Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2021, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Agreed.

What do you think will happen between Jughead/Tabitha? Will they go with a Betty/Jughead/Tabitha triangle?
I don't know, but I don't see a triangle cause Tabitha is not amused by his trauma.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't know, but I don't see a triangle cause Tabitha is not amused by his trauma.
I hope not.

She is not. LOL.

I love Tabitha. She’s my favorite character right now out of every character. I just love her. The actress is great (she’s drop dead gorgeous) and plays the character so grounded, intelligent and interesting. I don’t want anyone messing with her.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

^ Same.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
^ Same.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Do you watch Nancy Drew?
Yes I do
Old 03-20-2021, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Shu, I'm going to watch the Nancy Drew Pilot either tonight after Everwood 1.11 (rewatch) or right in the morning. I'll report back what I think!
Old 03-20-2021, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Shu, I'm going to watch the Nancy Drew Pilot either tonight after Everwood 1.11 (rewatch) or right in the morning. I'll report back what I think!
Cool. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Cool. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
Thanks! Going to start right now. Might get through it all or if not, first thing in the morning.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Seriously. I’m a bit shocked Barchie fans thought their pairing had a legit shot. Like you said, the writing has not remotely given any hope to that fanbase.
They literally are pissed and think they were played like... how??? how???? the episode before the time jump barchie were completley ignored. im just lost. like out of ALL the riverdale episodes barchie were prominent in like 8 episodes total lol. like they get used and abused every time.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks! Going to start right now. Might get through it all or if not, first thing in the morning.
Hopefully you like it
Old 03-21-2021, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watched the Everwood episode, got emotional (the usual), then wrote up my review and started Nancy Drew. Watched the first 20 minutes and I was glued! Then I got a stupid migraine (visual) so couldn’t finish and eventually slept it off. I have it on my iPad ready to go this morning! I really like what I’ve seen. In addition to growing up with the books I love the paranormal aspect too. The paranormal aspect seems heavier on the show compared to the books. True? If so, I don’t mind this alternation since I love this area of study!
Old 03-21-2021, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
They literally are pissed and think they were played like... how??? how???? the episode before the time jump barchie were completley ignored. im just lost. like out of ALL the riverdale episodes barchie were prominent in like 8 episodes total lol. like they get used and abused every time.
So very true. I don’t get it. I suppose they think they were teased when they were in high school but how? They were cheaters and nothing ever happened. Then the time jump happens and they use each other for sex. That’s it. The story showed them initially as cheaters who loved other people then as adults they were friends with benefits. Archie fell for and yearned to be with Veronica (once again) and the awkward hello between Betty and Jughead proves they’re not over either. The main ships of Varchie and Bughead were established and never going anywhere. Barchie story pre and post time jump is the definition of not going anywhere significant. I’m not sure how they had any hope based on what story on the screen we’ve watched unfold.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2021 at 08:33 AM
Old 03-21-2021, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’ve always been a fan of the Betty/Archie friendship. I know they’ll always be friends but the pure platonic childhood bond they once had feels dirty now.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I don't get it. But, I've suspected that they were very entitled from the way they've been behaving since s2. They don't have story. BA barely have an onscreen friendship. It's just not the story they are telling.

Quote:
Watched the Everwood episode, got emotional (the usual), then wrote up my review and started Nancy Drew. Watched the first 20 minutes and I was glued! Then I got a stupid migraine (visual) so couldn’t finish and eventually slept it off. I have it on my iPad ready to go this morning! I really like what I’ve seen. In addition to growing up with the books I love the paranormal aspect too. The paranormal aspect seems heavier on the show compared to the books. True? If so, I don’t mind this alternation since I love this area of study!
I am sorry to hear about your migraine. I get those at times and they suck. Yes, the mystery is not for everyone, but it gets better and better. There are actually two that overlap and then one that cut off at the end of s1 but picks up at the beginning of s2.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't get it. But, I've suspected that they were very entitled from the way they've been behaving since s2. They don't have story. BA barely have an onscreen friendship. It's just not the story they are telling.

I am sorry to hear about your migraine. I get those at times and they suck. Yes, the mystery is not for everyone, but it gets better and better. There are actually two that overlap and then one that cut off at the end of s1 but picks up at the beginning of s2.
Sorry you get migraines too. The visual part sucks rocks. I typically average one every few months. Lately the time period between getting another is much shorter for some reason.

What I don’t get is why Barchie fans who claim comic canon for liking them are surprised? It’s going exactly as planned and totally in line. In the comics, Archie treats Betty like trash. He ALWAYS prefers Veronica and tosses Betty aside for Veronica over and over and over. What just happened in the last episode with Archie telling Betty he’s not over Veronica is... how the comics plays out repeatedly. LOL. The show is honoring and staying close to comic canon with this triangle. Archie’s eyes are on Veronica ultimately, not Betty.

Barchie show fans need to grab a seat and realize this. They were not screwed over. This is not surprising. How the TV show is unfolding is very much in sync with the comics. Comic Jughead is asexual but if he makes a slight exception it’s for Betty which is why the TV show also went there. It fits.

Okay, sounds good. I’m pressing play and finishing the Pilot!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2021 at 11:36 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread