Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for moving the post, Betty.

Welcome, camdun8846155. Are you just looking for the replacement songs, or is there some of the non-replacement songs you're after too? I'm not sure about any of the replacement songs, but you can look at the originals at Everwood Music Guide - Music List By Episode Number which has a list of songs used in S4.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:31 AM
New Fan

Everwood Season 4 Replacement music

Actually, I know the orginal songs played in the WB version of everwood, but on the dvd's I was looking for the replacement music they changed in place of the others. For example:george is jones-"Ruins" was replaced with something totally different that I thought seemed to fit. So I was wondering if anyone had any information on the replaced songs in the season 4 episodes not the orginal aired music. Thanks for any help on this question.
camdun8846155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Oh, I LOVE that piece of music at the end! It is a Blake Neely original from his score. It's unfortunately not one of the pieces on his website, so...not sure how to get it. But at least it is not a replacement song, so we know who did it.

Welcome to the board, by the way!
Thanks. Yeah, I would love to get my hands on as many of Neely's musical score pieces from the show (vs. the soundtrack songs). But I've only been able to find a handful of random ones. I did hear there are some on his website, but had trouble grabbing them... is there a way to do more then stream them?
everwould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwould (View Post)
Thanks. Yeah, I would love to get my hands on as many of Neely's musical score pieces from the show (vs. the soundtrack songs). But I've only been able to find a handful of random ones. I did hear there are some on his website, but had trouble grabbing them... is there a way to do more then stream them?
There is a way to download them all, yes. I don't know how, but shadow mentioned something earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
If you're not already using FireFox, get it! It has an add-on called Download Helper that can download...pretty much anything. For the songs, you just choose which one you want, click play and then the helper icon will light up. When that happens, just select the file and there you go.
Hope that helps. I'm sure if you're having trouble with it, someone (not me, sadly, heh) will be happy to help you out. They're well worth it, believe me!

camdun8846155, I hope you find the replacement songs. Katsu earlier in the thread did find one of the new songs from S4, so it is possible. It's just not easy, unfortunately.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey you all!
I have a question for discussion here. What are your favourite musical moments from Everwood? What I mean by that is scenes you remember mostly because you remember the wonderful musical accompaniment and where it really works its magic..
you can, of course, list anything you liked, but I'd prefer the original score by Blake Neely

I'll go first, if you don't mind.
  • 1x12 'Vegetative State': the music playing when E/A are walking down the street and the wonderful 'I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend' line - the piano here just kills me every time I hear it
  • 1x22 'Home': the scene before the very end, Ephram's 'But.. I am home' moment - again, awesome subtlety by Neely, the musical score fades in unnoticeably and then strikes the perfect chord after Ephram says he IS home
  • 2x01 'The Last of Summer': beginning montage and the ending when Amy sees the hallucination of Colin by the pool - what Amy must be feeling there.. it's perfectly captured in music, although as it ends with a major chord, it leaves the audience with a sense of hope in the backdrop of all the tragedy that has occurred, just SO beautiful
  • 2x18 'Last Looks': Ephram finally saying goodbye to Madison - oh god, the sadness in those strings when the orchestra goes all forte!

Last edited by Amont; 08-26-2011 at 03:08 AM
Amont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- 3X9 "The Reflex": I loved the ending scene in the Cabin when the camera just panned away from Amy/Ephram. Beautiful scene.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Great question, Amont.

For Blake Neely's score, two that stand out for me are:

(1) When Ephram sees the burnt forest that Andy and him take the deer to and he breaks down, there's a great...I don't know, sad, breakdown music underneath the scene that adds to the emotion wonderfully.

(2) The hopeful but sad piano piece at the end of "Foreverwood" when we get the last look of the town which has parts of a slowed down version of the main theme. Always gets to me. Easily my #1 favourite piece by Blake Neely. Absolute perfection for the moment.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I love those as well everwoodfan52 and 'Tos - great choices!
Can we think of some more good ones?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this scene...and the song that Ephram "wrote" for Amy....I'm assuming Blake Neely wrote it.

Are you planning on using these choices to make another video, Amont?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's a secret I will keep from you for a whole long season like Andy But I have something in my mind, so keep it up!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, exciting! Can't wait to see/hear what you do, Amont.

One more of the night: at the end of "Lost and Found", another version of the theme when Ephram plays the piano for Andy for the first time in a long while that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Gorgeous theme.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
New Fan

Normally I hate bumping old threads, but does anybody know what the replacement song was for the dance scene with Ephram and Amy in Foreverwood Part 1? I know most people hate that they replaced the song, but I liked the other song they chose. I just can't seem to find it, even I have a good amount of the lyrics.
Freak4Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak4Dell (View Post)
Normally I hate bumping old threads, but does anybody know what the replacement song was for the dance scene with Ephram and Amy in Foreverwood Part 1? I know most people hate that they replaced the song, but I liked the other song they chose. I just can't seem to find it, even I have a good amount of the lyrics.
Welcome to the board!

Unfortunately, those replacement songs are very difficult to find. I wish that Warner would release a list of the music, since there's obvious interest. A poster a page or so back did find one replacement song, though, so it IS possible with at least some of the songs. Let us know if you get any luck.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
New Fan

Hey, I am new to the board, but I was looking for some season 4 replacement music (music on the dvd) and came across this message board. if you are still looking for that music from the finale I found it on youtube. here it is. hope you like it. Foreverwood - YouTube
boongaloonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boongaloonga (View Post)
Hey, I am new to the board, but I was looking for some season 4 replacement music (music on the dvd) and came across this message board. if you are still looking for that music from the finale I found it on youtube. here it is. hope you like it. Foreverwood - YouTube
Welcome the board! We're glad you stumbled onto us!

Fantastic song, thanks for posting. Blake Neely at his best.
Reply   Post New Thread