Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52
By all means....do it again! I love reading your opinions! Even when they're the same.
As you wish.

01) When did you first start watching Everwood?
When the Pilot first aired in Germany... they say it was 2005. It feels like it was earlier, though...

02) What made you first start watching?
Curiosity, a friend.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?
I don't really have a favorite season, I love them all so much, one day I'd say this season, the next day I'd say that season... most of the time I'd probably say season 2... but actually it's no season at all, I love them all just too much to really pick a season. I love Everwood. Period. From the beginning to the end, it's all so close to perfect that I can't really make a chioce...

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:
I didn't do it last year, and I'm not going to do it today. I can't.

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?
Today it's Amy. Maybe I love her because she is all I could have been and wanted to be as a five-year-old, what I probably would have been, too, if my childhood had been normal. I'm sure that, partially, it's still that fascination of a five-year-old... "she's like a princess!" And then there's my obsession with the name Amy, always loved it, since I first heard it, which should not be the reason for me liking Amy. And then there's my main reasons for my love of Amy, which I'm not sure I can put into words... she's just impressive, she's so strong and mature on the one hand, dealing with Colin in a coma, being the devoted girlfriend, while, on the other hand, you can see by the way she handles Ephram throughout season one, that she's still a girl, so unsure and weak inside. She's a sweet girl and I just adore her, I love that she has weaknesses and makes her mistakes, still never really means to and always apologizes. She has so much love and fire in her tummy and even though she can be quite freaky at times, she's just so adorable. She has so many different faces, goes through so many phases and I just love each and every one of them. I love her confused, I love her depressed, I love her cute and in love and I love her exploring herself. I don't really know how to say it, I just love her, for some reason. Also, I think Emily VanCamp is just inhumanly beautiful, which is probably another reason for why I fell in love with Amy right away.

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?
Nope. Don't have a least favorite and even if I did, I'd still love the character.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:
Ephram and Amy's

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:
Uh-uh... Madison and the baby, maybe... but even this added something to the show I wouldn't want to miss...

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Ephram and Amy... they're just the most adorable thing ever.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Don't really have one... even though the last time I did this I said that I didn't think I liked Reid with Amy and nope... I wouldn't have liked that.

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?
Yeeees! Monday-Friday for over half a year now!

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?
Ephram and Amy's, like back then: As a couple and as individuals.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?
I'm not gonna talk to them ever again. I'm pissed off till the day I die, when I see the light, I'll forgive them.

14) Best looking actor?
Duh.

15) Best looking actress?
Duh, duh.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale?
Yes. They did the best they could possibly have done with the little time they had. Of course, with the sudden end there was a lot left to be desired, I wanted more, I want more and so much of what we decided for our season five. It should have happened.

17) Favorite episode of all time?
Ugh.. I don't know... the Ephramy-fan in me is screaming "Your Future Awaits", "The Day is Done", "The Reflex", "Getting to Know You"... and I really do watch the major Ephramy-episodes a lot, but "Deer God" has a special place in my heart.

18) Most talented actor?
I don't know anything about talent, or acting.

19) Most talented actress?
Nope, I don't know anything..

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?
I shouldn't say anything. It scares people when I talk about Everwood. But talking in quotes and showing people the pilot works.
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

01) When did you first start watching Everwood? Pilot episode

02) What made you first start watching? My mother wanted to watch it; I was tired of seeing all the commercials featuring a purple-haired kid screaming at Treat Williams and so was not hugely enthusiastic, but I stuck around because I didn't feel like leaving the room, heh. Apparently I enjoyed it more than I thought I would...

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much? Season 4 - amazing overall arcs (culminating in what might be the show's finest stretch of episodes, from "Ghosts" through "Foreverwood"), great Andy/Ephram bonding, big focus on Ephram/piano, and Hannah's presence (allow me some bias here).

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite: 4, 3, 2, 1 (though I go back and forth on those last two; each have their merits, even though I'm in the minority for thinking that about S2, I'm sure, hee. But what I like about S2 is the heavier emphasis on the Abbotts, lots of Ephram/piano action, and a somewhat lesser emphasis on the town/Everwoodians than we had in S1, which was actually one of the things that makes me like S1 a little less. I'm not big on quirky townspeople)

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character? Ephram. Pale, scrawny, snarky introvert -- he had my heart with that "I don't speak dumbass" line in the Pilot (but even moreso with all his snarks on Bright, who was a long, long way away at that point from his eventual status as my second-favorite character). But I also loved him for his passion for and dedication to music (more on that a couple of questions down).

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character? I'll take the easy way out and go with Amanda, as she contributed absolutely nothing to the storyline. Eyebrows, too, though I think he had marginally more value to S2's story than Amanda did to S3's.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is: Probably going to have to echo Betty again and go with Ephram and the piano. The way in which his relationship with music paralleled his relationships with others was kind of brilliant, and there are few Everwood moments that made me happier than his performance at Will Cleveland's wake and his realization that he wants to go into music education. Likewise, the Juilliard fiasco was just a kick in the gut.

And just to show that I can be original, my second-runner up would be Bright's constant pattern of evolution and regression. He's immature, he grows, he screws things up dreadfully, but he always finds some way up again. A shame we didn't get to see him finally getting things right and having it stick, but that's what our Virtual Season 5 is for.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time: S3 Andy. Not just the affair with Amanda, either. Just...everything about him. I think "Best Laid Plans" was the only episode in which I didn't want to kick him, mainly because he had tea with Harold and tea with Harold makes everything better.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why: Bright and Hannah. They just meshed so well, in such an odd but somehow absolutely logical way. Their friendship was lovely to behold, and I loved that they weren't presented in an overly romantic way (except for that cheesy fake prom thing in "So Long, Farewell." Man, I hate that episode). I actually appreciated the direction their story took post-Ada, too, as their relationship grew increasingly problematic as S4 progressed and they lost sight of what made them work in the first place. Tearing everything down meant there was nothing left to lose in finally being honest with one another again, and that opened the way for reestablishing their relationship on a firmer footing.

Of course, if we're talking favorite theoretical couple, in the abstract, with no regard for the ramifications such a pairing would have on existing romantic relationships and friendships, then...well, you probably know who I'd go with then. Heh.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why: It's too easy an answer, but it's true: Andy/Amanda. I mean, I don't ship Ephram and Amy, but I understand them and can enjoy a couple of their scenes. Andy and Amanda were just gross.

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland? does it exist there? Videotapes that I made during the ABC Family run, because I currently live in 1995, apparently.

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following? Academic storylines for the younger set -- we didn't get enough of this in S4, and what we did get wasn't terribly well-told (I'm looking at you, Prof. Laurie, and poor, academic storyline-less Bright); integration of the Brown/Feeney households (though, not in the way Crazy Berlanti wanted to tell it, with Nina being pregnant by Jake); and the one thing Berlanti promised that didn't scare me, i.e. Ephram and Hannah spending more time together.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them? Does "Bite me, Ostroff" count?

14) Best looking actor? Greg (see explanation for my Ephram-love, hee)

15) Best looking actress? I am actually going to go with Sarah Drew here, for this reason: while Emily's basically flawless, Sarah has that normal/imperfect pretty thing going on, which I find more interesting.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale? Basically, yeah; it provided immediate resolution, but left you with the sense that their lives would continue past this point, which is much nicer than that awful proposed ending featuring Andy's funeral. Just, ugh.

17) Favorite episode of all time? Eek! Oh, there's "Goodbye Love," there's "Oh, the Places You'll Go," "The Perfect Day" (though that's marred by Amanda, so scratch that), "Lost and Found"...and many, many others. Oy.

18) Most talented actor? Everyone was brilliant, but I think I have to go with Tom here -- he just nailed it all and made Harold, who could really have maybe not been so likeable in another actor's hands, an amazingly sympathetic character, even in his occasionally iffy moments.

19) Most talented actress? This one I can't answer, because they all just brought such different things to the table, and were all fantastic.

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say? I sort of suck at selling people on things (except for book and music recommendations, apparently ), so I might just go Leo's route of showing rather than telling. Everwood's kind of a tough sell based on its description, anyway, because it just winds up sounding cheesy/soapy, even though the show itself generally managed to avoid these pitfalls.

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 02-10-2009 at 03:27 PM
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Today it's Amy. Maybe I love her because she is all I could have been and wanted to be as a five-year-old, what I probably would have been, too, if my childhood had been normal. I'm sure that, partially, it's still that fascination of a five-year-old... "she's like a princess!" And then there's my obsession with the name Amy, always loved it, since I first heard it, which should not be the reason for me liking Amy. And then there's my main reasons for my love of Amy, which I'm not sure I can put into words... she's just impressive, she's so strong and mature on the one hand, dealing with Colin in a coma, being the devoted girlfriend, while, on the other hand, you can see by the way she handles Ephram throughout season one, that she's still a girl, so unsure and weak inside. She's a sweet girl and I just adore her, I love that she has weaknesses and makes her mistakes, still never really means to and always apologizes. She has so much love and fire in her tummy and even though she can be quite freaky at times, she's just so adorable. She has so many different faces, goes through so many phases and I just love each and every one of them. I love her confused, I love her depressed, I love her cute and in love and I love her exploring herself. I don't really know how to say it, I just love her, for some reason. Also, I think Emily VanCamp is just inhumanly beautiful, which is probably another reason for why I fell in love with Amy right away.]

Leo, this is the most beautiful analysis of Amy that I have ever read. You saw and appreciated every facet of her!
I'm going to post this on the Emily thread so that all Emily/Amy fans can read and appreciate this!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know..I'm double posting ....so what are you going to do..fire me?

Thief, how did you sneak in there.....while I was responding to Leo? I didn't realize that you posted!
Wonderful responses....so well written (of course that's to be expected!)

Oh, Ephram love.....isn't it a beautiful thing?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale? Basically, yeah; it provided immediate resolution, but left you with the sense that their lives would continue past this point, which is much nicer than that awful proposed ending featuring Andy's funeral. Just, ugh.
Hey, Thief, I'm just curious about this. They were planning to have Andy die? Could you elaborate on this a little more, please?
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry, that was a misleading way of putting it. They were thinking of flashing forward several decades into the future to show Andy's funeral. I wish I could track down the original journalistic source for this info, but it was a couple of years ago, so this will have to do for now.

I just get so hung up on how distracting such an ending would have been; the show would conclude with a scene of either our usual actors in aging makeup, or an entirely new set of actors playing the older versions of the characters, and I don't care for either scenario. And I know Six Feet Under made it trendy to conclude a series with flash forwards and character demises, and heaven knows Everwood had its share of deaths and tragedy, but...there's just something so off-putting about the idea of closing out with a dead Andy, to me. There's a full circle thing there, granted, but I was depressed enough that night as it was without having to sit through someone's funeral, too.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Wait, the Andy funeral was actually considered? I had always thought that was some fan thinking up an idea of what they would like and then they popped it on Wikipedia. Hmm. Well, that bothers me, because as you point with with all of its various problems..it would have sucked. I never remembered reading the possiblity, but maybe I'm glad I didn't, hee. Although finding that out now is still not very encouraging. Blah.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I don't think I would have liked that ending much at all either.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm enjoying reading the different views and loves you all have of Everwood.. It's hard to write a definitive answer to some questions, as they do change from time to time.....I'll come back and try to do this later.

Leo what a beautiful summation of Amy.. I think in the future when ever I need to talk of my feelings of Amy.. I'll just write.. "what Leo said"
Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Leo, this is the most beautiful analysis of Amy that I have ever read. You saw and appreciated every facet of her!
I'm going to post this on the Emily thread so that all Emily/Amy fans can read and appreciate this!
Seriously? Because I didn't see anything remarkable about the text. I thought I was just babbling... thank you very much nonetheless. I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dreamer
Leo what a beautiful summation of Amy.. I think in the future when ever I need to talk of my feelings of Amy.. I'll just write.. "what Leo said"
Thank you very much as well.
But please don't just say "what Leo said", I'm here to read rhapsodies about Amy. So rhapsodize, please!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love that she has weaknesses and makes her mistakes, still never really means to and always apologizes. She has so much love and fire in her tummy and even though she can be quite freaky at times, she's just so adorable. She has so many different faces, goes through so many phases and I just love each and every one of them. I love her confused, I love her depressed, I love her cute and in love and I love her exploring herself.
This was my favourite part of your answer, Leo, but as Paul and Betty have said, it's fantastic. She really is passionate, and I love how she isn't afraid to say what she thinks because of that. She can be pretty blunt sometimes, with Ephram, Bright, Harold and Hannah. She isn't apologetic about having her own opinions, but I do also love that she is very genuine when she makes mistakes. She may not realize it right away, but when she does, she gives wonderful, sincere apologies.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

^ Agreed with what everyone said about Amy
Brody♥Bilson
How Cute Is She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
This was my favourite part of your answer, Leo, but as Paul and Betty have said, it's fantastic. She really is passionate, and I love how she isn't afraid to say what she thinks because of that. She can be pretty blunt sometimes, with Ephram, Bright, Harold and Hannah. She isn't apologetic about having her own opinions, but I do also love that she is very genuine when she makes mistakes. She may not realize it right away, but when she does, she gives wonderful, sincere apologies.
Yay! I made something nice! Thank you for your kind words.
So well said, 'Tos! Hee! I love it.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Great idea for a topic, somehow missed it...

My answers:

01) When did you first start watching Everwood?
Years ago, season 1 but not from the first episode.

02) What made you first start watching?
First? I don't know, I guess when I saw the characters are my age, that got my attention.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?
I guess I like S3 and S4 the same...
Hannah coming and her hooking up with Bright, Amy and Ephram going to college...

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite.
1. 3+4
2. 2
3. 1 (cuz I don't remember it well)

I would say Bright, but the only reason is that I think he got the biggest transformation throught series.
From dumbo-no-so-bright-partyboy to
got-my-senses-reason-and-emotions and also, making a big mistake, cheating Hannah, but becoming a better person in general.

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?
Madison. She made Ephram's life a bit too complicated...

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:
Bright and Hannah. Even though I like Ephram & Amy, they were too complicated as a couple, and too mushy...
B&H are more realistic, more believable, especially cuz of the ending.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:
Irv dying I suppose. I think it was unnecessary. Edna deserved more happiness.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:
B&H as I explained in #07.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Ephram & Madison. She just messed things up.

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?
No, where I live we don't have reruns anymore.

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?
See how A&E relationship grows, also, more fun with the whole team and some college stuff storylines would make me happy.
(Big NO to some gossip Hannah + Ephram love story)

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?
Shame on you! You made a girl cry.

14) Best looking actor?Hahah... I'm a fan of Scott Wolf. He's a sweetpie.

15) Best looking actress?
Emily VanCamp.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale? Well, yes, the best what could be done.

17) Favorite episode of all time?
Well, I don't know... some including humor, like, the one when Bright and Hannah kiss, or Amy and Ephram get 'The Talk'.

18) Most talented actor?
Treat Williams, of course, he's old school.
But I like Ephram's acting also.

19) Most talented actress?
Emily VanCamp. I think the best is yet to come.

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?
This is hard.
I would say, if you like realistic drama + humor, join me on the couch and let's watch!

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad you discovered this thread, miss-rebel!

You have to watch season one again...so that you'll get to know it better. It's a wonderful season and the official dvds are available to purchase. If you had been reading this board today....you would have seen that everyone is excited about the release of the season two DVDs on June 16th. It's such long awaited good news.
Reply   Post New Thread