Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I loved, loved, loved that scene! It's a good thing I'm home because I'm crying right now!

A scene like this really shows how Ephram's treatment of Amy at the end of Season Three were totally out of character for him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-29-2022, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
There is absolutely no comparison between Pacey and Joey and Ephram and Amy. None. None. None!

Whoever put this together must have been on some very serious drugs and they need an intervention!

If anything, Ephram and Amy are a better version of Dawson and Joey only because they had a spiritual type of connection. Everything else was different.

I couldn’t believe this PJ and EA attempt.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I loved, loved, loved that scene! It's a good thing I'm home because I'm crying right now!

A scene like this really shows how Ephram's treatment of Amy at the end of Season Three were totally out of character for him.
Awe!

100%. Right? That’s why I’ll never accept that was the real Ephram. Even a confused livid Ephram upset over Babygate I do not buy would do what he did to Amy. I refuse to believe this didn’t have Rina’s hands all over it.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:

If anything, Ephram and Amy are a better version of Dawson and Joey only because they had a spiritual type of connection. Everything else was different.
Dawson and Joey at their best still paled in comparison to Ephram and Amy, and comparing Pacey and Joey to Ephram and Amy is a joke.

Quote:
I couldn’t believe this PJ and EA attempt.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-29-2022, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Awe!

Quote:
100%. Right? That’s why I’ll never accept that was the real Ephram. Even a confused livid Ephram upset over Babygate I do not buy would do what he did to Amy. I refuse to believe this didn’t have Rina’s hands all over it.
I'll always feel that this was Rina's way of getting back at the "Popular Girls" that probably used to bully her in High School and she (wrongly) viewed Amy as. The fact that she gleefully said that Amy was going to suffer some more if we had gotten a Season Five said it all for me.

Old 08-29-2022, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Dawson and Joey at their best still paled in comparison to Ephram and Amy, and comparing Pacey and Joey to Ephram and Amy is a joke.
Amen.

Quote:
It just makes zero sense and I think this person has other tweets discussing her love for both pairings too.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I'll always feel that this was Rina's way of getting back at the "Popular Girls" that probably used to bully her in High School and she (wrongly) viewed Amy as. The fact that she gleefully said that Amy was going to suffer some more if we had gotten a Season Five said it all for me.
Indeed.

I even remember a couple past posters on this very board who insinuated they loved Hannah (could relate) and Amy was the girl in high school they disliked. It’s not a coincidence both these past posters got on my nerves severely.

So I feel like Rina was reaching a certain part of the fandom too.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Indeed.

I even remember a couple past posters on this very board who insinuated they loved Hannah (could relate) and Amy was the girl in high school they disliked. It’s not a coincidence both these past posters got on my nerves severely.

So I feel like Rina was reaching a certain part of the fandom too.
If you noticed in my episode commentary I said that "We then saw Bright come to see Hannah and he found the courage that Amy had told he lacked and he expressed his feeling for her and he kissed her, and she was overjoyed as Rina er, I mean Hannah, finally got the boy of her dreams. "

I honestly feel like Rina was living out her fantasies of the outcast/nerdy girl getting the popular guy and making the popular girl suffer in this show.

Old 08-30-2022, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
If you noticed in my episode commentary I said that "We then saw Bright come to see Hannah and he found the courage that Amy had told he lacked and he expressed his feeling for her and he kissed her, and she was overjoyed as Rina er, I mean Hannah, finally got the boy of her dreams. "
Exactly right, Jerry. EXACTLY. Seriously, she got so personal and wrapped up into this character and how it made her feel recalling memories it seems she ignored Ephram and Amy romantically in S3, and found pleasure in torturing them (Madison band lie was so unnecessary) while she focused mainly on herself growing up...

Quote:
I honestly feel like Rina was living out her fantasies of the outcast/nerdy girl getting the popular guy and making the popular girl suffer in this show.
That totally appears to be the case.

Think about how she said Amy was going to suffer more in S5 should it have happened... what does that sound like? It sounds like she is back in high school not totally mature yet wrapped up in superficial high school stuff.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly right, Jerry. EXACTLY. Seriously, she got so personal and wrapped up into this character and how it made her feel recalling memories it seems she ignored Ephram and Amy romantically in S3, and found pleasure in torturing them (Madison band lie was so unnecessary) while she focused mainly on herself growing up...
Julie Plec did something similar on The Vampire Diaries, living out her bad boy fantasies with Damon and Elena.

Quote:
That totally appears to be the case.

Think about how she said Amy was going to suffer more in S5 should it have happened... what does that sound like? It sounds like she is back in high school not totally mature yet wrapped up in superficial high school stuff.
Exactly. She was getting back at all the mean girls that she felt had wronged her in High School, but Amy never was a mean girl.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Julie Plec did something similar on The Vampire Diaries, living out her bad boy fantasies with Damon and Elena.
That is so pathetically vile. Didn’t Williamson even say he thought SE should have ended up together and was planning on putting them back together? Once again he doesn’t have a clue how unhelpful these extra thoughts are when a fanbase watches for years only to get an ending that makes zero sense or it’s just not the correct one. Oh but it helps Williamson when you say you almost tried to do the right thing but didn’t go there.

Quote:
Exactly. She was getting back at all the mean girls that she felt had wronged her in High School, but Amy never was a mean girl.
That’s what makes no sense. You said it… Amy was NOT a mean girl at all. The two past posters I mentioned… they acted like Amy was a mean girl even if they had no evidence she was. I think they picked up on Rina’s intentions. Both liked the Hannah and Amy friendship overall though which makes it even weirder and nonsensical, their thoughts. The one actually liked the idea of Ephram and Hannah together. LOL.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-31-2022, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That is so pathetically vile. Didn’t Williamson even say he thought SE should have ended up together and was planning on putting them back together? Once again he doesn’t have a clue how unhelpful these extra thoughts are when a fanbase watches for years only to get an ending that makes zero sense or it’s just not the correct one. Oh but it helps Williamson when you say you almost tried to do the right thing but didn’t go there.
Williamson is a tool. He walks aways from shows he creates and leaves those shows in the hands of people who take the characters in completely different directions, and then he says he would have done things differently if he was still around.

Quote:
That’s what makes no sense. You said it… Amy was NOT a mean girl at all. The two past posters I mentioned… they acted like Amy was a mean girl even if they had no evidence she was. I think they picked up on Rina’s intentions. Both liked the Hannah and Amy friendship overall though which makes it even weirder and nonsensical, their thoughts. The one actually liked the idea of Ephram and Hannah together. LOL.
I don't understand it at all. Not getting a Season Five was really a blessing in disguise.

Old 08-31-2022, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Williamson is a tool. He walks aways from shows he creates and leaves those shows in the hands of people who take the characters in completely different directions, and then he says he would have done things differently if he was still around.

I don't understand it at all. Not getting a Season Five was really a blessing in disguise.
Williamson either lacks any empathy/ability to connect with his audience or he’s just really stupid. Maybe both.

I also have a feeling if Everwood would have received a S5 Berlanti might have felt too comfortable and handed over the keys to Rina once again like S3 which would have been a terrible mistake. We might have seen Amy abducted and locked in a criminal’s basement the entire season (Rina getting her torturous satisfaction) with Amy removed, suffering while everyone thought she went to Princeton after all not even aware of what was going on.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Williamson either lacks any empathy/ability to connect with his audience or he’s just really stupid. Maybe both.
It's probably both, but I think his main problem is that he never finishes what he starts. He's never seen one television show project through to completion.

Quote:
I also have a feeling if Everwood would have received a S5 Berlanti might have felt too comfortable and handed over the keys to Rina once again like S3 which would have been a terrible mistake. We might have seen Amy abducted and locked in a criminal’s basement the entire season (Rina getting her torturous satisfaction) with Amy removed, suffering while everyone thought she went to Princeton after all not even aware of what was going on.
Everwood would have its own version of Psycho! Derek kidnap Amy and hold her hostage! Rina's revenge!

Seriously, though, if we had gotten a Season Five and Season Four ended with Amy standing by the Ferris Wheel and Ephram going back to call Madison and never seeing Amy standing by the Ferris Wheel, she would probably feel humiliated and hurt for putting her heart out there only to find out that Madison was back in town and Ephram went inside to call her, and it may have delayed or even eliminated the possibility of Ephram and Amy getting back together so like we've all said many times, the show getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread