Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad to have someone else in the Jacob hate mood, hee. I figured I was going overboard, but he's definitely an asshat. Asshat for a reason, but an asshat nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
I really, really hated the MEoW story in this episode. Gastric bypass is NOT a surgery that's to be taken lightly, and contrary to popular belief not every fat person has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Andy didn't even do any health testing on the guy, he just took one look at him and made a decision. Grrrr.
Hmm. Good point. It's obvious that the writers didn't pay much attention to this MEOW in general. Which is fine, I guess, becuase the MEOW often shouldn't be the most important thing of the episode, This one, especially. feels rushed and half-assed to fit in a little father/son parallel and added stressed for Andy. I have always loved Jacob's "This kid's good" line, but it's about the only really great thing that comes from the MEOW.

While I adore S1, I'm really glad that the show stepped away from feeling like they had to have a MEOW almost every episode. By the time S4 hits, there's really only a few for the whole season.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 09-09-2009 at 03:43 PM
Old 09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
While I adore S1, I'm really glad that the show stepped away from feeling like they had to have a MEOW almost every episode. By the time S4 hits, there's really only a few for the whole season.
They were a constant enough presence to be one of the factors in my lesser affection for S1 as compared to the subsequent seasons. It often felt like they were scrambling for medical cases and the stories detracted to some degree from the family and friendship stories that I did find engaging. I actually think S4 handled it best, really; the MEoWs had a heavier presence than they did in S3, but they were of a higher caliber than the S1 cases.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Oh definitely. Most of the time all they did was just drag you away from the episode.

And seriously, this was a small town. How many people are really going to be on death's door every week?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
And seriously, this was a small town. How many people are really going to be on death's door every week?
Hee, true enough. Although I assume that most small towns don't have Andy Brown going around trying to convince everyone that he MUST help them, no matter what they think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
I actually think S4 handled it best, really; the MEoWs had a heavier presence than they did in S3, but they were of a higher caliber than the S1 cases.
Huh. I would have assumed that S3 had more MEOWs. Which proves that they were indeed at their best in S4, because they were rarely annoying and often added to the stories, especially by paralleling them with Andy and Ephram's new bond.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, today I finally managed to watch another episode. I'm so behind. I'm sorry.

I had seen this episode before but couldn't remember everything.

First of all I have been really shocked by Amy! I could have smushed her something in her face! What the hell is going on with her for telling Ephram he shall go back to NY? Stupid girl! I know he won't go but I wonder if she someday will know what her comment caused to Ephram.

Andy wasn't the best father in there as well... Without asking his son (who so don't like parties) why he so bad has to go to the party he put the dad card and wonders what the result is. Not the best thing.
But it's really really mean of Ephram and the grandfather to say Andy that Ephram will go to NY with them! It's Andy's decision. He's the dad and although he isn't doing that well he so tries to be the dad the kids need! The grandfather has no clue IMO! He hasn't been in Everwood the last month. He doesn't know what's going on and what Andy did.

About the grandmother... I have to admit that I like her a lot. At least at the end we get to see that she is a good person. And she cares a lot about the kids (especially Delia). The fact that Delia is like her mom is great. Love that.

Bright finally starts to talk normally to Ephram. I know it's still a long way until they become friends but I already love it.

I so had to laugh when Harold had a fish! How he handled it was too hilarious!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
First of all I have been really shocked by Amy! I could have smushed her something in her face! What the hell is going on with her for telling Ephram he shall go back to NY? Stupid girl! I know he won't go but I wonder if she someday will know what her comment caused to Ephram.
I have also wanted to smash Amy in the face....but I don't remember her telling Ephram to go back to NY. She did tell him that he should move on...but she didn't mean to move onto NY. She meant that he should forget about her and move on to other things.
Quote:

Andy wasn't the best father in there as well... Without asking his son (who so don't like parties) why he so bad has to go to the party he put the dad card and wonders what the result is. Not the best thing.
I was absolutely furious with Andy for forbidding Ephram from going to that party. Poor Ephram.....he's uprooted to a new state.....he has no friends.....people call him a freak....he finally has a chance to go to a party...and actually wants to go! Andy should have been ecstatic! This is a positive thing....even with the drinking!

Quote:
But it's really really mean of Ephram and the grandfather to say Andy that Ephram will go to NY with them! It's Andy's decision. He's the dad and although he isn't doing that well he so tries to be the dad the kids need! The grandfather has no clue IMO! He hasn't been in Everwood the last month. He doesn't know what's going on and what Andy did.

Jacob had an awful lot of nerve planning all of this with Ephram behind Andy's back. Poor Andy....he lost his wife.....he was trying so hard to be a good dad (finally) and all he needed was to lose his son as well!

Quote:
About the grandmother... I have to admit that I like her a lot. At least at the end we get to see that she is a good person. And she cares a lot about the kids (especially Delia). The fact that Delia is like her mom is great. Love that.
Yes, she was fair. She actually cared about Andy.

Quote:
Bright finally starts to talk normally to Ephram. I know it's still a long way until they become friends but I already love it.
Yes, that was funny. And I loved Ephram's condom remark.
Bright finally realized that Ephram was actually good for Amy.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have also wanted to smash Amy in the face....but I don't remember her telling Ephram to go back to NY. She did tell him that he should move on...but she didn't mean to move onto NY. She meant that he should forget about her and move on to other things.
I have watched it in German... Stupid, stupid synchronization! I'm sorry I confused you here.

Quote:
I was absolutely furious with Andy for forbidding Ephram from going to that party. Poor Ephram.....he's uprooted to a new state.....he has no friends.....people call him a freak....he finally has a chance to go to a party...and actually wants to go! Andy should have been ecstatic! This is a positive thing....even with the drinking!
On this post I really see you're a teacher. Wouldn't have been able to see it that positive but when I think about it now you're totally right. Even the drinking was positive. Ephram finally behaved like a normal teenager.

Quote:
And I loved Ephram's condom remark.
It was great! They even translated it into German.
And yeah, Bright isn't such a stupid brother who doesn't know what's good for his sister and who cares for his sister. I love that on him!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad you've gotten to another episode, Kris! Don't worry about being "behind", as long as you get to them, we'll read and respond to your thoughts, always!

Agreed with you two on Andy's parenting, Jacob, the grandmother being nice (especially compared to her husband, heh) and Bright and Ephram having more conversations together. Them getting to be better and better friends is one of the best things of late S1, and of the whole S2! They're a great match as buddies, even though they're both so different!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Tos! I'm glad I can talk with you guys about the episodes also I'm a bit late.

I have to ask you about that now because I want to know. Does Amy ever get to know what she did to Ephram by telling him he has to get over her/this? That she wanted to leave town and move back to NY?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Thanks, Tos! I'm glad I can talk with you guys about the episodes also I'm a bit late.

I have to ask you about that now because I want to know. Does Amy ever get to know what she did to Ephram by telling him he has to get over her/this? That she wanted to leave town and move back to NY?
I don't know if you watched the next episode, Kris..."Is There A Doctor In The House?".....but during a scene in the episode....Ephram does tell Amy that what she says does affect his moods.
You're going to have to watch that episode and report back to us!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched it yet, Betty.

So she never really get to know about it I assume. I wish he would have told her what really happened to him when she told him. It's not really what she told him but how she did. I know she was sad and angry because of the thing about Colin but Ephram helped her so much. He doesn't deserve that.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I haven't watched it yet, Betty.

So she never really get to know about it I assume. I wish he would have told her what really happened to him when she told him. It's not really what she told him but how she did. I know she was sad and angry because of the thing about Colin but Ephram helped her so much. He doesn't deserve that.

Kris, Ephram does tell Amy what happened to him when she told him that he needs to move on. You will see that in the next episode....they will talk about it while sitting on the Brown Family's porch....watching the snow. It's a lovely scene....one of my favorites.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just watched it, Betty. And there I go to the other thread...
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Ephram does tell Amy that what she says does affect his moods.
and with that, Ephram says things that probably affected Amy's moods too
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Just watched this without taking notes, more relaxing in a way. I remember in the beginning when Irv has his open speech about kids being taken away from their fathers and I was like who is going to take away Ephram and Delia The light came really fast on when they were all smelling the bakery, the Hoffmans is in. I love the Hoffmans, which I know that not many others do

I actually think it was rude of Andy to not invite them there considering that they have raised the kids much more than him.

* Ephram/Jacob, I like them together, they just fit in a way and you can see how comfortable Ephram is with him, and it is good for Ephram to have somebody to talk with about stuff like Amy =)

* Ruth/Edna/Delia. Cute story and I really liked how much Ruth wanted Delia to remember Julia, also a good story about Julia that nobody could tell her what to do It was also cool with the "typical" city woman vs country woman, Edna vs Ruth. They did end up in agreement, how could they not with an angel like Delia

* Ephram/Amy not the best episode for them. I keep wondering why Ephram had to bring up Colin on that party, he was there to cheer her up not make her more knowing about the fact that Colin dont remember her. I do understand Amy being upset, but I also think she was waaay out of line when she told him to move on. And thats much coming from an hardcore Amy fan But I do know that this is going to lead up to my signature

* Andy/Jacob. I totally get that Jacob is upset with Andy. Not only wasnt Andy there for the kids before Julia died, but he also took them away from the ones who were afterwards. I dont really see it as if Jacob is pushing Ephram away from him, he just asked Ephram an honest question that he got an honest respond to. Any comments on this?

* Bright/Ephram, the first "nice" conversation between them, it was nice to see Bright swallow his pride for a minute and ask his "enemy" to help his sister Even if it didnt seem like he liked it that much.

* Harold, not much of him in this episode, but we did get a taste of his competition spirit, it was funny to see him when he was yelling at Bright that he got a fish!

Almost forgot, seeing Ephram drunk=priceless
You can't take the sky from me

Last edited by Rolfi Cole; 12-20-2010 at 04:03 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread