Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

You just beat me to responding to this, Betty!

Thanks for filling this out, miss-rebel86. I don't know where you live, but if you're in the US, you can always check out thewb.com, which has the episodes online! If not, yes, the DVDs would be a great gift. Hint, hint. Hee. Anyway, hopefully you get to watch it again!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Bumping this up, as it's an easy and great way for new posters to get started.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi everyone! I'm new here, have been posting on TWoP for years and a member there let me know about this board recently. Looks like a great place to hang out!

01) When did you first start watching Everwood? When it aired on ABC Family. An EW fan kept bringing the show up on the Gilmore Girls forum, so when I saw that it was going to air I made a point to watch it. I recorded the shows but assumed it would loop back around so I deleted them as I watched them. I'm sure you all know what a mistake that was.

02) What made you first start watching? See above.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much? Gosh, it's hard to answer that since I've only seen S3 - S4 once. There's parts about all of the seasons that I love and parts of them all that I...don't love.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite: Pass for now.

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character? Oh boy. If I had to pick ONE favorite character, I would have to say Hannah because she is the most like me as far as personality and values. But I also love Delia, Edna, Harold, Ephram, Amy, Irv, Nina, Bright, Andy, uhhh - the whole cast? LOL.

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character? Jake. Just never could warm to him. Wasn't overly fond of Linda either, but I can't really say why. It may have been the actress.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is: Bright genuinely falling for Hannah.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time: Ugh, that would be Andy and Anne Heche. No, no, no. Just no.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why: I think all of the long-term couples on the show were very real and believable and strong, but I think my favorite developed-during-the-show 'ship would be Bright and Hannah.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why: Jake and Nina. I spenet all of my time wishing he'd just head back to CA.

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland? Only my shiny new S1 and S2 DVDs, we don't have television service.

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following? Geez, all of them LOL.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them? What were you thinking?!?

14) Best looking actor? Does it show my age if I answer Tom Amandes?

15) Best looking actress? Emily van Camp. I know, I know...

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale? Yes. I mean no. I mean yes.

17) Favorite episode of all time? Too hard to decide.

18) Most talented actor? All of them.

19) Most talented actress? See above.

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say? You should watch this show because it's one of the best shows ever written and aired, period.
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Welcome, Taryn! Very glad to have you aboard.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Another welcome, Taryn! I wonder who that member was that invited you over. *rubs chin* Heh.

Quote:
10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why: Jake and Nina. I spenet all of my time wishing he'd just head back to CA.
And then he did, but it wasn't until the final episode! Gah. I didn't mind them too much, but with him only leaving in the last hour of the show, we missed out on Andy and Nina completely.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi, Taryn! I thought your name sounded familiar. Thanks, "cough" for bringing her over.

Quote:
But I also love Delia, Edna, Harold, Ephram, Amy, Irv, Nina, Bright, Andy, uhhh - the whole cast? LOL.
That's me. I love the entire cast.....except for Jake(although there were nice moments...and on a larger scale...Amanda (there were absolutely no moments!)

Taryn, you say that you didn't like Linda. Who did you dislike more....Linda or Amanda?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Taryn, you say that you didn't like Linda. Who did you dislike more....Linda or Amanda?

Oh that would definitely be Amanda. That entire storyline was just horribly, horribly wrong. I remember reading Berlanti one time saying that he was genuinely shocked that viewers reacted so violently to the Andy/Amanda storyline and I just couldn't believe that he wouldn't get that.

I need to watch S2 again to see if I still feel the same way about Linda. (I have the DVDs but hubby was watching with me and he's been working too much lately to be able to watch so I've been putting it off.) I really think it may just be the actress, as I can't remember much about the character that would have bugged.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh that would definitely be Amanda. That entire storyline was just horribly, horribly wrong. I remember reading Berlanti one time saying that he was genuinely shocked that viewers reacted so violently to the Andy/Amanda storyline and I just couldn't believe that he wouldn't get that.
Apparently Andy and Amanda was the start to his creative insanity? I'm still not sure what was supposed to be the point of that relationship for Andy. Or anyone, heh.

I also disliked Linda the first time around, but when I watched S2 again with the DVDs, I ended up really liking her, so she might just be the kind of character that grows on people after watching a second time around? Lots of Harold comedy with her, and it was nice to see Andy have some happiness.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
...and it was nice to see Andy have some happiness.
Good point. Though, sadly, that didn't last long. (Though I'm probably one of the few viewers who can see his point in ending their relationship. What a hard spot for him to be in.)
Old 08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Good point. Though, sadly, that didn't last long. (Though I'm probably one of the few viewers who can see his point in ending their relationship. What a hard spot for him to be in.)
I really liked Linda. I thought that she was a really beautiful person inside and out. She was kind, patient., understanding. I wanted Andy with Nina, but I didn't mind Linda. It was understandable why Andy liked her (as opposed to why he liked Amanda!)

I'm with you in that I felt so sorry for Linda when Andy broke up with her...but she didn't make Andy feel badly about it...she really understood. Andy had no choice in the matter. Ephram was scared. Andy's first priority was his children's feelings and their well being.
It was very sad for Linda. The scene in the train station was heartbreaking.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 AM
New Fan

01) When did you first start watching Everwood? About 5 weeks ago.
02) What made you first start watching? Season 1 was on sale on Amazon so I decided to pick it up. My wife and I watch most TV on DVD now.
03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much? 2 so far, after watching the first episodes of season 1 we were hooked. Had to get 2. Now we are anxiously awaiting 3 & 4.
04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite: 2 then 1
05) Favorite character and why do you like this character? Ephram - How can you not love this kid? He can be confident yet awkward, an "old soul" and then a pouty kid, say or do the coolest thing while not having any idea how he is doing it or that he is doing it at all; all in the same scene.
06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character? Tommy Callahan - and no discredit to the writers and Paul Wesley, but the character never really developed and you really did not want to waste the time waiting for him to. Really he was just a one-sided foil to help show how Amy was sliding towards self-destruction.
07) Favorite storyline of all time is: So far, Ephram and Madison. Seasons 3 & 4 may change that, but that's where I am right now.
08) Least Favorite storyline of all time: Amy & Tommy. Again, I thought her story could have just as well had been moved forward with a more severe case of depression or even a period of dating/flirting/teasing many different boys just in an attempt to make any human connection.
09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why: Sorry folks, Eph & Madison. Must admit, this is partially because when I was in high school my wife, then girlfriend, was 3 yrs older and in college so I really could identify with some of the issues they went through, and I find myself rooting for them to make it because we did.
10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why: Dr. Andy Brown & Dr. Gretchen Trott. Sure there was some chemistry but it felt a little forced and almost too obvious from the first encounter that her character was just a vehicle to get Andy back on the horse if you would.
11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland? No
12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following? Can't really comment since I haven't finished the show. Let me just say I did go out and read most of the episode recaps and even some of the transcripts so I know pretty much what is going to happen and I am looking forward to the Bright/Hannah relationship. I will say this, I already have my own treatments of where I would take seasons 5 and 6 if I were a producer of the show.
13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them? Who do you think you are, FOX? Way to miss the mark on a program that had a lot more story to tell.
14) Best looking actor? Chris Pratt
15) Best looking actress? Toss up between Emily VanCamp & Sarah Lancaster. I prefer Sarah as a blonde in EW to her look on Chuck but Emily is awesome on Bros & Sisters.
16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale? Don't know yet.
17) Favorite episode of all time? Have to give me three: Burden of Truth, Just Like In The Movies, and No Sure Thing (and maybe a little of Last Looks for good measure.)
18) Most talented actor? They are all great. Gregory Smith does such a superb job of portraying all the dichotomy’s that make Ephram the boy he is and you can't help but smile when you see Tom Amandes show up on camera.
19) Most talented actress? Again, you really feel like it is unfair to single anyone out, but I have to point out Betty White's performance as Carol Roberts. How can you not acknowledge that when you first see her you think "Oh, it's Betty White, I love her" and after one scene you are thinking "Wow, I really hate her on this show"!!!
20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say? I recently just did to a co-worker, it was really easy. All I said is you will love this show and gave her my season 1 on DVD. The first taste is free, season 2 will cost ya.
JasonJDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Welcome, Jason! Fun to see perspectives on the series at midpoint -- hope Season 3 and 4 will arrive some time sooner than 5 years from now, heh. And, yeah, Ephram and Tommy are good choices here, hee. You may well find a new choice for "Least Favorite..." later, but Ephram's a pretty solid pick. (Though I'm biased there.)
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I welcome you as well, Jason!

I loved reading your thoughts. It's unusual to prefer season 2 over season 1. I also really enjoyed season 2 and also didn't mind Ephram and Madison. She did serve her purpose in Ephram's development. I am wondering if you would have preferred that relationship to endure, or are you happy that the end of season 2 saw the beginning of an Ephram/Amy pairing.
I second Thief's comment that you will indeed most likely find a more detestable character than Tommy in season 3.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts in the future, Jason.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Another welcome, Jason! We like doing these, heh. I also hope that you won't have to wait too too long for S3 and S4. Unfortunately, we've got no word on that more than two months after the S2 release, but we're all holding out hope.

While I'm not a fan of Ephram and Madison, I think that it's really great that you could relate and connect to them in a big way. I think by the end of the series, even I gained a new appreciation for Madison and the couple...to an extent, hee, so that you're already a big fan of them before some of the events that gave me that appreciation for her and him is definitely unique and interesting to hear about.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. If you're interested, in a couple of weeks we'll be rewatching S2, and it would be great to get your perspective on watching it both as a new viewer.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Addicted Fan

ROFL, ya'll, seriously, it just dawned on me (reading Jason's post) that I was 18 and hubby was 16 when we started dating. We've been together 17 years now, so it all starts to blur after a while.

And now I can't stop laughing. I am Madison! Haaaaa.

I was never his babysitter though. So there.
Reply   Post New Thread