Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Hilarie didn't like it? Awesome. I agree, it was entirely out of character and like I said to jump to such a hard-core drug just doesn't happen. You're right, pot would make the most sense or drinking too much but cocaine is not only something Peyton would never do but it just doesn't make sense that she jumped to something so severe. You're right, given everything Peyton and Luke went through in season one it makes sense that she would be completely upset over that, in addition to her father not being around and still mourning the loss of her mother. I refuse to believe she developed such strong feelings for Jake while supposedly forgetting about her feelings for Lucas. It just doesn't add up or make sense. I just would've preferred Peyton in pain over the loss of her mom, father not around and essentially losing Lucas, while using her art to get through the tough times instead. Lucas was okay in season 2. Lucas and Anna were OK but I still think it would've worked better (and actually made sense) if he would've figured out he wanted to be with Peyton, not Brooke. The end of season two and Lucas thinking he wanted to be with Brooke kind of killed the momentum for Luke in season two.
She said that in an interview around S2 I think. Cocaine was an bit extreme and they pretty much dropped the whole storyline when Jake came back anyway. I think that's my main issue with Jeyton and Brucas in S2, the way that Peyton and Lucas supposedly felt about Jake and Brooke respectively made no sense whatsoever considering S1 and the writers knew that so that's why they diminished S1 LP to do that. That storyline would have been much better for Peyton and made much more sense as well. I think Season 2 is probably the only season where I preferred Luke over Peyton, but making Luke act all piney over someone who he could have cared less about a few weeks before just wasn't an good storyline for him and kinda ruined that season for him in my eyes. Seeing him deal with his HCM a lot more and his issues with Dan too would have been an much better storyline for him in my eyes.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. Yes it was so weird. I remember people creating avatars with Peyton, Jake and Jenny titling it family. I was stunned.
That stuff is/was so weird, since I didn't think it was an good thing for an 16 year old who had abandonment issues at all.

Quote:
I think you're right, it was certainly not planned super far in advance.
I doubt it was even planned in 1.21 tbh.

Quote:
Right, it's definitely not worth it. At most, just watching their scenes alone would be fine. I wish that's what I would've done. I could've deleted all the other crap and just watched those two pairings and scenes with the core three as long as Clay and Quinn weren't around.
Who would you have rather added into to replace Lucas and Peyton instead of Clay and Quinn?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Who are your least favourite characters on One Tree Hill?
Old 09-12-2017, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Thinking back retrospectively, her doing cocaine was a big jump. I enjoyed her story arc cause its the first thing I saw of the show and it was that messiness that helped me fall in love with her. I saw her as lost and being manipulated by that older man. She was looking for people to care about her and was totally adrift.

One issue I hate is when writers think they have to keep characters apart if they aren't going to be together. Why do these other partners have to look like they stand a chance when they don't. I love what Empire does because it kept Cookie/Luscious in each others orbits while dating others and still having that push and pull. I think its harder for teens because they aren't at work and you can't use their career as something to tie them together. But, its what I love about riverdale. They use the mystery/crime angle to put these people in each others orbits. I always thought the we have to keep them apart because they are that good excuse was always a pile of garbage. Imo, its a sign of bad writing or a lack of creativity.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Hallmark Christmas Movies: Premiere dates for 12 films
Old 09-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Thinking back retrospectively, her doing cocaine was a big jump. I enjoyed her story arc cause its the first thing I saw of the show and it was that messiness that helped me fall in love with her. I saw her as lost and being manipulated by that older man. She was looking for people to care about her and was totally adrift.

One issue I hate is when writers think they have to keep characters apart if they aren't going to be together. Why do these other partners have to look like they stand a chance when they don't. I love what Empire does because it kept Cookie/Luscious in each others orbits while dating others and still having that push and pull. I think its harder for teens because they aren't at work and you can't use their career as something to tie them together. But, its what I love about riverdale. They use the mystery/crime angle to put these people in each others orbits. I always thought the we have to keep them apart because they are that good excuse was always a pile of garbage. Imo, its a sign of bad writing or a lack of creativity.
I think I could at least enjoyed the storyline if they actually dealt with the issue but the writers pretty much dropped the issue the second Jake came back. Agreed, I find that way of writing when it comes to couples such an copout and that's why I hated the way the writers went up LP's separation in S2, since it just gave some people false hope.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, Alan!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love all your thoughts. What an amazing write up. And you need help with your English? Right on.
Well . I actually I did the test they provided and submitted it . I have no feedback on how I did. There were 4 sections:
  1. General questions (like difference between unless and if or how you would use would and could etc)
  2. Multiple question where you have to choose the wrong option (for example depend on or depend from)
  3. Text reading and comprehension
  4. Fill in the blanks in a text

Only the text reading was difficult because it was so boring text . I had to read it more than once to get the meaning because I had no interest in it. Otherwise they claim that it's Business language, but for me it is course for soft skills in English. I have studied this in German in university as part of both my bachelor and master degree.
Quote:
There's some stuff that you've listed that I don't remember because it's been such a long time that I've seen the series. I wish I would've really watched along with you because I could better answer some things.
We should rewatch together some time because given our spiritual discussions I think that we could bring the show on the next level.

Quote:
Totally agree with you though that you cannot binge watch the show perfectly without feeling overwhelmed. I like your suggestion that 2 to 3 episodes max is best. The finale definitely didn't feel like a finale. I guess it was due to abruptly finding out the series was over.
Yes. I read that they did not know that the show will be cancelled so this explains the unfinished stories.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Alan!!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since we have a bunch of OTH fans we've made it a separate thread so OT2 can be more about our present shows.

Please post all OTH thoughts on this thread:
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwoo...-1-a-63196345/
Old 09-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Since we have a bunch of OTH fans we've made it a separate thread so OT2 can be more about our present shows.

Awesome haha, will check that out lol.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

Thanks so much, Betty!

Yes this thread makes sense because Fall shows are coming up and it's good to separate. The Dawson's Creek thread is always pretty active on here and since we now know OTH is actively being talked about (and we had a major rewatch not terribly long ago either) the separate thread will work out great. I'll respond to OTH stuff over on the new thread shortly once I get my fantasy football crap figured out.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay, all caught up and have my posts over on the OTH thread now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Well . I actually I did the test they provided and submitted it . I have no feedback on how I did. There were 4 sections:
  1. General questions (like difference between unless and if or how you would use would and could etc)
  2. Multiple question where you have to choose the wrong option (for example depend on or depend from)
  3. Text reading and comprehension
  4. Fill in the blanks in a text

Only the text reading was difficult because it was so boring text . I had to read it more than once to get the meaning because I had no interest in it. Otherwise they claim that it's Business language, but for me it is course for soft skills in English. I have studied this in German in university as part of both my bachelor and master degree.
Oh so all of you took a test and then they will place you accordingly?

Quote:
We should rewatch together some time because given our spiritual discussions I think that we could bring the show on the next level.
I'm on board! We should figure out a time in the future and go there.

Quote:
Yes. I read that they did not know that the show will be cancelled so this explains the unfinished stories.
Definitely. I think JLH expressed her frustration over this as well. She was not happy with the finished product and pissed off at the network as a result because they had no time to properly conclude.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for the separate thread
what shows are people going to watch in the fall?

For me its:

Flash
Empire
Star
JTV
Riverdale
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, Guys!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread