Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
Michelle, I think you made the record of longest post in one thread
I am definitely known for long posts but this one was extra long due to several days of thoughts circling around in my head along with Alan bringing to the table such fasincating insight. I couldn't help myself!

Are you a Lost fan?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

I can't get over how much I love Sawyer whenever he is near Juliet. He is like an entirely different person. I couldn't love this guy more, he is so sweet. I remember him in earlier seasons and I cannot believe it is the same guy! He changed so much... he changed the minute he fell in love with Juliet.

Elizabeth Mitchell is fabulous. I mentioned how much I love her voice and I talked about how Alex has similar inflections, heh. Apparently her voice is a popular topic because I read this long discussion about how her voice, in itself, makes her acting all the more phenomenal. LOL. I have to agree. EM goes with all the elements whenever she graces the screen. She really is a top notch actress.

This.
Never.
Gets.
Old.

YouTube - Sawyer and Juliet Reunion/Kiss - Lost Finale - The End

ETA:

Harry Potter

Alex just showed me this:

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows MTV HD Clip (subtitulado)

Last edited by jediwands; 06-07-2010 at 12:20 PM
Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Question about the Afterlife revelation in the finale... when did you realize the Losties existed in the Afterlife? Was there a specific moment when it clicked for you?
I honestly didn't realize that until the Jack/Christian conversation in the church. I realized that Jack was going to die much earlier than that, but the realization that everyone in Sideways was in the afterlife just didn't bore through my thick skull until it was spelled out for me.

Quote:
You're right on. I get highly annoyed by that as well. One thing I have heard is the ending being a cop-out because a long while back the Purgatory ending was proposed for the ISLAND... the Island being Purgatory and Darlton clearly stated that was not happening.
That is annoying. How is it a cop-out when they supposedly knew how they were going to end it long ago? Even if they didn't, the Sideways thing wasn't a cop-out so much as a storytelling device to allow them to tell a tragic and inspirational storyline at the same time. I've read in interviews that Darlton have said that they couldn't have told the story this season without Sideways. That's not necessarily true. If you pull all the Sideways stuff out, then season 6 would have been strong on it's own, but there wouldn't have been any sort positive emotional payoff. Sideways allowed them to mix tragedy and hope, especially in the final episode. Without the knowledge of Jack's eventual happy ending in Sideways land, his death in the finale most likely would have ignited quite the firestorm of bile and hatred. As it was, we got the powerfully tragic story of Jack's ultimate sacrifice, and we got to witness his ultimate reward for those actions.

Quote:
Lmao. What do you think of that? Did you desire or think a Jack/Kate reunion kiss was missing or were you satisfied with what we got? I found the Jack/Kate scenes captivating to the extent that a full blush was planted all over my face with a silly grin so I was moved to the core and always will be, yet now that the recapper mentioned this I thought I would pose the question about the lack of kiss there and see what you thought?
I thought their scenes were great, but I agreed with her. I was slightly preturbed that we didn't even get a freaking peck on the lips. Sawyer and Kate locked lips at the drop of a hat, and every other couple in Sideways made out like crazy when they had their 'awakening,' but Jack and Kate just smile (albeit wonderfully) at each other and hold hands? Dirty pool Darlton, especially considering that Damon hasn't made any bones about being a Jater.

Side note: am I alone in noticing that when Kate kisses Sawyer it starts out slow and builds, but when she kisses Jack she immediately looks like she's trying to eat his face? Stylistic choice on Evangeline's part, or unconscious reaction to making out with Matthew Fox? Hehehe.

As for Walt, I agree with you totally. I hope that his time on the island wasn't the most important time of his life, because he led a pretty sad life if it was. Everyone else had some sort of life-changing experience there, and Walt just wasn't around long enough for that to happen.

Side note #2: I'm trying to figure out a way to weasel the complete series DVD out of my family. My birthday is less than two weeks after the release date, but my family normally doesn't make a big deal out of birthdays present-wise. Maybe I can convince everyone to go together.

Killers

So, I've totally changed my tune on Ashton Kutcher. I used to hate him, back in the Punk'd days. I don't really know why, but I did. Now, maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of That 70's Show, or maybe it's because I liked him in A Lot Like Love and Valentine's Day, but sometime in the past year I've decided that I not only don't mind Ashton, but I actually kinda like him. That's why I went to this movie. Color me glad that I did. I laughed throughout the movie, and Ashton was actually pretty believeable as an assassin. The cast as a whole did a great job, and the script was decent and without any glaring plotholes, outside of the fact that all of the assassins always waited just long enough for Ashton's character to catch on before attacking him, instead of sneaking up and shooting him in the back.

Prince of Persia

My sister guilted me into this one because no one would go with her. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. Gemma Artherton was passable in her role, and she looked smoking hot throughout. Jake Gylenhall stretched credibility at times as an acrobatic soldier and swordfighter. The story was nothing groundbreaking, and the special effects were only so-so, but I definitely enjoyed this one way more than the second and third Pirates movies.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell is fabulous. I mentioned how much I love her voice and I talked about how Alex has similar inflections, heh. Apparently her voice is a popular topic because I read this long discussion about how her voice, in itself, makes her acting all the more phenomenal. LOL. I have to agree. EM goes with all the elements whenever she graces the screen. She really is a top notch actress.
Hear hear. Bravo. I totally agree obviously. If not for Elizabeth Mitchell, then there's no way that Juliet would be my second favorite character on Lost. It was a character that easily could have become supremely hated like Ana-Lucia, but EM brought so much to the role, outside of her amazing good looks, that it developed into a great role.

I was checking out the TWoP Emmy Wishlist, and I thought it would be an interesting discussion topic. If you were in charge, what shows would you nominate for an Emmy?

Here's my list (and I'm keeping these mostly to shows I actually watch, so mine will probably be different than others):

Outstanding Drama Series
Lost
Friday Night Lights

Outstanding Actor in a Drama
Matthew Fox (Lost)
Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights)
Kiefer Sutherland (24)
Matthew Bomer (White Collar)
Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice)
David Boreanaz (Bones)

Outstanding Actress in a Drama
Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights)
Anna Torv (Fringe)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama
Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights)
Terry O'Quinn (Lost)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama
Annie Wersching (24)

Outstanding Comedy Series
Better Off Ted
Chuck
Psych
Community
Modern Family

Outstanding Actor in a Comedy
Jay Harrington (Better Off Ted)
Joel McHale (Community)
Zachary Levi (Chuck)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)

Outstanding Actress in a Comedy
Portia DeRossi (Better Off Ted)
Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy
Adam Baldwin (Chuck)
Danny Pudi (Community)
Ed O'Neill (Modern Family)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy
Alison Brie (Community)
Sofia Vergara (Modern Family)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My Wishlist...

Outstanding Drama Series
Bones

Outstanding Actor in a Drama
David Boreanaz (Bones)

Outstanding Actress in a Drama
Bethany Joy Galeotti (One Tree Hill)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama
Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama
Michaela Conlin (Bones)

Outstanding Comedy Series
Glee

the rest I was racking my brain and couldn't think.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Ok seriously Vampire Diaries I am not worthy What a spine-tingling, fantastic, on-edge, mind-blowing finale. I have no words... it was just, that good.

kenny | credit
Old 06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Vampire Diaries

I really liked the finale...except for the fact that they killed off Anna. I saw it coming, but I kept hoping that someone would magically save her. I guess John got his though when Katherine got ahold of him.

They fooled me when Katherine was kissing Damon on the porch. I actually thought that was Elena. I was starting to figure it out before she cut John's fingers off.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by own worst enemy (View Post)
Ok seriously Vampire Diaries I am not worthy What a spine-tingling, fantastic, on-edge, mind-blowing finale. I have no words... it was just, that good.
I loved it too. It was a good episode. I wasn't expecting Katherine at all. I knew Katherine would show up on the show at some point, but I didn't see that coming at all. A number of nice cliffhangers. Really fun. Can't wait for fall!!.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I fourth the love for the Vampire Diaries finale. Those clever writers, we should have known right from the start when there was the fake out that we were back in 1864 because of the montage where Elena dressing up in a very 1860s dress and Stefan wearing a very 1860s get up as well... We didn't really know we were in the present until they revealed Jenna.

Oh and I don't think I recced this on this thread before, but I found this video that was posted the week before the finale so spoilers for everything but. SO AWESOME.

I made my icon.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I honestly didn't realize that until the Jack/Christian conversation in the church. I realized that Jack was going to die much earlier than that, but the realization that everyone in Sideways was in the afterlife just didn't bore through my thick skull until it was spelled out for me.
LOL, you and me, both.

When did you realize Jack was going to die? I realized when he told Hurley he was already dead. I had an idea it was heading in that direction during the beautiful Jack/Kate ILY exchange and kiss but I still held out hope it would turn out differently. However, the second Christian revealed all, instantly my sadness eased up because his lifetime death was so much more special and worth it seeing as his ending was only just his beginning... reuniting with everyone, especially his true love, Kate, forever in the Afterlife.

I loved the brilliance behind how it went back and forth between Island Jack passing out of his life as well as Afterlife Jack because his journey never stopped and I loved how transitional it was displayed... his journey was heating up all the more once he hit Purgatory/Eternity. I loved watching it unfold. I absolutely believe whenever he was lying there with Vincent, about to take his last breath, that he was seeing what was ahead of him in the Afterlife with Kate just as Juliet saw her Afterlife with Sawyer. They both experienced this and that is why they were happy and at peace with moving on, exiting earth in favor of Eternity.

People have talked about the ending and how unique it truly was. I have to agree. The more I think about how everything was tied together (full circle), along with how satisfying the ending actually was, the more I realize what we experienced with this show was something rather spectacular.

Quote:
That is annoying. How is it a cop-out when they supposedly knew how they were going to end it long ago?
Heh, exactly! When you narrow it down in such a simple form, you negate the ridiculous cop-out theory completely.

Quote:
Even if they didn't, the Sideways thing wasn't a cop-out so much as a storytelling device to allow them to tell a tragic and inspirational storyline at the same time. I've read in interviews that Darlton have said that they couldn't have told the story this season without Sideways. That's not necessarily true. If you pull all the Sideways stuff out, then season 6 would have been strong on it's own, but there wouldn't have been any sort positive emotional payoff. Sideways allowed them to mix tragedy and hope, especially in the final episode. Without the knowledge of Jack's eventual happy ending in Sideways land, his death in the finale most likely would have ignited quite the firestorm of bile and hatred. As it was, we got the powerfully tragic story of Jack's ultimate sacrifice, and we got to witness his ultimate reward for those actions.
Wow, so well said. You're so right. Season 6 without the Sideways would have worked and in a successful way. The Sideways is what makes the season and series as a whole so magnificent. You are dead on about the emotional payoff. The mixture of tragedy and hope was done with perfection and it is why I said in my earlier thoughts I found that mixture so utterly satisfying. Huge sacrifice but splendid reward for what Jack accomplished. Those final moments of flashing back and forth to Jack dying on the Island but LIVING in the Afterlife was emotionally gratifying. Also, on an intellectual level you were able to scan the entire series of Jack's journey, knowing full well he made the ultimate sacrifice on the Island even without assurance he would get the ultimate reward. That is what makes Jack my favorite character and why I cannot understand anyone disliking this character. He was the definition of selfless. He gave up his life in order to save others. He gave up the rest of his life with his true love who just declared she was in love with him, only him, and wanted to be with him. He gave this up in order to save his people and the entire world for that matter. He had no expectations beyond what he naturally knew he wanted to do... so to see him reap the rewards for his selflessness was awesome because he deserved it so much!

Quote:
I thought their scenes were great, but I agreed with her. I was slightly preturbed that we didn't even get a freaking peck on the lips. Sawyer and Kate locked lips at the drop of a hat, and every other couple in Sideways made out like crazy when they had their 'awakening,' but Jack and Kate just smile (albeit wonderfully) at each other and hold hands? Dirty pool Darlton, especially considering that Damon hasn't made any bones about being a Jater.
Heh, I'm with you. I wonder if they wanted the Island kiss to stick out more so they didn't go with an Afterlife kiss as a result? I also wonder if they wanted to show them purely as spiritual soul-mates in the Afterlife? That was the direct message... Kate meeting her Jack to spend Eternity with him. There was a very mystical, spiritual component between Jack/Kate in those scenes. Sure, there's an obvious reason for that given where they were, heh, but I think there was more to it... they really wanted to hit home the soul-mates, true love, spiritual happy ending for Jack/Kate and maybe this message was so strong they didn't feel a kiss was necessary to validate it?

So maybe it was one or the other... the Island kiss was so significant they didn't want to remotely wash it away by giving us another in the Afterlife (which still sucks but maybe it was their thinking) and/or they wanted Jack/Kate portrayed in such a spiritual context they only wanted us focusing on that? Not sure. But yes, the only thing I could have wanted to add to their scenes would have been a kiss... even a lingering peck would have been perfect. But their hand holding was also absolutely adorable. I'm bigggggg on hand holding. They sold it so beautifully.

Quote:
Side note: am I alone in noticing that when Kate kisses Sawyer it starts out slow and builds, but when she kisses Jack she immediately looks like she's trying to eat his face? Stylistic choice on Evangeline's part, or unconscious reaction to making out with Matthew Fox? Hehehe.
You are NOT alone! I totally agree with you!

It's really is true, man. That Island kiss feels so real to me and yes, it seems Evangeline definitely is not only a fan of, but even likes promoting open mouth kissing with Mathhew since apparently she wanted us to feel Kate's passionate yearning for Jack... of course Matthew had zero problem accommodating her desires.

Honestly, it's all about the actors on board with the pairing. Every ounce of Jack/Kate, Matt and Evangeline knocked out of the park. You feel the realness, the believability, because the actors believe and believe strongly in the pairing. Not to mention how obvious it is they are extremely comfortable with each other. Maybe a little too comfortable which works just fine for us. LOL.

Quote:
As for Walt, I agree with you totally. I hope that his time on the island wasn't the most important time of his life, because he led a pretty sad life if it was. Everyone else had some sort of life-changing experience there, and Walt just wasn't around long enough for that to happen.
Totally. His purpose on the Island was to have interaction with Michael. Really, that is all there is to it minus the slight intrigue of Walt and his psychic abilities that seemed ever present. However, Walt was not part of the group. He was destined to get off the Island. He was not meant to experience anything with the group which comes back to how much it makes sense he did not meet up with them in the Afterlife.

Quote:
Side note #2: I'm trying to figure out a way to weasel the complete series DVD out of my family. My birthday is less than two weeks after the release date, but my family normally doesn't make a big deal out of birthdays present-wise. Maybe I can convince everyone to go together.
I think that's a brilliant idea! Seriously, is your family the type to give surprise birthday presents? Do you guys like surprising each other or is it more about having a good idea of what the person wants? If you like to go with the less surprising route you definitely could mention at the right moment with all of them together, in a charming way that I know you could sell effortlessly, how much you would enjoy the complete series DVD of Lost and see where it leads.

Quote:
Hear hear. Bravo. I totally agree obviously. If not for Elizabeth Mitchell, then there's no way that Juliet would be my second favorite character on Lost. It was a character that easily could have become supremely hated like Ana-Lucia, but EM brought so much to the role, outside of her amazing good looks, that it developed into a great role.
Indeed. She reminds me of Emily as Amy in season 2. Somehow you liked Amy even if you wanted to strangle her at times because Emily made Amy so real. Elizabeth does the same exact thing with Juliet. I remember when she first came on the screen as Juliet I felt threatened as a Jack/Kate fan. As the story continued to unfold I realized Jack/Juliet were special in their own way but they were not going to be anything remotely threatening to Jack/Kate. I felt better and then realized the reason why I ever felt threatened in the first place was due to Elizabeth's dominance on the screen! She is so captivating. You cannot help but notice the actress, notice the character. She is in that rare category... a one of a kind actress who creates gold with everything she touches. It's her natural ability that shines so beautifully. I just love her as an actress. I will continue to follow her work.

I just found this quote about Elizabeth Mitchell that is so true:

Quote:
Mitchell conveys more emotion with her eyes than most actresses get across in their whole careers
Indeed!

Back quickly to Juliet/Jack/Kate... Juliet kicked ass when it came to making sure Kate was put in her place at times such as letting her know how horrible it was for Jack to see Sawyer/Kate in the cages. In general, Juliet knew Kate was in love with Jack, she also knew Jack was in love with Kate. Having said that, she cared deeply for Jack and looked out for him even if it meant hitting Kate once or twice in the process, heh.

Man, I'm now watching season 3 again and I cannot believe how jealous Kate was of Jack/Juliet. It rocked so much. Not that I enjoy seeing Kate upset too much but to provoke Kate's severe jealousy? I'll take it. Kate sleeps with Sawyer in season 3 because she is heartbroken over what is developing between Jack/Juliet. That couldn't be more obvious. Whenever she goes back to the tent and Sawyer even notices she has been crying, she instigates sex with Sawyer in an attempt to heal the pain she is feeling over Jack/Juliet. If I shipped Sawyer/Kate, it would have been that very moment where I stopped because the tale was told... Kate was in love with Jack, Sawyer was available to help her deal with her love for Jack and yes, that sometimes resulted in physical crap between Sawyer/Kate. I would have never had hope for Sawyer/Kate by season 3 while witnessing this. I think it's clear in season 1 Jack/Kate are endgame but for sure by season 3 you see it plain as day.

Killers

Quote:
So, I've totally changed my tune on Ashton Kutcher. I used to hate him, back in the Punk'd days. I don't really know why, but I did. Now, maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of That 70's Show, or maybe it's because I liked him in A Lot Like Love and Valentine's Day, but sometime in the past year I've decided that I not only don't mind Ashton, but I actually kinda like him. That's why I went to this movie. Color me glad that I did. I laughed throughout the movie, and Ashton was actually pretty believeable as an assassin. The cast as a whole did a great job, and the script was decent and without any glaring plotholes, outside of the fact that all of the assassins always waited just long enough for Ashton's character to catch on before attacking him, instead of sneaking up and shooting him in the back.
Alan, who was the lead actress in this movie?

ETA: Found another awesome Elizabeth Mitchell quote:

Quote:
On a scale of one to 10, how would you rate Elizabeth Mitchell's awesomeness? "It would be a number higher than 10." - Michael Emerson
Genius response.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-08-2010 at 06:55 PM
Old 06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

I was just on the Elizabeth Mitchell board and I stumbled upon two posts that caught my attention since it pertained to the discussion we had earlier about Libby and her story being chucked so abruptly. I mentioned I thought I read somewhere she was in trouble with the law but of course I couldn't recollect accurate information supporting why my brain came up with that. Here is some info on both Michelle Rodriguez (Ana) and Cythnia Watros (Libby):

Quote:
for Ana Lucia...she may have been only on for a year but if not I don't believe the DUI was the reason why they offed her...i think it's because no one cared....i know i didn't (at least not till her last episode)...she never really fit imo and Libby was probably for dramatic shock
Quote:
Here's the thing, though. They were all cast as new Series Regulars - not temporary, supporting characters.

Michelle Rodriguez (Ana) and Cythnia Watros (Libby) both got arrested on the same night for DUI in December of that year (season 2). Filming was already in progress and to be completed. Now, except for a few of the actors/actresses who had longer standing seasonal contracts in place already, ABC usually renews the contracts before the season is up. When the LOST writers got word that ABC refused to contract the two actresses for an upcoming season 3, they found themselves in a pickle storyline-wise. ABC is backed by 'Mother's Against Drunk Driving' (Disney) and a big stink was made about both drinking/driving incidents. The network couldn't just drop MR and CW right then and there after the arrests because they were already contracted to finish out that season. Thus, the LOST writers rushed to come up with a way to get the two characters out of the story by the end of S2.

The Libby fans were in just as much of an uproar. Libby's story got pushed back because the writers initially thought they'd have more time to finish it. The flashback that Bernard/Rose got during the second half of the season (not series regulars like CW/Libby) was originally slated to be Libby's flashback episode. Well, Libby ended up being killed off without a flashback because of how it all went down with ABC network. Now, I've heard that the LOST writers have tried to get her to come back in the past just to complete the storyarc (the network agreed to allow it at a future date) but she outright refused. CW was very upset over the entire incident after she made a public apology (but still got shafted anyway). A series regular without one flashback story? Nope.
These posts were from 2009.

Thank God they got her to come back for the series finale because Hurley's happy ending would have been so not right without her directly involved.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-08-2010 at 07:19 PM
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alan, who was the lead actress in this movie?
Katherine Heigl. She was the other reason I went to the movie.

Quote:
When did you realize Jack was going to die?
I was afraid he was gonna die when he got stabbed given the location of the wound and how deep the knife went in. I knew the wound would be fatal with him stuck on the island, but I was hoping for some mystical Jacob-like healing. I think I was pulled completely out of denial when he was talking to Hurley though.

Quote:
Heh, I'm with you. I wonder if they wanted the Island kiss to stick out more so they didn't go with an Afterlife kiss as a result? I also wonder if they wanted to show them purely as spiritual soul-mates in the Afterlife?
You are probably right there. That seems like the kind of thing they'd be thinking. I of course disagree with them, mostly because a kiss, even a small peck on the lips, would be the logical reaction of a couple that was newly reunited, as evidenced by every other couple. I console myself with the thought that when Kate put her hands on his face at the concert, she was pulling Jack in for a kiss when he pulled back because he wasn't quite ready to let go of things.

As for Juliet...I think that she really had feelings for Jack, and I think that Jack cared for Juliet too, but even Juliet could see that she'd always be second place in Jack's heart, even when Kate was 'with' Sawyer. Kate, on the other hand, was too in denial about her feelings to realize how into her Jack really was, so she let her jealousy reign over her.

Pretty Little Liars

I'm not gonna lie. I checked this one out because Lucy Hale, who people on this board will recognize from Privileged and a short guest stint on How I Met Your Mother, is in it. Big shock that her character is the only one I instantly liked. It's kinda funny that, at 21, she's the youngest person playing a 16 year old in the main cast. Most of them are 27 or 28.

The pilot was nothing special. It scattershot a bunch of random storylines into play, some of them better formed than others, and relied on curiosity and the promise of some 'mystery' to bring people back to the next episode.

The Hard Times of RJ Berger

I caught this one on MTV, and I decided to give it a try. I'm hoping they tone down the gross out, American Pie type humor, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it won't happen. As it was, the show was mildly amusing, and the actor who plays RJ Berger is likable enough, but the only reason I'm coming back is a typical male reason: Amber Lancaster, the smoking hot object of RJ's affection (and coincidently the apparent girlfriend of Zach Gilford, aka Matt Saracen). Too bad she can't come back to FNL and leave this show behind.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Pretty Little Liars

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, Alan. Lol. I checked it out. I thought that maybe it would be a decent enough piece of fluff for the summer. A real guilty pleasure. Turns out, "guilty" is right. Lol. And yes, Lucy Hale was a plus. It was just....something was just off. It was kind of awkward, especially in the beginning and the opening disappearance. The acting wasn't great, or the writing. It was more "I Know What You Did Last Summer" than "Desperate Housewives", the latter of which I've heard more critics refer too. There is potential here to be a decent piece of summer cotton candy, so I will check out episode 2 to see if it gets better. For me, the only shocking thing was Holly Marie Combs as the mother of a 16 year old. Lol.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty Little Liars

I definitely didn't get a Desperate Housewives vibe off this show. At least not yet. I'm sure it could morph into that without a whole lot of work. I think the actresses, especially Lucy, are up to it. As it is, I'll keep watching for her, and in the hope that it turns into something better, and more fun.

I didn't even know Holly Marie Combs was going to be in the show. That was a nice bonus. It is kinda shocking to see one of the Charmed girls as the mother of a 16 year old...although at 36 it's not out of the realm of possibility, unlike the Vampire Diaries where David Anders is playing Nina Dobrev's father although he's only 8 years older than her.

Side note: how many episodes do you think it will be before the teacher storyline blows up? I'm thinking about 4.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Pretty Little Liars

I definitely didn't get a Desperate Housewives vibe off this show. At least not yet. I'm sure it could morph into that without a whole lot of work. I think the actresses, especially Lucy, are up to it. As it is, I'll keep watching for her, and in the hope that it turns into something better, and more fun.

I didn't even know Holly Marie Combs was going to be in the show. That was a nice bonus. It is kinda shocking to see one of the Charmed girls as the mother of a 16 year old...although at 36 it's not out of the realm of possibility, unlike the Vampire Diaries where David Anders is playing Nina Dobrev's father although he's only 8 years older than her.

Side note: how many episodes do you think it will be before the teacher storyline blows up? I'm thinking about 4.
Yeah, I didn't get a DH feel either, but I've heard that show being tossed about in articles on the show. Like you said, it could definitley be something like that.

I'm not sure if Holly was originally cast in the show. I read that Jean Louisa Kelly, who was on "Yes, Dear", was cast in the show and then dropped. I don't know if it was the same character or not. I do know that Alexis Denisoff was originally cast in the role Chad Lowe has now, that of Lucy's father. It would of been nice to of seen him. Don't know why he was re-cast. As for Holly, I knew she was into her 30s, but it was still kind of weird. Haven't seen her since Charmed, and she had a little baby on the show then. You just remember people that way, you know?. Younger and with littler kids and then they have a 16 year old all of a sudden. Lol. Didn't know that David Anders was that young. Not that I thought he was old. He's younger than me!. Lol. I never would of guessed. They did say in The Vampire Diaries that Elena's parents were really young when they had her didn't they?. Like 15 or 16?.

The teacher storyline is definitley going to explode. I mean, the awkward moment when he first saw her in class and the rest of the class picking up on it. You know the secret can't last long. I'd say 4 is a pretty good number, unless they want to stretch it out to the big cliffhanger finale, which I'm sure they will have. 10 episodes for this season. That seems to be the norm for ABC Family shows.

Last edited by Barrybgb; 06-10-2010 at 01:12 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread