Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
You and Alan shared this.
Yes!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 08:45 PM
Administrator

I remember you saying that about Alan Michelle. Those Hallmark/Lifetime movies do have a magical Holiday air about them.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I remember you saying that about Alan Michelle. Those Hallmark/Lifetime movies do have a magical Holiday air about them.

Alan loved these movies. At the heart of Alan was a softie hopeless romantic.

Yes, Betty and Alan would discuss movies that were on over the years.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
oh I adore them. They may have the same plot and not be close to realistic, but they just bring magic for the two hours they are on television.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
oh I adore them. They may have the same plot and not be close to realistic, but they just bring magic for the two hours they are on television.
Magic is a good word to describe them.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Looking forward to the rest of our rewatch, the last part of S4 because I cannot wait to analyze the Hannah character more as well as the Bright & Hannah pairing.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot wait until Hannah arrives in my rewatch since this is the first time i'm doing an actual rewatch
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-19-2022, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I cannot wait until Hannah arrives in my rewatch since this is the first time i'm doing an actual rewatch
Yes, I see Hannah much more positively in this rewatch overall. I was more neutral before and now I like her much better overall. The political stuff does come up though which... I guess I am Team Amy. LOL. But overall, I view Hannah differently, especially with Bright. Alexa also brought up something about Bright and Hannah and their lack of sex too in this rewatch. She mentioned their age difference no one really talks about. And everyone was on Hannah to have sex with Bright or not be a tease when the reality is she wasn't even 18 and he was considered an adult. It is interesting because this was not mentioned before in any other watch or rewatch. We explored this during the current rewatch.

Rewatching is so much fun since it seems you hit on new topics all the time!
Old 12-20-2022, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, I see Hannah much more positively in this rewatch overall. I was more neutral before and now I like her much better overall. The political stuff does come up though which... I guess I am Team Amy. LOL. But overall, I view Hannah differently, especially with Bright. Alexa also brought up something about Bright and Hannah and their lack of sex too in this rewatch. She mentioned their age difference no one really talks about. And everyone was on Hannah to have sex with Bright or not be a tease when the reality is she wasn't even 18 and he was considered an adult. It is interesting because this was not mentioned before in any other watch or rewatch. We explored this during the current rewatch.

Rewatching is so much fun since it seems you hit on new topics all the time!
We never have discussed Hannah's age in any stories and does that mean she was younger than Amy? Also, how much older is Bright than Amy?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-20-2022, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We never have discussed Hannah's age in any stories and does that mean she was younger than Amy? Also, how much older is Bright than Amy?
In S4 Ephram and Amy are college freshman and Hannah is a senior in high school.

Hannah was one year younger than Ephram and Amy. Bright was held back a year (I think, unless I’m thinking he just delayed college a year?) so he’d be… either two or three years older than Ephram and Amy and three or four years older than Hannah.

If Hannah is 17/18 senior year then Bright is 20/21.

In S3, when they got started Hannah was 16/17 and Bright was 19/20.

Does this make sense?
Old 12-20-2022, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Bright was held back a year, so when he graduated High School, he would have been 19, and when he and Hannah started dating, he was 20, and he celebrated his 21st birthday (and got drunk and fell through a window) after they broke up.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-20-2022, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thank you for filling in the blanks! We’re not there quite yet with the rewatch.

Yes, it is pretty amazing that before Alexa brought it up, no one really mentioned their age difference or that Hannah was a minor for a while during. It could be because Hannah never had sex with him so there was no need. But it’s kind of bizarre that Bright wanted to have sex with her and no one really brought up the fact that if Hannah would have she wasn’t an adult until later senior year and certainly not as a junior when they first got together.
Old 12-20-2022, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
^ Thank you for filling in the blanks! We’re not there quite yet with the rewatch.
You're welcome, and that's true.

Quote:
Yes, it is pretty amazing that before Alexa brought it up, no one really mentioned their age difference or that Hannah was a minor for a while during. It could be because Hannah never had sex with him so there was no need. But it’s kind of bizarre that Bright wanted to have sex with her and no one really brought up the fact that if Hannah would have she wasn’t an adult until later senior year and certainly not as a junior when they first got together.
I guess that the age difference between Bright and Hannah was glossed over at the time but we're much more attuned to that age difference now, or at least Alexa was, as I personally didn't think of it.

Old 12-20-2022, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're welcome, and that's true.

I guess that the age difference between Bright and Hannah was glossed over at the time but we're much more attuned to that age difference now, or at least Alexa was, as I personally didn't think of it.
Right!

I did not think about it either, not even for a second until Alexa brought up this topic. It’s very interesting. I think partially it was because they did not have a sexual relationship (the shower moment was the most sexual moment they had).

I do know that Madison apologists stated the age of consent in Colorado was 17. I don’t know why they went with the state of Colorado because Everwood doesn’t even exist in Colorado even if the story of Everwood says it exists in Colorado. However, Greg Berlanti pretty much told us what was legal and illegal as far as sexual relationships and Ephram and Madison CLEARLY was illegal.

That said, if you apply this to Hannah and Bright she would have been at least 17 during the shower scene. If they would have done anything sexually in S3 she would have been 16.

Either way, there was an age difference between them even if Hannah was not as young Ephram was when he started dating Madison and their age difference was bigger.
Reply   Post New Thread