if you're a Morris fan in general because he was evolving big time in a regular rotation. He will be set back and have to essentially start all over again once he gets back on the field. I hope he doesn't go down the Stuart Holden path. I know it's just a hamstring but you never know. Especially since one of my football players had a lingering hamstring injury in the preseason. He gets on the field yesterday in his FIRST series and not only immediately reinjures the hammy, but he was literally carted off the field and they expect he's missing very significant time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread