Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
New Fan

I'll interrupt your discussions about the replacement songs a bit but since this thread is about the music in Everwood I think it's not that much off topic.

I'm a huge fan of the score from Blake Neely and only a few days ago I found out that he has some pieces of the score (most main themes and some other memorable stuff) on his homepage. I tried to download the songs but but I couldn't figure out how to get to the files from the streams. Could maybe sombeody help me with that? I would really appreciate it! Here's the link: Blake Neely: Projects - Everwood (2002 - 2006)
Seraph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think we're lucky with a show like Everwood because with a lot of shows the music is what makes a scene wonderful, and that's awesome (I love, love, love when music is used perfectly), but at least with Everwood the writing and acting leaves us just as emotional even if the music is tampered with.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Question, what music would you say is essential on Everwood? (This is open to everyone), and were those songs on the dvds?

I think we've talked about that topic, but why not, we have time, Everwood's always a topic I like to talk about. I have seen Season 1-2 several times, so I can tell you about that music a lot more than about season 3-4. That's the truth.

"Cathedrals" Jump Little Children
"Man On The Moon" R.E.M. - woah, this song, I love it so much, I try not to think about Everwood every time I listen to it, cos it would make me almost cry.
"Song For You" Alexi Murdoch
"Nightingale" Norah Jones - such a beautiful song during Amy's breakdown when she had her ballet dance
"Trouble" Kristen Hersh was beautiful and the unveilling.
"Better Than Anyone" must've been at the dance where Amy and Ephram dances.

Season 3 has only like a handful of songs I REALLY need, and I got those episodes on my hard drive (couldn't find the s2 finale ), cos those songs weren't on the dvds. 6, 16, 17, 22.

#6: "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire and "At Last" by Etta James, both played at the wedding (sorry guys, I had to look which freaking wedding it was, who the heck was it? The reverend ), I need those songs, cos I love them!

#16: "As The Rush Comes" by Motorcycle. This is a Trance Classics, one of the huge Trance tracks ever, so I when they played it at this house party, I need this song, and I also need "Force Of Gravity" by BT, the music was especially perfect when Amy had the "dream" with the goodbye from Colin, can't miss that.

#17: "Song For You" by Alexi Murdoch. What a scene, Amy and Ephram eating fries and walking down the scene. Of course that's always beautiful, but it was a very special thing, cos both characters were like living in their parallel worlds/storylines in season 2 before, so it was magic. And of course they changed that song, so there was no more "song for you" on the dvd.

#22: "Please don't pass me by" from Jack Harlan. What a beautiful last song with the I think last scene of the season when we see Andy in New York, and they changed it! How could they? Who is Jack Harlan? Not a star! So why couldn't they efford this beautiful song and had to ruin the scene by replacing it.

"That's all" by Michael Buble, the scene when Sam crashed the car.

Season 3 and 4 is too har, Deb Talan's "Forgiven" and "Comfort" are especially beautiful, "Fields Of Gold" by the great Eva Cassidy of course is awesome (sorry, I don't have the scenes in my head), so from now on I only can tell you the songs I like, but I think that's boring, cos I don't know the scenes the songs were in.
ForVanAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Am I the only one who's absolutely devastated and torn for not having more of Blake Neely's original score available anywhere? I'm in the middle of my rewatch fest, currently at the beginning of season 3 and there has been like an endless amount of scenes where Neely has done a superb job with the music and I know yeah.. there's the official soundtrack available and also some excerpts of his own work as well.. but that's not it. I want those wonderful piano melodies, the soft string sections and all of that. It just makes the whole thing so much more meaningful for me.. three of my favourite scenes where Neely's music and the imagery blend in so well are: the 'I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend' from 'Vegetative State' in S1, then the 'But I am home' from 'Home' (obviously) also from S1, and then the ending of 'The Last of Summer' of course.. when Amy sees the vision of Colin by the pool and then the episode ends. These are just some of those moments that I just LOVE to death. Also the music playing along to 'My Tragic Flaw' narration.. God, that's perfect. And I'm like slowly going out of my mind every day because they're not available. Every time I get the need to hear them I just have to watch the scenes again Which is not bad, of course, but for how long can you keep that up, eh..

Uh, okay, end of rant, I got a little passionate here
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM
New Fan

Did you read my post at the beginning of page 3? You can find some pieces of the beautiful score on his homepage (in case you didn't know) and I'm still hoping for some help to download them and not stream them all the time.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph87 (View Post)
I'll interrupt your discussions about the replacement songs a bit but since this thread is about the music in Everwood I think it's not that much off topic.

I'm a huge fan of the score from Blake Neely and only a few days ago I found out that he has some pieces of the score (most main themes and some other memorable stuff) on his homepage. I tried to download the songs but but I couldn't figure out how to get to the files from the streams. Could maybe sombeody help me with that? I would really appreciate it! Here's the link: Blake Neely: Projects - Everwood (2002 - 2006)
If you're not already using FireFox, get it! It has an add-on called Download Helper that can download...pretty much anything. For the songs, you just choose which one you want, click play and then the helper icon will light up. When that happens, just select the file and there you go.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Seraph, I sent you a PM (check the upper right corner) about that music. I have them already and will happily share if you contact me

But what I meant was all of the other music that's never been available. I would kill to have them..
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 AM
New Fan

I think I have found another song that is a replacement song... In the episode 13 out of the season 4, "An Ounce Of Prevention" there is a song in the end which I really liked, but I couldn't figure out enough lyrics to google it. I just hate that I already have two songs that I can't find

We gotta send an email to WB so we can get a list of the replacement songs or something.

*EDIT*
I FOUND IT! It's "What Have We Got To Lose" by Aron Wright. Yey, now I only need to find the another one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoZx0Mc-Km4

Last edited by Katsu; 08-14-2011 at 07:45 AM
Katsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Seraph! Nice to see you stop by. I love that site and those songs. Thanks for posting the link for everyone. I'm glad that shadow or Amont (thanks you two!) can help you download them or share the downloaded versions with you; another poster did that for me and it's great to be able to play them whenever. I even have a few on my iPod. /nerd

Ooh, congrats and thanks for finding that song, Katsu! Wow, finally we've got one of them! Great work; that is NOT easy to do!

Amont, there must be a way to extract certain songs of the score or the piano pieces from the episodes, right? Thief extracted "Bella Ray" for us in the Last Thread so it's definitely possible. Now, how easy it is? That I don't know, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:23 AM
New Fan

Thanks a lot for the help, I've got the songs now.

It really is a shame that they never released a proper score album, they even did it for Smallville a few weeks ago and I don't think that this music nearly reches the quality of Everwood's score. The score is one of the many reasons why I love this show so much, it always perfectly captures the feel of the scenes and sets the perfect atmosphere for the unique setting. Maybe they'll release an album some day, the DVDs took their time as well.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's true, I'd buy an Everwood score soundtrack ASAP. And I'm not a big score fan, of course I like that music in movies and tv shows, but without the moving pictures I don't listen to scores. I think for a score of an "old" show like Everwood somebody should send an email to Blake Neely or The WB, because I'm sure they won't release it without knowing there are fans out there interested.
ForVanAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

'Tos, I'm not really so sure. The only way I can imagine it being done would be to get the sound from those certain scenes - that's actually quite easy to do in any video editing program. But then you would need to edit out all the dialogue, and even then it wouldn't be high quality, I suppose. That's as far as my knowledge and know-how goes. Maybe Thief had a better way of doing this? If yes, I would certainly at least try to get some of the best pieces of music extracted.. you know I've even gone as far as to consider rewriting some of the music down into a notation program and use digital audio samples to reproduce the sound. That's what I did with 'For Amy', anyway. But I had a bit of help since someone (don't remember who) had, at some point, transcribed that song and made a nice pdf file with the sheet music so all I had to do was insert it into my notation program, add some dynamics and tempo markings and then let the audio samples do their magic.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
New Fan

Specific version of theme

Does anyone have the music from the "Lost and Found" episode of season 4? The end scene refers to Ephram playing the piano but has an upbeat version of the Everwood theme in the background, while Andy and Ephram are talking.
everwould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwould (View Post)
Does anyone have the music from the "Lost and Found" episode of season 4? The end scene refers to Ephram playing the piano but has an upbeat version of the Everwood theme in the background, while Andy and Ephram are talking.
Oh, I LOVE that piece of music at the end! It is a Blake Neely original from his score. It's unfortunately not one of the pieces on his website, so...not sure how to get it. But at least it is not a replacement song, so we know who did it.

Welcome to the board, by the way!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope someone can help this new poster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdun8846155 (View Post)
I know this is a long shot,but does anyone know about any of the replacement music used in the season 4 everwood dvd. I am especially looking for the music on the following episodes:
Season 4- Episode 1,2,9,17,19,20,21, and 22

If anyone knows please let me know, I am lost on what was playing on the part 1 and 2 of the finale.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread