Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy always was positive....a good thing. She just forgot to factor in the negatives.

You can't create the perfect picture without having the negatives.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Well, that's the thing. There's no such thing as perfection in a relationship. There's always going to be negatives and flaws. You can't just ignore them. You can only try to fix the negatives, or turn them into positives. I think Amy understood that, really, she was just afraid to confront what the real problems were.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I think Amy understood that, really, she was just afraid to confront what the real problems were.
Added to that is the fact that Amy was 15. "Love" is different at that age. It's all beautiful...and usually....the participants have huge blinders on. Colin was realistic...but I don't believe that Amy was. She was enjoying a beautiful romance with the most popular/good looking/athletic guy in the school....so....what problems?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Added to that is the fact that Amy was 15. "Love" is different at that age. It's all beautiful...and usually....the participants have huge blinders on. Colin was realistic...but I don't believe that Amy was. She was enjoying a beautiful romance with the most popular/good looking/athletic guy in the school....so....what problems?
Great point. Colin was a little older, and also post-surgery was even more cynical, so he could see more of the negatives. And I really really agree with that last line. She was in the relationship that everyone would want to be in. That perfect high school relationship that everyone is told will work out perfectly.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The high school sweethearts. The innocent girl and the jock. But in reality they couldn't be more opposite
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread