Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2022, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Thought their romantic chemistry was lacking big time and that's why I never blamed the new writers from moving away from it since it's one of the few things that didn't work about Season 1 for me.

Mechad definitely deserved better than the fandom, that's for sure.
Chemistry is definitely ymmv. I def thought they had it and it was sweet. But, he also had it with Lena. The fandom was rancid and it turned me off the show along with some of the excuses for moving away from kara/jimmy. If they had just said well we don't think they have chem then fine. But, he is too good. Like wtf???
Old 06-23-2022, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, great

Heard that too
It is concerning me, especially after watching the promo.

This series follows the 1980s with the same type of small and large screen flavor. It shouldn't have super dark deaths then if following this formula.

We will see.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash

... killed off Iris last night?

Thankfully, there's a Part 2. WTF. If it is real I am out. Bye.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Chemistry is definitely ymmv. I def thought they had it and it was sweet. But, he also had it with Lena. The fandom was rancid and it turned me off the show along with some of the excuses for moving away from kara/jimmy. If they had just said well we don't think they have chem then fine. But, he is too good. Like wtf???
I did like Lena and Jimmy together, thought they were a good couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
It is concerning me, especially after watching the promo.

This series follows the 1980s with the same type of small and large screen flavor. It shouldn't have super dark deaths then if following this formula.

We will see.
Haven't seen the promo

Yes we will
Old 06-23-2022, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I did like Lena and Jimmy together, thought they were a good couple.

Haven't seen the promo

Yes we will
I liked Jimmy and Lena too!

I just hope the deaths aren’t crushing.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I liked Jimmy and Lena too!

I just hope the deaths aren’t crushing.
I hope not either
Old 06-24-2022, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly stranger things never kills anyone so I dont think I see them doing anyone. But with that said, this season is a lot darker so maybe they just went for it. If thats the case then I am thinking its gotta be Jonathan. It just seems obvious to me with his lack of screentime.

Cant see it being El, or Steve. or Dustin. That would kill the show. And they are fan favorites.

Robin and Will's stories are not finished. And I think Mike falls into the Will romance. (Some people even think they could potentially be a thing) I dont see them killing Lucas either since he is a POC. They have to know that would be an uproar. Hopper and Joyce have yet to go on their date too.

I thought Max was an option but she came close and didn't die so they wont go there again. Plus, Sadie Sink has been uber popular lately, so I think they want to keep her around.

The only ones that make sense imo are Jonathan (whose story is mostly wrapped up) and Nancy. Nancy would be really impactful. And it would make sense with how they are pushing Steve/Nancy. Maybe they will kiss but she will "pick" Jonathan and then Jonathan will arrive just in time t see her die? IDK. She is in danger right now...

Quote:
I don’t even know how any of this works but couldn’t they become US citizens? Given the state of our country I’m not sure it’s much better than South Korea. But if they had dual citizenship could it give them more freedom?

I find it interesting there are seven members. Seven is such a magical number.
I thought 7 was so many when I first got into them but wow, they are so different. I still think 7 is a bit much for a group haha. 5 would have been better. but I love them all. And it makes sense when you realize that 3 of them are rappers and 4 are the "vocal" line in their songs (though sometimes we do hear the rappers sing too)

Jin is literally, so beautiful (my icon)

And no, besides the fact that they wouldnt want to become american citizens (i dont think lol) its not that easy to do. There are laws in SK that restrict it. I asked the same qustion because apparently its illegal for south koreans to gamble when they come to the US too, which I didnt know. Because BTS were in vegas for an award show and got asked if they would gamble and their fans mentioned it... (they avoided the question lol).. which i found really stupid. So then i said, would they be able to just become US citizens then? But there was some explanation for why its very difficult to do. Maybe because they are idols, i dont remember what the explanation was.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I hope not either
Maybe it’s a tease somehow and not as bad as the buzz is making it seem. I can’t truly see them killing off any main younger and older characters. I would be shocked.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Honestly stranger things never kills anyone so I dont think I see them doing anyone. But with that said, this season is a lot darker so maybe they just went for it. If thats the case then I am thinking its gotta be Jonathan. It just seems obvious to me with his lack of screentime.

Cant see it being El, or Steve. or Dustin. That would kill the show. And they are fan favorites.

Robin and Will's stories are not finished. And I think Mike falls into the Will romance. (Some people even think they could potentially be a thing) I dont see them killing Lucas either since he is a POC. They have to know that would be an uproar. Hopper and Joyce have yet to go on their date too.

I thought Max was an option but she came close and didn't die so they wont go there again. Plus, Sadie Sink has been uber popular lately, so I think they want to keep her around.

The only ones that make sense imo are Jonathan (whose story is mostly wrapped up) and Nancy. Nancy would be really impactful. And it would make sense with how they are pushing Steve/Nancy. Maybe they will kiss but she will "pick" Jonathan and then Jonathan will arrive just in time t see her die? IDK. She is in danger right now...
That is very true about the series never killing anyone major. Millie commented on this. But then I wondered if she said that because it is happening this time around for the first time. LOL.

This season is definitely so different as far as darkness. It is pretty terrifying because the villain is so much more scary. There’s the human element.

Yes, no way does that trio die… Steve, El and Dustin are safe. Way too popular. I don't think they ever die, period, but if one of them ever did it wouldn't be until the series finale and even then, no.

I love your analysis and why the others don’t make sense either. Robin and Will have the sexuality stories that are very much being explored in a detailed way. The Mike thing is really interesting. I think Will has a crush and struggles with being gay. I haven’t seen any signs that Mike feels the same way and it would be kind of weird because Eleven and Will are now siblings in a way so for Mike being with Eleven the entire series then maybe next with Will seems kind of… well I guess anything is possible but it’s clear Will has a crush on Mike. What Mike truly feels we will see. He can’t tell Eleven he loves her yet, not like she wants him to and there could be a reason for it. But my money is on Will having a childhood crush on Mike that brought out his true conscious feelings and made him explore what this means for his sexuality in general. Lucas, you are right… POC, it would cause backlash. Hopper and Joyce better go on that date! Max came close and didn't die so they wont go there again and so true about Sadie Sink’s popularity.

I think Murray is a real possibility and maybe Eddie. I really hope it's not Jonathan!

Quote:
I thought 7 was so many when I first got into them but wow, they are so different. I still think 7 is a bit much for a group haha. 5 would have been better. but I love them all. And it makes sense when you realize that 3 of them are rappers and 4 are the "vocal" line in their songs (though sometimes we do hear the rappers sing too)

Jin is literally, so beautiful (my icon)

And no, besides the fact that they wouldnt want to become american citizens (i dont think lol) its not that easy to do. There are laws in SK that restrict it. I asked the same qustion because apparently its illegal for south koreans to gamble when they come to the US too, which I didnt know. Because BTS were in vegas for an award show and got asked if they would gamble and their fans mentioned it... (they avoided the question lol).. which i found really stupid. So then i said, would they be able to just become US citizens then? But there was some explanation for why its very difficult to do. Maybe because they are idols, i dont remember what the explanation was.
Interesting! This is all super interesting. I had no idea about the no gambling. Damn, how can you be in Vegas and not gamble even a little bit, even just one game of live Keno while eating. That sucks. That is so cool how all their musical and dance talent just blends together.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-24-2022 at 03:40 PM
Old 06-24-2022, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe it’s a tease somehow and not as bad as the buzz is making it seem. I can’t truly see them killing off any main younger and older characters. I would be shocked.
Me neither, we could wrong though
Old 06-25-2022, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Me neither, we could wrong though
Indeed.

I guess we’ll find out in a week.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Indeed.

I guess we’ll find out in a week.
Yes we will
Old 06-26-2022, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes we will
What episode are you on?
Old 06-26-2022, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What episode are you on?
Watched episode 3 this morning
Old 06-26-2022, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Watched episode 3 this morning
What’d you think?

Just watched 4.1 with family. They all declared this is the scariest season even after one episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread