Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Katherine Heigl. She was the other reason I went to the movie.
LOL!

Lost

Quote:
I was afraid he was gonna die when he got stabbed given the location of the wound and how deep the knife went in. I knew the wound would be fatal with him stuck on the island, but I was hoping for some mystical Jacob-like healing. I think I was pulled completely out of denial when he was talking to Hurley though.
Yes. Man, that was so sad. I cried during both Jack/Kate and Jack/Hurley scenes before we watched Jack bravely tackle his final act of selflessness. I lost it when he says ILY back to Kate. You see such fulfillment planted across his face as he says the words back to her. You also notice how he gives those words every ounce of his effort because this moment means everything to him, being able to exchange this with his true love, yet he is struggling with the bleeding/stab wound that is destined to his take life at the same time. That scene was perfectly orchestrated, everything about it. Hurley breaking down during any moment (but especially his final Island scene with Jack) affects me beyond comprehension so I lost it and lost it even further during the Hurley/Ben scene. I love how Ben responded to Hurley because that was the moment where you knew Ben had some light inside of him without a shadow of doubt.

Quote:
You are probably right there. That seems like the kind of thing they'd be thinking. I of course disagree with them, mostly because a kiss, even a small peck on the lips, would be the logical reaction of a couple that was newly reunited, as evidenced by every other couple. I console myself with the thought that when Kate put her hands on his face at the concert, she was pulling Jack in for a kiss when he pulled back because he wasn't quite ready to let go of things.
Oh absolutely that is what Kate was doing in that scene. She yearned so much to be close to him again. She literally waited the rest of her life after they parted for this very moment in time. Thus, the missing him so much comment. Evangeline played that scene with such emotion I really felt like I was feeling Kate's heart that was bleeding, desperately wanting Jack to remember so they could reunite forever. She so wanted to kiss him but knew she had to resist until he remembered and it was so hard on her, you could see it, but the patience she displayed once she realized he needed more time was so moving and beautiful.

Quote:
As for Juliet...I think that she really had feelings for Jack, and I think that Jack cared for Juliet too, but even Juliet could see that she'd always be second place in Jack's heart, even when Kate was 'with' Sawyer. Kate, on the other hand, was too in denial about her feelings to realize how into her Jack really was, so she let her jealousy reign over her.
Indeed she did. Kate did not handle her jealousy like pro, that is for sure. This goes back to Kate's flaws. Did we expect her to handle things perfectly? No, because she was flawed. All of the characters were flawed, some more than others, and it was really in character for Kate to behave in the manner that she did in an attempt to get over the jealousy. It made sense, even if it wasn't always fun to see. She went from Ana jealousy to Juliet jealousy and was frustrated to the max as a result. At times she didn't know which way was up. Sawyer was just there and it was easy to rely on him for physical comfort so she took advantage of this.

Juliet was a wise woman. She understood the Jack/Kate story. It doesn't mean she didn't have feelings for Jack because she certainly did. I just believe she never seriously thought she had a long term shot with Jack because of Jack and Kate. I really, really love how Jack/Juliet were there for each other in Purgatory before reuniting with Kate and Sawyer. It proves in my mind the bond that Jack/Juliet had was real and sustaining. I love how that was highlighted. I also love thinking about how Kate and Juliet can now truly be friends. I wish we would have seen a hug between them. That would have been nice because you just feel like that is the assumption... they will be walking around on clouds together in heaven while Jack and Sawyer are bantering on different clouds as well, heh.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Lost

To me, one scene from Something Nice Back Home sums it up nicely.

Quote:
JULIET: I'm sorry I yelled at you.
KATE: Don't worry about it. You had enough going on.
JULIET: You know, he kissed me.
KATE: What?
JULIET: The other day, when you came back from the other side of the Island, Jack kissed me.
KATE: Oh.
JULIET: It was nice. ...But it wasn't for me. It was for him. I'm pretty sure he was trying to prove something.
KATE: Prove what?
JULIET: That he doesn't love someone else.
KATE: Thank you, Juliet. Thank you for saving his life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I really, really love how Jack/Juliet were there for each other in Purgatory before reuniting with Kate and Sawyer. It proves in my mind the bond that Jack/Juliet had was real and sustaining. I love how that was highlighted.
I agree. I've seen people saying that Juliet as the mother of Jack's fictional kid is kinda obvious. Well, yes it is obvious, but that doesn't make it any less great. Juliet was a strong capable woman that Jack relied on heavily, and under different circumstances I think he definitely had a long, lasting relationship with her.

Entertainment Weekly had the "Season Finale Awards," and I thought you'd be interested in a couple.

Best Death
Jack, Lost (by 471 votes, the largest margin of victory)

Best Kiss
Jack and Kate, Lost (Juliet/Sawyer was a close second)

Best Fight
Jack and Fake Locke (second highest margin of victory)

Top Tissue Moment
1. Jack's death, with Vincent laying beside him, Lost
2. The entire finale, Lost
3. Charlie and Claire's reunion, Lost
4. Jack and friends ''move on,'' Lost
5. Sawyer and Juliet's reunion, Lost

Single Most Clever Twist
he Sideways world is purgatory, the Island is real, Lost

Most Rewound Moment
1. Last 10-15 minutes of Lost
2. Entire finale of Lost
4. Jack's death

Last edited by The Crow; 06-11-2010 at 08:05 AM
Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

Quote:
To me, one scene from Something Nice Back Home sums it up nicely.
You said it. Not only did that scene prove Juliet knew the score regarding Jack's feelings for Kate, but she was even reaching out to Kate to help her with this understanding. To apologize, give Kate the information, and reach out shows how kind and decent Juliet truly was. Juliet didn't have to remotely go there with Kate but she did. Kate, you can tell, took in the information but without lingering on it because she didn't appear to want to rub it in Juliet's face and I loved that as well. Tons of mutual respect took place in that scene.

Quote:
I agree. I've seen people saying that Juliet as the mother of Jack's fictional kid is kinda obvious. Well, yes it is obvious, but that doesn't make it any less great. Juliet was a strong capable woman that Jack relied on heavily, and under different circumstances I think he definitely had a long, lasting relationship with her.
Agreed so much. I was so happy finding out about this spoiler. So happy! All I kept thinking about was how fitting it was that they would share this together even if I didn't know they both were in the Afterlife at the time, heh. This was not just a convenient thing either. They had Jack/Juliet in the Afterlife together going through these things because of the bond they share that did not stop after life, it only continued and grew all the more in the Afterlife. They needed each other on the Island, they needed each other in the Afterlife. That says it all about how important they were to each other. I love it.

And yes, if it wouldn't have been for Jack/Kate I definitely agree Jack/Juliet could have made it work romantically in the long term. I really believe this. It is so realistic, too, in that everyone has a true love, the one person they are meant to be with far beyond this earth... Jack and Kate were IT for each other. However, you also have other relationships that are very important such as what Jack/Juliet had together. They were not the ultimate for each other, but that does not lessen the bond and deep caring they had for each other. No way. Actually, same goes for Kate and Sawyer. They were not meant to be but they shared important times together, I will admit that. Although I find what Jack/Juliet shared with each other was a little more special (I point to the fact that Jack/Juliet literally found each other in Purgatory and felt very familiar with each other whereas Kate/Sawyer did not share any significant moments together in Purgatory if you think about it... Jack/Juliet was much more meaningful given how they came together) I still think Kate/Sawyer had something together. They were there for each other on the Island at some key moments. So even if Jack/Kate and Sawyer/Juliet were endgame, they certainly shared bonds with other people which doesn't remotely take away from what they have together.

I know I was joking about the foursome having some fun together in Eternity... but I truly believe that, too. The labels and definitions are set... in the end they were all happy, with their true loves, reconnecting with each other and their other dynamics they had that were special, as well as the group as a whole. It was all so beautiful.

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly had the "Season Finale Awards," and I thought you'd be interested in a couple.

Best Death
Jack, Lost (by 471 votes, the largest margin of victory)

Best Kiss
Jack and Kate, Lost (Juliet/Sawyer was a close second)

Best Fight
Jack and Fake Locke (second highest margin of victory)

Top Tissue Moment
1. Jack's death, with Vincent laying beside him, Lost
2. The entire finale, Lost
3. Charlie and Claire's reunion, Lost
4. Jack and friends ''move on,'' Lost
5. Sawyer and Juliet's reunion, Lost

Single Most Clever Twist
he Sideways world is purgatory, the Island is real, Lost

Most Rewound Moment
1. Last 10-15 minutes of Lost
2. Entire finale of Lost
4. Jack's death
Alan, you read my mind!

Amazing collection of wins, huh? Look at every category... it says something significant.

I am most impressed with the "Single Most Clever Twist." Take that people who didn't find it amazing because it was. LOL.

I have a feeling the Emmy's are going to grab on tight to Lost. I really do. They better, it is so deserving!

Hey, any progress on getting the DVD collection from your family? Heh.

Also, how did you feel about Claire's story in the end and her reunion with Charlie?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Whedonverse

So y'all remember me talking about the Supanova Expo in Sydney that coincides with the weekend I'm there, right? With Eliza Dushku and Charisma Carpenter and Tahmoh Penkiett? Well it turns out Tahmoh had to cancel...

..BUT in his place, there's Dichen Lachman and Summer Glau. I'm so unbelievably pumped! So I believe Eliza and Summer are going to be my two "free" autographs. Anyway, here's the updated description of what I'll get:
  • Admission throughout the weekend including Preview Night
  • Exclusive Dollhouse Panel featuring Eliza and Dichen together (Saturday)
  • Exclusive ‘Before there was Dollhouse’ Panel featuring Summer and Charisma (Sunday)
  • Exclusive Whendonverse photo featuring YOU in between our four Whedonverse Supa-Stars, Eliza, Charisma, Summer and Dichen… WOW!
  • Two (2) media guest autographs (maximum 1 per guest – additional ones available for purchase)
  • Premium seating behind the Supa-Star VIPs at all panels featuring our four Whedonverse Supa-Stars
  • Priority Queuing including ability to pre-purchase photo and signature ops for ALL guests during Friday night’s Preview Night to avoid queues on Saturday and Sunday
Also apparently Mark Lutz (aka Groosalugg) will be there, but he's not one of the Whedonverse Supa-Stars

And now I'm going to sleep. 10:30pm here means my tour departs in 8 hours!
I made my icon.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like it's gonna be an awesome time. I'm sure you're gonna have a blast. I know I'm jealous that you're gonna get to meet Eliza. Summer and Charisma are both really nice, so I know you'll like them.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea who any of these people are, Gaby...but it sounds like what ever it it...it's going to be great. Have fun.

Drop Dead Diva

I wasn't thrilled with Jane's groveling in the last episode.

FNL:

Matt!!! I wasn't thrilled with that ending.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't believe the first Season of Glee is over!!! It did, however, end with a bang & contained some awesome songs & fantastic moments, both poignant & hysterical! I'll be listening to the soundtracks (I have all 4 of them) on loop and wishing I had some semblance of musical ability until it's back on my TV or I get the DVDs... DVDS are out mid-September, but no idea when Season 2 starts!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glee

I inquired about the show once it first got started but I didn't end up checking it out since Lost took over my brain... I generally know how Glee is structured but would you say the show has evolved nicely over the first season and has the quality maintained? I'm trying to figure out if I should give it a go.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's funny, Michelle, 'cause I've just been confused & annoyed by Season 5 of Lost quite a lot. Maybe it's just me, but I like shows that make me think, but not ones that make my brain explode, which is what Season 5 was doing to me!
Glee is very fluffy & light, which is exactly what I needed. The music is awesome and that's what got me sucked in, as the cast do covers from The Beatles to Broadway, passing via Beyoncé, so quite a range there. That's how I started watching it, basically just having it on in the background & just listening to the songs and occasionally glancing at the screen. There are also some very funny lines, mainly delivered by Jane Lynch.
Some of the eps haven't had a particularly strong plot, most of them kind of beat you over the head with the episode's theme, but the music choices are pretty stellar and there are usually awesome dance routines to go with them.
I definitely think the final episode was amazing, and I think the entire cast are phenomenally talented.
I love all the characters, although some I love to hate!
It just makes me ridiculously happy, which can't be a bad thing!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am most impressed with the "Single Most Clever Twist." Take that people who didn't find it amazing because it was. LOL.
Of course, the twist was also in the top 5 'Weakest' category too.

Quote:
Hey, any progress on getting the DVD collection from your family? Heh.
None yet. I may switch over to trying to get the to buy me the Lost Encyclopedia that's coming out.

Quote:
Also, how did you feel about Claire's story in the end and her reunion with Charlie?
Well, Claire was never really a favorite character of mine. She's always just kinda been there, much like Charlie. I was glad to see her get a happy ending, just like I was with everyone, but I wouldn't have been mad if she didn't. I think it was logical the way it all went down with Aaron triggering things, then Charlie coming in to finish the job.

Glee

Quote:
I inquired about the show once it first got started but I didn't end up checking it out since Lost took over my brain... I generally know how Glee is structured but would you say the show has evolved nicely over the first season and has the quality maintained? I'm trying to figure out if I should give it a go.
Personally, I think the show started strong and finished weak. The first half of the season, the "Road to Regionals" was consistently fun and decently written. The second half basically rebooted to a rehash of the beginning, but with much less fun and a much more uneven experience. The writing is often heavy-handed and after-school specially, and events and character growth that happen one week are often completely ignored the next week if it serves the story they are trying to tell. Of course, my opinion is pretty much out of step with most fans. The Madonna episode, which has gotten lots of critical acclaim, was one of my least favorite episodes of the season. My favorite songs and performances seem to show up on lots of 'Worst' lists, and my favorite character is Quinn, who everyone else I talk to seems to hate.

That's not to say you shouldn't watch. At it's best, Glee is a lot of fun, as evidenced by the NPH episode. It's just that, at it's worst, Glee isn't any better than most of the other dreck on television, and that's something I hope they work on in the second season.

Leaves of Grass

I was just reading about this movie, starring Edward Norton, Kerri Russell, and Tim Blake Nelson (who wrote and directed the movie) in my local paper. Apparently, although it wasn't filmed here, it is actually set in Idabel, which is kinda cool. I'm interested to see Tulsa native Tim Blake Nelson's version of Idabel, so I'll definitely be checking this one out, especially since it's been getting very good reviews.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Freaks & Geeks

Just watched the series finale today. Damn good stuff. I thought it was really interesting for the producers to film a final episode before the last actual shot episode, knowing that it was going to end, and have it ready for when it actually was canceled. A lot of shows could have used that idea. I also think, as a finale, it was so much more rewarding than Everwood's. Which isn't hard, heh, but still. It went in a completely different direction. While Everwood's finale was kind of trying to be satisfying (and wasn't, in my mind), Freaks & Geeks tried not to be all that satisfying and yet it kind of was. I just find the whole approach so unique, which I guess sums up the show in general, really. But now I'm drained, because there's no more episodes to watch.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
That's funny, Michelle, 'cause I've just been confused & annoyed by Season 5 of Lost quite a lot. Maybe it's just me, but I like shows that make me think, but not ones that make my brain explode, which is what Season 5 was doing to me!
LOL! Season 5 is a bit confusing. Following the two time lines can get tiring and very muddled. I had to re-watch the entire season three times to remotely feel comfortable with the material. If you have any questions specifically, please ask away! Alan is especially good at analyzing, breaking things down, so I'm sure between the two of us, we can help clear up any questions you might have.

How do you like the show, overall, minus the season 5 brain exploding situation? Heh.

Quote:
Of course, the twist was also in the top 5 'Weakest' category too.
Funny how that works.

Quote:
None yet. I may switch over to trying to get the to buy me the Lost Encyclopedia that's coming out.
Okay, I definitely live under a rock since I never knew an Encyclopedia was in the works. When is it coming out or is it already out?

Quote:
Well, Claire was never really a favorite character of mine. She's always just kinda been there, much like Charlie. I was glad to see her get a happy ending, just like I was with everyone, but I wouldn't have been mad if she didn't. I think it was logical the way it all went down with Aaron triggering things, then Charlie coming in to finish the job.
Agreed. What did you think of the Claire/Aaron/Katie dynamic? How do you think this dynamic helped or even hurt Kate as a person?

Also... is it bad that I sort of blame Claire for allowing Kate to leave Jack on the Island? I do, because I firmly believe Kate would have stayed if Jack didn't tell her to take care of Claire. Granted, Jack was still actively dying but my thinking still goes there, nevertheless. Am I crazy? Don't answer that (because I know I am, heh) but how do you feel about this?

Glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Glee is very fluffy & light, which is exactly what I needed. The music is awesome and that's what got me sucked in, as the cast do covers from The Beatles to Broadway, passing via Beyoncé, so quite a range there. That's how I started watching it, basically just having it on in the background & just listening to the songs and occasionally glancing at the screen. There are also some very funny lines, mainly delivered by Jane Lynch.
Some of the eps haven't had a particularly strong plot, most of them kind of beat you over the head with the episode's theme, but the music choices are pretty stellar and there are usually awesome dance routines to go with them.
I definitely think the final episode was amazing, and I think the entire cast are phenomenally talented.
I love all the characters, although some I love to hate!
It just makes me ridiculously happy, which can't be a bad thing!
No, it cannot! LOL. I would wager a guess my thoughts will be similar to yours should I give it a watch just based on similar personality traits that I think we share. As a result, you have convinced me to watch the first few episodes and go from there! Thank you for your input!

Quote:
Personally, I think the show started strong and finished weak. The first half of the season, the "Road to Regionals" was consistently fun and decently written. The second half basically rebooted to a rehash of the beginning, but with much less fun and a much more uneven experience. The writing is often heavy-handed and after-school specially, and events and character growth that happen one week are often completely ignored the next week if it serves the story they are trying to tell. Of course, my opinion is pretty much out of step with most fans. The Madonna episode, which has gotten lots of critical acclaim, was one of my least favorite episodes of the season. My favorite songs and performances seem to show up on lots of 'Worst' lists, and my favorite character is Quinn, who everyone else I talk to seems to hate.
But that's what I love about you, Alan. You aren't afraid to go against the grain, which is awesome and totally intriguing I might add.

Quote:
That's not to say you shouldn't watch. At it's best, Glee is a lot of fun, as evidenced by the NPH episode. It's just that, at it's worst, Glee isn't any better than most of the other dreck on television, and that's something I hope they work on in the second season.
Got it. Makes sense.

Are the ratings good? Do you think this show is around well beyond season 2 or too early to predict?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Are the ratings good? Do you think this show is around well beyond season 2 or too early to predict?
The ratings are decent, but there is little to worry about since it's already been renewed for a second and third season.

Quote:
Agreed. What did you think of the Claire/Aaron/Katie dynamic? How do you think this dynamic helped or even hurt Kate as a person?
I think it helped Kate as a person to finally have to stop running and take on the responsibility of raising another person. I think that it did hurt her relationship with Jack, and having Aaron kept her from being able to temper some of the downward spiral that Jack went into, but in the end it was Aaron and the desire to reunite him with his mother that drove Kate to get past her fears and go back to the island, and ultimately to reconnect with Jack.

Quote:
Also... is it bad that I sort of blame Claire for allowing Kate to leave Jack on the Island? I do, because I firmly believe Kate would have stayed if Jack didn't tell her to take care of Claire. Granted, Jack was still actively dying but my thinking still goes there, nevertheless. Am I crazy? Don't answer that (because I know I am, heh) but how do you feel about this?
Well, first off, we're all a little crazy, so yes, you are crazy.

Secondly, I blame her too. I think that there's no way that Kate would have left Jack otherwise. You could see it in her stance and the expression on her face: she wasn't leaving. Not until Jack mentioned Claire anyway. Even then she could only begrudgingly leave, and I think that she felt/hoped deep in her heart that Jack wouldn't die (much like the viewers I think), and I think that self-deception helped make the decision bearable.

Quote:
Okay, I definitely live under a rock since I never knew an Encyclopedia was in the works. When is it coming out or is it already out?
Yep. It's coming out August 24th, the same day as the complete collection DVD. Here's the Amazon.com description:

Quote:
Featuring more than 400 pages and over 1500 images, the LOST Encyclopedia will be a comprehensive guide to the characters, items, locations, plotlines, relationships, and mythologies from all six seasons of the landmark series aired on ABC-TV and produced by ABC Studios. Created in full collaboration with ABC Entertainment and ABC Studios, this will be the first and only fully licensed and comprehensive reference to all things LOST, and it includes a foreword by executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
Cover price is $45.00, but you can get it pre-order priced less than $30.00
Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've read a recap for a Season 4 episode of Friday Night Lights & it sounds awesome and makes me want to watch it all! I've seen almost all of Season 1, and I freaking adore Coach Taylor (dude is hot) & his wife Tami, and their daughter Julie (I predict that Amy Teagarden who plays her will go on to great things), but my big issue is the accent & no closed captioning on the Season 1 boxset I have. I find it really hard to understand what they're saying. All the football stuff goes right over my head, but that's OK, as I don't think I'll ever understand most sport rules and as long as I can tell which team's ahead/the winner, that's all I need to know!
Apparently Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, and no idea if Season 3 is worth watching, but Season 4 sounds amazing!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glee

Quote:
The ratings are decent, but there is little to worry about since it's already been renewed for a second and third season.
Wow, interesting it's already good to go for another couple of seasons. Well, that definitely solidifies my determination to give the series a try knowing it will have at least three seasons under its belt.

Lost

Quote:
I think it helped Kate as a person to finally have to stop running and take on the responsibility of raising another person. I think that it did hurt her relationship with Jack, and having Aaron kept her from being able to temper some of the downward spiral that Jack went into, but in the end it was Aaron and the desire to reunite him with his mother that drove Kate to get past her fears and go back to the island, and ultimately to reconnect with Jack.
That's very true. I think raising Aaron helped Kate deal with some past demons. Like you said, she was unable to do what she did best... run. Therefore, she was forced to plant her feet firmly on the ground instead of bailing on her problems. In the process she sizzled some issues of the past and that was nice to see. On the other hand, she wasn't emotionally available for Jack's destruction and there's no doubt in my mind she would have been had Aaron not been in the picture. So Kate was helping her inner self while raising Aaron but her relationship with Jack had to be sacrificed in the process because Jack's battle was way too huge for the both of them. Jack and Kate were on two separate planes when it came to what they were actively dealing with while together. That is the sad irony and one that Matthew even talked about in an interview... how Jack/Kate were meant to be with each other but not during this time period because of the situations that were thrown their way. However, I still believe their off Island relationship was precious and vital because even if ultimately the situational issues prevented them from fully making it work... at the same time a lot came out of this time period together... they realized how much they were truly in love with each other, how right this aspect felt... their love was overflowing and without question. They separated because of circumstances beyond their control, side effects of the Island if you will, not because there was any loss of love or incompatibility. So their relationship in my mind solidified their true love and that was the precious component we can take from their time together off the Island. It's like some poster said a while back whenever spoilers broke about Kate making a choice once and for all between Jack and Sawyer... this intelligent poster said if you truly followed the story you would automatically know who she chooses and ends up with... it has to be Jack based on the story. The writers carefully constructed this from day 1. The story dictated it would be Jack from the start. For that matter there was never a choice to be made. The story automatically brought Jack/Kate together and Kate declaring her love for Jack, Jack/Kate declaring their love for each other in a natural way because that was how it was always going to play out from day 1. For me, now in looking back whenever I read comments (even some of my own!) about Kate having to make a choice it seems so silly because there was no question who she would end up with... she never actually made a choice in the series finale because that choice was cemented in long before this time... the story made the choice for her and that decision took place long before the series finale. Also, in the finale how Jack said he messed everything up and Kate said nothing was irreversible, Jack was referring to his self destruction which in his mind, caused them to fail as a couple. Katie immediately rebuffed that, clearly stating nothing was irreversible which means he never truly messed them up because they have always been in love, their expereiences proved they were right for each other, destined to be together forever.

Quote:
Well, first off, we're all a little crazy, so yes, you are crazy.
That's a very sweet way of putting it, Alan.

Quote:
Secondly, I blame her too. I think that there's no way that Kate would have left Jack otherwise. You could see it in her stance and the expression on her face: she wasn't leaving. Not until Jack mentioned Claire anyway. Even then she could only begrudgingly leave, and I think that she felt/hoped deep in her heart that Jack wouldn't die (much like the viewers I think), and I think that self-deception helped make the decision bearable.
Totally. You described this perfectly. Kate came back for Jack and ultimately killed Smokey or the mortal Smokey at that point. She returned for Jack. She didn't want to leave Jack ever again but knew when Jack told her she had to be there for Claire no matter how obvious it was the only thing in the entire world she wanted to do was be with Jack, Kate knew she had to help Claire. Kate knew she couldn't stay with Jack and it slayed her heart, the look on her face, she was broken hearted. It was so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. Beautiful to see the love and also the reality that their story was only just beginning.

Kate gazing at Jack in the earlier scene as he was looking off in the distance spoke with such meaning. That, to me, was one of the most powerful scenes of the entire finale for Jack/Kate.

Quote:
[Original timeline - from a distance, Kate looks at Jack standing in water - Sawyer approaches Jack.]
The way she looks at him demonstrates the unmeasurable love she has for Jack. She knows without a shadow of doubt their love for each other is an unstoppable force and they will get a happy ending together in the end.

The irreversible comment and Hurley's response:

Quote:
[Original timeline - Jack, Kate and Hurley are walking through the jungle.]

KATE: Why did you take the job, Jack?

JACK: Because I was suppose to.

KATE: Why? Because some stranger wrote our names on a wall?

JACK: I took it because the island's all I’ve got left. It's the only thing in my life I haven't managed to ruin.

KATE: You haven't ruined anything. Nothing is irreversible.

HURLEY: This would be so sweet if we weren't all about to die.
Lol, I love Hurley! How much more obvious can Hurley be that he understands what Jack and Kate are discussing here.

Kate has a sense of desperation there with Jack. She wants to start the declarations, she is so focused on their love together in this scene. It's crystal clear.

Quote:
Yep. It's coming out August 24th, the same day as the complete collection DVD. Here's the Amazon.com description:
Quote:
Cover price is $45.00, but you can get it pre-order priced less than $30.00
Fantastic! The description sounds totally mint. I just went to Amazon and added the Encyclopedia to my order. I noticed when I pre-ordered my DVD it offered the Encyclopedia but somehow my eyes must have missed it! Lol. Thanks to you, I am now aware and both items are ordered!

Last edited by jediwands; 06-18-2010 at 04:05 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread