Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thankfully, the vast majority in real life are not going behind the wheel like Bright and Colin did so I guess that's the best way to look at it.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I agree . When I typed my post on how there are exceptions I was thinking about Anna. She would never be that reckless, but honestly Anna is miles away from Bright and Colin as far as maturity goes. Sorry, but that's the truth.

While it works for Anna, I am not sure how many teens are that mature and wise and smart. Most probably not a lot.

I do agree that there are a lot of adults that are less mature than Anna though. That's also true. It does depend on the person in general, but for the most teens are not that mature anyway so upping up the age won't hurt.

We will still have reckless drivers unfortunately, but at least we will help some teens by preventing them the mental trauma of being responsible for car accident.
Well, Anna and I are alike so no doubt it's why we embraced driving and we're just fine. Sara right now has her permit and she could go out there and drive on her own right now. Kris was fine driving at 16, so was my mom and dad. I know plenty of people who are just fine driving at 16. I don't think it's necessarily rare as a result. I don't believe my country severely screwed it up necessarily since there's a nice group that does 100% perfectly fine. In fact, out of all the people I know, family and friends in three states, I've never encountered one person who wasn't ready at 16 to be honest. At 18, there's men and women (very young adult) who go to war. Now that's another story all together. Talk about the psychological implications there. But yes, the ones that are not prepared (and there is a nice group), it can definitely be a problem.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
When I was a kid in New Jersey, we got our driver licenses at 17 with no restrictions. I didn't really start driving until I was 19 and I had my first car though. My parents hardly ever let me drive their car. I was a pretty irresponsible driver when I was young, but I was fortunate that I never got any tickets or into an accident back then.
I went to the DMV on my 17th birthday. I was very anxious to get my drivers license.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I went to the DMV on my 17th birthday. I was very anxious to get my drivers license.
Really? LOL Man I couldn't wait! I felt so independent and free with that license. I drove myself to Varsity basketball practice minutes after I passed.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I waited for a few months after I turned 17 to get my drivers license. I never really felt confident about my driving, and when my father taught me he made me feel nervous, so I didn't think I would pass the test but I did. The hardest part for me was parallel parking. I practiced a lot and I still didn't really master it, but when I took the test, the tester gave me a second chance to do it and I passed. I haven't parallel parked since then!

To this day, I drive because I have to, not because I want to. I don't really like driving.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I waited for a few months after I turned 17 to get my drivers license. I never really felt confident about my driving, and when my father taught me he made me feel nervous, so I didn't think I would pass the test but I did. The hardest part for me was parallel parking. I practiced a lot and I still didn't really master it, but when I took the test, the tester gave me a second chance to do it and I passed. I haven't parallel parked since then!

To this day, I drive because I have to, not because I want to. I don't really like driving.
I've had to parallel park alot growing up in Paterson. I failed Parallel parking the first time, too. They made us park between 2 cones and it would have been much easier to do it between 2 cars. In my day it was cones. lol
Old 01-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I've had to parallel park alot growing up in Paterson. I failed Parallel parking the first time, too. They made us park between 2 cones and it would have been much easier to do it between 2 cars. In my day it was cones. lol
In my day it was cones too! I'm sure that you had to parallel park a lot in Paterson, since it's an actual city. In Fair Lawn and in Bergen County, I never really had to parallel park.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-29-2018, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In my day it was cones too! I'm sure that you had to parallel park a lot in Paterson, since it's an actual city. In Fair Lawn and in Bergen County, I never really had to parallel park.
I do have to parallel park when I am on River Rd in Fair lawn and on Fair Lawn Ave, but you're right..no need to parallel park in the residential areas.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've always been okay with parallel parking. My dad took me out and we practiced repeatedly. It was his mission to help me learn. He did just that. My sister and brother-in-law were dedicated too and that's why I know Anna's a wonderful driver. Sara's going to be great, too. She's like a natural, lol. Her first time ever driving she looked cool as a cucumber. I think it's a combination of either people liking it or not, along with the support system they have while first learning.

That said, even if I can parallel park, no problem... when I'm in downtown Minneapolis and forced to squeeze into a spot with cars behind me, it's not like my ideal situation even if I get through it.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I've always been okay with parallel parking. My dad took me out and we practiced repeatedly. It was his mission to help me learn. He did just that. My sister and brother-in-law were dedicated too and that's why I know Anna's a wonderful driver. Sara's going to be great, too. She's like a natural, lol. Her first time ever driving she looked cool as a cucumber. I think it's a combination of either people liking it or not, along with the support system they have while first learning.

That said, even if I can parallel park, no problem... when I'm in downtown Minneapolis and forced to squeeze into a spot with cars behind me, it's not like my ideal situation even if I get through it.
Yes, my dad taught me how to parallel park as well. Yeah..when I have to do it I don't have a problem. Of course it is helpful when the space is not a tight squeeze.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Administrator

My father taught me how to parallel park but he wasn't patient with me and he made me nervous when he was teaching me, so I never really mastered it. Besides that, I'm not exactly the most coordinated person in the world so driving doesn't come naturally to me.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, my dad taught me how to parallel park as well. Yeah..when I have to do it I don't have a problem. Of course it is helpful when the space is not a tight squeeze.
Exactly. If it's not a tight squeeze it's not bad. I just get nervous when there's cars in back of me because I don't like making them wait.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My father taught me how to parallel park but he wasn't patient with me and he made me nervous when he was teaching me, so I never really mastered it. Besides that, I'm not exactly the most coordinated person in the world so driving doesn't come naturally to me.

I feel more comfortable driving than not. I don't know if it's an Introverted thing but I feel way more in control when I'm the driver instead of relying on other people to drive. I think that's why I embrace driving so much. I have personal control and it's comforting. In the past, I've been stuck with friends without a car and had to go places I didn't want to go. I rather have my car so I can leave when I want to. It's so much easier when I drive places because I can come and go as I please and don't feel trapped. I think driving is like an anti-anxiety medicine for me. LOL

Last edited by jediwands; 01-30-2018 at 08:15 AM
Old 02-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here's a topic question:

Did Amy "cheat" on Colin with Ephram?

Colin was in a coma, of course, which was heartbreaking. There wasn't even a huge chance of him recovering until Andy came to town...

But as we know Ephram/Amy immediately clicked and shared an emotional connection along with some romantic moments as well... kissed twice, and many other emotional/romantic moments. But was it considered cheating in the literal sense? We also know Colin was planning on breaking up with Amy because Laynie told us as much. Colin and Amy were definitely not lasting.

The situation is definitely complicated and there might not even be a black and white answer... but what does everyone think?
Old 02-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Administrator

I don't think that Amy cheated on Colin when she started connecting with Ephram. As she later said, she was in love with the idea of Colin, and not with Colin himself, but as soon as she met Ephram she felt a bond and connection with him that she had never felt with anyone else, and although she tried to fight it due to her loyalty to Colin and the corresponding guilt that she felt, deep down she knew her connection with Ephram was something special and something real, and that he was "her one," just like she was "his one."

I think that she would have broken up with Colin eventually or he would have broken up with her if he had lived, because what she had with Colin wasn't real, but what she had with Ephram was real.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread