Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am currently going through Gossip Girl. I really don't like how they changed Serenas character either.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Ugh. Sawyer/Kate. No thanks.
They were so gross. They brought out the worst in each other.

Quote:
If it hadn't been for Sawyer/Juliet, I would have been rooting for him to end the series sad and alone.
Me too.

Quote:
100% Clexa here. I didn't mind the idea of Bellarke until this season. There's some work to be done if they want me to get back to a place where I'm not against Bellarke.
Taryn had a good idea that maybe Pike and company are affected by the CoL somehow and aren't fully in control of their behavior. It could also explain the Wells hallucination on the Ark... Jaha wasn't under control just yet (that we know of) but maybe somehow ALIE did get a hold of him before he actually took the pill, etc. I don't know. I feel like it would be a way to forgive their behavior... maybe the only way!

Quote:
I have multiple, but at the top of the list is Linctavia. It hasn't had a lot of good moments this season, but I'm holding out hope that something good is coming. I also like Kabby. That one has been a slow burn, so I think that once it catches fire, it'll be a couple that lasts through until the end of the show. I liked Raven/Wick, but that seems dead in the water, so I'm not sure if I'll find someone for Raven. I actually don't care that much as long as she is finally happy and not drinking the Kool-Aid or being in pain.
I like Linctavia and Kabby too. I liked the potential of Raven/Wick. I can't see Raven with anyone else right now. She has had such a tortured past. The pain she carries from not only Finn's death but how their romantic relationship died, to her injuries. It's all so damn much. Wick seemed to have been a perfect partner, even intellectually, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Quote:
I wouldn't care either, but I think that Kara/James is going to happen at some point. I'm just not sure how soon it will be. Since they went all father/daughter with Alex and J'Onn, they'll have to introduce someone awesome for me to ship Alex with them. No one on the show now is good enough for her IMO.
Kara/James is definitely happening.

Quote:
I never cared about Rory's dating life. The only couple I ever cared about on GG was Luke/Lorelai.
Me too, which is why I can sit back, eat my popcorn, and just watch and see how her love life plays out. I can already tells there's some tension going on between the shippers and I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.

Quote:
Mine hasn't really. I honestly can't think of a single show where I legitimately liked two shipper pairings that involved the same character like you seem to be equally okay with Bellarke and Clexa.
I also like the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers equally and you know that just never happens so I guess I'm rare.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Shows you how good she is that J'onn had to revert to alien form finally.
LOL I know, I was completely shocked! I think it might mean they are equal overall when he's using his human side but he overpowers her of course when he goes into alien mode.

Alex is such a badass.

Quote:
Yeah, as soon as Kara started that story I thought "well, this is the end of Lucy/James because she won't have ever heard this story." I'm glad that it was something like this that broke them up though and not her jealousy over his involvement with Supergirl. I mean, that story shows that James is already more comfortable with Kara than he was with Lucy despite months and months of a relationship, and it really showed her the light and let her know that the disintegration of the relationship really wasn't her fault. James really does have feelings for Lucy, but they aren't as strong as the ones he has for Kara but is denying.
You're right... the break up was good because it was swift and did make sense. Yes, I think James wanted to push away his feelings for Kara but it wasn't because he didn't feel something for Lucy and was just hiding out with her. He does love Lucy but not as much as he loves Kara. He's not in love with Lucy anymore basically but he does love her. He's in love with Kara.

I do wonder if this means Lucy won't know for a while that Kara's Supergirl or will she find out nevertheless.

Quote:
I read a little about her on the DC Wiki, and it seems like she's a lot different in the comics than she was on the show. From what I read, Indigo is a completely different persona than the Brainiac 8 one that is also referred to. Indigo was basically a hero and a member of The Outsiders before the Brainiac 8 persona took over.
Interesting. Very different then!

Quote:
That's the implication I got too.
Ick.

Quote:
Probably not, but it was very Cat like.
LOL It was, and I actually kind of like her like that. She can have moments with James and Kara that melt your heart but then she can turn around and act like she's 10 years old. I think it not only keeps up the great humor and light energy of the show but it also shows the complexity of the character. She's not perfect, she has rough edges but overall she has a good heart. I think it'd be very unrealistic if suddenly she grew a halo.

Quote:
It would take a lot of maturing for me to actually be for a Winn/Alex pairing, but if it came down to choosing between that and an Alex/Maxwell Lord pairing, it'd be Walex all the way.
Of course it could be kind of weird that Winn falls in love with both sisters. But I won't think about that, lol. Yes, between Alex/Max and Alex/Winn, let's go with Alex/Winn!

Quote:
I thought of you as soon as he said that.
At the commercial I quickly did a rewind so I could hear him say it again.

Quote:
Yeah, as long as it stays a hook-up, he can't feel bad when she turns evil, since it is obviously coming.
Exactly.

Quote:
I liked that scene, but I thought the giant key with the Superman symbol was kinda dorky.
Haha

Quote:
I didn't notice that, but then again I don't watch for Easter eggs like that usually.
I definitely didn't notice it either, but it's fun that people do so we can then notice it, lol.

Quote:
That scene was amazing. I thought for a horrible second that Kara was just going to walk out after that emotional confession from Alex, so I was very glad she she stepped up and hugged her, but I really liked that she included J'onn in that moment since she's been being so unfair to him for the past couple episodes. A verbal apology wasn't needed. You could tell that he got what she was 'saying' without her having to verbalize it.
Exactly. Melissa was so great with her acting non-verbally... you FELT the pain and shock she endured as Alex told her the truth but it quickly changed to "I love my sister Alex, more" as she went to embrace her.

Oh man, I LOVE this scene.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I am currently going through Gossip Girl. I really don't like how they changed Serenas character either.
How did Serena change? She was a hot mess who was neglected by her parents who slowly learned to believe in herself mostly courtesy of Dan. She had moments when she slipped back into hotmess mode, but I found she was the most consistent of all the characters outside of Nate.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I am somewhat similar . I'm definitely into mature adult pairings which is why quite often I don't like couples like Blair/Chuck. I respect people who like them, but I don't.

Also if I don't like OTP of the show I just stop watching the show. If the writers can't make me like their OTP then I am not into their writing so it doesn't make sense for me to watch it.

Unless of course the show is sci-fi or thriller or crimi and the OTP is not that featured. Then I can watch it.
That's pretty much my MO too. There has to be another element to keep me watching. But, sometimes even that doesn't work.

I need to catch up wit supergirl, I'm so behind, but its almost finals time and I have assignments to grade so I've fallen behind.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
How did her character change? I always loved Serena and actually found as the series moved along I liked her more and more whereas the others I liked less and less.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
That's pretty much my MO too. There has to be another element to keep me watching. But, sometimes even that doesn't work.
Sometimes indeed nothing can keep me to watch . Other times it works. For example I don't care about Kara/James in Supergirl, but this doesn't bother me. I don't hate them, I just don't find them interesting at all. I don't see chemistry, nor story there. Sorry. It's forced. It's not natural like other couples (Amy/Ephram, Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Erin/Jay). You get my point. I want something more, but still the show has other elements so I can watch.

Quote:
I need to catch up wit supergirl, I'm so behind, but its almost finals time and I have assignments to grade so I've fallen behind.
I'm behind as well. Also quite busy at work so at the moment I watch only Chicago PD, but once I have time I will try to catch up.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love Supergirl too much to fall behind. I eagerly await each episode. I just make time for it even if I really don't have the time. Same with the other three shows I watch. I'm either all in or I'm not which is probably why I watch such few shows. I also like to analyze and speculate with fandom and can't do that if I fall behind. I even do live chats with Cleveland friends with 2/4 shows. This is my stress relief.

If I watched a ton of shows though and considered some casual there's no way I would stay on track. I would just go with my favorite shows and let the other ones slip. But that's not me anyway, if I watch I WATCH and participate with fandom since the analyzing and speculating, for me, are almost a bigger deal than the actual episodes.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-01-2016 at 02:07 PM
Old 03-02-2016, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I love Supergirl too much to fall behind. I eagerly await each episode. I just make time for it even if I really don't have the time. Same with the other three shows I watch. I'm either all in or I'm not which is probably why I watch such few shows. I also like to analyze and speculate with fandom and can't do that if I fall behind. I even do live chats with Cleveland friends with 2/4 shows. This is my stress relief.
That's cool that you live chat while watching.

Quote:
If I watched a ton of shows though and considered some casual there's no way I would stay on track. I would just go with my favorite shows and let the other ones slip. But that's not me anyway, if I watch I WATCH and participate with fandom since the analyzing and speculating, for me, are almost a bigger deal than the actual episodes.
Definitely. This is you for sure . For me it's different.

I can have no more than one show that I could speculate and discuss in forums and stuff like that. If I watch certain amount of shows I have one show that I watch like that and the rest I binge watch whenever I have the time.

Before Chicago PD it was Supergirl, but to be honest I like Chicago PD more so Supergirl was substituted by Chicago PD. This means that Supergirl goes to the binge watch category. The other show that is there is Castle. Currently those are the two shows that I watch besides Chicago PD, but when I have the time. While Chicago PD is a must see whenever the episode goes on air.

However if I decided at some point that the show is not that interesting anymore I could either demote it to binge watch category or to stop watching category. And then I might find another show that goes into the must watch immediately category.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

The only shows I can't fall behind on are the Flash and Suits (only one more episode )
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
The only shows I can't fall behind on are the Flash and Suits (only one more episode )
Suits has one more episode to go and the series is over? I don't know much about this series. Do you suspect it will end the way you want it to?
Old 03-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pretty Little Liars

Thoughts on the episode as a whole later but wow, there was a Spencer/Toby flashback scene showing them in college and why they broke up. I had tears. Troian and Keegan were so good. Wow. The acting was so convincing, their chemistry was off the charts. They always have chemistry but it seems like they both took each other to the side before filming and agreed that they would do their best work together as an on screen couple... man, they really did. It was a pregnancy scare, coupled with them both going in different directions. It was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever seen in history of TV. Everyone that's remotely seen Troian Bellisario act understands she's one of the best actresses out there. But Keegan brought it too and together, they were on fire.

I hope MK takes the time to reunite Spencer/Toby just like she took the time to give us that heartbreaking scene. If she does, Spencer/Toby fans are in for a treat. Incredible stuff.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
if I watch I WATCH and participate with fandom since the analyzing and speculating, for me, are almost a bigger deal than the actual episodes.
Hahaha, this is so me. I really think that's part of the reason I'm such a huge X-Files fan, because it was the first show I was able to discuss and dissect episodes of with other fans. Never before in my life had I found people who liked to discuss TV shows like they were real life. (Except maybe soap operas, which I hate anyway.)
Old 03-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Hahaha, this is so me. I really think that's part of the reason I'm such a huge X-Files fan, because it was the first show I was able to discuss and dissect episodes of with other fans. Never before in my life had I found people who liked to discuss TV shows like they were real life. (Except maybe soap operas, which I hate anyway.)
Right! Fandom is a big part of the process. It brings the show to life all the more... discussing, analyzing, speculating, etc. This part is just as good as the show itself.

It's a natural way to deal with real life and the daily stress. I appreciate my mind focusing, allowing the intellect to flow and experiencing it with others who want to discuss away. It's cheaper than anti-anxiety medication.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Just saw the episode and I had the same experience. It was a wonderful flashback. They were both really, really great. I've always thought Troian was the best actress out of the four, followed by Ashley, Lucy and then Shay. The scene was perfection. Other than that I also liked that she told him the truth about Caleb and ''A'' being back.

God, is it just me, or do the villains seem way scarier this season with the masks and now that guy with the cars. Brrrr. Creeps

I wish Aria would have told Ezra the truth about the new ''A'' aswell. Loved their scenes.

Quote:
Pretty Little Liars

Thoughts on the episode as a whole later but wow, there was a Spencer/Toby flashback scene showing them in college and why they broke up. I had tears. Troian and Keegan were so good. Wow. The acting was so convincing, their chemistry was off the charts. They always have chemistry but it seems like they both took each other to the side before filming and agreed that they would do their best work together as an on screen couple... man, they really did. It was a pregnancy scare, coupled with them both going in different directions. It was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever seen in history of TV. Everyone that's remotely seen Troian Bellisario act understands she's one of the best actresses out there. But Keegan brought it too and together, they were on fire.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread